PDA

View Full Version : Serena UNSEEDED in Filderstadt

pierce0415
Sep 27th, 2004, 07:44 PM
With no withdrawals, the Top 8 at Filderstadt next week look like this. Unseeded players include Serena, Vera, Nadia, Ai and Mary. :eek:

1 Mauresmo Amelie France
2 Myskina Anastasia Russia
3 Davenport Lindsay USA
4 Henin-Hardenne Justine Belgium
5 Dementieva Elena Russia
6 Kuznetsova Svetlana Russia
7 Clijsters Kim Belgium
8 Capriati Jennifer USA

Therefore there could be first round matches between the players seeded 5-8 and any of the unseeded players ... Imagine Jen vs. Serena, Vera vs. Elena or Kim vs. Nadia first round :lol:

lindsayno1
Sep 27th, 2004, 07:46 PM
oooooooooooooh i hope lindsay plays kim and kicks arse!

TennisVSTennis
Incorrect, Filderstadt will be her 8th and final non-slam event where she'll be seeded as #1 in the world.

Miami
Amelia Island
Charleston
Rome
Los Angeles
San Diego
Beijing

then Filderstadt to finish the final special seeding off, smart move I might add.

She'll be normally seeded in Philidelphia though, I'm pretty sure she'll be seeded there anyways.

Stamp Paid
Hmm, and I bet all 8 of those aforementioned players want her as far away from them as possible. ;)

pierce0415
Sep 27th, 2004, 07:47 PM
Incorrect, Filderstadt will be her 8th and final non-slam event where she'll be seeded as #1 in the world.
Well if that is the case then Jen will be unseeded :tape:

lindsayno1
Sep 27th, 2004, 07:47 PM
i am looking forward to seeing the draw for this one!

PatM04
Sep 27th, 2004, 07:53 PM

Miami
Amelia Island
Charleston
Rome
Los Angeles
San Diego
Beijing

then Filderstadt to finish the final special seeding off, smart move I might add.

She'll be normally seeded in Philidelphia though, I'm pretty sure she'll be seeded there anyways.I read that China was her last protected tourney...hmmm? Oh well, either way it will surely make for a great week next week.

PatM04
Sep 27th, 2004, 07:54 PM
Check out this thread and read the first paragraph
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=134904

TennisVSTennis
Sep 27th, 2004, 07:55 PM
I read that China was her last protected tourney...hmmm? Oh well, either way it will surely make for a great week next week.
It does seem odd to me too since I have read and heard quite a few times Beijing is her last seeded tournament.
But I do believe it's 8 tournaments according to the rule WTA introduced, seeding Jennifer who did not win a single title this year ahead of Serena is just not right. I do hope to see Jennifer unseeded and play Serena in the first round though.

But Bob does made mistake sometimes too
1) He thought JCF was ahead of Andy the week before YEC last year as #1 in the world.
2) He miscalculated Viv's points last year placing her behind Paola when Vivi first became doubles #1 in the world.
So it's better if we wait for the WTA media release out.

Savior
Sep 27th, 2004, 07:55 PM
HA! Please God! Please, please, PLEASE let Capriati draw Serena in the first round. PLEASE!?!?

esquímaux
Sep 27th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Interesting :).

bandabou
Sep 27th, 2004, 08:02 PM
Indoors?! For Jennifer....don´t think that´d be a good draw.

Elldee
Sep 27th, 2004, 08:03 PM
Whether Serena's seeded first or unseeded Lindsay is 3 or 4, so as long as she's not 5 I'm happy.

Savior
Sep 27th, 2004, 08:03 PM
Indoors?! For Jennifer....don´t think that´d be a good draw.

Preeeeeecisely. :cool:

Jem
Sep 27th, 2004, 08:07 PM
Hmm, and I bet all 8 of those aforementioned players want her as far away from them as possible. ;)
That's a bet i wouldn't take!

thelittlestelf
Sep 27th, 2004, 08:58 PM
Holy crap... that hasn't happened in like a bajillion years!

Volcana
Sep 27th, 2004, 09:10 PM
Sucks for the organizers. A bad draw could mean being guaranteed to lose one of your big ticket sellers in the first match. OTOH, it would sell more tickets to THAT one first round match.

croat123
Sep 27th, 2004, 09:13 PM
k-lina is also unseeded

this could be the most packed tournament of the year

KoOlMaNsEaN
Sep 27th, 2004, 09:20 PM
very strong field! hope to get some good early matches!

hewittrok
Sep 27th, 2004, 09:23 PM
now the top ten are looking stronger then the top ten of last year.

Savior
Sep 27th, 2004, 09:26 PM
This is one of my favorite tournaments of the year because it seems like this happens EVERY year. The draw is only 24 and the prize money/points are so big that it draws the top-top players. So, you get people ranked #11 and #12 who aren't seeded.

Seems like Monica Seles had to play a big name in the first round here one year. Maybe it was Philadelphia. :confused:

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Sep 27th, 2004, 09:33 PM
I remember in 1998, I think Coetzer was ranked #10 and went unseeded.

Venus Forever
Sep 27th, 2004, 10:47 PM

Miami
Amelia Island
Charleston
Rome
Los Angeles
San Diego
Beijing

She'll be normally seeded in Philidelphia though, I'm pretty sure she'll be seeded there anyways.
Actually, I think they counted the Canadian Open because she was placed in the draw with that seeding, although she didn't play.

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Sep 27th, 2004, 11:27 PM
There are only two people in this tournament that you need to watch out for and its Serena Wiliams and Daniela Hantuchova!! They are going to demolish the field and compete in the final!! Good luck Girls!!! Especially Daniela!! Give us some top 10 wins!!

hotandspicey
Sep 27th, 2004, 11:32 PM
HA! Please God! Please, please, PLEASE let Capriati draw Serena in the first round. PLEASE!?!?You want JCap out in the 1st round? :p :(

TennisVSTennis
Sep 27th, 2004, 11:50 PM
Actually, I think they counted the Canadian Open because she was placed in the draw with that seeding, although she didn't play.
hmm...you might be right, in that case, Serena indeed will go unseeded, interesting:).

LucasArg
Sep 27th, 2004, 11:56 PM
Wow a great draw for sure, only Venus is missing.

faboozadoo15
Sep 28th, 2004, 12:32 AM
Seems like Monica Seles had to play a big name in the first round here one year. Maybe it was Philadelphia. :confused:
i think i remember what you're talking about... but remember, monica hasn't played in germany in over a decade.

SzavayFi
Sep 28th, 2004, 12:45 AM
Hmm, this is a tough draw but the time Daniela took off after the USO had a good effect on her i think, you people shouldnt underestimate her because shes a dangerous unseeded floater, theres a huge chance she will play a seed first.

beauty_is_pink
Sep 28th, 2004, 01:27 AM
There are only two people in this tournament that you need to watch out for and its Serena Wiliams and Daniela Hantuchova!! They are going to demolish the field and compete in the final!! Good luck Girls!!! Especially Daniela!! Give us some top 10 wins!!stop being so damn confident and cocky! :rolleyes:

anyways, it seems like a realli tough strong field, and should be an interesting tourney! i cant wait :cool: :D

Hurley
Sep 28th, 2004, 03:06 AM
With no withdrawals, the Top 8 at Filderstadt next week look like this. Unseeded players include Serena, Vera, Nadia, Ai and Mary. :eek:

1 Mauresmo Amelie France
2 Myskina Anastasia Russia
3 Davenport Lindsay USA
4 Henin-Hardenne Justine Belgium
5 Dementieva Elena Russia
6 Kuznetsova Svetlana Russia
7 Clijsters Kim Belgium
8 Capriati Jennifer USA

No, the draw will be based on this week's rankings. So it will be Mauresmo, Davenport, Henin, Myskina in that order. Unless Serena still has her SS.

LucasArg
Sep 28th, 2004, 04:36 AM
I really don´t care if Serena is seeded or not, she will win the tournament anyways.

Go Serena!!! :wavey:

cheo23
Sep 28th, 2004, 05:15 AM
Exactly..I don't Understand how Filderstadt is ONLY a TIER 2....when this Happens Most of the Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! THis Tournament should convert to a TIER 1..Whats Up with that Sucky WTA like organization ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?/////

DEETHELICK
Sep 28th, 2004, 08:17 AM
Well some BIG names are going to be unseeded. And looking at everyone's form, no-one is really dominating. Add in all the floaters, this is going to be a very exciting tournament.

I say keep an eye out for Lindsay.

But I hope Elena D wins (Jen too, but this is indoors). If Maria had played, this would have been an amazing tournament. And Venus too!

