sarza
Oct 1st, 2004, 06:58 PM
well done kimmie :bounce:

Dave B
Oct 1st, 2004, 06:59 PM
:aparty: KIMMIE! :aparty:

bandabou
Oct 1st, 2004, 07:01 PM
Goes to show you...not every belgian is a belgian!! Great payback for Els, Kimmie!! That´s what I call having your countrywomen´s back!

tfannis
Oct 1st, 2004, 07:06 PM
The match is shown on Belgian television in three hours...I'll tell you all about it afterwards :) According to the comments I read her serve is going extremely well and her backhand is doing most of the damage :eek: :D

crazillo
Oct 1st, 2004, 07:09 PM
Magdalena
My brother who went to Hasselt (this is not the real Sascha ) might have expected more. The Dutch comments said all the time Maleeva made a mistake on crucial points or Kim forced her into one. Sad!
Well done Kim though! In contrast to my brother I like her the same like Maleeva.

crazillo
Oct 1st, 2004, 07:09 PM
The match is shown on Belgian television in three hours...I'll tell you all about it afterwards :) According to the comments I read her serve is going extremely well and her backhand is doing most of the damage :eek: :D

Could you tell me the broadcasters?
We get some channels here in western Germany (Aachen).

Hagar
Oct 1st, 2004, 07:10 PM
Yet again, a semi for Kim! I'd love to see a confrontation with Elena D.!

Hawk
Oct 1st, 2004, 07:11 PM
Count the aces! I'm dying to know :p

Hagar
Oct 1st, 2004, 07:11 PM
It'll be on VRT.

bandabou
Oct 1st, 2004, 07:12 PM
Hmmm...interesting!! Kim is becoming quite the server, I see!

Sarah<Kim-fan>
Oct 1st, 2004, 07:13 PM
TV 1 on flemish television at 23.30 or something like that
and AB3 in Wallonie, but they show it live...

oh, and :woohoo: :yeah: Kim!!!!

Elldee
Oct 1st, 2004, 07:14 PM
Was that just one break of serve in each set?

Great stuff from Kim. I want a Lena D/Kim final.

hablo
Oct 1st, 2004, 07:17 PM
Thats a good win.

Keep it going Kim!!!!

Wow. nice pic of jennifer capriati!!
(I still don't like her though. ;) :lol: )

Keep up the good work, Kim!!! :bounce:

crazillo
Oct 1st, 2004, 07:18 PM
Was that just one break of serve in each set?

Great stuff from Kim. I want a Lena D/Kim final.

My brother Sascha sent me a SMS.

He said that Kim was playing very good tennis out there, espacially in the beginning of set 1 and the end of set 2. Maggie managed to come back from 00-40 on Kim's serve several times, but was not able to convert some chances she got offered by Kim. In each set, Maleeva got broekn twice and got one rebreak. Kim had a great serve and made an ace at her first setpoint. Maleeva seemed to win set 2, because she was up until 3-2 and had chances, but then Kim won a long game at 3-3 with Maleeva making an error in the wrong situation (which she did more than one time he said) and then Kim broke her and served it out in a game with Maleeva making some errors again. Thats what he said.

tfannis
Oct 1st, 2004, 07:20 PM
Count the aces! I'm dying to know :pI will :) and me too ;)

But I'm afraid they'll only show a couple of games...45 minutes in total...typical :fiery: So I just hope they'll give me an ace update in the last couple of games ;) :devil:

Hagar
Oct 1st, 2004, 07:20 PM
TV 1 on flemish television at 23.30 or something like that
and AB3 in Wallonie, but they show it live...

oh, and :woohoo: :yeah: Kim!!!!Did AB3 show it live?

Sarah<Kim-fan>
Oct 1st, 2004, 07:23 PM
Did AB3 show it live?
they showed live matches all week in the evening, so I suppose they did tonight...

XaDavK_Kapri
Oct 1st, 2004, 07:26 PM
:yeah: Well done Kim! :D

kwanfan
Oct 1st, 2004, 07:45 PM
Well Done Kim! Keep It Up! :bounce:

ace4lleykim
Oct 1st, 2004, 07:54 PM
:woohoo: I think Bovina is up next, a very strong player, and I'm so sure that she will aim for Kim's backhand. :sad:
For those who've seen the match or gonna watch it tonight, can you please tell us how's her backhand, how winners and UEs? That's what important rite now.

dekker
Oct 1st, 2004, 08:05 PM
Wtg Kim!

crazillo
Oct 1st, 2004, 08:13 PM
:woohoo: I think Bovina is up next, a very strong player, and I'm so sure that she will aim for Kim's backhand. :sad:
For those who've seen the match or gonna watch it tonight, can you please tell us how's her backhand, how winners and UEs? That's what important rite now.

I saw it live. Honestly her BH and her serve are her strongest shots. i believed Maleeva would win bc her BH is stronger and if Kim had probs with her's it would have been an advtanage for Maggie. But it wasnt. Look at my report in hasselt forum for details.

Brαm
Oct 1st, 2004, 09:03 PM
Kim has won the last 14 (!!) matches she's played this year!! :eek: :worship:

Last loss was at Australian Open in January!

Wimanna
Oct 1st, 2004, 10:24 PM
Just back from Hasselt... Kim played really well, the first games were good, then some probs and errors (her first serve was off) but the second set was good play by both players! Kim hitting lots of winners, but only 1 ace (setpoints first set)
Great to see her again :yippee:

tfannis
Oct 1st, 2004, 10:59 PM
I just saw a summary of the match...Kim's serve not as good as in her match against Iveta, but still effective at gamepoints, couple of winning serves, one ace.
Maggie was making many mistakes, but Kim hit some great angles especially with her awesome backhand and some beautiful forehand winners. She had some weak moments to, hitting a couple of UE, DF...but she got through them. She's not back in full force yet, but she will be soon I think, she's rapidly getting there :)

kabuki
Oct 1st, 2004, 11:27 PM
Congrats Kim! :bounce:

azmad_88
Oct 1st, 2004, 11:56 PM
yes kim

fabifan#1
Oct 2nd, 2004, 12:56 AM
yay kim :bonce:

Sharapova's_Boy
Oct 2nd, 2004, 01:07 AM
Udachi Kimmy. :hearts:

Just get Lena on the run.. and you'll be right. :yeah:

beauty_is_pink
Oct 2nd, 2004, 01:37 AM
YAY KIMMIE!!!!!!! :D

:woohoo:

Harju.
Oct 2nd, 2004, 02:17 AM
:banana: Kimmie :worship:

wateva
Oct 2nd, 2004, 02:28 AM
kim!!! :kiss: :bounce: :hearts:

sbmh
Oct 2nd, 2004, 03:59 AM
Congrats Kimmie :)

SzavayFi
Oct 2nd, 2004, 04:26 AM
Yeya kimmay!

kim4eva
Oct 2nd, 2004, 06:19 AM
:woohoo: Kim

ans
Oct 2nd, 2004, 01:20 PM
Great:)

Well, she said herself on court that her first serve wasn't good at all but "hey I always have a second serve, haven't I?":p

moby
Oct 2nd, 2004, 01:31 PM
by the way, why isn't kim seeded first? :(
doesn't she get a special seeding?
she's been out for half a year!

Daniel
Oct 2nd, 2004, 01:32 PM
well done :)

bandabou
Oct 2nd, 2004, 01:40 PM
The commentator summed it best: Maggie is just a (very) poor man´s Myskina....Myskina might have troubled Kim, but Maggie just doesn´t have that special thing to trouble Kim.

crazillo
Oct 2nd, 2004, 02:46 PM
I disagree, Maggie is definitely not Myskina. Maggie is similair to her, but
a) has a better variation and more agressive
b) is more inconsistent and
c) is a headcase!!!!

If she was a that poor copy, she would not be No. 19 next week.

jenny161185
Oct 2nd, 2004, 03:26 PM
well done Kimmie another great win