PDA

View Full Version : WTA Ameliorations

MrSerenaWilliams
Sep 30th, 2004, 07:02 AM
Here is the post for things you would like to see changed in the WTA.

POSITIVE COMMENTS ONLY. All cynical and negative posters will recieve negative rep. points.

MrSerenaWilliams
Sep 30th, 2004, 07:05 AM
I'd like to see the WTA Championship final, along with Tier I finals and Grand Slam Finals, be best 3 out of 5 sets, not just 2 of 3.

switz
Sep 30th, 2004, 07:42 AM
i would change nothing besides chanda rubin being guaranteed a top 10 position no matter her points.

esquímaux
Sep 30th, 2004, 08:18 AM
:yawn:

Mariangelina
Sep 30th, 2004, 10:15 AM
More mixed doubles, and maybe have rankings. Mixed doubles is fun.

Make some rule making top 20 players play a certain number of doubles events. Regular doubles is fun too.

Make some extensive knowledge and verbal skills test for former players who wish to commentate. Tracy Austin is not fun.

Lemonskin.
Sep 30th, 2004, 10:44 AM
Abolish the cap on how many tourneys younger players can play.

azmad_88
Sep 30th, 2004, 11:07 AM
make a camera or a tv or wateve 4 the umpire to see the close calls
this is very important
so the players will shut up
sometimes
they argue something that is out
but SOMETIMES
and what serena did was correct
she deserved the point so much!!
argHH!!!!!

lindsayno1
Sep 30th, 2004, 12:38 PM
i agree, womens finals should be out of 4/5 sets. people like the williams sisters, davenport etc could cope with that

Kelly
Sep 30th, 2004, 12:47 PM
the season end should be joint with the mens...the womens attendances at the season end are shocking....it was aflop in munich...LA doesnt care..it should have stayed in new york....or be played in a major city in a different country each year but they to promote it more which if someone isnt a huge tennis fan they are not going to know aout it. the wta moan that players need to promote the sport more but wta need to promote the players for it to work.

kabuki
Sep 30th, 2004, 02:00 PM
Shortened season
Increased participation in Tier 1's by the top 20
Return Fed Cup to a one week event
Lengthen Grass season (move RG up one week, Wimbledon back one week)
INSTANT REPLAY

martirogi
Sep 30th, 2004, 03:11 PM
join the tier 1s into a tennis master series type thing

TomTennis
Sep 30th, 2004, 03:31 PM
tier 1 finals 3/5 sets.

NO--- dont let the umpires have instant repley tv's, this will take away the "ohh.was it in or not" and all the arguements between players and umpires, why people want to take away the only thing that attratcs people to watch the sport is beyond me!

join mens and womens championsips together...how grea would it be if both were in China this year. ....the chines are crazy tennis fans!!!

MrSerenaWilliams
Oct 1st, 2004, 03:58 AM
Everyone, for the most part, has had some GREAT IDEAS!! Good job!

Lemonskin.
Oct 1st, 2004, 04:02 AM
A lot more grass events!!! For mine, grass is the best surface! It's the most traditional!!! The players could be made to wear white at all grass events too.

AjdeNate!
Oct 1st, 2004, 04:04 AM
Masters Series type events for Tier Is, which ALL top players are entered.
Get rid of byes.
Move YEC to rotating, non-already-tennis-tournament-having cities.
More marketing of the game and it's rivals, not just it's tennistas of the moment.

And my #1 thing:
Put commit/entry lists on WTATour.com website so all player's schedules can be known with easy reference. Make them available to the vox populi.

Mr_Molik
Oct 1st, 2004, 06:17 AM
i agree with more grass tourneys and 3 out of 5 sets in slam and tier one finals

Gowza
Oct 1st, 2004, 06:21 AM
more mixed doubles, less byes, longer grass season. and i reckon the indoor tournaments should be all carpet because we already have enough hardcourt tournaments, why not make it a bit more interesting and add another surface to the tour.