PDA

View Full Version : Who wants a slam the most?

Elldee
Sep 29th, 2004, 09:02 PM
Lindsay - she has been playing really well recently, and now believes in herself, but has been slamless for nearly 5 years.

Elena Dementieva - she's been to two finals already this year and yet she's slamless beaten in straight sets.

Mauresmo - she's only been to one final and now has the pressure of being number one in the world. She's reasonably old too.

Kim Clijsters - She's been close so many times and can win big tournements like the YEC but still doesn't have a slam.

----------

Right now, I think Lindsay but I'm pretty biased :$

AjdeNate!
Sep 29th, 2004, 09:12 PM
Dementieva... the third time is the trick ;)

schris
Sep 29th, 2004, 09:14 PM
Martina Navratilova :devil:

Stamp Paid
Sep 29th, 2004, 09:24 PM
I think Serena will want one really badly next year. :(

grmbl
Sep 29th, 2004, 09:26 PM
Sesil :tape:

faboozadoo15
Sep 29th, 2004, 09:50 PM
lindsay?

amelie, kim, and elena are all tied for me...
all soooo close. they want one soooo badly. kim's too great a player to not win a slam, and she's been so close so often. amelie IS the new gaby-- but with the #1 ranking. the only reason she is number one is because the points are divided sooo greatly. elena has some heartbreakers that she'd really like to get over.

Crazy_Fool
Sep 29th, 2004, 10:08 PM
lindsay?

amelie, kim, and elena are all tied for me...
all soooo close. they want one soooo badly. kim's too great a player to not win a slam, and she's been so close so often. amelie IS the new gaby-- but with the #1 ranking. the only reason she is number one is because the points are divided sooo greatly. elena has some heartbreakers that she'd really like to get over.
Well Kim or Amelie right now cannot win matches when it really matters, so i don't know.

Lena D - I would love to see her win a slam, but she's gonna have to get lucky in her draw because if she gets a player who attacks her serve, she'll be gone. As for who wants one the most, I think they all want it badly ;)

Shenanigans
Sep 29th, 2004, 10:14 PM
Umm, they all want a slam, who wants it the most, don't know I'm not psychic but whoever wins a slam first will be considered the one who wanted it more. Maybe not cause the one who really wanted it more might have wanted it too much thus causing them to lose.....I could go on but I am boring myself.

Chrissie-fan
Sep 29th, 2004, 10:31 PM
I agree about Amelie. Every time she has to play a match against a top 10 player in a Slam you almost automatically expect the other girl to win. I have my doubts whether she can overcome those problems,especially since as a result of her #1 ranking the pressure on her is now even bigger than it was before.

Kim is a different story. She's won two Masters titles,and has reached several Grand Slam finals already,beating very good players to get there. And although she didn't win any of those Slam finals,she came close on a couple of occasions. She may choke sometimes,especially when playing Justine Henin,but her problems in this regard are nowhere near as dramatic as Amelie's in my opinion. Kim WILL do it,she WILL win one eventually.

Well Kim or Amelie right now cannot win matches when it really matters, so i don't know.

jonny84
Sep 29th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Every player obviously wants a slam but with over 1000+ in the rankings and four to be won every year - only 1-2% will actually only win one. Thats the long and short of it.

Billabong
Sep 29th, 2004, 10:32 PM
Kim:hug:!

cometz9
Sep 29th, 2004, 11:36 PM
Venus :hearts: but i voted for Lindsay, just b/c i don't wanna se her retire yet, she has a better chance next year at another Slam if she's healthy.

tennnisfannn
Sep 29th, 2004, 11:39 PM
Venus wants it bad. She is too good a player to settle for just the four. Plus she still believes she has got it in her.
Lindsay just realised it is doable after all and will be gunning for more.
Kim and Amelie must be thinking, if myskina, maria and sveta can, so can they!
Elena beat better players than she lost to in both slam finals- if that doesn't encourage to go one better, nothing ever will.
Serena being serena just wants it all.
Jen-see kim and amelie.
The tour just got greedy!

JLDementieva
Sep 30th, 2004, 01:46 AM
I say Elena, when she pours her heart out there on the matches it shows how bad she wants it. Too bad she can never play like she wants in finals.

PatM04
Sep 30th, 2004, 02:12 AM
Dementieva... the third time is the trick ;)Tell that to Kim.

LucasArg
Sep 30th, 2004, 05:24 AM
All players want it.

MrSerenaWilliams
Sep 30th, 2004, 06:19 AM
I think Serena wants it more than anyone. After going 5 of 6 and then going 0 for 3....she definately wants some more grand slams in 2005. I think thought that of those on the list......Kim wants it more, and DESERVES it more than anyone else. That's the only missing jewel in her crown. If she doesn't win a Grand Slam, she just the other Belgian. Lindsay's won 3 (inc. one over Graf in the finals), Mauresmo's the first French #1, and Dementieva is the hot Russian who gets lots of endorsements and other stuff. I think Dementieva doesn't deserve it as much a Clijsters so I voted Kim.

Pamela Shriver
Sep 30th, 2004, 08:31 AM
Who wants a slam the most?
Me.

Ekkekko
Sep 30th, 2004, 09:11 AM
Me.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/meingott/cheer3.gif Definitely! :yeah::hug:

Elldee
Sep 30th, 2004, 09:31 AM
[QUOTE=tennnisfannn]
Elena beat better players than she lost to in both slam finals- if that doesn't encourage to go one better, nothing ever will.
QUOTE]

That's a really valid point, I feel the same about Lindsay overcoming Venus in the fourth round and then losing to Svetlana... at least it wasn't Asagoe [no disrespect].

I know they all want to win, that's why they're in the poll. I also put these four because they're on the cusp of it and yet aren't winning.