PDA

View Full Version : Oscar 2005

Harju.
Sep 28th, 2004, 03:55 PM
I know it's too early to actually post this thread, but let's FOR NOw predict who do you think might be up for next year oscar.

my bet is on eternal sunshine of spotless mind.

Helen Lawson
Sep 28th, 2004, 04:30 PM
I haven't seen much this year that I can recall is Oscar worthy, maybe Kill Bill Vol. 2. But I'm 86 and forget easily, plus most the Oscar movies come out late. I'll start getting all the campaign crap in the mail come December and that'll remind me what was good and what sucked. I only nominate in the 4 acting categories and best picture, but I vote on everything at the end except those crappy documentaries and the foreign language film. You can't vote on those unless you sign something that you've seen them, and I rarely see all the nominated films. I still haven't seen a single Lord of the Rings.

jrm
Sep 28th, 2004, 04:30 PM
JAVIER BARDEM will probably get his second Oscar nom for MAR ADENTRO; also betting that ALEJANDRO AMENABAR will get best director nom as well!

Joan Rivers
Sep 28th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Look out for Sal Struthers getting a supporting nod for Reeseville. I believe Hel is talking to the waxworks about it and I have been talking to the Academy members I know. So far, my old stand up friends Whoopi and Woody are on board and I have a solid maybe from Goldie. I think she is holding out for a bribe.

Sally Struthers
Sep 28th, 2004, 04:40 PM
Look out for Sal Struthers getting a supporting nod for Reeseville. I believe Hel is talking to the waxworks about it and I have been talking to the Academy members I know. So far, my old stand up friends Whoopi and Woody are on board and I have a solid maybe from Goldie. I think she is holding out for a bribe.

I hope so.

How can you call Whoopie your pal after she took over Hollywood Squares and kicked you out of the center square position? I'd be pissed off. Have you seen the old host (John Davidson) recently? Some people just age hideously. I was scared.

Joan Rivers
Sep 28th, 2004, 04:43 PM
I hope so.

How can you call Whoopie your pal after she took over Hollywood Squares and kicked you out of the center square position? I'd be pissed off. Have you seen the old host (John Davidson) recently? Some people just age hideously. I was scared.
Sal, Whoopi needed it a LOT more than me at the time so it was a mutual decision. I was gonna be on another square but Bruce Vilanch (who you worked with on Balderdash) begged Whoopi and I gave him the gig.

I see Whoopi's sitcom's been cancelled. She might be on Balderdash next, I am telling you!

Sally Struthers
Sep 28th, 2004, 04:44 PM
Sal, Whoopi needed it a LOT more than me at the time so it was a mutual decision. I was gonna be on another square but Bruce Vilanch (who you worked with on Balderdash) begged Whoopi and I gave him the gig.

I see Whoopi's sitcom's been cancelled. She might be on Balderdash next, I am telling you!

Whoopie really needs to stop the TV shit and get back into movies.

Helen Lawson
Sep 28th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Whoopi's career is officially in the crapper, I hope she can come back and do decent roles.

I see her doing a Lifetime TV movie or hosting an Oxygen talkshow in about a year.

Sally Struthers
Sep 28th, 2004, 04:49 PM
Whoopi's career is officially in the crapper, I hope she can come back and do decent roles.

I see her doing a Lifetime TV movie or hosting an Oxygen talkshow in about a year.

I hate to say it television is a blackhole for celebrities. Once you get into it you can't ever get out and jump back to the silver screen. The only person I can think of that has escaped the tv blackhole recently was Helen Hunt but when's the last time you saw her in any movie?

Helen Lawson
Sep 28th, 2004, 04:52 PM
I hate to say it television is a blackhole for celebrities. Once you get into it you can't ever get out and jump back to the silver screen. The only person I can think of that has escaped the tv blackhole recently was Helen Hunt but when's the last time you saw her in any movie?
The waxworks, me included, can't stand Helen Hunt. We all voted against her and warned others that they were throwing away their votes. Were we right or what?

You know, I saw Scary Movie 3 last night with my granddaughter, and I thought that Black dame with the braids was a hoot. I'm going to put her in the Best Supporting Actress category as a nominee.

Don't worry Sal, if you both make the final 5, I'll throw my vote your way.

Sally Struthers
Sep 28th, 2004, 04:55 PM
I've seen so many movies this year they all blend together. I'll just wait for the nominations to be released and let the chips fall where they may.

Mattographer
Sep 29th, 2004, 06:04 AM
Naomi Watts in We Don't Live Here Anymore for Best (or Supporting) Actress! :devil: Although, I haven't seen the movie and don't know if her character is the main or Laura Dern's.

decemberlove
Sep 29th, 2004, 06:22 AM
Naomi Watts in We Don't Live Here Anymore for Best (or Supporting) Actress! :devil: Although, I haven't seen the movie and don't know if her character is the main or Laura Dern's.
naomi was robbed last year.

i hope she gets nominated for the film stay.

decemberlove
Sep 29th, 2004, 06:31 AM
']I know it's too early to actually post this thread, but let's FOR NOw predict who do you think might be up for next year oscar.

my bet is on eternal sunshine of spotless mind.eternal sunshine was one of my favorite movies of the year.

i dont have much faith in the academy, thou. i dont usually watch the oscars cos they too often than not forget to reward TALENT.

decemberlove
Sep 29th, 2004, 06:38 AM
i'd like to see gael garcia bernal get some recognition...

