PDA

View Full Version : Kim's Wrist, Can it be re-injured?

henree
Oct 1st, 2004, 08:21 PM
I was wondering, What exactly was wrong with the wrist? What caused the injury in the 1st place? And how can Kim avoid problems in the future? :confused:

Brαm
Oct 1st, 2004, 09:10 PM
If she keeps doing this - pushing up 68kg on her left wrist - she might get another wrist injury :o :tape:

http://www.sport.be//fotospecial/fotos/2009/clijstersspread1.jpg

fifiricci
Oct 1st, 2004, 09:46 PM
It could get reinjured if, say, someone ran over it with a lorry, for example?

They'd better not though :(

Hawk
Oct 1st, 2004, 10:02 PM
She had a slight tear in a tendon in her wrist as well as a cyst (as a result of the first injury). They stitched up the tear and removed the cyst.

So I guess she could hurt it again..but I don't think it's high risk or anything.

cheo23
Oct 2nd, 2004, 02:35 AM
Well by Playin Way too Many tournaments Like she had before the injury can Create a Reinjury to her wrist..U just don't Ever Know..Look at SERENA she still has problems with her KnEE! U know what I"m Sayin...Anything can Happen..U gotta be careful..Schedule Yourself Good & Don't OVERPLAY Like Freakin 3 or 4 Weeks In A ROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stamp Paid
Oct 2nd, 2004, 02:40 AM
Um, whatever happened to that foot injury that she had before the Australian Open?

azmad_88
Oct 2nd, 2004, 02:45 AM
at least her injury was real
and she dont give excuses to her injury
like another belgian player
with having a ...
she keep on using the excuse
i think that is not right
if she cant be at her top
then its not her time
look at serena
she is such an amazing player

~|Naomi|~
Oct 2nd, 2004, 02:24 PM
Um, whatever happened to that foot injury that she had before the Australian Open?

It healed by Antwerp:)

ans
Oct 2nd, 2004, 02:33 PM
with having a ...
then its not her time
look at serena
How can injury be an excuse for someone who considers tennis as the most important thing in her life?
Please think before you post.

Brαm
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:32 PM
It can :crying2: :hysteric:

starr
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:36 PM
If she keeps doing this - pushing up 68kg on her left wrist - she might get another wrist injury :o :tape:

http://www.sport.be//fotospecial/fotos/2009/clijstersspread1.jpg
Kimmy looks so fiercely beautiful in that photo.

*Karen*
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:37 PM
It seems like a long time for a wrist problem. I'm wondering if it'll ever get better at this rate.. It's the same with Serena's knee.

Hope they recover soon!

Hagar
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:42 PM
I refuse to believe that that wrist is still not healed after the operation.
I just hope she injured it by the strain of real matches.

tenn_ace
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:44 PM
Marat had a similar one and he did re-injured it at some point last year.

bubble
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:46 PM
Marat had a similar one and he did re-injured it at some point last year.
Yeah and he wasted the whole of 2003 to heal the injury and come back on the tour in full health.

I think Kim should forget about this year and rest and heal to prepare for 2005.

ace4lleykim
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:07 PM
One conlcusion:
Once a player is injured, she cannot get back to the form that she was. There is a possibility, but very slight,or take a really long time for recovery. But once, she comes back, tennis is a differ ERA.

Brαm
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:14 PM
One conlcusion:
Once a player is injured, she cannot get back to the form that she was. There is a possibility, but very slight,or take a really long time for recovery. But once, she comes back, tennis is a differ ERA.
Sorry but that's :bs:

Serena got an injury before the Aussie Open in 2002 and came back to win 5 slams.

Fingon
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:46 PM
I am not a doctor (although seeing Kim and Justine's problems probably any of us would do better than their doctors), anyway.

wrist injuries are shit for a tennis players, wrist, elbow and shoulder, knee and ankle are the critical ones, because they are the joints that get all the effort.

In Kim's case, it's the left wrist that she only uses for the two-handed backhand but she does put a lot of strain in it, plus as Bram's photo shows she some times rests her body on it like when she does the splits.

I don't think it's a timming for this injuries to heal, it depends on many things and I had the feeling that once more, maybe Kim came back too early, maybe she was anxious to play in Belgium but she did it before coming back too early for Fed Cup, love match, etc.

When she was still not using the wrist fully during US Open, I thought Hasselt was too early. Judging for what I've seen before with wrist injuries, I would say that after the injury is healed (and she is cleared to practice) it should be at least between one and two months to play competitevely again. Obvioulsy, with all this time off she needs to streghten the wrist area and that's not an easy area to work out, it does take time. It's possible that the problem is that her wrist is still too weak to support the effort, because she didn't give it enough time to recover its strenght.

I would think she wouldn't come back if the doctors didn't tell her the wrist was fully healed, but that doesn't mean that it was fully recovered.

maybe Kim (and Justine) should ask for second opinions regarding their medical conditions?

ace4lleykim
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:02 PM
Yea, you guys in here are better docs than real docs. Or the real docs just can't estimate the pressure when a player playing a real tourney, with many hardhitters. :shrug:

pigam
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:07 PM
maybe Kim (and Justine) should ask for second opinions regarding their medical conditions?
I really appreciate your post,
But @ this : rolleyes:
You really think they don't do that?
Docotor's don't know everything... and perhaps (this goes for Kim and Justine!!)
a) They don't tell us everything their doc's tell them
b) they don't always do what the doctor's tell them to do...

Junex
Oct 3rd, 2004, 01:14 AM
i had a feeling this thread had jinx Kim.

you should never post a thread like this anymore....ever ...

unless yiou really love to see that player get injured again!

Fingon
Oct 3rd, 2004, 01:19 AM
I really appreciate your post,
But @ this : rolleyes:
You really think they don't do that?
Docotor's don't know everything... and perhaps (this goes for Kim and Justine!!)
a) They don't tell us everything their doc's tell them
b) they don't always do what the doctor's tell them to do...
We always assume that players are smart and do the best for themselves.

If you have followed tennis for a while you know that's not like that.

Take Monica Seles, I could predict what was going to happen, she gets injured, her ranking slips, overplays, gets injured.

Davenport normally would overplay the Californian and indoors seasons and get injured.

these are two examples of players considered intelligent and educated.

Justine came back in France when it was obvious she wasn't ready, if a doctor told her that she was she should fire him.

Kim came back to play the love match, fed cup when it was obvious she wasn't ready.

It doesn't matter how much money you have, some times it's difficult to switch doctors, maybe you trust them, maybe you don't want to hurt their feelings.

Some times anxiety is more powerful than good sense, some times they don't realize how serious the injury is.

No, I don't think tennis players normally make good decisions regarding their bodies, it's normally the other way around, and that applies to most of them, even Venus and Serena have played injured to shut up their critics.

And I didn't even mention players like Dokic

Fingon
Oct 3rd, 2004, 01:55 AM
with having a ...
then its not her time
look at serena
fucking idiot

Rub
Oct 3rd, 2004, 04:50 AM
WTF is wrong with that wrist... maybe should start using one handed backhands from now on!

Dannithesnail
Oct 3rd, 2004, 08:46 AM
This girl is hugh....
oh yeah, massive :p :rolleyes: