PDA

View Full Version : (3) Elena Bovina (RUS) d. (WC) Caroline Maes (BEL) 61 61

F-R-E-A-K
Sep 27th, 2004, 10:22 PM
:bounce: Udachi Lena Bovina :worship: :hearts: :kiss:

She has had a fairly good past month :D and I was a bit worried after her 2 weeks rest after U.S Open, but she came back strong and hopefully Bovina is still fit and healthy :)

Easy points for Lena in this tournament hopefully :kiss: :hearts:

Congrats Lena :worship: :bounce: :drool: :kiss:

smarties
Sep 27th, 2004, 10:38 PM
The big difference is that she put on some weight and she has a new female coach.

jenny161185
Sep 27th, 2004, 10:58 PM
If Elena could get it all together , she has an amazing talent and she be up there dominating with her countrywomen , hopefully her new coach will help :)

arn
Sep 27th, 2004, 10:58 PM
I saw the match. Elena had a good serve and a good bh inside out/dtl. The rest was just horible. She didn't play good at all IMO. The 61 61 is even flattering Elena, Caroline had lots of gamepoints.

But I'm sure she will improve. I have the feeling she wanted to overpower Caroline because of Caroline's low rank and it resulted in lots of UE's. Against better-ranked opponents she will probably play better :)

TennisVSTennis
Sep 27th, 2004, 11:43 PM
I dont understand why Caroline got the wildcard though, she's not the highest ranked player below Flipkens.:confused:
Anyways, good job playing her first ever debut WTA match at age 20:).
Though I was hoping Elke would have played this in s and d, of course that's not happening in either:sad:.

jimbo mack
Sep 28th, 2004, 04:27 PM
well done to my favourite russian!!

goldenlox
Sep 28th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Lena has won 12 of her last 15 matches, losing to Serena, Amelie, and Lindsay. She won Tier II New Haven.
Lena has been training at the Sanchez-Casal Academy in Barcelona since June.
They've done a great job with Svetlana, and Lena seems to be developing well also.