PDA

View Full Version : Serena´s comments seen in broader perspective

bandabou
Sep 28th, 2004, 11:03 AM
I think what is lost in the mist is that actually Serena said something really big with those comments. She basically said that on today´s tour she really needs to play her best to win, otherwise she´s gonna get burned...

Face it, there was a time that Serena could play average and still win in straights....but this year she found out that only your best play, either mentally or physically, will be good enough.

So for her it was encouraging to find out that on a day that her forehand was almost always finding the net and that she couldn´t win most of the long rallies, that she still found out a way to win. THAT is what I think she was talking about.

SerenaSlam
Sep 28th, 2004, 02:18 PM
I think what is lost in the mist is that actually Serena said something really big with those comments. She basically said that on today´s tour she really needs to play her best to win, otherwise she´s gonna get burned...

Face it, there was a time that Serena could play average and still win in straights....but this year she found out that only your best play, either mentally or physically, will be good enough.

So for her it was encouraging to find out that on a day that her forehand was almost always finding the net and that she couldn´t win most of the long rallies, that she still found out a way to win. THAT is what I think she was talking about.
i agree with this, but people on this board have built up such a negative rep w/ Serena Williams, that they look past thinking things like this, and go straight to thinking NEGATIVE of all the comments that she makes :rolleyes:

bandabou
Sep 28th, 2004, 02:43 PM
i agree with this, but people on this board have built up such a negative rep w/ Serena Williams, that they look past thinking things like this, and go straight to thinking NEGATIVE of all the comments that she makes :rolleyes:

Tjaaa....just the nature I guess.

griffin
Sep 28th, 2004, 02:50 PM

True, but to put THIS in context - this is pretty common behavior whenever a given poster is talking about a player they don't like in the first place. I'm not saying all posters do it, or all posters in any one group do it, but you show me a fan base and I'll show you instances where some members have done the exact same thing to other players.

Except Momosapiens. We're perfect.

;)

alfajeffster
Sep 28th, 2004, 02:53 PM
True, but to put THIS in context - this is pretty common behavior whenever a given poster is talking about a player they don't like in the first place. I'm not saying all posters do it, or all posters in any one group do it, but you show me a fan base and I'll show you instances where some members have done the exact same thing to other players.

Except Momosapiens. We're perfect.

;)
I used to try to see things from a broad's perspective, back when I lived in San Francisco in the 80s, but thankfully, my closet is much more subdued now...:lol: