PDA

View Full Version : Kim retires from match...

Mase
Oct 2nd, 2004, 06:36 PM
Get well soon Kim!!! http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/sad.gifhttp://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/sad.gif

skanky~skanketta
Oct 2nd, 2004, 06:37 PM
oh god no!

Dava
Oct 2nd, 2004, 06:37 PM
Kim :sad:
Whats the problem?It better not be the wrist is gone funky again

Justeenium
Oct 2nd, 2004, 06:38 PM
kimmy :sad: get well soon and kick the WS butts

kabuki
Oct 2nd, 2004, 06:41 PM
:sad:

novotnaquinton
Oct 2nd, 2004, 06:43 PM
get well soon baby!

vettipooh
Oct 2nd, 2004, 06:47 PM
kimmy :sad: get well soon and kick the WS buttsAh, c'mon Slazenger, couldn't u just say "get well soon" without the "kicking the WS butts", part????:( After all, when she is well, there's a whole lot of butt she's going to have to kick to get back on top. WS are the least of her problems, right now. Be nice!!!! ;) Another blow for Filderstalt.

Justeenium
Oct 2nd, 2004, 06:49 PM
yes but vettipooh, kim needs to get well and get over that hump. last year she was something like 80-4 against players other than Justine, vee and ree, and some of those four losses she should have won anyways

Chrissie-fan
Oct 2nd, 2004, 06:50 PM
Get well soon Kimmie. Let's hope that there's no need for another operation.

Shenanigans
Oct 2nd, 2004, 06:52 PM
Poor Kim, get well soon.

thelittlestelf
Oct 2nd, 2004, 06:52 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

LostGlory
Oct 2nd, 2004, 06:54 PM
anyone knows what is her injury? is it the wrist?

bandabou
Oct 2nd, 2004, 06:56 PM
Get well Kim....I think the smart thing is just to call this year off...

Yasmine
Oct 2nd, 2004, 06:58 PM
I am speechless :tape:... Kimmie get better soon! http://smileys.******************/cat/4/4_9_7.gif

Ting
Oct 2nd, 2004, 06:58 PM
WTF!!! Oh nooooooo:sad:

englishjenfan
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:09 PM
Poor Kim! Get better soon!
*Emily*

-Ph51-
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:09 PM
Belgian TV says it's her wrist again!
After 7 games she already asked for treatment and gave up at 6-4 2-2 in favour of Bovina :(

bandabou
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:17 PM
I guess we´ll have to just wait till 2005 for hopefully having everybody healthy again.

vettipooh
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:22 PM
yes but vettipooh, kim needs to get well and get over that hump. last year she was something like 80-4 against players other than Justine, vee and ree, and some of those four losses she should have won anyways True, true, true!!! But cut my girls a little slack.;)

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:25 PM
in hindsight, she should have taken the rest of yr off and not played here
it would have given her an Injury rank and maybe a special seed rank.

now she isnt eligible for one until April 2005

GoDominique
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:29 PM
Maybe Kim was too 'nice' again. She probably knew that the tournament relied on her, so she didn't want to say no.

Or, she felt healed, and it's just rotten luck.

Dawn Marie
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:29 PM
Kim's problem is she has the Hingis syndorme. She plays too munch. Imho I bet her wrist was not even 100% when she came back. With her being injury prone now, it will get harder for Kim to get her level of tennis back as the WTA Tour is gettting powerful fast.

I say take the year off and rest the wrist.

Get Well soon Kim. Giver your wrist time to heal at 100%.

Brαm
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:32 PM
Kim only played because this was Hasselt...

She should take the rest of the season off even if this means dropping out of the top-10 or even top-20 :(

Hagar
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:46 PM

She should take the rest of the season off even if this means dropping out of the top-10 or even top-20 :(
Oh please stop all this speculating.
Playing the US Open was already a possibility, she did somewhere say that she did not want to play the US Open because she wanted to give the wrist more time.
And also stop nagging about how much she played. That was last year. This year she did not play a lot.

Brαm
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:47 PM
And also stop nagging about how much she played. That was last year. This year she did not play a lot.

Don't put words in my mouth ok?
I never talked about the number of matches Kim's played.

fleemke³
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:48 PM
Kim :eek: :sad: Omg I'm glad I'm not working today because the atmosphere would be like hell there ...

Well don't if she was ready or not and if she played because it was Hasselt ... but Bob and co were expecting a lot from Kim and the tournament depended on Kim ... that's for sure! Anyway this is sad!

GoDominique
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:51 PM

She should take the rest of the season off even if this means dropping out of the top-10 or even top-20 :(With her current points she would be ranked around 20 at the beginning of 2005.

fleemke³
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:00 PM
GET THE HELL OUT OF THIS THREAD, YOU PHLEGM!!!
1. this is GM
2. there's nothing in the title that says I can't come in
3. :kiss:

ace4lleykim
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:04 PM
Not neccessary to take the whole damn yr off, just the end of this yr is quite enough. You're right Haagar, there was a possibility that she was gonna play the USO, then that must mean that wrist was quite heal during the USO.

Brαm
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:10 PM
'Kim heeft een déjà vu-gevoel' 02-10-2004

De polsblessure van Kim Clijsters is nog geen verleden tijd. De Limburgse kreeg opnieuw last bij een return op de service van Bovina en moest wat later opgeven.

"Het is nog niet duidelijk wat er juist aan de hand is," aldus Marc Dehous, de trainer van Kim Clijsters. "Mogelijk heeft haar pees het opnieuw begeven. We gaan straks nog naar het ziekenhuis voor verder onderzoek."

"Tijdens de twee andere wedstrijden ondervond Kim nochtans geen hinder meer van haar polsblessure, maar vandaag kreeg ze een pijnscheut toen ze een opslag van Bovina retourneerde. Het ziet er niet naar uit dat ze dit jaar nog in actie zal komen."

www.gazdefrancestars.be

Kim suddenly felt pain in her wrist when she returned one of Bovina's serves. She's going to a hospital tonight. It doesn't look like Kim will be back this year.

jenny161185
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:11 PM
pity now she isn t eligable for the injury ranking :( I think the WTA should make an exception and give her the special ranking

fleemke³
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:14 PM
http://www.sport.be//nl/images/2004/oktober/kimpols.jpg

http://www.sport.be//nl/images/2004/oktober/covergaz.jpg
:sad:

(btw this doc is Lisa :D nice woman :))

and some nice words from Elena (and I can confirm she's one of the nicest girls that were in Hasselt this week :cool: )

'Pity Kim had to end here' 02-10-2004 Elena Bovina was happy with her place in the final, but at the same time felt sorry for Kim Clijsters.

"I wasn't very satisfied with the end of the match and I prefer winning in a normal way," Elena Bovina said after her victory. "I really feel sorry for Kim. I know what it feels like to be hindered by an injury for so long and I hope she will be back soon."

"At first, I didn't exactly notice that something was wrong. When she asked for the medical time-out, I thought of possible strained hamstrings. It soon was clear it was the wrist again. Still, I was surprised she stopped the match at 2-2 in the second set."

Bovina will play the final on Sunday against her fellow- Russian Elena Dementieva: "I have been training with her this week and she is in good shape. We both love a fast court, so I believe the match can end both ways," Bovina decided.

Christophe Declercq

ace4lleykim
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:16 PM
Thanks Fleemke for the news. So no affirmation until tomorrow.

Brαm
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:17 PM
http://www.sportnetwork.net/mainadmin/img/1331096746807.jpg

Oh my God Kimmy :sad: :sad: :sad:

The Guilty
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:20 PM
Kimmy :sad: :sad: :sad: I guess I should start to get used to my faves being permanently injured :rolleyes: :sad:

pigam
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:21 PM
This is really really sad...
Not ven a philistine like me wishes this to Kim,
If you see her like that :eek: :sad:!!

Come on, don't give up, just R-e-s-t!

GoDominique
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:24 PM
These pics are awful :( :crying2:

Elke
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:27 PM
Kim's going to Genk this night, to get some scans and other examinations.

And Kim's injury WAS HEALED, otherwise she wouldn't have played....

Crazy_Fool
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:30 PM
Oh, i feel sad :sad:

bandabou
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:42 PM
Wow...it might be possible, because she didn´t face a hard-server like Bovina all tournament. This is sad!

Belgium = Best
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:48 PM
Kim :sad:

ans
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:57 PM
Don't wanne be dramatic, but Marc Dehous even said "if her carreer is over now? We have to wait the results in fear.":sad:

ace4lleykim
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:58 PM
Omg, that's the worse pic I've seen of Kim, never see her sad like that. :sad:
And ans, thanks for the quote, but it's too horrible. :eek: How can Marc said that?

ans
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:06 PM
Omg, that's the worse pic I've seen of Kim, never see her sad like that. :sad:
And ans, thanks for the quote, but it's too horrible. :eek: How can Marc said that?
It was on Belgian teletext. It's not the exact quote, but it's almost what he said. It's depressing, isn't it.:(

Elske
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:09 PM
"Of dit het einde van haar carriere kan zijn? als de artsen zeggen dat het niet meer te opereren is, weet ik niet wat we nog kunnen doen. Rusten zal niet genoeg zijn. We moeten bang afwachten."

aaaaaaaaaargh! :( :sad:

bandabou
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:09 PM
Wow?! Really?! The coach actually said that.....must be really bad. Hopefully not!

