PDA

View Full Version : How long is your outdoor playing season?

GoDominique
Sep 29th, 2004, 08:59 PM
And please state the surface you are usually playing on. :)

I live in northern Germany where you usually play on red clay, and my outdoor playing season is from mid April until mid October (6 months), that is if the weather is okay. If not, it's possible to have only 5 months of playing (May-September).
And of course it rains quite often during that time too, so sometimes you won't be able to play, although clay allows to have light drizzle. :)

Pengwin
Sep 30th, 2004, 05:34 PM
In England at my club (hard courts) it says they recommend you going between Mid March - Mid October, during other times play is free of charge. The weather here is never good (e.g. Wimbledon) but you can normally get a game in whenever you want even if there are rain breaks :)

smarties
Sep 30th, 2004, 10:58 PM

surface I play on: snow ( ;) just kidding) I play on Har-Tru (the green stuff also referred to as cheap clay).

how long is the outdoor season?: mid-may to september

ZAK
Sep 30th, 2004, 11:01 PM
I live in New Jersey, USA.

At my club there is all harcourts expect one green clay court and on one red clay court. The outdoor season is only June, July, and August, although it could be longer if they wanted to be. The public courts are, of course, outdoors all year long.

martinafan
Sep 30th, 2004, 11:41 PM
I live in Sydney, Australia.

The outdoor season is the whole year depending on rain.

We play on synthetic grass with sand on top, does as good job at absorbing quite a fair bit of rain, so even if it was just raining there's still a good chance you can play.

Gowza
Sep 30th, 2004, 11:51 PM
yep, same. syd australia, synthetic grass most of the time and hardcourt or grass on occassion. outdoor season is all year, ive actaully never played indoors, dont even know where an indoor centre is, wouldnt mind knowing tho so if any in sydney knows of any i'd apprecitate it heaps if you could tell me where any are.

Ryan
Oct 1st, 2004, 12:20 AM
My outdoor playing season lasts from about May-October :eek: It's on green clay at the St. George's Tennis Club. I don't go nearly as much as I should, but its very fun.

switz
Oct 1st, 2004, 01:07 AM
all year. play on grass, rebound ace, synthetic grass and clay. soon we will have indoor courts at our club as well. yay!!

switz
Oct 1st, 2004, 01:09 AM
i'm in australia by the way in case you thought it weird that switzerland allows for year round outdoor tennis.

pretty much the same as godominique for when i lived in switzerland as a little one - except we still played indoor most of the year from memory

Dan23
Oct 1st, 2004, 01:15 AM
Here in Perth, Australia we play all year round mainly on hardcourts..:)
Have played indoor a bit but much prefer outdoors..

Gowza
Oct 1st, 2004, 01:19 AM
all year. play on grass, rebound ace, synthetic grass and clay. soon we will have indoor courts at our club as well. yay!!
pretty good club to have all those surfaces!

thelittlestelf
Oct 1st, 2004, 01:31 AM
I play on clay and hard courts in the USA (massachusetts).

LLAGOS-VIVES_FAN
Oct 1st, 2004, 02:03 AM
Here in Mallorca (Spain) you can play all the year in outcourt. We have a 10k in November and February and those months are winter. We have hard and clay courts.

firefly_ac
Oct 1st, 2004, 02:48 AM
mine is all year round... hee. . . sunny Singapore!!

switz
Oct 1st, 2004, 02:50 AM
pretty good club to have all those surfaces!

white city. it's being renovated.

matthias
Oct 1st, 2004, 06:56 AM
And please state the surface you are usually playing on. :)

I live in northern Germany where you usually play on red clay, and my outdoor playing season is from mid April until mid October (6 months), that is if the weather is okay. If not, it's possible to have only 5 months of playing (May-September).
And of course it rains quite often during that time too, so sometimes you won't be able to play, although clay allows to have light drizzle. :)
for me it is the same, but on saturday we will start the indoor-season.
unfortunally my club don´t have indoor-courts, but we have a court each saturday in a sportpark

Junex
Oct 1st, 2004, 07:03 AM
I have a long "year round" tennis season!

and i have the oppurtunity to switch surfaces any time i want.

I am a member of only one club though and its in a rubberized hardcourt, i really dnt know if its being used in pro tour.

i can sometimes play in a red clay, gravel & hard (concrete) surfaces.

I am in Zamboanga, Philippines, the only surfaces i have never played, i guess, relatively is Grass.

vutt
Oct 1st, 2004, 07:39 AM
Estonia (near Finland)

Outdoor season lasts from mid-may to mid-september.
Typical surface: red clay (outdoor season) and hard-court (greenset or smth. not sure)

Never played on grass :sad:

Vass22
Oct 1st, 2004, 09:39 AM
All year round in Dubai UAE. I'm playing on the courts as the Dubai Tennis Championships, that is HARD.
The only thing is that I can't play during day in summer. Only the evening when it's just 35 celcius.

crazillo
Oct 1st, 2004, 10:23 AM
Aachen, western Germany :)
Mid April - Mid October, depending on weather (we can go Indoos any time)
Indoors is carpet
I have played on grass, a fake-grass-clay-mixture :lol: and on HC, too.

Darop.
Oct 1st, 2004, 10:36 AM
i can play all year long outdoors in siena Italy (:banana: ) but we play indoor on hardcourts and grass from november to march

salima
Oct 1st, 2004, 11:10 AM
We play on outdoor hardcourtor on red clay, the season spans from the ,iddle of Mat until end of September, maybe a little longer if you can play with gloves:p

*Yoav*
Oct 1st, 2004, 11:16 PM
i only have Hard Outdoor courts (anyway i'm not a pro) and i can play around 9 monthes a year.

croat123
Oct 2nd, 2004, 12:09 AM
all year round in south florida :wavey: