PDA

View Full Version : Austrias tennis goes nowhere

Xian
Sep 30th, 2004, 02:07 PM
After the possible retirement of Babsi Schett and a Babsi Schwartz who is injured again Austrias women tennis goes nowhere.
Also Nina Egger, Kati Wolner, Susanne Filipp and after this season Nadine Schlotterer and Evelyn Fauth retired or will retire

So there is a Patricia Wartusch who is out of the top 200 and playing only Challengers anymore. A Tina Schiechtl who was top 250 at the beginning of the season who will fall out of the top 500 after this week. "´Super-talent" Dani Kix who plays 9 or 10 tournaments a year. The Klemenschitz twins who stagnate in their progress. The "oldies" Stefanie Haidner and Nicole Melch, not sure about those two. The nearly "bagel-girls" Andrea Hofinger, Birgit Ritschka and Annamaria Miller and the wannabe model Evamaria Hoch.

So who else is there? Sybille Bammer who has a daughter and I dont know how long she will play. Yvonne Meusburger the biggest hope so far. Nicole Remis who has much talent but hardly shows it and maybe in 4 or 5 years Tamira Paszek and Steffi Rath

your opinions :wavey:

GoDominique
Sep 30th, 2004, 02:13 PM
Barbara Schwartz injured again :speakles:

Beate Reinstadler should come back ;)

ChrisGermany
Sep 30th, 2004, 02:26 PM
What´s the injury of Babsi Schwartz ??????

Xian
Sep 30th, 2004, 02:37 PM
What´s the injury of Babsi Schwartz ??????
ellbow

yes we should start a official "we want Boo-Boo Beate back" thread

BEATE YOU ROCK :drool: :drool: :hatoff: :hatoff:

Hagar
Sep 30th, 2004, 02:45 PM
On the men's side, things seem to be better with Melzer having a very good season.

spiceboy
Sep 30th, 2004, 07:37 PM
your opinions :wavey:
You forgot about Jenny, Xian ;)

Probably Dani Kix read this thread and decided to bright up things a little for you :lol: :lol:

Xian
Sep 30th, 2004, 10:14 PM
You forgot about Jenny, Xian ;)

Probably Dani Kix read this thread and decided to bright up things a little for you :lol: :lol:
I really love Jenny but I doubt she will ever crack the top 300;)

smarties
Sep 30th, 2004, 11:50 PM
I think it really is a shame especially for Babsi Schwartz who really had the ttalent to become a strong top 20 plyer.

What about Sylvia Pliscke, I loved her game especially on clay, she retired way too soon.

I wonder how many young austrian players are in the top 100 in juniors???