PDA

View Full Version : What is a Friend?

LostGlory
Sep 30th, 2004, 01:25 PM
What is a Friend or Friendship to you? Lets Discuss...

jochem
Sep 30th, 2004, 04:17 PM
a friend is someone that respects you for who you are and loves you the way you are. Thats probably one of the basic elements of a (good) friendship.

jimbo mack
Sep 30th, 2004, 04:22 PM
friends can be family you choose for yourselves :)

Shenanigans
Sep 30th, 2004, 04:25 PM
A true friend is someone who tells you if you look shit in something and to go change immediately!

Harju.
Sep 30th, 2004, 04:27 PM
A friend is someone that irritates you everyday and yet you love him/her endearly.

LostGlory
Sep 30th, 2004, 04:39 PM
friends can be family you choose for yourselves :)

Very well said :clap2:

M&M
Sep 30th, 2004, 06:01 PM
when everybody leaves you he stays...

LostGlory
Sep 30th, 2004, 06:11 PM
A friend is one of the nicest things you can have,
and one of the best things you can be.
A friend is a living treasure,
and if you have one, you have one of
the most valuable gifts in life.

A friend is the one who will always be beside you,
through all the laughter,
and through each and every tear.
A friend is the one thing you can always rely on;
the someone you can always open up to;
the one wonderful person who always believes
in you in a way that no one else seems to.
A friend is a sanctuary.
A friend is a smile.

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
no matter where you are,
no matter how close or far apart you may be.
A friend is someone who is always there
and will always, always care.
A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

A friend is the one door that is always open.
A friend is the one to whom you can give your key.
A friend is one of the nicest things you can have,
and one of the best things you can be.

skanky~skanketta
Sep 30th, 2004, 06:13 PM
']A friend is someone that irritates you everyday and yet you love him/her endearly.
true.

my 2 cents: they never laugh at your dreams and instead tell you to work for it or tell you one of their more ridiculous dreams at which u never laugh. did i make sense?

Momo4ever
Sep 30th, 2004, 06:28 PM
A simple friend has never seen you cry.
A real friend has shoulders soggy from your tears

Emola
Sep 30th, 2004, 06:37 PM
true.

my 2 cents: they never laugh at your dreams and instead tell you to work for it or tell you one of their more ridiculous dreams at which u never laugh. did i make sense?
yep. My best friend and I were discussing our wildest dreams yesterday and we both knew that however crazy they are, we would encourage and support each other all the way.

Anyway, a friend (based on my experience) is someone who will accept you for who you are, someone who you can laugh with and talk to and know they will always be there for you. Friends tend to laugh at my crushes aswell :p :sad: I have no idea why though!!

skanky~skanketta
Sep 30th, 2004, 06:57 PM
yeah, adn they think the guys i like are ugly as hell....

Emola
Sep 30th, 2004, 07:00 PM
yeah, adn they think the guys i like are ugly as hell....
but we know its us with the taste, and them with the problem....;) My mate told me that the lad I have liked for about a year is a gimp :sad: pffft, no idea at all lol.

LostGlory
Oct 1st, 2004, 08:08 AM
A simple friend has never seen you cry.
A real friend has shoulders soggy from your tears

a person you know well and regard with affection and trust

rand
Oct 1st, 2004, 08:17 AM
a friend is someone who, when you tell him you killed someone, will ask for a shovel to bury the body without asking questions...

elena_k
Oct 1st, 2004, 09:16 AM
A friend in need is a friend indeed....

Momo4ever
Oct 1st, 2004, 09:20 AM
a person you know well and regard with affection and trust

A simple friend brings a bottle of wine to your party. A real friend comes early to help you cook and stays late to help you clean.

rand
Oct 1st, 2004, 09:22 AM
A friend in need is a friend indeed....
a friend with weed is better :drool:

Megli
Oct 1st, 2004, 01:32 PM
A friend is someone who respects you the way you are. A friend is someone who's there for you if you need to talk, but also someone who won't ask questions if you don't need to talk (true friendship comes when silence between two people is comfortable). A friend is someone you can trust somebody who you can tell secrets.

And always remember to forget the friends that proved untrue. But never forget to remember those that stuck with you.

You find out who your best friends are as soon as you get some problems in your life. Coz your best friends don't mind what you did, what you do or what's going on in your life. They'll see you as the person you are and they'll love you the way you are.

Helen Lawson
Oct 1st, 2004, 01:35 PM
Someone who doesn't try to steal my man and doesn't mind talking just about me.

elena_k
Oct 1st, 2004, 05:38 PM
a friend with weed is better :drool:

Well,I haven't "seen" that aspect..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

skanky~skanketta
Oct 1st, 2004, 06:25 PM
i like this thread.

a good friend is one that gives it to ur face when u need it.

is one that comes to ur house when you're not there, opens the fridge and helps themselves to whatever they want without feeling shy or embarrassed about it.

is one that doesn't mind doing the grossest things in front of u, like pinking their nose, putting their finger on their tongue and rubbing it on ur face. (yes bella u bitch!i'm talking about u whore!)

is never offended no matter what u say cuz they know u only mean the best.

is one that can come to your mom and bawl their eyes out cuz of something u did to hurt them.

is one that knows everything about you and ur family and the entire history.

is one that no matter how exhausted or tired they are, will still come shopping with u just so that they can keep u company.

bella, ridah, karen, eve, neeta, i love u guys.

Evelyn Tremble
Oct 1st, 2004, 07:23 PM
A friend in need is a pest - Arthur E Daley.

LostGlory
Oct 2nd, 2004, 05:53 PM
A friend in need is a pest - Arthur E Daley.

I didn't get that one?

Evelyn Tremble
Oct 3rd, 2004, 04:36 PM
Sorry but sometimes there’s just no explanation or reason to my posting. I heard this saying from my favourite television show called ‘Minder’.
Now I have heard that old adage - a friend in need is a friend indeed. I’m not sure I truly believed it or even understood it. I wondered why in the world someone who is in need should be considered a true friend. I tended to agree with the wag who changed it to ‘a friend in need is a pest’. I suppose that the original version meant that a friend to ’you’ when ’you’ are in need is a friend indeed.

elena_k
Oct 3rd, 2004, 07:08 PM
well,what's the point of having "friends",always having fun and joking,when knowing that when you are in trouble they will not be around???that's why I used the saying:a friend in need is a friend indeed.
but we must not forget that a true friend should also be happy with your happiness,avoiding jealoussy and envy.

jenny161185
Oct 3rd, 2004, 07:13 PM
A friend is someone who will not judge you and will always be able to cheer you up!!

elena_k
Oct 3rd, 2004, 07:45 PM
well,I don't agree with the not judjing thing.personally I only take judjement from my friends because they really know me and they will make me see if I'm doing sth wrong.plus,I don't like being judjed from people who don't care for me....

LostGlory
Oct 4th, 2004, 07:49 AM
There is a big difference between judging and Advise, sometimes people judge because of a deffect in their personalities rather than the reality of the situation...

rand
Oct 4th, 2004, 08:24 AM
Well,I haven't "seen" that aspect..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
(it's a "placebo" line ;) )

elena_k
Oct 4th, 2004, 01:44 PM
(it's a "placebo" line ;) )

;) ;)

Truthwillout
Oct 4th, 2004, 03:23 PM
Friends are people you can count on an atrociously mutilated hand

MisterQ
Oct 4th, 2004, 03:47 PM
Among other things... A good friend truly wants you to be happy and well, even if they themselves would do things differently than you.

I was talking to an old professor whom I consider a friend lately, and it occurred to me that he was critical or had an opinion of some sort on everything I did. Never did he say, "that's great, I'm glad you're happy" or anything along those lines, and that bothered me.