PDA

View Full Version : Svetalena Kuznetsova passes #1 Amelie Mauresmo in matches won in 2004.....

TennisVSTennis
Sep 27th, 2004, 09:12 PM
She has 54 matches won, and Amelie 53, she'll just have to win 6 more to pass Lindsay.
Only 5 people have over 40 wins this year, these 3 including Myskina and V. Williams.
After this week, has passed Vera Zvonereva to become the player with the most matches played in 2004 (71).
And she has played 67 matches in doubles in 2004 most on tour.

She still has Filderstadt, Moscow, Zurich, Philidephia, YEC to play.
She wont reach the 100 matches mark Kim did last year by the end of 2004.
However, with a combined matches played of 138 matches, she'll pass Kim who played 100 s + 50 d matches last year in # of matches played with 13 more matches. No one has played more than 150 matches in a year before Kim did since Martina Hingis.

Fewest matches played by a player this year in top 10 are
1) Kim Clijsters (23)
2) Jennifer Capriati (39)
3) Justine HH (40)
Elena Bovina played 37 this year, she'll probably pass Jennifer and Justine this week.

barmaid
Sep 27th, 2004, 09:32 PM
Interesting stats....way to go "Kuzzy" she may not be the most attractive Russian out there, nor the tallest, nor the blondest...but the girl has "game"!!:worship:

barmaid:wavey:

bmxbandit
Sep 27th, 2004, 09:40 PM
nice.

Bamafan717
Sep 27th, 2004, 09:46 PM
Huh? There are at least 7 with 40 wins.

Lindsay Davenport
Svetlana Kuznetsova
Amelie Mauresmo
Anastasia Myskina
Venus Williams
Na Li
Mashona Washington

TennisVSTennis
Sep 27th, 2004, 09:57 PM
Huh? There are at least 7 with 40 wins.

Lindsay Davenport
Svetlana Kuznetsova
Amelie Mauresmo
Anastasia Myskina
Venus Williams
Na Li
Mashona Washington
For WTA, they only remember WTA maindraw wins, the rest does not count.

esquímaux
Sep 27th, 2004, 10:16 PM
Factor in the doubles matches as well and I smell another Clijster-style burnout :o

goldenlox
Sep 28th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Interesting stats....way to go "Kuzzy" she may not be the most attractive Russian out there, nor the tallest, nor the blondest...but the girl has "game"!!:worship:

Not being a thin blonde will help Svetlana's career. The cheesecake hype is a tremendous distraction.

Linnie
Sep 28th, 2004, 05:18 PM
Worthless stat. Sveta's played 6 more tournaments than Amélie this year and has lost more matches (17 to Momo's 11).

TennisVSTennis
Sep 28th, 2004, 05:22 PM
Worthless stat. Sveta's played 6 more tournaments than Amélie this year and has lost more matches (17 to Momo's 11).
Who counts people's losses anyways:rolleyes:. The fact is Sveta has won more matches than Amelie this year.
She might have lower winning %, but the she has more actual wins, and a slam too I might add:).

Harju.
Sep 28th, 2004, 05:23 PM
WORDS!! :worship:

Linnie
Sep 28th, 2004, 05:24 PM
The fact is that she may have won one more match, but it took her more tournaments to do so.

And yes, I am aware that she won a slam :rolleyes:

goldenlox
Sep 28th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Svetlana turned 19 in June. She was losing in qualies last fall.
She is a big part of the future of this sport. Then next 5-7 years, Svetlana will be a force at every major.
If she stays healthy.

Linnie
Sep 28th, 2004, 05:49 PM
Don't get me wrong. My response had nothing to do with Sveta. I am a fan, and yes, I believe she'll be a force to be reckoned with for many years to come. I was just responding to some useless numbers ;)

TennisVSTennis
Sep 28th, 2004, 05:52 PM
Don't get me wrong. My response had nothing to do with Sveta. I am a fan, and yes, I believe she'll be a force to be reckoned with for many years to come. I was just responding to some useless numbers ;)
As if you are a fan.... :lol:....making Sveta looking less capable of Amelie.
If the #'s are useless, then I guess WTA can start ignoring them.
Sveta will pass Amelie in the ranking soon anyways:).

goldenlox
Sep 28th, 2004, 05:55 PM
Amelie is an excellent player. She beat Svetlana in Athens. They are at different periods of their careers.

Linnie
Sep 28th, 2004, 06:02 PM
As if you are a fan.... :lol:....making Sveta looking less capable of Amelie.
If the #'s are useless, then I guess WTA can start ignoring them.
Sveta will pass Amelie in the ranking soon anyways:).I don't appreciate anyone telling me who I am or am not a fan of.
And I don't think much of people pulling so-called "statistics" out of their ass :)

tenn_ace
Sep 28th, 2004, 06:06 PM
Sveta is my #1 fav player, but I still do agree with Linnie that this stat is kinda useless... I'd be more interested to discuss the total number of matches played as it could be a good predicament who is the next heading for an injury time out...

TennisVSTennis
Sep 28th, 2004, 06:10 PM
I don't appreciate anyone telling me who I am or am not a fan of.
And I don't think much of people pulling so-called "statistics" out of their ass :)
Those so call "asses" are courtesy of WTA...and it's capable of doing much more:o.
Once again.....the fact is Sveta won more matches than Amelie, period.:).
There is no need to try faking a fan, coz when you do, you look like an ass..no offense:).

Harju.
Sep 28th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Those so call "asses" are courtesy of WTA...and it's capable of doing much more:o.
There is no need to try faking a fan, coz when you do, you look like an ass..no offense:).
the way i see it, you look more like an ass. no offence :)

TennisVSTennis
Sep 28th, 2004, 06:15 PM
And you can kiss mine :kiss: :wavey:
Arent there already posters kissing yours;).....No thx...you can kiss your own ass.

Shenanigans
Sep 28th, 2004, 06:17 PM

Your argument is so pointless and pathetic, Sveta won more matches and played more tourneys, so what, you got nothing better do with ur time.

Well done Sveta and Momo they both had a good year.

Linnie
Sep 28th, 2004, 06:19 PM
Well done Sveta and Momo they both had a good year.Amen!

I'm done here :)

TennisVSTennis
Sep 28th, 2004, 06:19 PM
Your argument is so pointless and pathetic, Sveta won more matches and played more tourneys, so what, you got nothing better do with ur time.

Well done Sveta and Momo they both had a good year.
No need to get all mad about it......I'm not demeaning Amelie at all.
I already recognize Momo has less tournaments played, same goes for Justine.
The point in the thread is just to illustrate how well Sveta has done this year.
And in some aspects, might be better than Amelie, who is the undisputed #1 player in the world:).

ys
Sep 28th, 2004, 07:10 PM
Factor in the doubles matches as well and I smell another Clijster-style burnout :o
I think Clijsters would have loved to have this kind of "burnout"..

LucasArg
Sep 28th, 2004, 07:37 PM
Sveta is playing more tournaments, that is all

hablo
Sep 28th, 2004, 09:14 PM

Thanks for putting things into perspective !! :lol: :lol:

goldenlox
Sep 29th, 2004, 04:31 PM
I think Clijsters would have loved to have this kind of "burnout"..
I don't want Svetlana to have any kind of "burnout".
The most important coaching Svetlana will get from the Sanchez-Casal Academy is when to play, and when to rest.

Beat
Sep 29th, 2004, 05:10 PM
Who counts people's losses anyways:rolleyes:. The fact is Sveta has won more matches than Amelie this year.
She might have lower winning %, but the she has more actual wins, and a slam too I might add:).

huh? losses are an integral part to judge a player's year. e.g. i'm sure there were players who had won more matches than s. williams in 2002, still no-one's going to argue that it was williams who had the best year.

and now you are going to be a well-educated young man/woman and will apologize to linnie.