PDA

View Full Version : Any NHL fans here??

Andy Mac
Sep 28th, 2004, 12:54 AM
hey guys.........any NHL fans here.....if there is lets tlk about the lockout or whatever liek fav teams or fav players :D

GBFH
Sep 28th, 2004, 12:58 AM
lol, i recommend you go to the chat thread forum...and look for the 'hockey ho's' thread ;)

we've spoken about this at length ;)

GBFH
Sep 28th, 2004, 12:59 AM
but just for the hell of it...my fave player is martin brodeur....fave team is the dallas stars.

the lockout pisses me off...and i'm tired of the players sitting on their asses letting the suits ruin the league.

Andy Mac
Sep 28th, 2004, 01:05 AM
thats true and i will go to the chat thread..does tha mean i gotta delete this thread....or can we jsut keep it and tlk.........

GBFH
Sep 28th, 2004, 01:06 AM
lol, you don't have to do anything. we can talk about it here if you want :)

Bacardi
Sep 28th, 2004, 03:12 AM
There's like 13,000+ posts dedicated to that Subject here
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=88596&page=330&pp=40

My favorite team is the Tampa Bay Lightning. And ask GBFH, I liked them even before they started winning. My favorite player happens to be Pavel Kubina, thanks to the lockout I'm having to learn Czech and follow him online since he plays for HC Vitkovice of the Czech Extraliga.

And nobody with a brain likes the lockout. It's like anger in a bottle :mad:

mandy7
Sep 28th, 2004, 07:39 AM
my fave team?
The Totonto Maple Leafs! :D

and bacardi mate...
why are they playing ICE hockey in Tampa Bay anyways? :p

Andy Mac
Sep 28th, 2004, 11:59 PM
ahah yea mandy! your my fav gal lol....leafs rock....and tamps won the stanley cup last year so they are doing something right

Bacardi
Sep 29th, 2004, 12:07 AM
my fave team?

and bacardi mate...

Simply because even thou we've been shitty for years we still won a cup before the leafs did. :p

Ice Hockey in Tampa Bay, as if half the Canadians wouldn't trade those horrible Canadian winters for sunshine and a WINNING/CHAMPIONSHIP team. ;)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/killergnomie/leaffanwaitingforcup.jpg

chapel
Sep 29th, 2004, 01:52 AM
Simply because even thou we've been shitty for years we still won a cup before the leafs did. :p

Ice Hockey in Tampa Bay, as if half the Canadians wouldn't trade those horrible Canadian winters for sunshine and a WINNING/CHAMPIONSHIP team. ;)

im not a tampa bay fan but they did beat calgary who beat detroit...........so tampa bay's okay in my book.

and im a red wings, rangers and leafs fan

lakeway11
Sep 29th, 2004, 09:36 PM
NHL?? what is the NHL :scratch:

GBFH
Sep 29th, 2004, 09:39 PM
oh shut up, college boy :p

lakeway11
Sep 29th, 2004, 09:44 PM
oh shut up, college boy :p

http://www.umdbulldogs.com/images/TJCaig.jpg

:wavey: i'll be screaming all the way to a national title :bounce:

Crazy Canuck
Sep 29th, 2004, 09:46 PM
lol, i recommend you go to the chat thread forum...and look for the 'hockey ho's' thread ;)

we've spoken about this at length ;)
Or don't, because that thread contains more talk about blah blah and blah than it does about hockey. I'd prefer if there was just a "normal" old hockey thread that people used. One that I would actually have the desire to post in :wavey:

Crazy Canuck
Sep 29th, 2004, 09:47 PM
lol, you don't have to do anything. we can talk about it here if you want :)
Please do.

Crazy Canuck
Sep 29th, 2004, 09:48 PM
my fave team?

and bacardi mate...
I root for the Leafs too. More because they are "local" than anything. I also like Montreal and Dallas. Oh, and the Rangers. Okay, not really.

Andy Mac
Sep 29th, 2004, 09:50 PM
Or don't, because that thread contains more talk about blah blah and blah than it does about hockey. I'd prefer if there was just a "normal" old hockey thread that people used. One that I would actually have the desire to post in :wavey:
does that mean u like my thread? :) :D

Andy Mac
Sep 29th, 2004, 09:59 PM

waht the hell? u sayin tampa won mr stanley before toronto...czu thats bullshit lol and the leafs have won it several times

GBFH
Sep 29th, 2004, 10:07 PM
and how long do you think *this* will stay a straight hockey chat thread? hmmmmmm? :devil:

:wavey:

GBFH
Sep 29th, 2004, 10:09 PM
I root for the Leafs too. More because they are "local" than anything. I also like Montreal and Dallas. Oh, and the Rangers. Okay, not really.
there are two kinds of marty-party love....clean marty, and dirrty marty.

Andy Mac
Sep 29th, 2004, 10:10 PM
i am going to try my ahrdest thatsfor sure

GBFH
Sep 29th, 2004, 10:11 PM
wow, i've already gotten off-track :devil:

anyway...in this case, no news is bad news. no talks scheduled. couple of teams have cancelled their home openers...season will start no earlier than january.

Andy Mac
Sep 29th, 2004, 10:25 PM
yea this sucks...actually give teams like chicago or columbus a chance tho haha

Anik
Sep 30th, 2004, 01:46 AM

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha: i like that :devil:!!!

thank you very much for this picture :worship: :worship: :worship:

Crazy Canuck
Sep 30th, 2004, 03:37 AM
does that mean u like my thread? :) :D
For now, until it's been polluted by retardation. You'll see what I mean if the hockey season ever starts up again.

Crazy Canuck
Sep 30th, 2004, 03:37 AM
waht the hell? u sayin tampa won mr stanley before toronto...czu thats bullshit lol and the leafs have won it several times
Look, Bacardi is a moron. Don't try to make sense of her posts, because they don't contain any sense.

GBFH
Sep 30th, 2004, 03:38 AM
:devil:

:angel:

Crazy Canuck
Sep 30th, 2004, 03:38 AM
:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha: i like that :devil:!!!

thank you very much for this picture :worship: :worship: :worship:
Wait... don't tell me... you're a Sens fan? :devil:

Crazy Canuck
Sep 30th, 2004, 03:39 AM
:devil:

:angel:
Clean Marti-Party and Dirrty Marti-Party, eh? Remember the dancing girl smilies that i used when we first discussed Marti-Partying? I'm sorry to say that I lost those.

Uh.... booo lockout. Booo.

GBFH
Sep 30th, 2004, 03:40 AM
i sure do!

lemme see if i can dig 'em up, wifey :devil:

GBFH
Sep 30th, 2004, 03:43 AM
can your woman deliver, or what?

http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/Brunette-07.gif

GBFH
Sep 30th, 2004, 03:45 AM
or perhaps this one?

http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/dancer111.gif

http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/dcr87.gif

Crazy Canuck
Sep 30th, 2004, 04:29 AM
Yay! How did you find those?!

GBFH
Sep 30th, 2004, 04:54 AM
research bay-beeeeeeeeeee! :kiss:

Bacardi
Sep 30th, 2004, 07:25 AM

When was the last time they won the cup? When was it again.... oh yes, 1967!!! That's been 37 years. So I wouldn't hold out on one just yet, but I will say they are over-due. I'd rather see Pat Quinn's whiny babies win it than Detoilet.

Plus, I'd like to know when they will finally pull it off. They've done everything from spend bigger, to bringin in some Vets that are lucky they still have a heartbeat. I wouldn't doubt when the NHL kicks off again, if they don't go after Erica Lindros.

CC, your ability to hold a childish grudge amazes me. Funny thing is, this thread was all hockey until you came in spewing venom. Then again, from a childish mind, what should one expect?

I'll cheer for Tampa Bay, until they trade my favorite player, Pavel Kubina. I've faithfully cheered for them thru being in the shithouse, so I think I should enjoy a victory. After all, they've managed to make it from the doormat of the NHL to the Stanley Cup Champs in a few years. If it makes it a crime to boast of your favorite team in a hockey thread, then yeah, I'm guilty of that. But wouldn't you Leafs' fans do the same thing if say Toronto won the Cup? I bet so.

Just remember who got your thread off-topic first.

www.eurohockey.com is a good place to follow the NHL players that are in Europe during this lockout.

Also what's this I hear about there being a Asian league now?

Crazy Canuck
Sep 30th, 2004, 09:34 AM
I'm guilty of that. But wouldn't you Leafs' fans do the same thing if say Toronto won the Cup?

I can't speak on behalf of the other Leaf's fans, but I happen to have like, a real life and real accomplishments. Well, I will when I finish a few more years of schooling and get some work under my belt ;) If "my" team wins it's all happy and big party, then it's over. It's nothing. It makes no impact on my life at all aside from a single nice moment. I don't live on the glory of others for the rest of my life and boast about it endlessly, because meh. The same goes for "my" players. I LOVED Ferrero for like ever, and when he finally won RG, want to know what I said? "Oh, that's nice."

Crazy Canuck
Sep 30th, 2004, 09:36 AM
Could somebody kindly remind me why I always make fun of Eric Lindros? I forget.

mandy7
Sep 30th, 2004, 09:41 AM

you can't like a team cause they win something...
that's bs, that would make ya a glory-hunter

anyways, i'm dutch, and i love winter..
so that last part you wrote....
doesn't go for me :)

GBFH
Sep 30th, 2004, 03:29 PM
Could somebody kindly remind me why I always make fun of Eric Lindros? I forget.
eric who? :confused:

mandy7
Sep 30th, 2004, 03:31 PM
eric lindros :p

Andy Mac
Sep 30th, 2004, 04:21 PM
eric lindros has lost his flair

GBFH
Sep 30th, 2004, 09:57 PM
eric lindros :p
i know :lol:

why does my humor never get across to people? meh...you all suck.