PDA

View Full Version : Amelie the real #1? Henin comments....

Greenout
Sep 30th, 2004, 02:38 AM
Taken from press conference interview 9/28/2004
Namur, Belgium presented by Siemens.

Amelie Mauresmo has not won a grand slam in 2004, yet
she's the new number #1?

JHH: I told myself this year that I could be #1 by being in
semi finals in grand slams. But, Amelie was the consistent
player this year. She deserved to become the new #1.
Frankly, I didn't care much to lose that number 1 spot, I enjoy
tennis as much as being #1, that doesn't change. I'm happy
that I passed it onto to Amelie, because she's someone I
appreciate and respect alot. To become number 1 is very
special in a career, and I'm happy she get's to experience
that too.

Shenanigans
Sep 30th, 2004, 02:46 AM
She shows such class, modesty and respect.

AjdeNate!
Sep 30th, 2004, 02:47 AM
:yeah: Allez Juju... now get it back! lol

Stamp Paid
Sep 30th, 2004, 02:56 AM
I didnt know Justine Henin-Hardenne could be so endearing. :)

Linnie
Sep 30th, 2004, 03:19 AM
Justine :worship:

Emptiness
Sep 30th, 2004, 03:25 AM
Hah i was expecting something different.
Nice comment. :)

sabandborg
Sep 30th, 2004, 03:34 AM
Justine and class in the same sentence is just plain wrong.

Crazy Canuck
Sep 30th, 2004, 03:35 AM
I didnt know Justine Henin-Hardenne could be so endearing. :)
You probably just haven't been paying enough attention. Or you have, but it's been selective.

spartanfan
Sep 30th, 2004, 03:44 AM
Hate to explain this to you sweetie, but you didn't pass anything on to Amelie, she took it from your arse.

bmxbandit
Sep 30th, 2004, 04:01 AM
Both of you, grow up.

Knizzle
Sep 30th, 2004, 04:48 AM
What was she supposed to say??

tenn_ace
Sep 30th, 2004, 04:49 AM
Juju :worship: :kiss: :kiss:

Momo :worship: :kiss: :kiss:

Stefwhit
Sep 30th, 2004, 05:09 AM
if it's a nice comment then it's either
a. a lie
b. a definite sign of class
c. said because she doesn't feel threatned by Amelie, in the back of her mind she knows she can take her down- this of course allows her to be complimentary toward her opponent
d. the truth and nothing more- some people on this board love disecting absolutely nothing just to hear themselves talk

if it's negative
a. then she's refreshingly honest
b. simply jealous
c. a homophob
d. trashy- since it's the opposite of classy and classy people only say nice things
e. the truth and nothing more- some people on this board love disecting absolutely nothing just to hear themselves talk

Buitenzorg
Sep 30th, 2004, 05:15 AM
what a nice comment....Justine :)

You are true #1 as well :)

Stamp Paid
Sep 30th, 2004, 05:21 AM
You probably just haven't been paying enough attention. Or you have, but it's been selective. LMBAO, so between the gamesmanship, the unscrupulousness, and the coaching during matches, Justine Henin-Hardenne is a wonderful, gracious champion, yet Serena, who does none of those things, is an arrogant rude bitch 100% of the time.

LMBAO.

switz
Sep 30th, 2004, 05:37 AM
god you people need to get a life

sabandborg
Sep 30th, 2004, 05:44 AM
LMBAO, so between the gamesmanship, the unscrupulousness, and the coaching during matches, Justine Henin-Hardenne is a wonderful, gracious champion, yet Serena, who does none of those things, is an arrogant rude bitch 100% of the time.

LMBAO.

:haha: The irony is rich!

Are you a gambling type of poster? Well even if you aint, pick the most likely response.
a.) I never said ,etc
b.) Who ever said, etc
c.) Justine never cheated, etc
d.) Hey, she's kinda French in France, etc
e.) But Serena is, etc
f.) Justine made a mistake but, etc
g.) none of the above

I'd put my my money on a or b

Ekkekko
Sep 30th, 2004, 06:32 AM
LOL! I type silly.

Shenanigans rejoiner was much more clever!

Try again?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/meingott/trollssign.gif

Ekkekko
Sep 30th, 2004, 06:34 AM
Great comments by JuJu :yeah:
Thanks Greenout! :yippee:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/meingott/thewave.gif

Momo4ever
Sep 30th, 2004, 06:39 AM
I just love the pictures and the little characters you use YAGIM!!!!:) how do you do that stuff????

galadriel
Sep 30th, 2004, 06:52 AM
Justine :kiss:

LucasArg
Sep 30th, 2004, 07:55 AM
Sorry but I don´t eat it.

Honey
Sep 30th, 2004, 08:21 AM
Great comment Justine! I love her and Amelie. And I agree, Amelie deserves #1.

CooCooCachoo
Sep 30th, 2004, 08:29 AM
Nice comments :bigclap:

irma
Sep 30th, 2004, 08:35 AM
funny how Justine is suddenly in the news a lot this week :lol: (no I am not bashing because that's the way it works in management land)

azmad_88
Sep 30th, 2004, 08:42 AM
amelie snatched it from her rite..
she shouldnt have said pass on
although she didnt play
but amelie did get that herself
good comments thoug

The Crow
Sep 30th, 2004, 08:55 AM
It's obvious that she likes Amelie, so kinda expected comments.

The Crow
Sep 30th, 2004, 08:56 AM
she shouldnt have said pass on

She probably didn't (I'm guessing the press conference was in French?)

Crazy Canuck
Sep 30th, 2004, 09:29 AM
She probably didn't (I'm guessing the press conference was in French?)
You don't really expect these people to understand the complexities of language translation, do you?

Crazy Canuck
Sep 30th, 2004, 09:30 AM
LMBAO, so between the gamesmanship, the unscrupulousness, and the coaching during matches, Justine Henin-Hardenne is a wonderful, gracious champion, yet Serena, who does none of those things, is an arrogant rude bitch 100% of the time.

LMBAO.
Unless I was talking about Serena, and I was not, it's awfully stupid to quote me and then ramble off like this, isn't it? Save it for when it's relevant; don't waste it on me.

Lady
Sep 30th, 2004, 11:04 AM
Well, knowing how much she likes Amelie, that was expected, and that's the truth! ;)

Lady
Sep 30th, 2004, 11:07 AM
a. a lie
c. said because she doesn't feel threatned by Amelie, in the back of her mind she knows she can take her down- this of course allows her to be complimentary toward her opponent
d. the truth and nothing more- some people on this board love disecting absolutely nothing just to hear themselves talk

if it's negative
b. simply jealous
c. a homophob
d. trashy- since it's the opposite of classy and classy people only say nice things
e. the truth and nothing more- some people on this board love disecting absolutely nothing just to hear themselves talk

Thanks for that! :lol:

Mariangelina
Sep 30th, 2004, 11:25 AM
:worship: @ Stefwhit, who covered all the usual responses.

I don't care how many times Justine has used less-than-exemplary on-court manners, that doesn't make her an evil person whose every move has malicious intent. :rolleyes: Very nice comments from her, though not that surprising because they're friends. :D

fifiricci
Sep 30th, 2004, 12:15 PM
If this is an extract issued by the BBC, it should be disregarded, because apparently thte BBC is a crap organisation that has NOT been reporting impartially on the planet better than anyone else for the past 70 years and the BBC is also institutionally anti-Justine!:p

Greenout
Sep 30th, 2004, 12:18 PM
If this is an extract issued by the BBC, it should be disregarded, because apparently thte BBC is a crap organisation that has NOT been reporting impartially on the planet better than anyone else for the past 70 years and the BBC is also institutionally anti-Justine!:p

This quote is taken from her official website, from her official
press conference in Namur Belgium, dated 9/28/2004
brought to you by Siemens.

faste5683
Sep 30th, 2004, 12:29 PM
What was she supposed to say??

:haha:

:rolleyes:

Well, I suppose she could have said that if she wasn't feeling 9 trillion levels below "her best", she would never have relinquished the number one spot.

:wavey:

The Crow
Sep 30th, 2004, 12:38 PM
It's a known fact that most Brits don't know anything about tennis. The BBC included :p

Greenout
Sep 30th, 2004, 12:45 PM

Well, I suppose she could have said that if she wasn't feeling 9 trillion levels below "her best", she would never have relinquished the number one spot.

Well..the interview was originally in French. Maybe the
translation got lost from French into Flemish into English?.

So, what she really said was... ;)

"WTF??? When did this happen? I was sick! Nobody told moi!"
http://www.lalibre.be/pict_articles/pict_58702.jpg

propi
Sep 30th, 2004, 12:49 PM
Good Justine :yeah:

boggs570
Sep 30th, 2004, 12:59 PM

I have to agree with you on that one. I don't even know if the girl can spell class.

boggs570
Sep 30th, 2004, 01:10 PM
:worship: @ Stefwhit, who covered all the usual responses.

I don't care how many times Justine has used less-than-exemplary on-court manners, that doesn't make her an evil person whose every move has malicious intent. :rolleyes: Very nice comments from her, though not that surprising because they're friends. :D

How do you know they are friends and do you know the definition of a friend. You people want the players to be friends so that the slightest "positive" thing they say about an opponent and then all of a sudden they are friends. Jhh could never be friends with anyone she's just not a nice person and not to be trusted. Sorry, but she is just not friendship material.

The Crow
Sep 30th, 2004, 01:31 PM
:lol: Stupidity rules once again on this board :tape: (must remember that one "Justine isn't friendship material" :lol: )

Greenout
Sep 30th, 2004, 01:36 PM
:lol: Stupidity rules once again on this board :tape: (must remember that one "Justine isn't friendship material" :lol: )

I can't stand it!

*Karen*
Sep 30th, 2004, 01:37 PM
It's a nice comment. Whether Justine meant it or not doesn't really matter. It shows that she isn't going to act like a jealous bitch.

Gerri
Sep 30th, 2004, 01:58 PM
Very nice comments from Justine, they seem to be friends so she probably means it :)

Joana
Sep 30th, 2004, 01:58 PM
Damn, Justine, you shouldn't be saying nice things! Are you trying to lose your reputation or what??? :fiery:

Bероника
Sep 30th, 2004, 01:59 PM
Nice comments by Justine :worship:

griffin
Sep 30th, 2004, 02:11 PM
How do you know they are friends and do you know the definition of a friend.

Perhaps as a Momo fan, Mariangelina has read interviews where Momo has called Justine a friend? Maybe just maybe someone knows something you don't?

:tape:

Nice to see Momo getting a little support, though I'm not surprised either that she got it from Justine.

SJW
Sep 30th, 2004, 02:15 PM
It's obvious that she likes Amelie, so kinda expected comments.

exactly. nothing special. :)

upperkut
Sep 30th, 2004, 02:40 PM
:D :devil: ;) haters will always dismiss any positivity coming from their object of hatred, what's so surprising about that? very classy from Justine and very crassy from some posters, as expected

SerenaSlam
Sep 30th, 2004, 02:44 PM
but to me that also shows you how "un important" the player feel about the number 1 ranking. and it tells me that they "know" that you don't even have to win to get there, you can consitently loose in later rounds, and be considered the number 1 player :rolleyes:

Sonja
Sep 30th, 2004, 02:47 PM
Justine and Amélie have both used the word friend in relationship to each other in the past..

I don't see the bfd.

Nice comment from Justine but not unexpected.

griffin
Sep 30th, 2004, 02:49 PM
but to me that also shows you how "un important" the player feel about the number 1 ranking. and it tells me that they "know" that you don't even have to win to get there, you can consitently loose in later rounds, and be considered the number 1 player :rolleyes:

yes, that's why Justine called it a special achievment in one's career ;)

swiss
Sep 30th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Justine :worship:
Amélie :rocker:
:nerner: for the haters

BlackMoriah
Sep 30th, 2004, 05:07 PM

She might not have won a Grandslam but she did win other tournaments. Also the fact that she has been consistent speaks for itself. This will also encourage top players to play other smaller tournaments and not just big ones. Top players have the tendency to take appearance fees and crash out of smaller tournaments and try to perform well during Grandslams. If this behaviour is encouraged, smaller tournaments would be useless.

Experimentee
Sep 30th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Shes being nice because Amelie is one of her closest friends on tour. Shes hardly going to say anything disparaging about her.

Allez-H
Sep 30th, 2004, 05:14 PM
So,in the eyes of all the haters down here,Justine just should've said that that stupid bitch only got it because she was out for so long and if she'd been there she would've kicked her butt time after time and she would've never even gotten close to that spot...You know,just to keep it real ;)

Allez-H
Sep 30th, 2004, 05:17 PM
How do you know they are friends and do you know the definition of a friend. You people want the players to be friends so that the slightest "positive" thing they say about an opponent and then all of a sudden they are friends. Jhh could never be friends with anyone she's just not a nice person and not to be trusted. Sorry, but she is just not friendship material.
Probably cuz Justine mentioned it tons of times that she only has two 'true' friends on the tour en they are:Nathalie D and Amelie :rolleyes:

Crazy Canuck
Sep 30th, 2004, 05:36 PM
:haha: :yeah:

-Sonic-
Sep 30th, 2004, 05:46 PM

:lol: :devil: :lol:

:devil:

Joana
Sep 30th, 2004, 05:59 PM

Justine is original, she would never come up with an already used quote. :rolleyes: ;)

jacobruiz
Sep 30th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Justine!:)

Some players can't say anything without it being dissected and twisted into something to be criticised.

And that isn't just true of Serena!;)

Justeenium
Sep 30th, 2004, 06:26 PM

you have 25 posts plus you disabled your reputation. and many of those 25 are meant to start fights.

It's quite obvious you've been banned before

Justeenium
Sep 30th, 2004, 06:27 PM
So,in the eyes of all the haters down here,Justine just should've said that that stupid bitch only got it because she was out for so long and if she'd been there she would've kicked her butt time after time and she would've never even gotten close to that spot...You know,just to keep it real ;)

I wonder if she wouldn't be criticized if she said something like that

ptkten
Sep 30th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Well I really didn't expect anything else since Justine and Amelie are very close friends.
It might have been different if it was someone she wasn't friends with was taking over the spot :p

Hant Hant
Sep 30th, 2004, 07:21 PM
Justine will always be #1 in my heart. And all those people who badmouthed Justine, stop being so jealous of homegirl, bringin that shit up in here. You betta take it back to the dumpster where you were procreated, fool!

harloo
Sep 30th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Well I really didn't expect anything else since Justine and Amelie are very close friends.
It might have been different if it was someone she wasn't friends with was taking over the spot :p
:bigclap: :clap2:

kiekeboe
Sep 30th, 2004, 07:54 PM
This is so Justine! :)

If you all don't believe it, I don't mind ;) because I know where she stands and she knows it too :)

tennnisfannn
Sep 30th, 2004, 08:36 PM
Every ex no.1 has been complimentary towards the next in conferences. Players just have to be a lot more cautious now coz the no.1 is mentioned along with being slamless. the same was said of Kim and players are forced to 'justify' the being no.1. The media won't let this rest of course and will probably be asking that of every player.

venusfan
Sep 30th, 2004, 09:20 PM
Justine just won herself another fan unless she's playing a Williams sister

jenny161185
Sep 30th, 2004, 10:37 PM
Go jUju now take to number one spot back - cant wait for RG next year!

lindsayno1
Sep 30th, 2004, 10:45 PM
she would have BLATENTLY been gutted to lose the no1 spot in the world, but it was nice of her to say that about amelie. now move over for davenport!!!! lol

flyingmachine
Sep 30th, 2004, 11:49 PM
Justine. :worship:

MinnyGophers
Oct 1st, 2004, 04:21 AM
Justine and Amelie defintely are friends. They are very close and they hang out a lot during tournaments and stuff.
I think I saw a lot of pics with them having fun together ( and with other people).
I think Justine is much closer to the French players than to anybody else, probably because they're the only ones with whom she can talk French.
Very classy from her, and haters, just keep out of this thread.
Go worship your own fav, and let us worship our own.

SerialKiller#69
Oct 1st, 2004, 05:12 AM
I guess a lot of you guys here are disappointed that she didn't say something else. Like, 'what the fuck? that bitch!!!'

go justine! glad to know she respects amelie.

fifiricci
Oct 1st, 2004, 09:17 AM
I guess a lot of you guys here are disappointed that she didn't say something else. Like, 'what the fuck? that bitch!!!'

go justine! glad to know she respects amelie.No, but let's be honest here, that's most likely what she was thinking, "friend" or no "friend"! :devil:

And why should we give Justine so many brownie points for "respecting" Amelie, as though its some kind of huge favour? Surely, all the top players should repsect each other. As we've seen from the results this year, there's not a lot between them, so I don't think anyone is in a position to think that they are head and shoulders above anyone else atm.

BlackMoriah
Oct 1st, 2004, 11:45 AM
No, but let's be honest here, that's most likely what she was thinking, "friend" or no "friend"! :devil:

And why should we give Justine so many brownie points for "respecting" Amelie, as though its some kind of huge favour? Surely, all the top players should repsect each other. As we've seen from the results this year, there's not a lot between them, so I don't think anyone is in a position to think that they are head and shoulders above anyone else atm.

Is there a law that said top players should respect each other?

fifiricci
Oct 1st, 2004, 12:33 PM
Is there a law that said top players should respect each other?No, but I would hope that peer respect would come naturally and would not be something that you should need to make a law to achieve!

hablo
Oct 1st, 2004, 03:38 PM
Awwwwwwwww. Juju isn't my fav but I appreciate her comments. :yeah:

I'm sure the media was waiting for her to slam Momo!1 :fiery: :rolleyes: :o

tennisjunky
Oct 1st, 2004, 04:25 PM
a. a lie

if it's negative
b. simply jealous
c. a homophob
That sums it up perfect.

Greenout
Oct 5th, 2004, 12:49 AM
Bumping this back in honor of Amelie.

She is #1 right now.