PDA

View Full Version : On around the horn... (yes, it is tennis!)

twight6
Sep 30th, 2004, 08:13 PM
The question was: "Would it be worse for the players sport if the Williams sister have reached their prime or if Tiger Woods has reached his prime" and one guy said the williams cause there are a lot of young good golfers and the other guy said woods because their are a lot of young tennis players. but, the one guy told him to name one good young tennis player so he said maria sharapova and the guy said "Maria Who?" lmfao. this was before wimbledon and i was watching a tape of it the other day. did anyone see this? :lol:

j_dementieva27
Sep 30th, 2004, 08:47 PM
no, but during the third round of the us open (after maria had already played two tought three set matches) they both picked maria sharapova to bo BEYOND the semifinals, and lose to serena in the finals- later that day, maria lost to mary pierce :wavey: that shows how much those guys know about tennis

houseoflords
Sep 30th, 2004, 09:20 PM
The reporters on that show don't know anything tennis, hockey, soccer and others. They really only know hte big sports. I know the host of the show personally. I went to college with him and worked at the radio station with him. He always does his homework so he will have his facts straight even if he doesn't know. I can't say the same for the reporters