PDA

View Full Version : CHINA will have a Bright Future of Tennis!

Buitenzorg
Sep 30th, 2004, 04:11 AM
Zheng, Na Li, Ting Li, Shuai Peng, and more :)

I am sure China will have a bright future of tennis :)

Buitenzorg
Sep 30th, 2004, 04:12 AM
Good to see the competition is getting toughest! :)

Buitenzorg
Sep 30th, 2004, 04:12 AM
They would have at least 5 players on TOP 100 soon , I reckon!

Buitenzorg
Sep 30th, 2004, 04:13 AM
I am so exciting too see Chinesse players are doing very well lately :bounce:

Buitenzorg
Sep 30th, 2004, 04:17 AM
Round 2 result @ GUONGZHOU

Shuai PENG def (4) Marion BARTOLI 6-1 6-0 :eek:

Ting LI def Nicole PRATT 6-2 6-0 :eek:

jackielan2000
Sep 30th, 2004, 04:22 AM
Yes, but not in the near future. Na Li's return is a good news. She used to be the No.1 figure in the women's tennis of China before she injured and handed the place to Jie Zheng. Jie Zheng is not a talented tennis player at all. She's too short, under strength and slow in movement. Her achievment in French Open was rather by luck than by ability. However, Na Li's play was really encouraging in China Open and other recent tournaments. She's tall, fast and aggresive. The only problem with her is her emotion. If she can hold her temper, she will rise way above what Zheng achieved.

clonesheep
Sep 30th, 2004, 04:24 AM
Round 2 result @ GUONGZHOU

Shuai PENG def (4) Marion BARTOLI 6-1 6-0 :eek:

Ting LI def Nicole PRATT 6-2 6-0 :eek:

Looks suspicious to me. I just recall a post a while back about a Turkish WTA player's experience in Chinese challengers. She said in those small Chinese tournies linesmen are severely biased (in favor of Chinese players of course) and umpires penalize non-Chinese players for no reason. Let's hope that's not the case here.

However, I must say that the bigger tournaments, Beijing this year and Shanghai last year, appear to be well-organized and don't suffer such problems. But, at the same time, Chinese players haven't done well in those big tournies.

jackielan2000
Sep 30th, 2004, 04:27 AM
well, in China Open, those linesmen did commit a lot of errors (fortunately most were corrected by chair umpires)

clonesheep
Sep 30th, 2004, 04:32 AM
well, in China Open, those linesmen did commit a lot of errors (fortunately most were corrected by chair umpires)

Yes, I think China Open has been quite well organized without major problems in refereering. I was only commenting on smaller tournaments.

pierce0415
Sep 30th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Yes China certainly does have a great future in these ladies and probably even more so in the young girls that are now starting to pick up racquets after watching Ting Li / Sun Tian Tian get the Olympic Gold.

As for the current crop I predict:

Zheng - Not much power - Top 40 at best
Na Li - Top 10 !!!
Shuai Peng - Top 20 if she puts her game together
Sun Tian Tian - Top 100
Ting Li - Not sure
Yan Zi - Top 75 but needs to improve her serve
Liu Nan Nan - Top 100

Rafe306
Sep 30th, 2004, 03:15 PM
Yea these chinese players are up and comming..and what's amazing is that their still pretty young and have many more years on the tour to kick ass!!

Experimentee
Sep 30th, 2004, 03:31 PM
Yes they certainly have a bright future. If you look at the Chinese players rankings, they've all improved from last year by a lot, except for Zi Yan. But they need to have better schedules, sometimes their crappy schedule holds them back.

I disagree with Zheng being untalented, she definitely is talented and has more power than you think off the ground, however her serve isnt that powerful, but you cant expect much when shes only 5'4".

The tournament where the umpire favoured the Chinese players was in Wulanhuote, which had a very bad reputation this year, but no other tournament seems to be like that. The mens and womens tournaments in big cities like Beijing and Shanghai have all received very good reports from the players.

brunof
Sep 30th, 2004, 03:59 PM
Yes, but not in the near future. Na Li's return is a good news. She used to be the No.1 figure in the women's tennis of China before she injured and handed the place to Jie Zheng. Jie Zheng is not a talented tennis player at all. She's too short, under strength and slow in movement. Her achievment in French Open was rather by luck than by ability. However, Na Li's play was really encouraging in China Open and other recent tournaments. She's tall, fast and aggresive. The only problem with her is her emotion. If she can hold her temper, she will rise way above what Zheng achieved.
One must give credit to Zheng, she has definately raised the bar, as far as rankings, and achievements, by reaching by becoming the first Chinese player to reach the fourth round. (Was it just me, or when Zheng reached the 3rd round, everyone announced her as the last person since Fang Li to do so at a Grand Slam. Shouldn't it have been Jing-Qian Li the Aussie Open, 00?)

Magic number is 36...I hope someone reaches it soon! :) GO CHINA!

ex hopman
Oct 1st, 2004, 03:14 AM
it's nice to see Na Li's doing great lately!! :)

Hant Hant
Oct 1st, 2004, 03:42 AM
Yes, I agree. China is coming along quite nicely. They even WON THE OLYMPIC GOLD MEDAL IN DOUBLES. YAY for them!

AkademiQ
Oct 1st, 2004, 03:51 AM
More positives for women's tennis.

Buitenzorg
Oct 1st, 2004, 05:29 AM
:)