PDA

View Full Version : Serena and JenCap withdraw from Filderstadt

Linnie
Oct 1st, 2004, 06:31 PM
http://de.sports.yahoo.com/041001/14/24kr.html

Roughly translated, it's Serena's knee and Jen has the flu. Molik and Farina Elia are into the main draw.

Mase
Oct 1st, 2004, 06:32 PM
Damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get well soon Ladies......

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 1st, 2004, 06:33 PM
did they see the thread on WTA world about them :tape:

JCF
Oct 1st, 2004, 06:34 PM
Oh well, neither were gonna win anyway. Sad though.

eddy
Oct 1st, 2004, 06:37 PM
Not surprising

Lady
Oct 1st, 2004, 06:40 PM
Sad news!! :sad:

SJW, seems like your year was not much better then ours with Justine! :sad:

Chrissie-fan
Oct 1st, 2004, 06:45 PM
:bigcry: :tears: :sobbing: :crying2: :hysteric: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Roughly translated, it's Serena's knee and Jen has the flu. Molik and Farina Elia are into the main draw.

crazillo
Oct 1st, 2004, 06:48 PM
Weingärtner and grönefeld got a WC. So Maleeva doesnt need one cuz she is neither in the Qualyfying draw nor is she mentioned here.

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Oct 1st, 2004, 06:48 PM
I think that Serena is lying... why can she compete for a whole week and win the title but a week later she isnt able to play again because of pain... SHe lies and we are all getting sick of it... If you say you are going to play a tournament... PLAY IT.. stop pulling out of everything for bullshit reasons!

griffin
Oct 1st, 2004, 06:50 PM
Can anyone give a better translation? Is Serena's knee hurting or is she just trying not to over-work it? (for her sake, I'm hoping the latter)

JCF
Oct 1st, 2004, 06:51 PM
I think that Serena is lying... why can she compete for a whole week and win the title but a week later she isnt able to play again because of pain... SHe lies and we are all getting sick of it... If you say you are going to play a tournament... PLAY IT.. stop pulling out of everything for bullshit reasons!
I know, she's probably got a ball to attend to.

She's probably scared of the competition or sojmething, why else withdraw? If her knee is still bothering her, then something is seriously wrong.

DUNEMAN
:bigcry: :tears: :sobbing: :crying2: :hysteric: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

:eek: :bolt: :banghead: :bolt: :banghead: :scared: :bolt: :banghead: :bolt: :banghead: :hysteric: :timebomb:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo :mad: :tape:

CoriaFan4ever
alicia :)

skanky~skanketta
Oct 1st, 2004, 06:52 PM
well, from stellar tournament, 3 top star attractions are out. dammit.

Jorn
Oct 1st, 2004, 06:54 PM
Can anyone give a better translation? Is Serena's knee hurting or is she just trying not to over-work it? (for her sake, I'm hoping the latter)
It just says she have a knee injury, (most take care about that)

pierce0415
Oct 1st, 2004, 06:54 PM
Ugh I can't believe this decimated field ... No more grudge match ups between Jen / Serena / Justine

Now we are left w/ Amelie, Lindsay and a bunch of Russians ... hopefully Mary will take advantage of this weaker draw

Stamp Paid
Oct 1st, 2004, 06:55 PM
Dammit, I hope she has a photo shoot or a TV role or something, not really an injury. She NEVER flexed her knee after serving in that whole China Open Final, I thought she was rehabbing well!http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/sad.gif

Mase
Oct 1st, 2004, 06:55 PM
well, from stellar tournament, 3 top star attractions are out. dammit.
Thats ok we can entertain ourselves hon...... :hearts:

englishjenfan
Oct 1st, 2004, 06:57 PM
Damn. Oh well, I hope they both get better soon
*Emily*

lizchris
Oct 1st, 2004, 06:58 PM
Too bad about the withdrawls!

I hope Venus plays.

She has a tournament the next week, so it wouldn't be an inconvenience for her to play in Germany.

bandabou
Oct 1st, 2004, 06:59 PM
:banghead: :sobbing: :mad: Serena, Serena!!! Well, I hope that it´s true. Get well soon, babygirl!

Stamp Paid
Oct 1st, 2004, 07:02 PM
Too bad about the withdrawls!

I hope Venus plays.

She has a tournament the next week, so it wouldn't be an inconvenience for her to play in Germany.
Nah, because then Vee would be playing three straight weeks, wouldnt she? Thats always disaster for the Williams sisters.