Mattographer
Sep 29th, 2004, 08:47 AM
naomi was robbed last year.

i hope she gets nominated for the film stay.
YEAH! And Mulholland Drive blowed me away! She was super performance acting in that film! Yet not nominated! :confused: Grr!

Julian
Sep 29th, 2004, 12:53 PM
Yea the movies that usually get nominated come out in November/December.

So far I've heard "Finding Neverland", "Alexander", "Oceans Twelve", and "The Aviator" are pretty much the top upcoming movies to go see.

I havent seen Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind but what do you think about "The Passion of the Christ" being nominated??

Harju.
Sep 29th, 2004, 01:00 PM
eternal sunshine was one of my favorite movies of the year.

i dont have much faith in the academy, thou. i dont usually watch the oscars cos they too often than not forget to reward TALENT.
:worship:

from what i heard they are going to re-release the movie this winter.

propi
Sep 29th, 2004, 01:34 PM
i'd like to see gael garcia bernal get some recognition...
Gael should get the nomination this year either for Motorcycle diaries or La mala educación ;)
I'd love to see Javier Bardem nominated as well for Mar Adentro, same for Amenábar and Almodóvar as directors, but that's too much I guess.
Finally I hope to see the Spanish candidate in foreign film if it's Pedro's or Alejandro's film.
Oh! I hope to see The Passion and some of its actors getting nominations as well, especially Jim, the actor who played Jesus :bounce: :bounce:

Monica_Rules
Sep 29th, 2004, 01:42 PM
I think Prisoner of Azkabahn will gte a few nominations.Should be up for best direction anyway lots of sound and special effects things aswell.

alfajeffster
Sep 29th, 2004, 02:22 PM
The waxworks, me included, can't stand Helen Hunt. We all voted against her and warned others that they were throwing away their votes. Were we right or what?

You know, I saw Scary Movie 3 last night with my granddaughter, and I thought that Black dame with the braids was a hoot. I'm going to put her in the Best Supporting Actress category as a nominee.

Don't worry Sal, if you both make the final 5, I'll throw my vote your way.
I know it's HBO and not the oscars, but I finally saw "Angels in America" on HBO last night, and Meryl Streep was FANTASTIC (as well as Emma Thompson and Al Pacino)! I also liked her in The Manchurian Candidate, and think she'll at least be nominated for her supporting role in that spot-on Hillary clone performance.

PhoenixStorm
Sep 29th, 2004, 02:48 PM
halle berry in catwoman

shap_half
Sep 29th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Halle Berry? AHAHAHHAHAHAHA :rolleyes:

Renee Zellweger for her role as Bridget Jones in the sequel or her role as Russell Crowe's wife in the upcoming movie, "Cinderella Man'"

alfajeffster
Sep 29th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Isn't Halle Berry something the Oak King chews up and spits out at the Yule fire?

spiceboy
Sep 29th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Finally I hope to see the Spanish candidate in foreign film if it's Pedro's or Alejandro's film.

OMG I hope it's Amenabar's film and not that crappy/pathetic/nonsense Almodovar's last film :o

Beat
Sep 29th, 2004, 07:26 PM
So far I've heard "Finding Neverland", "Alexander", "Oceans Twelve", and "The Aviator" are pretty much the top upcoming movies to go see.

sounds all like bunch of crap to me. though "finding neverland" was directed by one of my countrymen :angel: and stars the ever-brilliant johnny depp :yeah:

yeah, catwoman might surprise us all and walk away with half a dozen oscars! ;)

jrm
Sep 29th, 2004, 08:15 PM
halle berry in catwoman

That one will get a 'razzie' ... it's GIGLI of 2004 :lol: :lol: :lol:

propi
Sep 29th, 2004, 09:30 PM
OMG I hope it's Amenabar's film and not that crappy/pathetic/nonsense Almodovar's last film :o
Actually I liked it quite a lot, Emi :o Both are great films but not the best national film of the year IMO :o

decemberlove
Sep 29th, 2004, 09:43 PM
Gael should get the nomination this year either for Motorcycle diaries or La mala educación ;)
I'd love to see Javier Bardem nominated as well for Mar Adentro, same for Amenábar and Almodóvar as directors, but that's too much I guess.
Oh! I hope to see The Passion and some of its actors getting nominations as well, especially Jim, the actor who played Jesus :bounce: :bounce:
i hope so. i get chills everytime i watch the motorcycle diaries trailer. im going to see it this weekend.

then next weekend im going to the NY film festival to see bad education, la nina santa, and house of flying daggers. :) we get to ask the directors questions after the movie. my first film festival. im so excited!

propi
Sep 29th, 2004, 10:12 PM
i hope so. i get chills everytime i watch the motorcycle diaries trailer. im going to see it this weekend.

then next weekend im going to the NY film festival to see bad education, la nina santa, and house of flying daggers. :) we get to ask the directors questions after the movie. my first film festival. im so excited!
:eek: you're so lucky!! I hope to visit a big cinema festival someday :D
I'm sure you will love the experience :)
I hope you like Gael in Mala Educación :) is the best of the film :)