PDA

View Full Version : Max Chase points for Maria this week?

DannerCal
Sep 28th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Does anyone know:

What are the max Chase points that Maria can pick up if she wins the Tier IV this week.

She and Capriati are only separated by 50 points.

Tks!

kabuki
Sep 28th, 2004, 04:07 PM
Does anyone know:

What are the max Chase points that Maria can pick up if she wins the Tier IV this week.

She and Capriati are only separated by 50 points.

Tks!

1 :lol:

TennisVSTennis
Sep 28th, 2004, 04:21 PM
Since it is a weak field, if she wins the title, she'll probably get around 120 max.
She'll pass Jennifer this week, and she'll increase her lead by playing Japan Open.
However, she'll not pass Serena in the near future since SErena enters Filderstadt, so it'll all depend on how Jennifer does for her to qualify for the last spot, or to just wait for the WC.

Russia Rules
Sep 28th, 2004, 04:24 PM
95 pts i think!

DannerCal
Sep 28th, 2004, 04:33 PM
Thanks everyone! I will be SHOCKED if the WTA issues a W/C, and bumps out a top player that actually qualifies. The players should know what they need to do, and schedule appropriately, (If the Chase is important to them).

TennisVSTennis
Sep 28th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Thanks everyone! I will be SHOCKED if the WTA issues a W/C, and bumps out a top player that actually qualifies. The players should know what they need to do, and schedule appropriately, (If the Chase is important to them).
Wont be that shocking if WTA adopts ATP's system and awards the slam winner a WC.
After all, Jennifer has won nothing this year.

DannerCal
Sep 28th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Hmmm.

Jennifer has been to two GS Semis, and is a Gold Exempt player with three Grand Slam titles. If she qualifies by points, she should get in. If Maria passes her, then Maria should get in. To snub a player in an 8 player field with a million dollar prize is just wrong i.m.o.

Chriskip
Sep 28th, 2004, 05:01 PM
If she beats all the higher seeds left in her side of the draw, and meets Asagoe, the top seed from the bottom half, in the finals and wins, then I think the most she can get is 118 points. She would improve her race position to 9th, but even if she wins she cannot maintain her ranking of 8th overall. The 138 points she will be losing come Monday will make her drop to #10 behind both Capriati and S. Williams.