Shenanigans
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:11 PM
"As things stand, I do not see her playing anymore this year," said Clijsters' coach Marc Dehous.

That is such a shame.

GoDominique
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:16 PM
"Of dit het einde van haar carriere kan zijn? als de artsen zeggen dat het niet meer te opereren is, weet ik niet wat we nog kunnen doen. Rusten zal niet genoeg zijn. We moeten bang afwachten."

This time I regret to be able to understand what that means. :( :(

harloo
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:16 PM
Oh Kim, This is so sad. Why does this have to happen to someone so nice? I just cannot believe this is happening again.:sad:

Avid Merrion
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:20 PM
:sad: poor Kim :hug: get well soon!

nicky
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:22 PM

"whether this could be the end of her career? If the doctors say it is inoperable, I do not know what els we can do. Rest won't be enough. We'll have to wait anxiously"

:sad: :sobbing: :crying2:

foreva lindsay
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:32 PM
ooo kim..this is so sad :sobbing:

Elske
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:42 PM
Kim doesn't need another surgery *phew*

Wimanna
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:42 PM
Latest on VRT news: No operation needed :)

eddy
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:46 PM
while I appreciate the 43 bonus points and quick trip to the final to see another 6-1 6-1-ish drubbing of Dementieva, Kim really needs to be smarter with this injury.

you don't play around with wrist injuries. i have ruptured my achilles, broken my foot, and broke a tiny bone in my wrist while playing tennis. the wrist injury was by far the worst to deal with, i coud not play again for nearly 6 months. you simply DO NOT play tennis unless your wrist is 100% healed and it obviously was not because Kim was complaining about it before the tournament

arn
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:58 PM
I was there, it was no surprise to me she stopped playing! Suddenly she started to slice the ball consistently and a bit later she asked a medical time-out. When I saw it was her wrist again I allready thought the worst. She kept on playing and even won all her service games by turning around her backhand and attacking with her forehand. Everytime she had to return in the backhand she moonballed the ball back in court. Not surprisingly, she was very dissappointed to retire the match :sad: :sad: :sad:

gmak
Oct 2nd, 2004, 10:05 PM
oh god these pics are so depressing :(

:sad: :sobbing: :bigcry:
this is so unfair :crying2:

get well soon kim :hug: we believe in you

Lady
Oct 2nd, 2004, 10:09 PM
So sad pictures! :sad:
Horrible! :sad:

tfannis
Oct 2nd, 2004, 10:09 PM
No surgery needed, phew. And Marc Dehous said once again that doctors, kinesists and he himself were certain her wrist was healed, so stop speculating whether she started too soon or not. You can't possible know, and it seems nobody can. How do you or your doctor know your wrist can survive a hard serve? That's something you can't practice while rehabilitating. Sometimes you just have bad luck and make that one wrong move and it's all over again :sad:

Shuji Shuriken
Oct 2nd, 2004, 10:12 PM
Kimiko :sad: :sad:. This is so sad for tennis :sad:. Tennis needs all its stars healthy. What awful, rotten luck :sad:. Get well soon love :hearts: :kiss: :sad:.

Andrew.
Oct 2nd, 2004, 10:15 PM
while I appreciate the 43 bonus points and quick trip to the final to see another 6-1 6-1-ish drubbing of Dementieva, Kim really needs to be smarter with this injury.

you don't play around with wrist injuries. i have ruptured my achilles, broken my foot, and broke a tiny bone in my wrist while playing tennis. the wrist injury was by far the worst to deal with, i coud not play again for nearly 6 months. you simply DO NOT play tennis unless your wrist is 100% healed and it obviously was not because Kim was complaining about it before the tournament I agree. Kim needs to seriously take a while to really let this shit go away.

Crazy_Fool
Oct 2nd, 2004, 10:22 PM
Yeah, do not come back this year. Its really not worth it, I feel so bad for her, hope everything is alright.

