PDA

View Full Version : For all you Aussies out there... SLAM!

xr6turbo
Sep 29th, 2004, 09:55 AM
SLAM! - Road to the Australian Open

The countdown to Australian Open 2005 begins with the exciting premiere of SLAM! Road to the Australian Open being launched on the Seven Network this Sunday. SLAM! Road to the Australian Open is a new weekly TV program and promises to present a fresh perspective on your favourite sport as the build up begins for the Australian Open Centenary in 2005.

About the hosts of SLAM!

A new group of presenters hosting SLAM! capture the fun and energy of the sport. The show will introduce three Australian players just off the Tour. Josh Eagle, Andrew Florent and Sandon Stolle are all recently retired and as such have first-hand insight and experience on what it's like to play against Grand Slam champions.

SLAM! Broadcast Times

Catch SLAM! on the Seven Network nationally at the times below:
Sunday 3 October 11am
Sunday 10 October 12pm
Sunday 17 October 12pm
Sunday 24 October 12pm
Sunday 31 October 12pm
Sunday 7 November 12pm
Sunday 21 November 12pm
Sunday 19 December 1pm
Sunday 2 January 10.30am
Sunday 9 January 10.30am

Mr_Molik
Sep 29th, 2004, 11:11 AM
excitement ensuing :bounce:
hope they show lots of alicia :drool: and sam, lleyton and todd

Lemonskin.
Sep 29th, 2004, 11:15 AM
I know! How awesome is it! I was gonna post a thread on it but forgot :p

Finally, we get a tennis show. I hope it doesn't stop after the Australian Open.

It would be cool if they could get Kerryn Pratt, Fred Stolle, Woodie and Newc on board too.

Mr_Molik
Sep 29th, 2004, 11:27 AM
woodie freaks me out :unsure:
i like the others though :yeah:

Lemonskin.
Sep 29th, 2004, 11:30 AM
i like the others though :yeah:

Yeah Woody gives me the shits sometimes.

Kerryn Pratt, John Newcombe and Fred Stolle ("Fiery" they call him... no idea why...) are awesome :D

Can't wait until the show starts! We'll get to see bits of matches that we have no chance to see living here in Australia with our mediocre free-to-air TV.

Fantastic
Sep 29th, 2004, 03:52 PM
I wonder how this show was pitched to TV producers. It doesn't sound very interesting reading it described there, but I hope it's more like a magazine show and shows what is going on around the tennis world. I would be pissed if it was ATP-centric or totally focused on Hewitt, Philippoussis and Arthurs. Nothing wrong with those guys but tennis is a lot more than that and newer fans need to see it. Seeing as how all three hosts are former male players, I'm not feeling too hopeful just yet.

Fantastic
Sep 29th, 2004, 03:54 PM

Bloody oath, yeah. I hate that bloodnut. He's so errgh! :(

Experimentee
Sep 29th, 2004, 04:03 PM
I saw Sandon do a piece during Sydney one year, and he was good, pretty funny. So hopefully it'll be more of the same, and a good show. However 30 mins with ads is really short, dont know how much they can fit into that, but at least its a tennis show so thats a start.

Experimentee
Sep 29th, 2004, 04:06 PM
I hate Woodie too :mad:
He cant even pronounce most players names properly, and always goes on like the S&V game is the best. Get him off the tv! :rolleyes: