PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Jeanne

Julian
Sep 26th, 2004, 04:37 AM
Well Floridians we're in for another one..I think having at least one week of no rain will actually be very surprising for me now lol

jbone_0307
Sep 26th, 2004, 04:44 AM
Where are you???? They are getting pounded.

Bamafan717
Sep 26th, 2004, 08:55 AM
Well, that is what happens when people start saying "Well, looks like Jeanne is headin' out to sea". When you hear or say stuff like that, say this:
"Knock on wood" or "Don't count your chickens before they hatch"

jbone_0307
Sep 26th, 2004, 09:31 AM
Yeah, they were saying that it posed no threat to U.S. mainland hhhmm, what happened. Melbourne is frickin getting pounded. Im watching it on CCN w/Anderson Cooper and for like 5-6 hours with 90+mph winds. Orlando is about to get it now, they have gust close to 60 mph and the STORM IS NOWHERE NEAR the area.

flyingmachine
Sep 26th, 2004, 10:02 AM
This is truely gobal warming at it's worse. :rolleyes:

esquímaux
Sep 26th, 2004, 11:21 AM
Yeah, they were saying that it posed no threat to U.S. mainland hhhmm, what happened. Melbourne is frickin getting pounded. Im watching it on CCN w/Anderson Cooper and for like 5-6 hours with 90+mph winds. Orlando is about to get it now, they have gust close to 60 mph and the STORM IS NOWHERE NEAR the area.Anderson Cooper.....:drool:

Julian
Sep 26th, 2004, 02:33 PM
Sigh Bamafan you are right. For years everytime they say a hurricane would be coming we would not take it seriously and sure enough it was miss us everytime..THIS YEAR however almost every single hurricane spotted has come to us..taste of our own medicine perhaps?? But still..looking out my window is still very very scary..

Meesh
Sep 26th, 2004, 04:21 PM
I can't believe I have power during this hurricane! I'm really surprised! :bounce:

Charley broke my soffit (sp) in my roof and had limbs down. Minor stuff. The soffit thing just hooks back up in the roof. It's the underside of the roof. I had no power for 2 days

Frances screwed my TV and PC during a power surge. I had no WATER, NO ELECTRIC for 3 or 4 days... and just some limbs down.

Now Jeanne is just pouring rain in buckets! The wind is around 60mph. The rain is up to my car. I have sandbags down so it won't come in my garage.

Stay Safe Fellow Floridians.. and those in Georgia and Carolina's.

CondiLicious
Sep 26th, 2004, 04:49 PM
I haven't heard from my gf in St Lucie West yet... near where the hurricane made landfall. I know the power will be out and the phones as well. I'll try calling her cell in a few hours :( I know her parents house (she lives in Palm Beach but stays with her parents during hurricanes) won't have much damage as it's a really strong building but she was supposed to be working yesterday and I'm worried incase she didn't get home before the strong winds came...