PDA

View Full Version : what happened to Rothes?

vogus
Sep 26th, 2004, 07:09 PM
is there a thread explaining why Rothes was banned?

There was a bit of chatter in GM about Rothes being an "extravagant creation" (i think that's a switz quote) from NZ which i assume means New Zealand. I don't see why he should have been banned for being from New Zealand, probably he's a Swiss person living in NZ, who cares, this is cyberspace. I didn't always see eye to eye with Rothes but he was a sincere fan of Patty and the other Swiss players, and he was one of a very few people posting in the Patty forum on a regular basis. Also Rothes had a very unique and creative posting style and use of language, some of his grammatical constructions and the words he made up were absolute diamonds, i wish i could remember them all. Of course Rothes was a bit of a stark raving lunatic as well but then that's par for the course for true Patty fans - it wouldn't surprise me if we all end up in the same mental institution someday (Patty included - can't you just hear her screaming "Disgusting bitch!" at the ward nurse for bringing her the wrong flavored yogurt at breakfast? Or imagine Patty and JR getting into a huge fight over who gets the last chocolate doughnut!) But seriously, it would take nothing short of a literary genius to invent a character like Rothes, so i assume he was authentic.

Rothes :worship: good luck, man

switz
Sep 26th, 2004, 11:54 PM
i guess he was a geniun then vogus. Rothes was a complete creation of a guy from New Zealand. He's not Swiss, he's not Christian, but yes he is a Patty fan. You may also have seen the posts of posters name 'Pudence' - that was the same guy. I don't quite understand what happened or why someone would put quite so much effort into a character, but i did confront him and he isn't that bad a bloke.

btw i also commented on how well he wrote for as a swiss person considering his first language is actually english but he didn't seem to understand what i was saying - apparently it was just bad typing.

switz
Sep 26th, 2004, 11:59 PM
i would post some of 'Pudence' posts for you but unfortunately (well fortunately actually) all of the ones about how supporting black people is immoral and how he would like to finger the "jubjub" of shenay perry have been deleted.

he claims this is not his real personality but how knows what to believe

vogus
Sep 27th, 2004, 04:10 AM
good lord.

so that is why he got banned, for writing that about Shenay?

but listen, Rothes sometimes posted in German and maybe also, if my memory serves me, Italian, and i doubt that's something you can fake if you are just some random guy from New Zealand. As recently as the "Patty's hardcourt season" thread, he made a post in German, and in general he seemed very knowledgeable about all the Swiss players.

switz
Sep 27th, 2004, 07:14 AM
to be honest it's all a bit confusing. i have a decent grasp of german and italian in terms of speaking but i don't know much about grammar, syntax etc. i do know that their are plenty of converters around that could perform that task if your not having an actual conversation.

all i know is he is a poster i used to talk to called "allegra" on msn. i had my doubts about rothes but i never followed them through because as you said he is a knowledgable patty fan and what difference does it really make to me where he lives.

we soughted it out but he was very aggressive initially when i confronted him - saying i was so gullible etc etc - which indicates he thought he had something over us.

rothes didn't get banned for the shenay things - that was 'pudence'. i don't really know what rothes got banned for but it seems like he got bored with the personality and let himself go.

switz
Sep 27th, 2004, 07:15 AM
oh he also made all these comments about how shit patty was etc when i confronted him - so that was confusing as well.

switz
Sep 27th, 2004, 07:16 AM
i think he is JR as well.

Joana
Sep 27th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Wasn't Rothes supposed to be a girl?

LefandePatty
Sep 27th, 2004, 07:04 PM
Hi every body!
How are you?
Is Rothes banned? :confused:
Are there Patty Schnyder's fans SWISS? Or Am I the only? :confused:
Who's going to the WTA tournament of Zurich? :D

Mariangelina
Sep 30th, 2004, 12:00 AM
The immediate reason Rothes got banned was sending me a really obnoxious PM. I reported "her", not knowing any of this persona stuff. But from what people insinuated it sounds like the mods were watching The Poster Formerly Known As Rothes for a while before that. I don't really know anything about the persona bit, but Rothes has been gone for a little while.

*JR*
Oct 7th, 2004, 01:44 AM
i think he is JR as well.Such Silly Switz Suspicions! :retard: BTW:

Hhhhoooopppp Ssssccchhhhwwwiiizzz! :p

Brαm
Oct 7th, 2004, 08:07 AM
Wasn't Rothes supposed to be a girl?
Yeah! :scratch:

Dizzy Miss Lizzy
Oct 9th, 2004, 02:03 PM
Rothes was a fake person? WTF :eek: :confused: She/he was very convincing tbh and had a lot of friends on this board. Some people have too much time on their hands it seems. :rolleyes:

switz
Oct 11th, 2004, 02:25 PM
Rothes was a fake person? WTF :eek: :confused: She/he was very convincing tbh and had a lot of friends on this board. Some people have too much time on their hands it seems. :rolleyes:

finally my favourite patty poster returns

Dizzy Miss Lizzy
Oct 18th, 2004, 06:08 PM
finally my favourite patty poster returns
I'm your fav patty poster? :eek: Why is that?

switz
Oct 19th, 2004, 03:27 AM
I'm your fav patty poster? :eek: Why is that?

you don't appear to be a freak (who knows thouugh) and you've never attacked me for not being negative enough. not much of a criteria i know.

Dizzy Miss Lizzy
Oct 19th, 2004, 05:37 PM
I don't think I'm a freak, but who am I to judge. And attacking other people isn't really my style. Unfortunately, i'm a bit off tennis lately, it just doesn't interest me anymore. So i don't think i will post here often. Maybe next season i'll find they joy in watching tennis back.

switz
Oct 20th, 2004, 08:21 AM
I don't think I'm a freak, but who am I to judge. And attacking other people isn't really my style. Unfortunately, i'm a bit off tennis lately, it just doesn't interest me anymore. So i don't think i will post here often. Maybe next season i'll find they joy in watching tennis back.

yeah i know what you mean.

Dizzy Miss Lizzy
Oct 23rd, 2004, 10:21 AM
Seems like Patty is back on track. ;)