PDA

View Full Version : Li Na Up to World #107

pierce0415
Oct 1st, 2004, 04:29 PM
According to Boiled Egg's updated ranks :worship:

One more win for her in Guangzhou and she will no longer need a WC to get into the Australian Open ;)

I really hope that this is not her last event of the year although I think there is a strong chance that it will be :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: She should ask for a WC to Tashkent or perhaps try to mix it up in the qualies at one of the big European tournies but no way that Chinese Federation will let her

spiceboy
Oct 1st, 2004, 10:42 PM
One more win for her in Guangzhou and she will no longer need a WC to get into the Australian Open ;)

She's already in ;) cut off for Australia is #112 and she has no points to defend for the rest of the season

pcrtennis
Oct 1st, 2004, 10:44 PM
Congrats Na!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is a top 10 talent without a doubt!

Hant Hant
Oct 1st, 2004, 10:50 PM
OMG GO LI! China better let her play European tournaments. Homegirl is on fire!

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 1st, 2004, 11:59 PM
Congrats Na!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is a top 10 talent without a doubt!
:haha:

She is not a top ten player, I hate to break it to you... If she proved me wrong, I'd be shocked... Any thing is possible though, I guess. :unsure:

Dave B
Oct 2nd, 2004, 12:17 AM

I think she is awesome...her ITF record :eek:

But saying top ten without a doubt is a bit of a strech. She sure came back from her long break with something more though!

pcrtennis
Oct 2nd, 2004, 12:19 AM
I think she is awesome...her ITF record :eek:

But saying top ten without a doubt is a bit of a strech. She sure came back from her long break with something more though!

I don't at all think calling her a top 10 talent is a stretch! Have you seen her play??????? :confused: :confused: :eek: :D :worship:

Buitenzorg
Oct 2nd, 2004, 12:38 AM
long way to go to TOP 10 I reckon :o

but congrats Na LI by edging TOP 100 ;)

Why China Federation won't let her play at europe?

Chunchun
Oct 2nd, 2004, 12:43 AM
na :yeah:

Gowza
Oct 2nd, 2004, 12:51 AM
i think saying top 10 is a stretch atm. she was impressive in the challengers but so was sprem and look at her. ok sprem is very good and could be a top 10er in the future but it took her nearly a year to really establish herself on the tour. and look at ivanovic, awesome challenger record but hasnt done anything in the wta. i guess what im saying is dont base your judgement of a player on their challenger record. na li, sprem and ivanovic are different players and i do have to say that na li has ben impressive so far in the wta. taking kuznetsova to 7-6 in the 3rd proved to me that she is certainly a talent and then this week. but i think its to quick to judge her after only a couple of tournaments.

pierce0415
Oct 2nd, 2004, 01:03 AM
long way to go to TOP 10 I reckon :o

but congrats Na LI by edging TOP 100 ;)

Why China Federation won't let her play at europe?
The Chinese Federation is :rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes: ... they want the girls to stay close to home

Bamafan717
Oct 2nd, 2004, 01:07 AM
But they let Jie play in France, England, New York :rolleyes:

dansnewbeg
Oct 2nd, 2004, 02:27 AM
I hope she can get into the Oz directly and perhaps the Asian championships runner-up (Mirza) will get the wildcard.

Happy Guy
Oct 2nd, 2004, 03:16 AM
Na Li beat Ting Li, reaching the Final at Guangzhou :)

Chunchun
Oct 2nd, 2004, 03:27 AM
after reaching the final can she hits top 100??

Happy Guy
Oct 2nd, 2004, 03:38 AM
after reaching the final can she hits top 100??
Not too sure, but at least will be a few steps closer, at around #103 :)

zongxuan
Oct 2nd, 2004, 05:19 AM
Some leaders of The Chinese Federation hate Li Na by themself ,so they don't want
Li Na to win any matches!They even hope Li Na to be away from tennis!!
Being a chinese,I am ashamed of this abnormal phenomenon!!!

esquímaux
Oct 2nd, 2004, 05:23 AM
na :yeah:li :yeah:

xin
Oct 2nd, 2004, 08:04 AM
Some leaders of The Chinese Federation hate Li Na by themself ,so they don't want
Li Na to win any matches!They even hope Li Na to be away from tennis!!
Being a chinese,I am ashamed of this abnormal phenomenon!!!so Zongxuan, can you tell me why? It doesn't make sense to me. China sure wants to be more successful in tennis. They encouraged big tournaments and they seem to love this sport. So if Li Na is a talent, why don't they give her chances? Just by not liking her (political or whatever) shouldn't prevent her and the rest of the girls to play tournaments outside of China. I mean, are they idiots?:( What's going on there?

Tennisfan-Mtl
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:30 AM
Great to see her doing so well :) Quite impressive :)

zongxuan
Oct 2nd, 2004, 09:51 AM
I think i can not make you clear at some messages!!
There are more darkness in China than you can imagine!

If the athlete is not the one leaders like,he or she will be taken to force-out in no doubt!! Some leaders prefer blocking tennis's develop in china to supporting a athlete they don't like!!

In China,relationship is more important than ability!In many officials's mind,what they like,who they like,what they can acquire by themself in supporting a athlete is the basis conduct their decision!! Some of them even don't look after the benefit of the country at all!

Maybe foreigners can not believe in this "absurd" phenomenon,but it is true!!

Beat
Oct 2nd, 2004, 10:06 AM

If the athlete is not the one leaders like,he or she will be taken to force-out in no doubt!! Some leaders prefer blocking tennis's develop in china to supporting a athlete they don't like!!

In China,relationship is more important than ability!In many officials's mind,what they like,who they like,what they can acquire by themself in supporting a athlete is the basis conduct their decision!! Some of them even don't look after the benefit of the country at all!

well, actually we can, i think most of us have a bit of an idea how the chinese system works.

and if the leading men of china have a problem with li na, it means we must support her even more!

icesnow2008
Oct 2nd, 2004, 10:07 AM

you shouldn't say that, Li Na can regain , Sun Jinfang told with her so much, shi is leader of The Chinese Federation .

Doraemon
Oct 2nd, 2004, 10:13 AM
Without a doubt she will reach the top 5 by the end of next season!

zongxuan
Oct 2nd, 2004, 10:35 AM
you shouldn't say that, Li Na can regain , Sun Jinfang told with her so much, shi is leader of The Chinese Federation .

I must say i don't point at sun jinfang!

kfh_9118
Oct 2nd, 2004, 12:22 PM
Why don't they like her? Anything she did wrong in the past? :confused:

relax
Oct 2nd, 2004, 12:50 PM
there's plenty of corruption in all federations...this can't come as a shock to anybody.....if you're not friends with the right people you can get your talent destroyed.....this happens to palyers every year...li na should move to europe and get a better life if it is true what the chinese guy is telling us....

Fantastic
Oct 2nd, 2004, 02:49 PM
Na Li should become a Russian citizen. It's close by and they can travel and play wherever they want. Na Li has gone blonde, hasn't she? She'll fit right in with the Russian chicks then. ;)

Experimentee
Oct 2nd, 2004, 03:00 PM
Theres favourtism in all Federations, even in Australia its obvious who TA likes and who they hate.
But at least they dont go to the extent of blocking our players from playing tournaments overseas.
From following Chinese tennis a lot, its obvious that the Chinese Association favours Zheng, Yan, Sun and Ting Li the most. They are the ones who get all the WCs and get to travel the most, while the others hardly get a chance to leave the country at all.

Elvira
Oct 2nd, 2004, 03:12 PM
Hmm, now it is all beginning to make sense. I was wondering why the other players were getting WC's in the chinese events, and a far superior player like Na Li was forced to play qualifying. Now I know.

I think Na Li should defect to Canada, we would love to have such tennis talent! :bounce: :bounce:

kabuki
Oct 2nd, 2004, 03:26 PM
Na Li should become a Russian citizen. It's close by and they can travel and play wherever they want. Na Li has gone blonde, hasn't she? She'll fit right in with the Russian chicks then. ;)

That's orange, not blonde.

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 2nd, 2004, 03:32 PM
if Na Li really wants to piss the Chinese govt off, then going to Taiwan will be just the ticket :rolls:

Na Li will be in Aus Open maindraw on her own right.

So Sania Mirza will get the Asian Champs WC as she was the finalist :yeah: i hope so ;)

Experimentee
Oct 2nd, 2004, 03:41 PM
:haha:

She is not a top ten player, I hate to break it to you... If she proved me wrong, I'd be shocked... Any thing is possible though, I guess. :unsure:

How do you know for sure if you've never seen her play?

Experimentee
Oct 2nd, 2004, 03:45 PM
Btw she is 104 after reaching the final. That should get her in the main draw, if others dont overtake her by the end of the year.

Tripp
Oct 2nd, 2004, 04:17 PM
Giving a WC to Yan Zi was just :rolleyes:. She has done absolutely nothing in singles this year, even if she used to be pointed as the most talented of the 4 chinese girls.
I wonder if Chinese Federation will let Na Li play in Australia, considering what's said above.

Princess Fiona
Oct 2nd, 2004, 04:24 PM
Hmm, now it is all beginning to make sense. I was wondering why the other players were getting WC's in the chinese events, and a far superior player like Na Li was forced to play qualifying. Now I know.

I think Na Li should defect to Canada, we would love to have such tennis talent! :bounce: :bounce:
Or she could defect to the UK!! :bounce: ;)

I'm sorry to hear that the Chinese Federation has not been supportive to Li. I'm pleased she's been doing so well recently... :)

Congrats to her!! :bigclap: :)

Bamafan717
Oct 2nd, 2004, 06:45 PM

Go Na Liova!

pierce0415
Oct 2nd, 2004, 06:47 PM
Maybe with results like the ones she is putting up in the past 2 weeks, the Chinese government will finally have to acknowledge Na Li's potential and allow her to play on tour

Zhao
Oct 2nd, 2004, 06:48 PM
just curious what will Li Na's ranking be shd she def Sucha in the final tomorrow??? :)

Bamafan717
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:18 PM
Top 100 probably

vettipooh
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:29 PM
Somewhere in the 90's. C'mon Li Na, take your first wta title,make China proud, and go down in the history books.

Pengwin
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:45 PM
I think she's better than people like Suarez so I'd say top 20

New
Oct 3rd, 2004, 12:07 AM
just curious what will Li Na's ranking be shd she def Sucha in the final tomorrow??? :)

a very gross estimate would be 91..