:zzz:

E. Blackadder
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:49 PM
and lindsay :)

Crazy_Fool
Amelie and the Russians.

Yeah and i was really looking forward to it as well.

GoDominique
Okay, Lindsay too. :o

E. Blackadder
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:52 PM
Provisionary Seeds: :o

1. Mauresmo FRA
2. Myskina RUS
3. Davenport USA
4. Dementieva RUS
5. Kuznetsova RUS
6. Zvonareva RUS
7. Petrova RUS
8. Sugiyama JPN

Elske
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:53 PM
GoDominique = bores too so what's the problem

tenn_ace
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:53 PM
fine with me :bounce:

hablo
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:54 PM
:rolleyes:

Crazy_Fool
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:55 PM
I like loads of players in this field, I just wish we would have full field, but that doesn't seem to happen thesedays.

E. Blackadder
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:55 PM
whiiiii..... bitchfight!!!!

wait right here... I'll get some mud :devil:

LostGlory
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:56 PM
So many Russians....

Wojtek
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:57 PM
Amelie and the Russians.

It's the best indoors event. I'm sure we will see a lot of great matches

TheBoiledEgg
then why not cancel every tournament until every player is 100% fit :rolleyes:

XaDavK_Kapri
It's a really talented field, but right now, I'm just seeing that Kim's name is not there and it makes me :sad: But the players that are there will make it interesting I'm sure :) Go Lindsay, Go Amélie, Go Svetlana, Go Elena and Go Vera! :lol:

GoDominique
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:58 PM
Elske = bores.

What a boring day.

GoDominique
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:59 PM
then why not cancel every tournament until every player is 100% fit :rolleyes:
Every other tournament is fine with that field.
Filderstadt is not.

Wojtek
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:59 PM

1. Mauresmo FRA
2. Myskina RUS
3. Davenport USA
4. Dementieva RUS
5. Kuznetsova RUS
6. Zvonareva RUS
7. Petrova RUS
8. Sugiyama JPN
They will use this week rankning.

Kuznetsova will be seed 4 Demeniteva will be 5

Martian Willow
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:01 PM
Yay!!! Russians!!! :bounce:

Wojtek
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:01 PM
His thread are so boring and stupid

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:02 PM
Every other tournament is fine with that field.
Filderstadt is not.
you should be happy that Filderstadt is still alive :p

tenn_ace
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:03 PM

where is Filderstadt anyways?

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:07 PM
Stuttgart

GoDominique
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:08 PM
That's only because I haven't been there yet. :p

Sorry, but I'm spoiled with Filderstadt's usual fields, and this is just not the same.
And we have several hours of coverage each day, so you want to see some BIG matches.

GoDominique
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:09 PM
His thread are so boring and stupid
I want to complain the moderators "Wojtek". :shout:

Elske
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:12 PM
I want to complain the moderators "Wojtek". :shout: truth hurts? :D

GoDominique
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:15 PM
truth hurts? :D
No, but idiocy does. :D

Hurley
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:18 PM
They will use this week rankning.

Kuznetsova will be seed 4 Demeniteva will be 5

Yes, and also, Lindsay will be 2 and Nastya 3.

GoDominique
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:26 PM
Okay I have to admit when I started this thread I wasn't thinking of Lindsay. :o

Go Linds then. :)

Wojtek
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:32 PM
I want to complain the moderators "Wojtek". :shout:First you posting threads like:

Berlin is gone, Hamburg is gone, Leipizg is gone, omg Berlin is still in calendar etc. ..... and now you have the best indoors event, just check cut off and for you it's boring. :tape: :rolleyes:

Amelie, Linsday and Russian are top players this year but for you they are boring. Just don't watch and you won't have such boring problems like i want to see big matches :cuckoo: :shrug:

GermanBoy
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:34 PM
and lindsay :)
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Lindsay will have to drive home... :angel:

GermanBoy
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:35 PM
I want to complain the moderators "Wojtek". :shout:
Relax, don`t care about this stupid person... :rolleyes:

*Karen*
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:39 PM
I never really cared that much about the indoor season. But the lineups not too bad.

pigam
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:41 PM
Dont think Linzi will be playing either :unsure: :sad: :shrug:

Shenanigans
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:42 PM
Dont think Linzi will be playing either :unsure: :sad: :shrug:

Why not? She has something to go for the No. 1 spot.

