PDA

View Full Version : Hantuchova Is Not!

AjdeNate!
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:29 AM
...the next Venus, or Martina, or _________ fill in the blank.
...the future of tennis.
...the newest overhyped flash in the pan.

She is Daniela Hantuchova, tennis player, and the 'now' of tennis.

Ryan
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:53 AM
Sure, but she'll be made a fool of by the Swiss Miss.

AjdeNate!
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:54 AM
:rolleyes:
Praise thread, not a place to discredit please.

Cybelle Darkholme
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:57 AM
I think she is more of the future than the now of tennis. The now of tennis is still martina venus serena lindsay and jen. Then there is the almost now of tennis like amelie jelena kim and justine. Then there is the almost gone but still kicking of seles sanchezV and the old guard.

Vanity
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:57 AM
I second that Seles! Remember what happened last time you dedicated a thread of praise to Dani? :o :mad:

GO Daniela!!! Best of luck against Martina tomorrow! One of many Tier I finals to come! :D

Linton
Mar 15th, 2002, 04:39 AM
I third that. Ryan Im a hingis fan too but dont go into everythread and rubbish it about hingis being the best. This thread is for hauntchova not a bashing her hingis is way better. if u havnt got an nice to say then dont say it at all.

CanadianBoy21
Mar 15th, 2002, 04:55 AM
Linton, Ryan can come in and say anything, it's a message board.
It's also called in some countries, free speech.
It hasn't stopped u in the pas,t why should it stop Ryan?

aura of daniela
Mar 15th, 2002, 05:18 AM
Hey guys and girls,
Everyone will have there favourite, and they will like specific player for specific reason.
But remember each player is out there working hard on there game for a career/living and to entertain us in the process.
No player deserves to be disrespected because one person is biased towards another player.
I dont think I've seen a player go out there to purposely offend or annoy any tennis fans.

I'm am a huge fan of Daniela's and I have had the odd comment to say about the way some of the other player have acted in the pass, but I try not to get personal about it because they aren't personally attacking us.

But I agree with 'seles', I'm not a fan of comparing a player to a previous player, and I believe she is the Present and the Future, but maybe more so the Future.

Everyone, just enjoy this Angel blossom into a marvelous player.
There no need to critised each other.
Just have fun!

Simon

Williams Rulez
Mar 15th, 2002, 07:58 AM
I think Hantuchova will have to take at least half a year more to develop, she has insufficient experience to be the 'now' of tennis.

Jeff
Mar 15th, 2002, 08:13 AM
I wrote in another thread that Daniela will be frustrated by Hingis and Hingis will win in straight sets...hopefully ;)

However, I am definetly a Hantuchova fan now. I liked her before this tournament, but I really like her now that I got to see her live at Indian Wells. She is so striking, both as a person and a player. She holds herself very well and with a lot of confidence, especially for a girl who is only 18. I'm 20, and she seems more mature than me :p

Anyway, but yeah, I don't think she'll win tomorrow, but she's definetly going to have a bright future ahead of her.

louisa2k2
Mar 15th, 2002, 09:41 AM
hantuchova is definately gonna be a top player. though everytime she loses its cos of lack of expierence aparently. when she lost to mauresmo in 3 it was lack of experience then the same with capriati, then v.williams and the in the doubles finals at the ausopen.

destructo_girl
Mar 15th, 2002, 12:51 PM
Hey Daniela fans, you do know that saying she's the Future of tennis is not an insult, but a compliment, right?

It sounds like you're taking it as though everyone's writing Daniela off, and thats not the case.

She's not really the Present of tennis, I'd agree that Venus, Serena, Martina, Jennifer are still the Present of tennis. But Daniela is the Near-Future of tennis.

And I doubt anyone can honestly say they believe Hantuchova is overhyped. Anyone with eyes can see she has tremendous potential.

And like Martina Hingis said, re Daniela: "Hantuchova is very young, up-coming player....This is Hantuchova's time."

(But only after Martina. Go Martina!)

Lola
Mar 15th, 2002, 01:26 PM
Daniela's time is to come... she will definitely be the future's no 1. player if she keeps on playing well, on working, on concentrating on tennis... I hope she won't share the destiny of dementieva...

the cat
Mar 15th, 2002, 08:25 PM
Lola, I don't think Dani will struggle the way Elena Dementieva has. The big difference is that Daniela wins alot of free points with her serve. And Elena doesn't.

Actually, Daniela reminds me of a bigger Maria Sharapova.

And Daniela has the weapons to bother Martina. If not beat her. She's finally putting on a little weight, too. And that can only help Daniela.

Pureracket
Mar 15th, 2002, 10:26 PM
Daniela generates quite a bit of power from her backhand side. I'm wondering if her training staff will try to build muscle onto her thin body.

ot1962
Mar 15th, 2002, 11:58 PM
Calm down guys!
What is wrong with comparing players?
After all that's a large part of what the tennis experts do, and us fans enjoy. Of course, the problem starts when people are being disrepectful to other players. SO if we just say, NO DISRESPECTING!

ASV
Mar 16th, 2002, 12:49 AM
I really think that Daniela will win.

Daniela has like the exact same game as Hingis, only with power...

She can hit any shot in the book, has a variety to chose from.
She has great success in doubles.
She has her ambitions high.
She hits with POWER.

I think Daniela will win and people will realize that she is the NOW and will forever be feared!

maccardel
Mar 16th, 2002, 02:50 AM
Daniela. What can you say?

Ask yourself if Alex had made it this far would we all be talking bout her more than we did in Memphis?

WE like to pick players as the next best thing and at Wimbly in 99, Alex and Kournikova were the next best thing but it was only until now that Alex has realized her potential and as Pam Shriver loves to say, 'has grown into her body'.

We all love seeing the fresh face and we are overjoyed but lets not forget that any player can step out like Jelena and kim last year but not everyone can stay there like they did too.

I am impressed by her performance and really want to get to know her more, but I don't know her at all. I don't know if she has the personality of Monica or Jen; the mouth of Elena Dementieva; the brashy ego of Martina Hingis; or the elusive aura of the williamses.

I don't know that yet but I like what I see so far. I will still hold back before I jump up and shout and tell the world that she is my fave and she is the best thing or rather next best thing.

She is good and she is only getting better. We should give her time and let her improve without all the added pressure.

Lola
Mar 16th, 2002, 12:42 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by the cat
[B]Lola, I don't think Dani will struggle the way Elena Dementieva has.

I hope you are right and that won't happen!

GO DANIELA!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Jippo McScally
Mar 16th, 2002, 01:11 PM
I get the impression that she will be the type of player that if you want to get to the top ten, you'll have to have a game like hers to do it! i.e. tall, talented, a good serve, strong Powerfull groundies and good volleys!!!

GO DANIELA!!!!!!!!!