Justine Henin is level with Amelie Mauresmo - 3-3
Amelie Mauresmo leads Jennifer Capriati - 7-4

Wow, that is poor stats :eek:

Stamp Paid
Oct 1st, 2004, 08:32 PM
Ouch

skanky~skanketta
Oct 1st, 2004, 08:35 PM
esther's gonna be pissed at this thread.

skanky~skanketta
Oct 1st, 2004, 08:36 PM
at least she's double bagelled dementieva :devil:

AnDyDog621
Oct 1st, 2004, 08:40 PM
but lost to her at the MORE important tournament

Shenanigans
Oct 1st, 2004, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by Jen'sFan
Not Mauresmo, she just loses as soon as she plays anyone decent

So you do not think Jen is a decent player, Momo beats her quite regulary

Grow up!!! :o

cheo23
Oct 1st, 2004, 08:47 PM
Kim Clijsters leads Amelie Mauresmo - 7-2
Lindsay Davenport leads Amelie Mauresmo - 8-3
Serena Williams leads Amelie Mauresmo - 7-1
Venus Williams leads Amelie Mauresmo - 5-1
Justine Henin is level with Amelie Mauresmo - 3-3
Amelie Mauresmo leads Jennifer Capriati - 7-4

Wow, that is poor stats :eek:
I think Everyone Already KNows that Amelie has a Horrible RECORD AGAinst SERENA, Kimmie, Lindsay, Venus..Well WHATEVER! Still she hasn't Won a Grand Slam & she's #1..Don't Think she'll LASt that LONG At that Spot! LOL..Poor Amelie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thelittlestelf
Oct 1st, 2004, 08:49 PM
It ain't pretty folks.

Hopefully she won't last for more than 11 weeks so Vee can not be at the bottom of the time spent at #1 anymore. No offense Amelie.

bandabou
Oct 1st, 2004, 08:53 PM
Ouch!! weak, weak, weak....at least Kim was making major finals...

Stamp Paid
Oct 1st, 2004, 08:58 PM
esther's gonna be pissed at this thread.
Yep! http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/laugh.gifhttp://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/laugh.gifhttp://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/wavey.gif

Shenanigans
Oct 1st, 2004, 08:59 PM
leads Mysinka 5-1
leads Lena D 5-4
leads Svetlana 2-0

Stamp Paid
Oct 1st, 2004, 09:00 PM

That German open waxing was pure ecstacy.http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/drool.gif

Andrew.
Oct 1st, 2004, 09:29 PM
She hasn't taken a set off of Lindsay since January 2000.

bandabou
Oct 1st, 2004, 09:31 PM
You know you´re bad when you can´t even take a set off Lindsay on CLAY which´s supposed to be your best surface.

Crazy_Fool
Oct 1st, 2004, 09:34 PM
It doesn't look great :o

Elldee
Oct 1st, 2004, 09:36 PM
You know you´re bad when you can´t even take a set off Lindsay on CLAY which´s supposed to be your best surface.

and Lindsay's worst.

Joana
Oct 1st, 2004, 09:40 PM
Steffi Graf has a losing record against Jo Durie. Pathetic. Worthless.

Shenanigans
Oct 1st, 2004, 09:40 PM
She has only played Lindsay twice in the last 2 years and lost in 2 close sets, Amélie was not no. 1 back then.

fifiricci
Oct 1st, 2004, 09:42 PM
Looking at those stats, no wonder Justine was so respectful :rolleyes:

I like Amelie though and good on her whatever the stats. As much as many dont like to, we have to live in the here and now.

Allez Amelie!

Andrew.
Oct 1st, 2004, 09:43 PM
She has only played Lindsay twice in the last 2 years and lost in 2 close sets, Amélie was not no. 1 back then. Both times that they played in 2004, Lindsay won 6-4 6-4. One of those meetings was on clay. That's quite impressive.

Crazy_Fool
Oct 1st, 2004, 09:44 PM
She has only played Lindsay twice in the last 2 years and lost in 2 close sets, Amélie was not no. 1 back then.
Maybe but one was this year, on clay :eek:

I like Momo, but you know thats pretty bad, she should at least be taking a set off LD on clay.

Crazy_Fool
Oct 1st, 2004, 09:44 PM
Mauresmo has a losing record to alot of players :fiery:

Shenanigans
Oct 1st, 2004, 09:48 PM
Both times that they played in 2004, Lindsay won 6-4 6-4. One of those meetings was on clay. That's quite impressive.

What's so impressive about it, Lindsay is a great player capable of beating anyone and had won Amelia Island before.

Andrew.
Oct 1st, 2004, 09:49 PM
What's so impressive about it, Lindsay is a great player capable of beating anyone and had won Amelia Island before. What's impressive is at the time Amelie was number three, now she is #1, and Lindsay won in straight sets, on Lindsay's worst surface and Amelie's best.

Shenanigans
Oct 1st, 2004, 09:54 PM
What's impressive is at the time Amelie was number three, now she is #1, and Lindsay won in straight sets, on Lindsay's worst surface and Amelie's best.

It is also impressive that Amélie defeated the best clay courter in the game at the moment, Justine in the SF's.

Andrew.
Oct 1st, 2004, 09:56 PM
It is also impressive that Amélie defeated the best clay courter in the game at the moment, Justine in the SF's. Yes it is, which makes Lindsay's victory more impressive.

bandabou
Oct 1st, 2004, 10:01 PM
And that´s the oddness of it....if you can beat Justine on clay, then for sure...for sure, for sure you SHOULD at LEAST take a set off Lindsay. You may lose ( although I don´t know any top player who has lost to Lindsay on clay, but that´s another matter), but you should at least take it three-sets.

Shenanigans
Oct 1st, 2004, 10:02 PM
Yes it is, which makes Lindsay's victory more impressive.

Yes and I would rather have their opinion of the match:

Lindsay

"I came out with the game plan of wanting to be aggressive, to try to dictate the points and not get into long rallies... I figured I was going to have a lot of unforced errors because I just wanted to go for it, keeping the points short and looking to attack. I felt like I did that well... I think mentally and physically [Amelie's SF win over Justine Henin-Hardenne] took a lot out of her. I knew going in that that would be the case... I just tried to take advantage of that."

Amélie

"I was very tired, plus [Lindsay] was very aggressive and didn't give me much time to do what I wanted to do... But it give me a lot of confidence to play as well as I did. I just want to keep improving." Amelie later withdrew from the following week's Family Circle Cup, citing a back strain.

Crazy_Fool
Oct 1st, 2004, 10:04 PM
And that´s the oddness of it....if you can beat Justine on clay, then for sure...for sure, for sure you SHOULD at LEAST take a set off Lindsay. You may lose ( although I don´t know any top player who has lost to Lindsay on clay, but that´s another matter), but you should at least take it three-sets.
True i totally agree. But the problem with Mauresmo is that she's too defensive, she allowed LD to dictate the play, and even on clay you are not winning that way.

Andrew.
Oct 1st, 2004, 10:07 PM
Lindsay's game is a nightmare for Amelie, and Amelie's game is delightful for Lindsay. Lindsay just watches Amelie stick behind the baseline, and Lindsay ends up pounding away and winning.

hablo
Oct 1st, 2004, 10:11 PM

I second that!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

hablo
Oct 1st, 2004, 10:15 PM
leads Mysinka 5-1
leads Lena D 5-4
leads Svetlana 2-0

I knew she couldn't possibly lose against all the top players! :lol: :lol:

Go Momo go!!

bandabou
Oct 1st, 2004, 10:25 PM
Lindsay's game is a nightmare for Amelie, and Amelie's game is delightful for Lindsay. Lindsay just watches Amelie stick behind the baseline, and Lindsay ends up pounding away and winning.

Uhum..just doesn´t have the oompphh in her game to bother Lindsay...those spins and slices are nice, but you MUST be agressive against Lindsay....have to go for the winner, move her out of position...otherwise it ain´t gonna work.

ali
Oct 1st, 2004, 10:51 PM
A more interesting stat for me is the amount of times she's beaten a TOP player in a Grand Slam. I haven't really followed her results that closely in the past, but in this years Slams she's had relatively easy draws until the later stages, then seems to lose as soon as she plays someone in the top 10. That should be more worrying for Amelie.

French - first top 10 player she faced was Dementieva in the quarters and she lost
Wimbledon - first top 10 player was Serena in the semis and lost
US Open - first top 10 player was again Dementieva in the quarters and she lost.
(Olympics - first top 10 player was in the final - again lost)

Like I said, I can't really remember her past results that well off hand, but I'm not sure of the last time she had a big win in a Grand Slam.

Shenanigans
Oct 1st, 2004, 10:59 PM
A more interesting stat for me is the amount of times she's beaten a TOP player in a Grand Slam. I haven't really followed her results that closely in the past, but in this years Slams she's had relatively easy draws until the later stages, then seems to lose as soon as she plays someone in the top 10. That should be more worrying for Amelie.

French - first top 10 player she faced was Dementieva in the quarters and she lost
Wimbledon - first top 10 player was Serena in the semis and lost
US Open - first top 10 player was again Dementieva in the quarters and she lost.
(Olympics - first top 10 player was in the final - again lost)

Like I said, I can't really remember her past results that well off hand, but I'm not sure of the last time she had a big win in a Grand Slam.

Well at least she lost to a top 10 player, never underestimate top 10 players and she beat Svetlana in the Olympic QF a top 10 player.

ali
Oct 1st, 2004, 11:10 PM
Well at least she lost to a top 10 player, never underestimate top 10 players and she beat Svetlana in the Olympic QF a top 10 player.
Oops, I forgot about Svetlana.

You're right, losing to a top 10 player isn't a disgrace and she is very consistent, she vary rarely has a bad upset against her. But saying that, as the world number 2 (or 1 as she now is), maybe it is an upset to lose to the number 7 or 8.

Somebody made an intesting point in Mary's forum that if Amelie (or others in the top 2 or 3) had to play the draws that those players ranked low 20s - 30s have to play, would they always have such consistent runs to the quarters and semis of the big tournaments? But I guess that's the advantage you get for being the highest ranked players!! A bit of a paradox really!! ;)

tennisjunky
Oct 1st, 2004, 11:19 PM
kim and mauresmo are like day and night. with kim you at least no that shes got a chance whereas mauresmo is usually the underdog lucky to make the semis. Im not hating on her im just being honest about things. amelie is the tours single weakest number one in the history of the sport. and if anyone disagrees then please tell me which number one player she would rank ahead of.

kabuki
Oct 1st, 2004, 11:34 PM
Sanity will be restored shortly.

Shenanigans
Oct 1st, 2004, 11:38 PM
Sanity will be restored shortly.

Oh good, are you closing your account here?

azmad_88
Oct 1st, 2004, 11:49 PM

But the recent 2 meetings
Dementieva def Mauresmo Rolan Garros 2004 QF
Dementieva def Mauresmo US Open 2004 QF

ehheh
2 important tournaments

Shenanigans
Oct 2nd, 2004, 12:00 AM
If you really want to find the world no. 1 record against all players just use this link:

http://www.wtatour.com/players/playerprofiles/PlayerHeadToHead.asp?PlayerID=130450

Did you know that Amélie leads ASV 2-1 and that Y Basuki leads Amélie 2-0, shocking. :eek:

baleineau
Oct 2nd, 2004, 12:22 AM
sure, amelie is the weakest number one ever by results and H2Hs.....no-one's disputing that. you'll also find that Amelie doesn't go around saying "I'm number one, I'm better than the rest".....:rolleyes:

she's had the most consistent season, gone deep in the majors, won a lot of tournaments, and that's what she has more points.

to be honest, there's no obvious, strong candidate for number one right now. Lindsay? No slams. No Slam finals. Myskina? Outside of RG, what else did she really do on the big stage? Justine? Two big events but out for most of the season.......Kuznetsova? Great run recently, but hardly enough to say she's the best player on tour.....Sharapova....great Wimbledon, really impressive play, but not a lot to show apart from that to say she's the best......

Amelie is the best of the bunch in terms of overall results consistency. But she's not the best player by any means, gamewise most of all (she's top-5, top-3 at best).

mboyle
Oct 2nd, 2004, 12:29 AM
that is the only player whom Steffi has played more than twice to whom she has a losing record. The only one.

mboyle
Oct 2nd, 2004, 12:30 AM
Lindsay is clearly a more legitimate no. 1. Amelie hasn't been to more than one semi-final since 2002.

mboyle
Oct 2nd, 2004, 12:31 AM
In fact, just about anyone in the top 10 would be a more legitimate no. 1 than Amelie. It isn't like Kim's situation, where only one (maybe two) other players had more legitimate claims to no. 1. I mean, 9 other players have more legitimate claims.

Chunchun
Oct 2nd, 2004, 12:33 AM
:eek: @ momo

Shenanigans
Oct 2nd, 2004, 12:34 AM
In fact, just about anyone in the top 10 would be a more legitimate no. 1 than Amelie. It isn't like Kim's situation, where only one (maybe two) other players had more legitimate claims to no. 1. I mean, 9 other players have more legitimate claims.

Thanks for joining the Mauresmo fan club your badge and a starter pack are in the post.