GoDominique
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:44 PM
First you posting threads like:

Berlin is gone, Hamburg is gone, Leipizg is gone, omg Berlin is still in calendar etc. ..... and now you have the best indoors event, just check cut off and for you it's boring. :tape: :rolleyes:

Amelie, Linsday and Russian are top players this year but for you they are boring. Just don't watch and you won't have such boring problems like i want to see big matches :cuckoo: :shrug:
Berlin and Hamburg are in my reach, so it really affects me when they are gone. Besides, Berlin takes place next year.
Never complained about Leipzig being gone, in fact I laughed about it, and still do.
Filderstadt being gone, that would be pretty bad, but again it wouldn't affect me personally concerning visiting tournaments.

And Filderstadt looked very promising, then Justine withdraws, then Serena and Jen withdraw with pretty lame excuses, now Kim is unlikely to play.

Yes, that's disappointing, and I'm allowed to say that.

pigam
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:50 PM
Why not? She has something to go for the No. 1 spot.
just a felling. Watch my words...
I hope she'll play, but I doubt it :shrug:

Pengwin
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:56 PM
Luckily England have a solid 3 high-class tournaments and 1 medium-class tournament every year.

Queens, Birmingham, Eastbourne and WIMBLEDON the CHAMPIONSHIP

Even though Britain has a smaller population than Germany or other countries

So :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:

GoDominique
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:56 PM
just a felling. Watch my words...
I hope she'll play, but I doubt it :shrug:
She's scheduled to appear at a press conference on Monday.

*Karen*
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:57 PM
Look at it from Lindsays point of view. Who want's to come to Europe in october? She's done the number 1 thing. I think that her chance of being #1 again slipped away at the US open.

GermanBoy
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:57 PM
Relax, don`t care about this stupid person... :rolleyes:
Wojtek, no need to bad rep me, the truth always hurts! :cool:

ace4lleykim
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:58 PM
Now that Clijsters is injured. Will she play Filderstadt next week?

GermanBoy
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:00 PM
Don`t think so...

SJW
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:06 PM
Berlin and Hamburg are in my reach, so it really affects me when they are gone. Besides, Berlin takes place next year.
Never complained about Leipzig being gone, in fact I laughed about it, and still do.
Filderstadt being gone, that would be pretty bad, but again it wouldn't affect me personally concerning visiting tournaments.

And Filderstadt looked very promising, then Justine withdraws, then Serena and Jen withdraw with pretty lame excuses, now Kim is unlikely to play.

Yes, that's disappointing, and I'm allowed to say that.

gawd sometimes you can be mildly entertaining but this is a fucktard post.

Justine withdraw cuz she's still a bit ill and you're calling a career threatening knee injury and the flu lame?

this post = :cuckoo: :fucktard:

Shenanigans
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:07 PM
Look at it from Lindsays point of view. Who want's to come to Europe in october? She's done the number 1 thing. I think that her chance of being #1 again slipped away at the US open.

If a player has a chance of getting to no. 1, they will definetely go for it even if they have been there before. The players love Filderstadt that is why it attracts a strong field, they get treated like Queens and get loads of freebies and there is also a car up for grabs.

pigam
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:12 PM

Justine withdraw cuz she's still a bit ill and you're calling a career threatening knee injury and the flu lame?

You know just as little about Justine's condition than you know about Serena's or Jen's :)

But I agree... I don't find S&J's excuses "lame"... :shrug:

ace4lleykim
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:12 PM
Let's sum up. No Justine, Clijsters, Williams Sisters, Capriati Who else?

Kacey
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:13 PM
alot of tournaments are like this....why start complaining here? the only real good ones are the grand slams most of the time.

anyway...the draw is up on wtatour.com!!!
but i cant see it cuz it fucks up my computer. can anyone else see it?

SJW
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:15 PM
You know just as little about Justine's condition than you know about Serena's or Jen's :)

But I agree... I don't find S&J's excuses "lame"... :shrug:

sweetie, i think you mean "you know less about Justine's condition than i do about Serena's or Jen's" ;)

i know whatsup with Henin....i was just trying to make a point. :)...and i wasn't calling her excuse lame, my view is they dont have to play if they don't want to :shrug:

GoDominique
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:16 PM

Thanks for the compliment. :)

As far as I remember, Serena looked fine one week ago. And you know just as well that it's not the first time she's withdrawing from indoor tournaments.
Same for Jen, who hates indoors anyway.