DUNEMAN
Oct 1st, 2004, 07:03 PM
:banghead: :sobbing: :mad: Serena, Serena!!! Well, I hope that it´s true. Get well soon, babygirl! :bolt: NOoooooooooooooooooooooo :bolt: I cant beleive this :bolt: It just cant be :bolt: :banghead: :crazy: :shrug: :eek:

Justeenium
Oct 1st, 2004, 07:05 PM
What other tournaments this fall is serena scheduled to play?

she's playing philly, right?

crazillo
Oct 1st, 2004, 07:07 PM
Williams and Capriati with´draw from Filderstadt as well

The tennis fans at the WTA-tournament in Filderstadt have to do it without more stars. One day after the Belgian Justine Henin-Hardenne the US-Americans Serena Williams and Jennifer Capriati withdrew from their participance at the 650.000 $ competition from October 4th to October 10th.
So the tournament lacks three former top-ranked at one time.
Knee-Injury and flu

The former Wimbledon-champion Serena Williams doesnt start because she has to recover from a knee-injury. Barcelona-Olympics champion Capriati is sidelined by a flu. For them Alicia Molik(AUS) and Silvia Farina-Elia (ITA) move into the MD.
The lonely German players in the MD are Anna-Lena Grönefeld from Nordhorn and Marlene Weingärtner from Mpers. Both received a WC from the organziers.

So Maleeva, Molik and Farina-Elia replace Henin-Hardenne, Serena Williams and Capriati now.

Elldee
Oct 1st, 2004, 07:17 PM
This is such a shame, it's gone from a great draw to pretty meh. Go Lindsay!!!

Jenny.C.Fan
Oct 1st, 2004, 08:02 PM
Ah damn it was lookin forward to seeing jen play as well, oh well get well jenny.

Kuti Kis&Monica
Oct 1st, 2004, 08:40 PM
pffff and again all the best WTA players are unable to play at the same event :rolleyes:

It would be impossible to make a Masters-Series Circuit a la ATP

jonny84
Oct 1st, 2004, 08:54 PM
So this means that the seeds will look like this:

#1 Mauresmo
#2 Lindsay D
#3 Myskina
#4 Kuznetsova
#5 Dementieva
#6 Clijsters
#7 Zvonreva
#8 V Williams

Lucky for Venus who in 1R could have potentially been drawn up against Lindsay

Lady
Oct 1st, 2004, 09:03 PM

#1 Mauresmo
#2 Lindsay D
#3 Myskina
#4 Kuznetsova
#5 Dementieva
#6 Clijsters
#7 Zvonreva
#8 V Williams

Lucky for Venus who in 1R could have potentially been drawn up against Lindsay

Venus is not even playing :rolleyes:

Venus+Serena#1fan
Oct 1st, 2004, 09:28 PM
Sad sad sad.....I know Serena is fit to play, she must have other commitments.

bigshow21
Oct 1st, 2004, 10:22 PM
Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :bigcry: :bigcry: :( :( :(

We have to wait even longer to see her play.......eeerrrrrr!!!! :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

Paneru
Oct 1st, 2004, 10:28 PM

Then step the hell on! :rolleyes:

Doraemon
Oct 1st, 2004, 10:55 PM
No wonder Serena has so many haters.
She doesn't give credit to her opponents and keep pulling outa tournaments with bullshit reasons.

xcrtbckhnd
Oct 1st, 2004, 11:02 PM
What does this do for their chances to get into the YEC's? I would think this hurts Jen's chances pretty badly unless she tries to take a WC into a few events.

Oizo
Oct 1st, 2004, 11:22 PM
What a pitty. It was such a great draw in the beginning and now it's getting weaker by each day. Damn! :fiery:

Kelly
Oct 1st, 2004, 11:22 PM
perhaps serena withdrew because of the special seeding thingy...filderstaadt would have been her 8th and last tourney. if she played YEC would she be able to use her seeding thingy there?? also the wta can choose the 8th place. was looking forward to this tourney with a good draw...knew it was too good to be true though....go lindsay

Volcana
Oct 1st, 2004, 11:26 PM
I think that Serena is lying... why can she compete for a whole week and win the title but a week later she isnt able to play again because of pain... SHe lies and we are all getting sick of it... If you say you are going to play a tournament... PLAY IT.. stop pulling out of everything for bullshit reasons!Perhaps you should just change your name .... I've had surgery twice on my right knee. If I put to much of a strain on it, it gives me problems. Virtually everyone I know who's had knee surgery has similar problems. They can be managed, but they have to BE managed. Every time I play volletball it's four more Motrin. Four or five matches of world class tennis is a lot more strain than a couple hours of volleyball.

I do recognize that none of you complaining about Serena here know shit, but do you have to advertise your ignorance?

kabuki
Oct 1st, 2004, 11:31 PM
Nobody, NOBODY can presume to know better about a player's health than that player. (Except Myskina before the Olympics :devil: )

Rub
Oct 2nd, 2004, 02:09 AM
and justine has withdrawn to... maybe they're all afraid to see each other in a metch!

Zhao
Oct 2nd, 2004, 02:17 AM
i think Jenn can say byw bye to YEC :sad:

azmad_88
Oct 2nd, 2004, 02:41 AM
this was suppose to be a great tournament
now ..we are losing great players
but good
easier 4 kim to defend

Greenout
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:47 AM
She doesn't give credit to her opponents and keep pulling outa tournaments with bullshit reasons.

Sorry, Saint no offense- I think she's legit. It's all legit IMHO.
Deep draw? Well...use to be deep draw.

JHH, Serena and Capster all felt they weren't up to snuff. Why
enter a Tier II and risk the the possible berth at the YEC, and
the Tier 1's of Zurich and Moscow.

Filderstadt is a great tournament, and one well liked. If they
can't play, then it must be real.

esquímaux
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:01 AM

#1 Mauresmo
#4 Kuznetsova
#5 Dementieva
#6 Clijsters
#7 Zvonreva:bounce: !!!Allez ladies!!! :bounce: Get well Jen/Serena.

SJW
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:35 AM
FUCK IT! Serena that knee is a pain in the arse :sad: get better soon babe :sad:

Lemonskin.
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:44 AM
Good news for Maria's YEC campaign!!! :D

Doraemon
Oct 2nd, 2004, 10:16 AM
Sorry, Saint no offense- I think she's legit. It's all legit IMHO.
Deep draw? Well...use to be deep draw.

JHH, Serena and Capster all felt they weren't up to snuff. Why
enter a Tier II and risk the the possible berth at the YEC, and
the Tier 1's of Zurich and Moscow.

Filderstadt is a great tournament, and one well liked. If they
can't play, then it must be real.

Well it is also possible that Serena reckoned she would have little chance to rack up points in such a strong field and opted to play some other tournaments where she will have better chance of collecting ranking points.
It would make good sense wouldn't it?

That said I love the girl. Watching her play always brings tears to my eyes for some reason. She always seems to have something to play for and her courageous performance is second to none in my opinion.

Greenout
Oct 2nd, 2004, 10:48 AM
Well it is also possible that Serena reckoned she would have little chance to rack up points in such a strong field and opted to play some other tournaments where she will have better chance of collecting ranking points.
It would make good sense wouldn't it?

That said I love the girl. Watching her play always brings tears to my eyes for some reason. She always seems to have something to play for and her courageous performance is second to none in my opinion.

We have three players here that without a doubt have huge pride in
their tennis and themselves. None of these players are the types
to enter an event just for the heck of it or the money- they arrive to
win the title, nothing less.

Let's cross our fingers for Zurich! :yeah:

TomTennis
Oct 2nd, 2004, 11:16 AM
Good news for Maria's YEC campaign!!! :D

Maria is PATHETIC!!

she wasnt really my fav player anyway, but i hav NO respect for her anymore!

I cant believe that the wimby champion is playing a TIER FIVE for crying out loud! that is bad.

she is too scared to make YEC playing in tier 1 and 2 (maybe 3) but not FIVE!

i am saying this now because if she makes YEC over serena then that will just piss me rite off!

Shuji Shuriken
Oct 2nd, 2004, 11:41 AM
I can't believe some of you fuckers would flat out say Serena is lying :rolleyes:. Do you fools know anything about tennis and injuries. I'm so sorry for Serena and Venus, cause it seems like they will forever be held to a different standard than all the others. Last week Tuesday after playing tennis, I went home, had a bath, ate, drank beer, hung out with friends, and had a good time. I didn't play tennis on Thursday cause I had stuff to do, but when I attempted to play yesterday my right wrist was killing me. I couldn't play. If Serena feels her health isn't what she wants it to be and she can't play, get the fuck over it :rolleyes:.

Shuji Shuriken
Oct 2nd, 2004, 11:44 AM
I got so mad I forgot what i was going to post initially :(

Get well soon Serena, Jen and Justine :) :bounce:. Tennis really needs all the top players healthy at the same time.

Doraemon
Oct 2nd, 2004, 11:45 AM
I can't believe some of you fuckers would flat out say Serena is lying :rolleyes:. Do you fools know anything about tennis and injuries. I'm so sorry for Serena and Venus, cause it seems like they will forever be held to a different standard than all the others. Last week Tuesday after playing tennis, I went home, had a bath, ate, drank beer, hung out with friends, and had a good time. I didn't play tennis on Thursday cause I had stuff to do, but when I attempted to play yesterday my right wrist was killing me. I couldn't play. If Serena feels her health isn't what she wants it to be and she can't play, get the fuck over it :rolleyes:.

Ouch! Sorry but your story is not nearly convincing!

Lemonskin.
Oct 2nd, 2004, 11:46 AM
Maria is PATHETIC!!

she wasnt really my fav player anyway, but i hav NO respect for her anymore!

I cant believe that the wimby champion is playing a TIER FIVE for crying out loud! that is bad.

she is too scared to make YEC playing in tier 1 and 2 (maybe 3) but not FIVE!

i am saying this now because if she makes YEC over serena then that will just piss me rite off!
Seoul is a tier FOUR.

Get your facts right before you go on a silly rant.

Slumpsova
Oct 2nd, 2004, 12:10 PM
this sucks. Filderstadt seemed to be great last month but finally it turns out to be the most annoying tournament because the top players keep pulling out :o . i can't believe it.

atleast i hope Kim will play no matter she win Hasselt or not.

darrinbaker00
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:54 PM

A clearer translation: Serena withdrew because they wouldn't guarantee her $200,001, and Jen withdrew because it's more fun for her to hose Serena on a line call than Mauresmo or the Russians. ;)

SJW
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:57 PM
Seoul is a tier FOUR.

Get your facts right before you go on a silly rant.

it's pretty laughable that a GS champion needs to get her season back on track by playing a tier IV...

mykarma
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:17 PM
I can't believe some of you fuckers would flat out say Serena is lying :rolleyes:. Do you fools know anything about tennis and injuries. I'm so sorry for Serena and Venus, cause it seems like they will forever be held to a different standard than all the others. Last week Tuesday after playing tennis, I went home, had a bath, ate, drank beer, hung out with friends, and had a good time. I didn't play tennis on Thursday cause I had stuff to do, but when I attempted to play yesterday my right wrist was killing me. I couldn't play. If Serena feels her health isn't what she wants it to be and she can't play, get the fuck over it :rolleyes:.What I find interesting is, Serena, Jen, JH and now Kim have cancelled because of injuries. I don't hear all of the accusations about why they retired, nor do I hear anyone calling them liars. With the sisters it's damn if they do and damn if they don't.

starr
Oct 2nd, 2004, 10:21 PM
Kim clearly has an injury so obviously no one is calling her a liar. :rolleyes:

Jennifer's excuse is very lame, imo. Hard to say if she is lying, but I'm skeptical. It looks as if Serena put Filderstadt in her schedule as a filler and since she won in China she doesn't need the points from Filderstadt. The knee excuse is as hard to prove as the flu excuse.

But, for those who are complaining about Serena's lack of credibility, just consider for a moment the whoppers Serena tells in her interviews. She's always full of hyperbole and even admits to not telling the truth. When someone does that, people tend to not to credit her words. Maybe it's an injustice, but it's an injustice she brings, in part, on herself.

mykarma
Oct 2nd, 2004, 10:29 PM
Kim clearly has an injury so obviously no one is calling her a liar. :rolleyes:

Jennifer's excuse is very lame, imo. Hard to say if she is lying, but I'm skeptical. It looks as if Serena put Filderstadt in her schedule as a filler and since she won in China she doesn't need the points from Filderstadt. The knee excuse is as hard to prove as the flu excuse.

But, for those who are complaining about Serena's lack of credibility, just consider for a moment the whoppers Serena tells in her interviews. She's always full of hyperbole and even admits to not telling the truth. When someone does that, people tend to not to credit her words. Maybe it's an injustice, but it's an injustice she brings, in part, on herself.Are you for real :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

FrauleinSteffi
Oct 3rd, 2004, 02:49 AM
Jenny sick man that sucks! Get well soon!:)

Becool
Oct 3rd, 2004, 03:10 AM
OOooww!! If it were another player, no one woulse suspect.. She must've felt something on her knee.. why people suspect? She doesnt give credits to her opponents? Oh go to hell! If you don't like her, then say you don't, but don't make anything up or any excuse to hate her you asshole!

Andy.
Oct 3rd, 2004, 03:14 AM
Hope Mary can really do some Damage with i few extra players out