CJ07
Oct 2nd, 2004, 10:23 PM
Poor Kim. I wish her a speedy recovery

bandabou
Oct 2nd, 2004, 10:44 PM
But it is still worrisome....this time it was another infection and another muscle in the wrist....this coming from already a surgery, doesn´t give Kim any confidence.

beauty_is_pink
Oct 2nd, 2004, 10:53 PM
noooooooooo!!!!!!!!! omg nooooooooo! no! no! NOOO!!!! :bigcry:

Rub
Oct 3rd, 2004, 04:45 AM
unbelievable... poor kimmie... i hate this season!

LucasArg
Oct 3rd, 2004, 06:47 AM
What an awful situation for Kim in that match, once again visiting doctors etc ..... I hope she recovers very soon.

sabandborg
Oct 3rd, 2004, 06:55 AM
Get well soon Kim!

The tour is much better with honest decent (non lying cheating Justine type characters) players like you!

Yasmine
Oct 3rd, 2004, 06:58 AM
Yeah, do not come back this year. Its really not worth it, I feel so bad for her, hope everything is alright.
Yes well she's not coming back this year according to her coach...
If anyone wants more details about what's exactly happening http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?p=4260644#post4260644...
it's very sad! :bigcry:

Yasmine
Oct 3rd, 2004, 07:00 AM
Get well soon Kim!

The tour is much better with honest decent (non lying cheating Justine type characters) players like you!

I am not a fan of juju, but do you really think it's the right time to look for fights between fans now??? :fiery:

sabandborg
Oct 3rd, 2004, 07:12 AM
I am not a fan of juju, but do you really think it's the right time to look for fights between fans now??? :fiery:

Always the right time for the truth.

Kim will do it. BELIEVE!

Yasmine
Oct 3rd, 2004, 07:15 AM
Always the right time for the truth.
Kim will do it. BELIEVE!
As a huge fan of her I hope she will too :angel: ... But what has juju got to do with that??? :confused:

sabandborg
Oct 3rd, 2004, 07:27 AM
As a huge fan of her I hope she will too :angel: ... But what has juju got to do with that??? :confused:

"Juju" is related to Kim by nationality. Two players from the same nation one(KIM) espouses virtue, the other wears a different hat. Its naive to think their careers are unrelated. Fate has set the dynamic in motion. I just get to pick my champion.

sabandborg
Oct 3rd, 2004, 07:49 AM
Yes...Juju will have to smash someone else in GS finals.

They are related by clasical winner-loser relationship.

aye.

thus far.
But I'll continue to root for the virtuous. You have obviously chosen a different path.

sabandborg
Oct 3rd, 2004, 08:10 AM
Their rivalry is over.

I'll await more reliable sources as to the state of their rivilary. Not that I can't understand your transparent dreams, but Kim is still a player, the story has not YET unfolded.

Shenanigans
Oct 3rd, 2004, 08:13 AM
I'll await more reliable sources as to the state of their rivilary. Not that I can't understand your transparent dreams, but Kim is still a player, the story has not YET unfolded.

In fact the story could only be beginning, they are still very young.

Daniel
Oct 3rd, 2004, 08:59 AM
Kim :sad: get well soon :hug:

Sarah<Kim-fan>
Oct 3rd, 2004, 09:33 AM
:sad::bigcry:
just happy it's not the same injury, that might have meant the end of her career...
COME BACK BETTER THEN EVER KIM!!!! :worship:

Tenisci
Oct 3rd, 2004, 09:36 AM
Get Well Soon Please

Slumpsova
Oct 3rd, 2004, 10:29 AM
http://www.sportnetwork.net/mainadmin/img/1331096746807.jpg

Oh my God Kimmy :sad: :sad: :sad:
OMG did she cry?

'cos i'm gonna crying right now after see this pic :sad: .

daniela86
Oct 3rd, 2004, 11:14 AM
Heartbreaking pic , poor Kimmie!! :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: I HAVE NO WORDS TO SAY HOW MUCH I AM SORRY FOR HER! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

azmad_88
Oct 3rd, 2004, 11:33 AM
omg..why is there need to be a fight here to
juju fans vs kims fan
at least kim came to play in her home country tournament
but pity her
she did 4 her fans
i am going to cry if i see that pic
u r the best kim
u played well 4 ur country
u r proud of ur country
and u r the best player to me
i will always love u
and support u
good luck to u kim
come back strong

vettipooh
Oct 3rd, 2004, 01:21 PM
Oh, ok...But my dreams are that all players are healthy and able to compete.

But I'm not like some WS fans who thought last year that everything will be the same when their favs return to competition. Just had to mention the WS, huh?;)