Maybe the excuses itself aren't lame. It's just that I don't believe them.
If that makes me a fucktard, then so be it.

GoDominique
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:17 PM
Let's sum up. No Justine, Clijsters, Williams Sisters, Capriati Who else?
Barna.

pigam
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:18 PM
sweetie, i think you mean "you know less about Justine's condition than i do about Serena's or Jen's" ;)

i know whatsup with Henin....i was just trying to make a point. :)...and i wasn't calling her excuse lame, my view is they dont have to play if they don't want to :shrug:
honey, that's not what I meant ;)
but never mind... it not the first time we have some 'communication-problems :haha: :kiss:

*BTW, do I sound too aggressive again? :unsure: ;) :p :o*

SJW
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:37 PM
honey, that's not what I meant ;)
but never mind... it not the first time we have some 'communication-problems :haha: :kiss:

*BTW, do I sound too aggressive again? :unsure: ;) :p :o*

are you telling me Serena's injury wasn't career threatening and that it's not possible Jen has the flu? :)

Oizo
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:40 PM
What is the point of your thread? If it bores no one obliges you to watch it.

pigam
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:46 PM
are you telling me Serena's injury wasn't career threatening and that it's not possible Jen has the flu? :)
no :sad:
all i meant was:
you sad 'justine is a bit ill" ==> you don't know how ill (affected by the virus she still is)
just like I/GoDom/or you for that matter, don't know how serious Jen's flu or Serena's knee injury is...
So neither of us can call neither of those injuries "lame"
Not that you called Ju's injury lame,
but by labeling her reason as 'because she's a bit ill' made me think
you though her reason was lessvalid then S or J's... and that's why I sad:
'You know just as little about Ju's condition as you (or anyone else, like Godom -I shoul have said that, in fact-) do about J or S's :)

Elldee
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:47 PM
I'm still really looking forward to it :$

I'm sure Lindsay will play, she doesn't have many points to defend in the indoor season, she has a good chance of winning and she says carpet is her best surface... seems pretty perfect to me.

Oizo
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:49 PM
If the thread bores you, no one obliges you to read it. If the thread bores me I don't need to make a thread about a boring thread. Got that?

potty
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:52 PM
Don't we have 2 of this years slam champions, and the runner up at 2 of the 4 slams! the world number 1, ex world number 1 and multi slam winner!! Does not sound like a weak field to me. Sure it could be stronger, but on this years performaces this is a strong field!!

fammmmedspin
Oct 2nd, 2004, 10:03 PM
That's only because I haven't been there yet. :p

Sorry, but I'm spoiled with Filderstadt's usual fields, and this is just not the same.
And we have several hours of coverage each day, so you want to see some BIG matches.
I don't understand this. You have the world top 4 minus Justine and two 2004 GS winners and 4/5 people with a shot at becoming number 1 by the end of the year or early next year playing effectively to decide who gets it. Kim with a dodgy wrist. Venus plain dodgy, Jen unable to win anything and Serena with a dodgy knee if she is to be believed were hardly likely to make much difference anyway.

GoDominique
Oct 2nd, 2004, 10:13 PM
The rankings don't mean that much to me.
Amelie's current game doesn't appeal to me, I think it's boring.
Nastya is in a slump, and I wouldn't be surprised if she tanks.

I'm looking forward to see Lindsay and Sveta, but that's more or less it.
Not really a fan of most of the Russians, and with 0/4 out of WS and Belgians (when it looked to be 3/4 just a few days ago) is pretty disappointing.

Yeah, it won't be total bores, but it won't be as great as in previous years, at least to me.

harloo
Oct 2nd, 2004, 10:22 PM
Their are too many Russians in the top 10. Alot of folks said that WX2, and the Belgian domination was boring, well the Russians all in the top 10 is even more boring if you asked me.

However they have performed the best this year, so if the other girls are injured or cannot defeat them then I guess we are stuck. :o

fammmmedspin
Oct 2nd, 2004, 10:37 PM
The rankings don't mean that much to me.
Amelie's current game doesn't appeal to me, I think it's boring.
Nastya is in a slump, and I wouldn't be surprised if she tanks.

