PDA

View Full Version : US Coverage of the WTA Indoor Season/Lack there of :(

AK-DH Fan
Sep 27th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Why don't we get most coverage of WTA tournaments in the fall. We always have (pretty much)a full coverage of the spring/summer tournaments, but I think the fall tournaments have been egnored as far as coverage is conserned. Does anybody know why? I don't know how u guys feel, but I feel like after the US Open we have to wait a while to see tourament coverage. Sure maybe they'll show a little action from the Kremlin Cup, Advanda Champs, & The year end Championships. But to me that's not really much at all. Does anybody know the schedule of the US's TV Scheduled for this indoor season? Weather it be FSN or ESPN. If anyone has it, could u share it with us? Just curious if we're gonna get the same kinda coverage that we've gotten the last couple of years. Thanx:)

croat123
Sep 27th, 2004, 02:33 PM
actually, they won't show the kremlin cup nor the advanta champs...

search for my webcast thread in gm

AK-DH Fan
Sep 27th, 2004, 02:36 PM
actually, they won't show the kremlin cup nor the advanta champs...

search for my webcast thread in gm

Well I know their showing the Advanda Champs. but not on ESPN or FSN. It will be on for all who live in the Philadelphia area:) But what the heck. I luv the Kremlin Cup. No coverage!!!That's bs, that's one of my favorite tourments I luv to watch, or should I say it used to be :rolleyes:

AK-DH Fan
Sep 27th, 2004, 06:10 PM
Sorry, I couldn't find it. So what is ESPN showing? The YEC and that's it. I hope there's more

SzavayFi
Sep 27th, 2004, 06:29 PM
they should show coverage of Filderstalt, thats one favorite tourny to watch besides and GS or and tournament in the USA, my two others r the nasdaq 500 and indian wells

lizchris
Sep 27th, 2004, 06:30 PM
ESPN will not show fall events other than Davis Cup and the YEC and that is because of adding Wimbledon to their schedule. In additon, in the US in the fall, they broadcast college and professional football, the important baseball games leading up to and including the playoffs, basketball and hockey (where there will be no coverage this year because of the lockout), so there is no room for tennis.:fiery:

As far as the Advanta Championships, if you live in NJ and SE Pennsylvania, I think you can see it on the CN8 cable channel.:) I know I did last year.

SzavayFi
Sep 27th, 2004, 06:32 PM
what about the tennis channel?

AK-DH Fan
Sep 27th, 2004, 07:04 PM
As far as the Advanta Championships, if you live in NJ and SE Pennsylvania, I think you can see it on the CN8 cable channel.:) I know I did last year.

Yeah, I'm happy to have CN8. But I think they really need to figure out their scheduling(ESPN). THis year we had like not much claycourt coverage either. I don't think that just because they showed the US Open Series that it makes for it. I just miss watching the Kremlin Cup. I guess I have to wait a while till I see it again.

I wish Fiderstad was covered here. Well, looks like all us Dani-fans in the US are out of luck for the rest of the year:( Hopefully there will be videos from her upcoming tournaments on the net

lizchris
Sep 27th, 2004, 07:05 PM
Yeah, I'm happy to have CN8. But I think they really need to figure out their scheduling(ESPN). THis year we had like not much claycourt coverage either. I don't think that just because they showed the US Open Series that it makes for it. I just miss watching the Kremlin Cup. I guess I have to wait a while till I see it again.

I wish Fiderstad was covered here. Well, looks like all us Dani-fans in the US are out of luck for the rest of the year:( Hopefully there will be videos from her upcoming tournaments on the net

Like I said, when EPSN picked up Wimbledon coverage, they cut back on coverage of events outside of the US.

miranda_lou
Sep 27th, 2004, 09:23 PM
The Tennis Channel will be showing some or all of these indoor events, both men and women.:worship: They showed the China Open this past weekend and that other one from Asia the weekend before.:kiss: (I can't keep up on the names of these things.:rolleyes: ) They showed the Davis Cup semi between Spain and France. Also, lately they have been showing finals of tournaments from earlier this year (Memphis, for example, both men and women.)

They will show the two Masters Cups (men) from Paris and Madrid, also.:hearts:

Call your cable provider and beg for the Tennis Channel. You'll be amazed at what you'll see.:cool:

TennisVSTennis
Sep 27th, 2004, 09:28 PM
I do believe Advanta Championship is on webtv as well.
But indoor tournaments are Europe mostly, I dont think European can see China either.
Not to mention the US Open series that European didnt get to see.

Rolling-Thunder
Sep 27th, 2004, 10:28 PM
The only reason I have cable is becuase of the Tennis Channel. You need to write to your cable company and let them know you want it added to their lineup beyond the basics. They can easily do it. This is esepcially true for people in big market areas or people with Comcast. Get on them. You pay too much money for all the other crap.

Rolling-Thunder
Sep 27th, 2004, 10:37 PM
TC has the China Open Final again @8pm EST Monday.

Capster
Sep 27th, 2004, 10:54 PM
^^ YAY I'll watch!

Brian Stewart
Sep 28th, 2004, 08:52 AM
If ESPN doesn't want them, why not put tournaments on Lifetime or Oxygen? It would draw bigger ratings than most of the stuff they carry. And most of the tournaments are carried by local television, so all they'd have to do is pick up the feed. Then just hire an announcer to provide whatever commentary is necessary (which isn't much).