PDA

View Full Version : Sharapova def Kremer 6-0 6-2, into Korea final!!!

Lemonskin.
Oct 2nd, 2004, 06:06 AM
YEAH!!! It was an absolutely awesome performance from Maria. Completely outclassed Kremer. She got a little excited at 6-0 4-0 and let Kremer break serve than hold her own serve, but recovered well and finished awesomely.

Had she not had that 2 game lapse in concentration, it could have easily been a double bagel. Kremer was lucky.

Maria served:

59% 1st serves in
5 aces
0 DF's :eek:

ONTO THE FINAL!!!!

Seriously, in this sort of form, she'll be a great shot at the Japan title, too

gary
Oct 2nd, 2004, 06:10 AM
Masha :yeah: :D

take this title Masha!! :banana:

Lemonskin.
Oct 2nd, 2004, 06:14 AM
Honestly... for all but those two games she lost, she would have given almost anyone out there a run for their money.

Andy.
Oct 2nd, 2004, 06:23 AM
Yay good work Masha, she really is in great form. Woo Hoo

CooCooCachoo
Oct 2nd, 2004, 06:25 AM
Anne :crying2: But a semi final performance is good for your ranking :hug:

Dan23
Oct 2nd, 2004, 06:28 AM
Very good match Maria :D
A big match coming up tomorrow..

Lemonskin.
Oct 2nd, 2004, 06:29 AM
Anne :crying2: But a semi final performance is good for your ranking :hug:
Anne did OK I guess... She WAS completely outclassed by Masha but she had to be there of thereabouts to take advantage of Masha's little concentration slip which she did well.

But for the rest of the game there was only one player on the court. Only one game went to deuce the whole time (Anne's serve, which Maria broke)

Andy.
Oct 2nd, 2004, 06:37 AM
What a dominant performance, when she is on she can tangle with anyone

zongxuan
Oct 2nd, 2004, 06:52 AM
Masha :yeah: :D

take this title Masha!! :banana:

I think it's not a difficulty thing for her!!! I believe

Dymension
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:04 AM
Anne :(

Drimal
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:06 AM
Anne :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

0:6 2:6 :mad: :fiery:

Jackson.
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:09 AM
Masha :D :D :D

Good luck against Marta :wavey:

Chunchun
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:13 AM
Masha :D :banana:

Mattographer
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:19 AM
Anne! :sad: That oinky-oinky girl should don't have been here in Seoul! :rolleyes:

Tennisfan-Mtl
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:29 AM
Anne :o :o

Lemonskin.
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:39 AM
Hay Anne fans you shouldn't be too depressed... Maria was just really on top of her game today. She played the best Ive seen her play on hardcourts. There was nothing much AK could do about her.

dylan24
Oct 2nd, 2004, 10:31 AM
i don't like maria's new outfit.
she is covering up!
why?
if anything she should wear less clothing not more
cmon maria
show your body off
don't cover it up

VeraNuVirgosFan
Oct 2nd, 2004, 11:14 AM
Good luck, Masha!!

Lemonskin.
Oct 2nd, 2004, 11:43 AM
she is covering up!
why?
cmon maria
show your body off
don't cover it up
I think it was because IT WAS FREAKING FREEZING THERE

bandabou
Oct 2nd, 2004, 12:38 PM
Yay Maria.....now if only she could have played this well last week...

kabuki
Oct 2nd, 2004, 12:50 PM
Cur Prv Name/Country Rank Pts Qual Pts Tours
113 (115) KREMER, ANNE LUX 317.00 111.00 22

Woo hoo.

Daniel
Oct 2nd, 2004, 01:34 PM
Maria :)

harloo
Oct 2nd, 2004, 03:49 PM
cmon now, she has to play Kremer to get to the final. This match was a given from the start.

bandabou
Oct 2nd, 2004, 03:56 PM
Funny how some fans said Serena-fans shouldn´t celebrate her win in China because it´s just a weak tier II....one week further and what do we find?! interesting...

goldenlox
Oct 2nd, 2004, 03:58 PM
Serena beat the US Open champion in Beijing, who had just buried Maria 2&2.
This is a much, much, MUCH weaker field.

G_Slammed
Oct 2nd, 2004, 04:03 PM
cmon now, she has to play Kremer to get to the final. This match was a given from the start.
A given?

It was a walkover.

Frank
Oct 2nd, 2004, 04:06 PM
Funny how some fans said Serena-fans shouldn´t celebrate her win in China because it´s just a weak tier II....one week further and what do we find?! interesting... :lol:Oh come on! Who said that? Why shouldn't you celebrate a Tier II victory?

Every tournament victory is worth a celebration...

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Oct 2nd, 2004, 04:35 PM
Hay Anne fans you shouldn't be too depressed... Maria was just really on top of her game today. She played the best Ive seen her play on hardcourts. There was nothing much AK could do about her.
It is not about that.... but it is about that Maria is a better tennis player than kremer.... and laso Kremer already had beaten Maria before... so we can call it eve now!:)

DevilishAttitude
Oct 2nd, 2004, 04:36 PM
ANNE :sad:

bandabou
Oct 2nd, 2004, 04:45 PM
:lol:Oh come on! Who said that? Why shouldn't you celebrate a Tier II victory?

Every tournament victory is worth a celebration...

Frank...vriend, sometimes you won´t believe your eyes...the thing you read by some fans here. Go back...and you´ll see that point being made many times in the threads.

Frank
Oct 2nd, 2004, 04:51 PM
Frank...vriend, sometimes you won´t believe your eyes...the thing you read by some fans here. Go back...and you´ll see that point being made many times in the threads. Oh well...If you say so...I believe you...

But I sure hope these "fans" that said Serena shouldn't celebrate her Tier II victory are now celebrating Maria's place in the final! :eek:

franny
Oct 2nd, 2004, 05:16 PM
Funny how some fans said Serena-fans shouldn´t celebrate her win in China because it´s just a weak tier II....one week further and what do we find?! interesting...
Even though I'm a Sharapova fan, I kinda agree with Bandabou here. People here are forgetting that Sharapova isn't playing against the higher quality opponents here. People act as if she's playing like the number 1 player in the world and crushing top ten players, when she's really just doing what she's supposed to do. She's supposed to be beating these top 100 players easily, and that's what she's doing, and I'm proud of her. I so wish that she wont fuck up tomorrow and lose or something, but people's gotta remember, she isn't playing the best in the world, so you can't compare her qualityof play this week to like last week.

daniela86
Oct 2nd, 2004, 05:25 PM
Even though I'm a Sharapova fan, I kinda agree with Bandabou here. People here are forgetting that Sharapova isn't playing against the higher quality opponents here. People act as if she's playing like the number 1 player in the world and crushing top ten players, when she's really just doing what she's supposed to do. She's supposed to be beating these top 100 players easily, and that's what she's doing, and I'm proud of her. I so wish that she wont fuck up tomorrow and lose or something, but people's gotta remember, she isn't playing the best in the world, so you can't compare her qualityof play this week to like last week.

i agree 100% :bounce: :yeah:

bmxbandit
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:38 PM
she is covering up!
why?
cmon maria
show your body off
don't cover it up
Like she has something to cover up :tape: :eek:

I Love Sharapova
Oct 2nd, 2004, 11:47 PM
:eek: Wow, Maria crushed her like a bug!!! :lol: Go MARIA!!!!!

callado
Oct 3rd, 2004, 01:21 AM
WOW, Sharapova crushed a player ranked outside of the top 100....
Impressive, especially considering what a giant killer Kremer is....
Sharapova truly must be one of the best 100 players in the world....

Lemonskin.
Oct 3rd, 2004, 01:47 AM
Some people don't get it. It wasn't just the fact that she crushed Kremer, but the fact that she was in cracking form. She could have been off-form and won 6-4 6-4 or even gone to 3 sets, but she was in killer form and destroyed Kremer.

Shane54
Oct 3rd, 2004, 02:10 AM
Good luck Maria!

I Love Sharapova
Oct 3rd, 2004, 04:48 AM
Some people don't get it. It wasn't just the fact that she crushed Kremer, but the fact that she was in cracking form. She could have been off-form and won 6-4 6-4 or even gone to 3 sets, but she was in killer form and destroyed Kremer.
Lemon,some people will knock Sharapova no matter what she does. I love her,but some do not. :mad: Anyway,Sharapova had a good performance today.Let's just hope she continues playing to her strengths.

eddy
Oct 3rd, 2004, 05:44 AM
the fact is that she beat a player outside the top 100 and NOBODY CARES what the score was or anything about it

bandabou
Oct 3rd, 2004, 06:20 AM
the fact is that she beat a player outside the top 100 and NOBODY CARES what the score was or anything about it

Bottom line.

Frank
Oct 3rd, 2004, 01:16 PM
the fact is that she beat a player outside the top 100 and NOBODY CARES what the score was or anything about it Still not much of a Sharapova fan, are you? Hmmm? :p

bandabou
Oct 3rd, 2004, 01:23 PM
:haha: :rolls: and then the talk of last week is that Serena shouldn´t get cocky and thing that she´s back just because she the no.5 player and current u.s.open champion....

Now we´re getting happy and say Masha´s back because she beat a no.100 player 6-1 6-1?! Interesting...

vettipooh
Oct 3rd, 2004, 01:40 PM
the fact is that she beat a player outside the top 100 and NOBODY CARES what the score was or anything about itExcept the people who paid her that 200,000 bucks to show up.:tape:

Frank
Oct 3rd, 2004, 01:44 PM
:haha: :rolls: and then the talk of last week is that Serena shouldn´t get cocky and thing that she´s back just because she the no.5 player and current u.s.open champion....

Now we´re getting happy and say Masha´s back because she beat a no.100 player 6-1 6-1?! Interesting... I don't really get your post...Serena shouldn't get cocky and that's she's back because she's the no.5 player and current US Open champion? :confused:

Did I miss something?

bandabou
Oct 3rd, 2004, 01:47 PM
I don't really get your post...Serena shouldn't get cocky and that's she's back because she's the no.5 player and current US Open champion? :confused:

Did I miss something?
My bad: because she BEAT the u.s.open champion...

Frank
Oct 3rd, 2004, 01:51 PM
My bad: because she BEAT the u.s.open champion... Ah...I thought it had to be something like that.

Anyway. I'm sure there were a lot of posters celebrating Serena's victory as well...;)

bandabou
Oct 3rd, 2004, 01:54 PM
Ah...I thought it had to be something like that.

Anyway. I'm sure there were a lot of posters celebrating Serena's victory as well...;)

Yep...even against order of some posters...

Frank
Oct 3rd, 2004, 01:57 PM
Yep...even against order of some posters... I just guess being a Maria fan and Serena fan doesn't go together...If you like the one, you have to hate the other for some reason...

Although there are luckily exceptions.

bandabou
Oct 3rd, 2004, 02:12 PM
I just guess being a Maria fan and Serena fan doesn't go together...If you like the one, you have to hate the other for some reason...

Although there are luckily exceptions.

It can be....as long as the new Maria-fans don´t get carried away and start comparing them. Serena is in the just consolidating phase of her career while Maria is the only at the beginning. Serena has been there and done that.

Will Maria follow her?!

Frank
Oct 3rd, 2004, 02:20 PM
It can be....as long as the new Maria-fans don´t get carried away and start comparing them. Serena is in the just consolidating phase of her career while Maria is the only at the beginning. Serena has been there and done that.

Will Maria follow her?! Ah yes...The evil new Maria-fans...Who doesn't hate them? :p

Don't tell anyone but right now we have a thread in the Maria Sharapova forum that is about Maria growing...How remarkable it is that she grows...And people are saying, and I quote here: "Maybe her breasts will grow bigger!!!"...:scared:

Time will tell if Maria will follow her. I believe she has the talent and the mental strength...The question is how the environment will help her or work against her.

bandabou
Oct 3rd, 2004, 02:38 PM
Ah yes...The evil new Maria-fans...Who doesn't hate them? :p

Don't tell anyone but right now we have a thread in the Maria Sharapova forum that is about Maria growing...How remarkable it is that she grows...And people are saying, and I quote here: "Maybe her breasts will grow bigger!!!"...:scared:

Time will tell if Maria will follow her. I believe she has the talent and the mental strength...The question is how the environment will help her or work against her.

Really?! You guys are having those type of conversations overthere?! :eek:

I think she made a good first step, but I think money´s starting to lull her eyes.

Frank
Oct 3rd, 2004, 03:01 PM
Really?! You guys are having those type of conversations overthere?! :eek:

I think she made a good first step, but I think money´s starting to lull her eyes. Don't understand me wrong...We don't have these conversations like that there. But you can't help it when someone comes in and starts threads like that.

Anyway. I was laughing too hard to be really pissed about it. When one of your main concerns in life is whether the breasts of someone you don't know will grow bigger you definitely deserve to be laughed at. :lol:

I'll have to see about the money. A lot of activities she's involved in now were already planned before her Wimbledon win. I can't believe they (IMG, Max, Yuri) are so foolish as to spoil Maria's talent by money.

bandabou
Oct 3rd, 2004, 03:06 PM
Don't understand me wrong...We don't have these conversations like that there. But you can't help it when someone comes in and starts threads like that.

Anyway. I was laughing too hard to be really pissed about it. When one of your main concerns in life is whether the breasts of someone you don't know will grow bigger you definitely deserve to be laughed at. :lol:

I'll have to see about the money. A lot of activities she's involved in now were already planned before her Wimbledon win. I can't believe they (IMG, Max, Yuri) are so foolish as to spoil Maria's talent by money.

Must say that us Serena-fans don´t have those worries ( about her breasts that is...:lol: ;) )

We´ll see about the money aspect...but the talent is there, at least on grass...not so sold of her on the other surfaces yet.

Frank
Oct 3rd, 2004, 03:14 PM
Must say that us Serena-fans don´t have those worries ( about her breasts that is...:lol: ;) )

We´ll see about the money aspect...but the talent is there, at least on grass...not so sold of her on the other surfaces yet. I'll recommend the guy who said that about her breasts to become a Serena fan so he doesn't have to worry anymore...:haha:

She plays great on grass...I don't think clay will ever become her favourite surface but she grew up on hardcourt, it would be ridiculous if she wouldn't improve her game on hardcourt.

bandabou
Oct 3rd, 2004, 03:26 PM
I'll recommend the guy who said that about her breasts to become a Serena fan so he doesn't have to worry anymore...:haha:

She plays great on grass...I don't think clay will ever become her favourite surface but she grew up on hardcourt, it would be ridiculous if she wouldn't improve her game on hardcourt.

:lol: Because between you and me, don´t think Maria´s are gonna get any bigger :secret:

Yeah....I find it ridiculous too. I mean the difference in speed between grass and hardcourts isn´t THAT big. Clay will always be troublesome and I think rebound ace even more, but no reason why she shouldn´t do better on hardcourts. Grass is already fine.

Frank
Oct 3rd, 2004, 03:33 PM
:lol: Because between you and me, don´t think Maria´s are gonna get any bigger :secret:

Yeah....I find it ridiculous too. I mean the difference in speed between grass and hardcourts isn´t THAT big. Clay will always be troublesome and I think rebound ace even more, but no reason why she shouldn´t do better on hardcourts. Grass is already fine. Enough said today about Maria's breasts...If there's one thing I don't care about right now it's that.

I haven't seen any matches of her in Seoul but I heard she managed to get the double faults and unforced errors out of her game, which were her main concerns last summer. I have more confidence in her game right now. Winning this tournament wasn't much special of course, but playing good and feeling good are good signs. If she manages to keep that form in Japan, maybe she'll suprise us in Zürich.

bandabou
Oct 3rd, 2004, 04:07 PM
Enough said today about Maria's breasts...If there's one thing I don't care about right now it's that.

I haven't seen any matches of her in Seoul but I heard she managed to get the double faults and unforced errors out of her game, which were her main concerns last summer. I have more confidence in her game right now. Winning this tournament wasn't much special of course, but playing good and feeling good are good signs. If she manages to keep that form in Japan, maybe she'll suprise us in Zürich.

yeah...enough already. You bunch of perverts!! :lol:

That´s what I´m talking about....nice to hear having so much confidence in her game. Might well do some damage as long as she stays away from her fellow russians!! Three of her losses since Wimbledon have been to russians...

Frank
Oct 3rd, 2004, 06:11 PM
yeah...enough already. You bunch of perverts!! :lol:

That´s what I´m talking about....nice to hear having so much confidence in her game. Might well do some damage as long as she stays away from her fellow russians!! Three of her losses since Wimbledon have been to russians... Make that "that pervert"...;)

The problem is...She might be playing well this tournament but who knows what'll happen against a top player who puts some pressure on her? From what I've seen against Sveta, for example, Maria would constantly try to go for the lines but end up hitting 90% of her shots long or wide.

I think this whole Russian thing is exaggerated by the way. I don't think her opponent being Russian is the reason she loses.

bandabou
Oct 3rd, 2004, 06:20 PM
Make that "that pervert"...;)

The problem is...She might be playing well this tournament but who knows what'll happen against a top player who puts some pressure on her? From what I've seen against Sveta, for example, Maria would constantly try to go for the lines but end up hitting 90% of her shots long or wide.

I think this whole Russian thing is exaggerated by the way. I don't think her opponent being Russian is the reason she loses.

Right now it seems like anybody who can last more than three shots with her, has a shot of winning! Someone said that since wimbledon she hasn´t beaten anybody in the top 30....that´s worrysome. Top 10, understandable for now...but I think everything below that Maria should at least be competitive with.

Frank
Oct 3rd, 2004, 06:28 PM
Right now it seems like anybody who can last more than three shots with her, has a shot of winning! Someone said that since wimbledon she hasn´t beaten anybody in the top 30....that´s worrysome. Top 10, understandable for now...but I think everything below that Maria should at least be competitive with. That someone must have been goldenlox I reckon...:lol:

But she's right.

Anyway. We'll know more after Zürich.

bandabou
Oct 3rd, 2004, 06:43 PM
That someone must have been goldenlox I reckon...:lol:

But she's right.

Anyway. We'll know more after Zürich.

Yep..and I hope that she quits playing these lower tournaments next year, because this way she´s getting a lot of cheap titles without facing anybody who can come even close of making her sweat.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Oct 3rd, 2004, 06:45 PM
Of course Maria is going to look invincible when playing someone outside of the top 100. The difference in the level of play is ridiculous, even with Masha's post Wimbledon form.

IMO, playing this tournament was a waste. The massive appeareance fee was probably the only reason she decided to show up. The path of players she beat on the way to the title represented the level of a 50K challenger:rolleyes: She could win these matches when she was 14... Playing a Tier IV for any top 10 player is ridiculous, but this was an especially weak Tier IV, probably one of the weakest in tour history, which just magnified it.

But Masha wasn't the first to do this and certainly won't be the last...Monica Seles did a sweep of Tier III and IV events in Asia 2 or 3 years ago and Kim Clijsters played a weak Tier III last year when she was #1 in the world.

Frank
Oct 3rd, 2004, 06:47 PM
Yep..and I hope that she quits playing these lower tournaments next year, because this way she´s getting a lot of cheap titles without facing anybody who can come even close of making her sweat. It will all depend on how she plays in the big tournaments. If she would lose, from now on, in every first or second round of the Grand Slams and Tier I's she plays, it wouldn't be a bad idea to take a step back and start playing Tier IV's.

But being the ever optimistic fan I don't assume that will happen of course. :p

So I hope this is the last year she'll play tournaments like this.

Frank
Oct 3rd, 2004, 06:49 PM
Of course Maria is going to look invincible when playing someone outside of the top 100. The difference in the level of play is ridiculous, even with Masha's post Wimbledon form.

IMO, playing this tournament was a waste. The massive appeareance fee was probably the only reason she decided to show up. The path of players she beat on the way to the title represented the level of a 50K challenger:rolleyes: She could win these matches when she was 14... Playing a Tier IV for any top 10 player is ridiculous, but this was an especially weak Tier IV, probably one of the weakest in tour history, which just magnified it.

But Masha wasn't the first to do this and certainly won't be the last...Monica Seles did a sweep of Tier III and IV events in Asia 2 or 3 years ago and Kim Clijsters played a weak Tier III last year when she was #1 in the world. Probably all for the appearance fees...And I can't blame them. After all, they're professional tennis players who need to make a living out of this. I admit I would be pretty greedy myself as well, would I have the status of a Maria Sharapova, Kim Clijsters or Monica Seles.

Doesn't mean I like it as a fan of course.

bandabou
Oct 3rd, 2004, 06:54 PM
It will all depend on how she plays in the big tournaments. If she would lose, from now on, in every first or second round of the Grand Slams and Tier I's she plays, it wouldn't be a bad idea to take a step back and start playing Tier IV's.

But being the ever optimistic fan I don't assume that will happen of course. :p

So I hope this is the last year she'll play tournaments like this.

By next year she SHOULD be doing better at the big ticket events...not percé winning majors, but she should be a fixture in the QF´s and further at most of her events.

Frank
Oct 3rd, 2004, 06:58 PM
By next year she SHOULD be doing better at the big ticket events...not percé winning majors, but she should be a fixture in the QF´s and further at most of her events. I just read somewhere she promised to play Hansol again next year though...:o And that the tournament might be upgraded to a Tier II in 2006.

I agree. She needs to do better in Tier II's and Tier I's.

I wouldn't mind her doing well in the majors either of course. :p

bandabou
Oct 3rd, 2004, 08:49 PM
I just read somewhere she promised to play Hansol again next year though...:o And that the tournament might be upgraded to a Tier II in 2006.

I agree. She needs to do better in Tier II's and Tier I's.

I wouldn't mind her doing well in the majors either of course. :p

:haha: :rolls: No kidding....seems like it´s either grass season and then tier III´s for Maria.

Frank
Oct 3rd, 2004, 08:52 PM
:haha: :rolls: No kidding....seems like it´s either grass season and then tier III´s for Maria. At least she's so nice to please the fans. :p

And at least she won't end the year titleless. :p

So no criticism! :mad: Understood? :fiery:

:lol:

bandabou
Oct 3rd, 2004, 09:26 PM
At least she's so nice to please the fans. :p

And at least she won't end the year titleless. :p

So no criticism! :mad: Understood? :fiery:

:lol:

Criticism moi?! :scared: :crazy:

Frank
Oct 4th, 2004, 01:00 PM
Criticism moi?! :scared: :crazy: Constructive criticism is a good cause.

bandabou
Oct 4th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Constructive criticism is a good cause.
and that´s what I give....:angel:

Frank
Oct 4th, 2004, 01:45 PM
and that´s what I give....:angel: Usually.