I'm looking forward to see Lindsay and Sveta, but that's more or less it.
Not really a fan of most of the Russians, and with 0/4 out of WS and Belgians (when it looked to be 3/4 just a few days ago) is pretty disappointing.

Yeah, it won't be total bores, but it won't be as great as in previous years, at least to me.If you remember past Filderstadts you rarely have more than a few top players there playing well - remember Anke Huber's runs to the title. It just needs one player on a roll. Its also got a lot of importance behind it this year with number 1, the last 2 YEC places and Russian number 1 all on the line over the next few weeks.

Not sure either why people lump the Russians together. They all play very diffeent tennis. If you thought (albeit imprecisely) of Vera as Martina H 2B, Sveta as Steffi 2A, Elena as Graf 2B (with Sabatini's serve speed), Maria as Venus 2 and Nastya as Martina 2A it might help . Add Lindsay as Lindsay and Momo playing anyone else you want (Jana, ASV) you can quite easily forget where they all come from and relive any tournament between 1990 and 2000.

Pengwin
Oct 2nd, 2004, 10:43 PM
Not sure either why people lump the Russians together. They all play very diffeent tennis. If you thought (albeit imprecisely) of Vera as Martina H 2B, Sveta as Steffi 2A, Elena as Graf 2B (with Sabatini's serve speed), Maria as Venus 2 and Nastya as Martina 2A it might help . Add Lindsay as Lindsay and Momo playing anyone else you want (Jana, ASV) you can quite easily forget where they all come from and relive any tournament between 1990 and 2000.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hayato
Oct 2nd, 2004, 10:45 PM
FILDERSTADT = BORES

GoDominique, i understand why you think its boring. i agree with you, the Russians are dominating everything, i like to see some variety.

Elldee
Oct 2nd, 2004, 10:56 PM
I think you should think of the russians as individuals, why does their country matter? They're not talking, their playing tennis. Individually.

Crazy_Fool
Oct 2nd, 2004, 11:08 PM
I think you should think of the russians as individuals, why does their country matter? They're not talking, their playing tennis. Individually.
Exactly. When you say Russians dominating, which particular Russian are you talking about? Last time I checked, none were dominating :o

vettipooh
Oct 2nd, 2004, 11:15 PM
GoDominique, i understand why you think its boring. i agree with you, the Russians are dominating everything, i like to see some variety.So true.Not much variety in the top 8 seeds at Filderstadt...its going to look like the russians invaded Germany.Too bad that so far, all but one of the german qualifiers lost in the 1st round,and only two were awarded wc. look for another possible all russian final.

Elldee
Oct 2nd, 2004, 11:40 PM
No way, there's gonna be an american in the final! Go Lindsay!!

lizchris
Oct 2nd, 2004, 11:47 PM

1. Mauresmo FRA
2. Myskina RUS
3. Davenport USA
4. Dementieva RUS
5. Kuznetsova RUS
6. Zvonareva RUS
7. Petrova RUS
8. Sugiyama JPN

If Venus had decided to play here, then she would have been seeded 7th.

Shenanigans
Oct 2nd, 2004, 11:50 PM
If Venus had decided to play here, then she would have been seeded 7th.

:lol: lizchris, any opportunity to mention Venus.

Crazy_Fool
Oct 2nd, 2004, 11:54 PM
:lol: lizchris, any opportunity to mention Venus.
I was wondering what that had to do with anything :confused:

Chunchun
Oct 3rd, 2004, 01:25 AM
Don't find the russians are boring :rolleyes:

LenaD = :yeah: :drool:

vettipooh
Oct 3rd, 2004, 01:29 AM
No way, there's gonna be an american in the final! Go Lindsay!!I hope so too, but Lindsay is going to have to get past a number of them, if not back to back.....quarters, semis, and finals,probably.

fabifan#1
Oct 3rd, 2004, 01:31 AM
maybe the qualifing draw is more interesting

Junex
Oct 3rd, 2004, 02:06 AM
I hope so too, but Lindsay is going to have to get past a number of them, if not back to back.....quarters, semis, and finals,probably.

Lindsay can actually had a "Serena @Beijing ", defeating russian opponents all the way to the title!

Eventually Lindsay can steal from Serena the title "russian Slayer" :p

Shenanigans
Oct 3rd, 2004, 02:15 AM
Lindsay can actually had a "Serena @Beijing ", defeating russian opponents all the way to the title!

Eventually Lindsay can steal from Serena the title "russian Slayer" :p

There is also a very good French player who has a good record against the Russians players :p

Andrew.
Oct 3rd, 2004, 02:21 AM
Look at it from Lindsays point of view. Who want's to come to Europe in october? She's done the number 1 thing. I think that her chance of being #1 again slipped away at the US open. No, it didn't. Look at the rankings. Her playing mediocre tennis for the rest of the year would get her to #1.

Lindsay will show up. Her game is made for indoors. Though she says that hardcourts are her best surface, I have always believe that her best is indoors.

She should do well here if she is mentally prepared.

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 3rd, 2004, 03:11 AM
Those Russian girls are all clones of each other. I mean, Nastya and Masha even look identical. Few of us can tell them apart, right? ;)

Hayato
Oct 3rd, 2004, 03:15 AM
Wouldn't it be nice to see some Chinese or African or South American players come through? I mean, there are a few around, but it would be soo nice to see them reach the top!

Andrew.
Oct 3rd, 2004, 03:17 AM
Cara Black is into the second round of qualies. There's your African success.

Emptiness
Oct 3rd, 2004, 03:52 AM
Those Russian girls are all clones of each other. I mean, Nastya and Masha even look identical. Few of us can tell them apart, right? ;)I know right? Those damn communist robots.

LucasArg
Oct 3rd, 2004, 07:53 AM
I am dissapointed with Serena and Jennifer withdrawls, now Kim withdrew too, so I am hoping Lindsay can win this tournament! I don't like to watch Dementieva, Mauresmo, Myskina playing at all.

Shenanigans
Oct 3rd, 2004, 08:17 AM
I am dissapointed with Serena and Jennifer withdrawls, now Kim withdrew too, so I am hoping Lindsay can win this tournament! I don't like to watch Dementieva, Mauresmo, Myskina playing at all.

I like watching paint dry too!! :)

CooCooCachoo
Oct 3rd, 2004, 08:30 AM
No, but idiocy does. :D

Maybe you should stop hurting yourself? :rolleyes: J/k :tape:

CooCooCachoo
Oct 3rd, 2004, 08:31 AM
Luckily England have a solid 3 high-class tournaments and 1 medium-class tournament every year.

Queens, Birmingham, Eastbourne and WIMBLEDON the CHAMPIONSHIP

Even though Britain has a smaller population than Germany or other countries

So :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:

You are forgetting Nottingham :rolleyes:

CooCooCachoo
Oct 3rd, 2004, 08:32 AM
Barna.

:lol:

CooCooCachoo
Oct 3rd, 2004, 08:35 AM
maybe the qualifing draw is more interesting

The funny thing is, considering the players I like, that that is the case for me :)

CooCooCachoo
Oct 3rd, 2004, 08:35 AM
Wouldn't it be nice to see some Chinese or African or South American players come through? I mean, there are a few around, but it would be soo nice to see them reach the top!

Rossana Neffa-De Los Rios? :rolleyes:

switz
Oct 3rd, 2004, 01:51 PM
patty was almost seeded.

it's all nadia's fault for playing well at the US Open. actually it's all silvia's fault because she should have beaten nadia in R3. bah

Princess Fiona
Oct 3rd, 2004, 04:50 PM
If you remember past Filderstadts you rarely have more than a few top players there playing well - remember Anke Huber's runs to the title. It just needs one player on a roll. Its also got a lot of importance behind it this year with number 1, the last 2 YEC places and Russian number 1 all on the line over the next few weeks.
Oh I remember that... :hearts: Anke winning Filderstadt in 1991!! I became a real tennis fan after that tournament (I upgraded from 'casual' I guess ;) ) and Anke was my favourite until her retirement...

I've always loved Filderstadt after this - it's definitely my favourite tournament outside of the Slams. I remember not being able to see it for a few years because I could not watch German TV any more - grrr!! I hope it will be on Eurosport next week... (I thiiiink it is... *hoping I'm not wrong* :o ;) )

Anyway, GoDominique, I'm sorry you are not happy with the Filderstadt line-up this year - I hope you'll see some good matches and you'll be happy after all... :)