PDA

View Full Version : Venus and Serena coming to Chicago, Detroit, and Atlanta!!!

Stamp Paid
Sep 28th, 2004, 11:51 PM
And I'm going to the one in Atlanta, TRUST.

Are Venus and Serena Coming to Your Hometown?

9/27/04 5:52 PM

© TPL

Venus and Serena Williams take their historical sibling rivalry to Chicago, Detroit and Atlanta;to benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities® in conjunction with McDonald’s World Children’s Day®

The McDonald’s Williams’ Sisters Tour, featuring Venus and Serena Williams as well as other celebrities in a series of three one-night events, makes it debut in Chicago, Detroit and Atlanta.

The McDonald’s Williams’ Sisters Tour begins in Chicago at the UIC Pavilion (November 17), moves to Detroit at The Palace at Auburn Hills (November 18) and finishes in Atlanta at Philips Arena (December 2). A portion of the proceeds from each tour stop will benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities and other local charitable organizations in each city.

ESPN will accompany the tour with plans to broadcast a behind-the-scenes special event on the McDonald’s Williams’ Sisters Tour.

Prior to the match, Venus and Serena will spend time in each community, visiting local Ronald McDonald Houses, visiting schools, hospitals and participating in local community activities.

“We want to promote the game of tennis while supporting worthwhile causes in each of these cities,” said Serena Williams. “We’re excited to be working with McDonald’s and Ronald McDonald House Charities to be able to give something back to communities throughout the United States.”

“We are excited about bringing professional tennis to Chicago, Detroit and Atlanta, three cities that support the sport strongly but do not regularly host tour events,” added Venus Williams. “We plan on creating a fun evening of exciting, entertaining tennis for fans of the game and our fans. Neither of us likes to lose, ever, so you will see a hard-fought match in each city.”

Tickets will go on sale for all three dates Friday, October 1 at 10AM EST/9 AM CST and will be available through Ticketmaster at 800-326-4000, the arena box offices and ticketmaster.com. Ticket prices start at $15. A limited number of VIP courtside tickets are available which include an invitation to a VIP reception attended by Venus and Serena. USTA and ALTA members (Atlanta) are entitled to special McDonald’s Williams Sisters Tour ticket discounts.

In addition to McDonald’s, other sponsors include Hilton Hotels, Coke (Powerade), Walmart, Exelon, Colgate-Palmolive, AFLAC, The Detroit Free Press, WXYZ-TV (Detroit), WSB-TV (Atlanta), Co-Op Optical, Nike and Wilson.

CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTIONS :
Organizations that are making charitable contributions in association with The McDonald’s Williams Sisters Tour include McDonald’s, Robin Hood Foundation, AFLAC, Walmart, Exelon and Tennis Corporation of America.

Charitable organizations that will benefit from the McDonald’s Williams Sisters Tour include Ronald McDonald House Charities, AFLAC Cancer hospital (Atlanta), Lamont Bryant’s Love To Serve Program (Chicago), Perfecting Community Development Corporation (Detroit) and others to come.

MCDONALD’S:
McDonald's is the leading global foodservice retailer with more than 30,000 restaurants serving nearly 47 million people in more than 1200 countries each day. Approximately 80 percent of McDonald's restaurants worldwide are owned and operated by independent, local businessmen and women. For nutritional information, please visit www.mcdonalds.com.

RMHC:
Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC), a nonprofit, 501(c)3, creates, finds and supports programs that directly improve the health and well being of children. Its programs are grassroots-driven to enable the Charity to offer help where children need it most, right in their own communities. RMHC fulfills its mission by creating programs that address targeted needs, and by supporting these programs through its global network of more than 180 local Chapters in nearly 50 countries. RMHC and its local Chapters have awarded more than $400 million in grants and program services to children's programs around the world. For more information about Ronald McDonald House Charities and the Ronald McDonald House program, visit www.rmhc.org.

Rocketta
Sep 29th, 2004, 12:00 AM
Shoot when is the tour coming to my town? The big Metropolis of Whiteville, 6000 strong! :p

Oh well I guess I'll have to live vicariously through you Trine. ;)

Stamp Paid
Sep 29th, 2004, 12:11 AM
Shoot when is the tour coming to my town? The big Metropolis of Whiteville, 6000 strong! :p

Oh well I guess I'll have to live vicariously through you Trine. ;) Rocketta, seeing V&S live is worth driving down to the ATL! http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Knizzle
Sep 29th, 2004, 12:57 AM
CHI-TOWN BABY!! I'm definitely going to try and go. Serena I'm coming for you!! lol

Stamp Paid
Sep 29th, 2004, 01:02 AM
CHI-TOWN BABY!! I'm definitely going to try and go. Serena I'm coming for you!! lol
Dang, you get to see her first! http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Knizzle
Sep 29th, 2004, 01:03 AM
Dang, you get to see her first! http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif
Yep.:p

By then there will be no chance for you. :devil:

darrinbaker00
Sep 29th, 2004, 01:10 AM
Jealouser and jealouser..... :fiery: :fiery:

Rocketta
Sep 29th, 2004, 01:22 AM
Rocketta, seeing V&S live is worth driving down to the ATL! http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif
You're right if I hadn't already seen them live...;) since I have I'll let all of y'all finally get a chance. ;)

AjdeNate!
Sep 29th, 2004, 01:37 AM
Hmmmm, *checks Nov 17th work schedule*..... damnit I have to work.

AjdeNate!
Sep 29th, 2004, 01:37 AM
Crazy.... I saw Venus in Paris, Serena in Virginia... but they come to my neighborhood and I can't go. :haha:

Mase
Sep 29th, 2004, 01:39 AM
That is kinda jacked up isnt it?!?! :haha:

CJ07
Sep 29th, 2004, 03:16 AM
I hope I can go to the one in Atlanta...

SJW
Sep 29th, 2004, 11:47 AM
:bounce:

tennisfan1972
Sep 29th, 2004, 12:13 PM
OMG I finally get to see Venus and Serena!! In CHICAGO !! Yippie!! ANY OTHER CHICAGO BOARD MEMBERS WANNA TRY TO MEET UP??

Cariaoke
Sep 29th, 2004, 12:14 PM
oh... trust I'm going to the Atlanta one... SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEETTTTTT!

ATL, ho! :tape:

SJW
Sep 29th, 2004, 12:16 PM
TWHAT?!?!?

Cariaoke
Sep 29th, 2004, 12:17 PM
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEYEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! :spit:

SJW
Sep 29th, 2004, 12:18 PM
rrrrrrrrROKAYYYYYYY!

Cariaoke
Sep 29th, 2004, 12:20 PM
Skeet so much they call her BILLY OCEAN!

SJW
Sep 29th, 2004, 12:20 PM
:hellyea:

:p

Cariaoke
Sep 29th, 2004, 12:21 PM
SIT CHO ASS DOWN! *dead*

SJW
Sep 29th, 2004, 12:22 PM
:elvis::scared::titslap::retard:

:haha:

Cariaoke