Gogo123
Sep 28th, 2004, 08:48 AM
Hopefully, this means more quality points for Serena

kadirelf
Sep 28th, 2004, 08:50 AM
no problem
okey serena play 1.tur and extra point
serena def 1.tur no seeded
serena def 2.tur seed
serena def qf.seed
serena def sf.seed
serena def f.seed

go renaaaaaaaa
extra point and rena

azmad_88
Sep 28th, 2004, 08:51 AM
as long kim wins this one il be happy

saphir1
Sep 28th, 2004, 09:41 AM
Well, I looked up the commitment list at the Filderstadt tourney web site and it has Serena on the 9h position. So it really seems like she will not be seeded.

And concerning Filderstadt being a Tier II event...
Last year was the first time, I went to Filderstadt. It always has a great field and is very interesting to see on TV. But being at the side, I was so disappointed. On the other way, I think I know why it always has such a good field...
The tournament is held actually in a village. It's very far away from the city of Stuttgart and there is actually nothing interesting in the nearer surrounding. It's kind of isolated. I think it's one of the tourney where the players are quite for theirselves, what they certainly appreciate. And I think that's the reason why Filderstadt cannot afford to be a Tier I, it is just too small and isolated. The stadium is not big enough for a Tier I crowd and the amount of the people would not be more than the one of the German Open in Berlin.

Chunchun
Sep 28th, 2004, 09:53 AM
so after Filderstadt Serena will not have SS?

Chance
Sep 28th, 2004, 10:00 AM
is this the tournament where the players end up getting serveral nice gifts ranging from perfumes, watches to clothes?

azmad_88
Sep 28th, 2004, 10:14 AM
Cars i think so

tobe
Sep 28th, 2004, 10:44 AM
is this the tournament where the players end up getting serveral nice gifts ranging from perfumes, watches to clothes?

Yeah, right! The service is said to be terrific (in the hotel too)

rightous
Sep 28th, 2004, 12:12 PM
Shouldn't Davenport be second seed anyways???? I think Serena should be third seed after Amilie and Lindsay and Justine 4th

DA FOREHAND
Sep 28th, 2004, 01:43 PM
Why are you people so obsessed w/Serena's and while it lasted Venus' special seeding?

Funny how a few short months ago the same people were writing them off as yesterdays news, now you're concerned w/how early they will meet your fav. in a tournament.

TYPICAL

Experimentee
Sep 28th, 2004, 02:00 PM
Filderstadt has always been one of the strongest non-Slam events, even including Tier I's. I personally dont care if Serena is unseeded, i know she can beat any player on any given day and theres not realy one player that i wouldnt want to see her draw in the 1st round, except maybe Davenport.

DUNEMAN
Sep 28th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Why are you people so obsessed w/Serena's and while it lasted Venus' special seeding?

Funny how a few short months ago the same people were writing them off as yesterdays news, now you're concerned w/how early they will meet your fav. in a tournament.

TYPICAL :wavey: :worship: :worship: :worship: :clap2: :bigclap: :clap2: :bigclap:
and that is Gospel :worship: :worship: :worship:

DannerCal
Sep 28th, 2004, 02:38 PM
I don't think the other players would want Serena or Jennifer as a floater in the draw. They must have some really nice perks to get such a strong turn out.

heartBREAKeRS
Sep 28th, 2004, 03:44 PM
I really don´t care if Serena is seeded or not, she will win the tournament anyways.

Go Serena!!! :wavey:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :drive: :drive: :hatoff:
gogogogogogo SEREN :worship: :kiss: ....PS U got that right :D

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Sep 28th, 2004, 04:34 PM
stop being so damn confident and cocky! :rolleyes:

anyways, it seems like a realli tough strong field, and should be an interesting tourney! i cant wait :cool: :D

What is your problem? :confused: SHouldnt u, being a big Daniela Fan, be confident in her ability to win matches?? Well i dont care about what u think but i am hoping that Daniela gets to the final because she has the game to do so. :fiery:

GoDominique
Sep 28th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Sucks for the organizers. A bad draw could mean being guaranteed to lose one of your big ticket sellers in the first match. OTOH, it would sell more tickets to THAT one first round match.
Your silly ticket-selling routine gets boring. :zzz:

Filderstadt certainly doesn't rely on either Serena or Jen to be in the draw. And most tickets are sold already anyway.