PDA

View Full Version : Will Daniela Alexandra or Anna K win a title first?

Cybelle Darkholme
Mar 15th, 2002, 02:54 AM
Pick a Player!!!

AjdeNate!
Mar 15th, 2002, 02:57 AM
Good topic. I could answer very politely and debate pros and cons to each topic.... or I could be like a lot of the other posters and just turn this into a negative hate thread... Hmmmm, lemme think.....

DHan will, but not necessarily Indian Wells.

Cybelle Darkholme
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:00 AM
Im not so sure. she regrouped well after the first set and then stayed strong. she could have hit a downward spiral and lost the whole thing. I think she will give martina a hard time, at least more than what seles did tonight.

Candy946
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:02 AM
I thought Anna already won 1 title this year. :confused:

Volcana
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:04 AM
Stevenson. Becasue she's going to be playing in the smaller events, while I expect Daniela to make all the higher ranked ones now. So I'm sayiung I expect Alex to win a TIer IV before Dani wins a Tier II.

Jordan.
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:06 AM
Dani will win her first title!:)

Cybelle Darkholme
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:06 AM
thats a good assesment. A title is a title no matter where it comes from its bound to inspire confidence! I personally think anna should just find some tier X or should i say tier XXX and try her luck there.

aura of daniela
Mar 15th, 2002, 04:34 AM
I think Daniela will.
Her form is just better at the moment.
Anna lost her chance a few weeks back, and will find it hard to win anything in my opinion that have the top 10 players playing.
Not sure about Stevenson, but like someone else said, it depends on the strength of the fields they play against, and I don't think Dani will play many smaller tournament like the other will now that she has had the taste of the big time this week.
It could be pot luck though.

If the question was who would have the higher ranking, at the end of the season, Daniela definitely will, because more point are available in the bigger tournaments.

Simon

Dawn Marie
Mar 15th, 2002, 05:11 AM
Alex will imho. She just seems like she is getting MENATLLY STRONGER with each match.

She just seems like she really wants a title and BAD!:-)

marshmellow
Mar 15th, 2002, 06:10 AM
i actually see miss stevenson winning one ahead of both anna and daniela. i even think anna would be the las out of these three :sad:

TeeRexx
Mar 15th, 2002, 09:51 AM
I personally think anna should just find some tier X or should i say tier XXX and try her luck there.

Cybella - That was damned funny! :p

However, to answer your question, it seems real close between Alex and Daniella. They have both made finals this year, so I will be better able to answer this question after she plays Hingis and if she plays Sergio's babe well, then the nod will go to her.

Of course, if she wins then I will pass on a response. :p

What I am most curious about is if/when Alex and Daniella meet up in a match who will win the first encounter. I think that would be a memorable encounter.

Lola
Mar 15th, 2002, 01:36 PM
DANI, of course!!! She will win it this year, I suppose.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Meesh
Mar 15th, 2002, 02:51 PM
ALEX, she was close in Memphis. Daniela will be the second and probably Maja Matevzic will be the third. My sentimental favorite would be for Tamarine Tanasugarn to win her first title this year!

Light-skinned Girl
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:00 PM
Anna because I believe her game and mental strength are finally coming together.

saby
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:01 PM
Daniela will win first I think, she has one chance this WE !!

:angel: :angel: :angel:

apoet29
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:31 PM
It's hard to say when any one will win their first title. So many different conditions must be in place in order for a win to happen.

I think Daniela, depending on her performance tomorrow, has a great chance to win her first title this year. She has performed well in this tournament and unless nerves get the best of her, we could see quite a match from her on Saturday. But she definantly has the game to win big, if she can hold it together.

I have been delighted with Alex's progress since last fall. She has really made a lot of progress with her game and seems to be taking her tennis much more seriously than before. Alex's shot selection, footwork and serve have improved greatly over the last few months and she has fought hard in every match she has played this year, something she did not do before. Alex has a good chance during the grass court season to pick up a title there.

I don't know what to say about Anna that hasn't been said ad nauseum for the last five years. Anna has an all court game to win on any surface; however, her shot selection, poor decision making on the court, her serve and most of all her mental state have held her back considerably. Until Anna makes some drastic changes to her game (this includes getting a coach), I do not see her winning any titles this year. Bolletari is right. Anna needs to make some changes soon or she will be left behind.:sad:

Personally, it would be my hope to see all three of these talented ladies win this year! :)

angele87
Mar 15th, 2002, 04:26 PM
Out of those three players, Daniela will win a title first although I highly doubt it'll be Indian Wells!

TatiAnnahølic
Mar 15th, 2002, 04:44 PM
ANNA K :kiss:

Benny
Mar 16th, 2002, 05:51 AM
Tammy will beat all of them to it:):)

exoneuk
Mar 16th, 2002, 11:10 AM
I would love to say it will be Anna but she seems to get a bad draw and lose 2nd round to Venus (I think it was twice already this year!!!!!!!!!) so if she manages to get a good draw and plays her best then she has every chance

But it'll be Daniella cos she play good :D Oh yes :D

Alex is good too... I bet she'll get it right after...