PDA

View Full Version : Thursday's Predictions

jonny84
Sep 29th, 2004, 10:27 PM
Day four of this new event in Hasslet and play gets underway on the remaining four matches of the second round.

First up on Centre Court is Francesca Schiavone seeded No.5. taking on Nuria Llagostera Vives. Llagostera Vives comes to Hasslet having won the £50k tournament on clay in Lebanon. Schiavone comes in from reaching the US Open fourth round. These two have never met each other before but I am playing safe and saying that Francessca will breeze through in straight sets as Nuria will still be trying to convert her winning streak from the clay to indoor hard courts.
Schiavone beats Llagostera Vives 6/2 6/2

Next up will be Magdalena Maleeva who takes one of the oldest women on the tour Els Callens. The last time these two players faced each other was at the Tokyo Indoors in 2001, with Maleeva taking that match 6/3 6/3. However Els has beaten her in Antwerp but that was all the way back in 1999. These two players are experienced indoors but I will pick Maggie for the title as she has vaster experience than Els, though it will go to three sets.
Maleeva beats Callens 6-7 (3-7) 6-3 6-4

WTAWorld.com favourite Karolina Sprem will be the third match on court. She takes on Maria Elena Camerin (who recently knocked out Myskina in Bali). Sprem is facing a bit of a decline in her results while Camerin is improving. No head-to-head match-ups but i will pick Sprem in three close sets as she will be desperate to pick up a title to cap an great year for her.7
Sprem beats Camerin 6-4 2-6 6-4

Elena Dementieva is last up and to be honest will beat Michela Pasticova in two sets.
Dementieva beats Pasticova 6-1 6-2

crazillo
Sep 30th, 2004, 06:52 AM
Maleeva will win easier.

CooCooCachoo
Sep 30th, 2004, 07:45 AM
Yes Maleeva will have an easier match, and Dementieva a tougher match, if Pastikova plays like she did against Garbin. And it is HASSELT not Hasslet :p

^bibi^
Sep 30th, 2004, 07:51 AM
Yes Maleeva will have an easier match, and Dementieva a tougher match, if Pastikova plays like she did against Garbin. And it is HASSELT not Hasslet :p

yeah come on michaela... you didn't believe that she could keep it up against tax, and she did it, so I hope she'll keep it up again against dementieva and reach the QF , then beat Chladkova to reach the semi (I know I'm dreaming, but claudine and kirsten are out so I'm a bit frustrated lol).

And Francesca will not beat nuria 6-2, 6-2. Nuria was in great shape yesterday against marta and did a great match, she really could upset francesca, but it's gonna be a tough match...

Hayato
Sep 30th, 2004, 07:57 AM
Schiavone beats Llagostera Vives 64 46 64

Maleeva beats Callens 63 61

Camerin beats Sprem 76(5) 75

Dementieva beats Pasticova 63 60

Foot's Fingers
Sep 30th, 2004, 10:18 AM
Schiavone beats Llagostera Vives 64 76(4)
Maleeva beats Callens 62 61
Camerin beats Sprem 26 75 75
Dementieva beats Pasticova 64 62