PDA

View Full Version : Saw the new Adidas ad...

Brian Stewart
Mar 14th, 2002, 07:57 PM
...with Anna. They showed it twice during South Park last night.

bmomomax
Mar 14th, 2002, 08:05 PM
Me too.

I've got nothing against Anna. When I've seen her play, I've always wondered why she hasn't won a title because I can SEE talent.

Anyway, I wanted to get that out in case anyone sees this as critical...

But why would they use a Marilyn Monroe image? I mean, by no stretch of the imagination is Anna K Monroe-esque. The marketing firm should have thought of a better gimic, something more fitting for Anna.

But good for her. That's the second commercial I've seen her in - the other was the financial one.

Sam L
Mar 16th, 2002, 05:15 AM
I love tennis commercials :) But we get shown so few here in Australia :( I doubt we'll get to see this one either.

My favourite was Anna and Martina playing doubles tennis in a nightclub sort of place with other people standing around watching and dancing :)

Jordan.
Mar 16th, 2002, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by Sam L
My favourite was Anna and Martina playing doubles tennis in a nightclub sort of place with other people standing around watching and dancing :)

I know which one your talking about!OMG!I loved that!It also had Marat Safin and JMG in it...I loved that music too..

Unfortunately I have not seen the commercial yet,hopefully I will.
:)

aura of daniela
Mar 16th, 2002, 05:32 AM
I'm in Australia, and tennis is probably in the top 3 in most played sports, probably after AFL Football, and maybe Basketball.
But, apart from the odd one during the Australian Open, I can't remember the last time I've seen an ad for tennis.
Probably the one were Hingis was hitting a tennis ball thru that town.
And I also remember the Nite Club one with Hingis and Kournikova, but they were both a long time ago.
I'm surprised the 'new balls please' ads never came down here.
Soccer and Basketball seen to be the sports that are advertised down here. The stupid thing is, Basketball is not broadcast at all on free to air TV, and very little Soccer is shown either.
If you want to see those sports, Cable is really the only way, whereas tennis, mostly the Grand Slam are always show live.
So network executives must have stuff up bad.

Simon

ajayares
Mar 16th, 2002, 10:17 AM
This particular Adidas Ad will be shown in Australia (Melbourne atleast starting from March 17th) Tomorrow..

-Sonic-
Mar 16th, 2002, 12:14 PM
i love that night cub one as well, it is indeed the best advert ever! i was lucky enough to get it on video during the french open in 2000

exoneuk
Mar 16th, 2002, 12:19 PM
*connects tv to digital with IMMENSE urgency just to see adverts*

I wish they'd show em on terrestrial cos the last tennis'y advert I saw was the Sampras Agassi thingy in the middle of Times Square (I think)

Or was it that daft one where they neer stopped playing ONE POINT...

veryborednow
Mar 16th, 2002, 05:52 PM
I just saw it. Made me laugh.

I agree the Marilyn Monroe thing. why? she looks completely out of it...

monicain
Mar 16th, 2002, 06:07 PM
Anybody got a pics? I just seen it once in the newspaper:o

Mazza
Mar 16th, 2002, 06:53 PM
I saw it today for the first time........It starts off really good but I have to admit Anna ruined it!!! I prefered the Nightclub one and also the one with Martina in the traffic one :)

veryborednow
Mar 16th, 2002, 07:50 PM
Was it me or in the Martina traffic advert didn't one of the people talking about her practially call her ugly and unattractive?

*Izzy*
Mar 16th, 2002, 08:36 PM
I saw the new ad the other day. It's ok, nothing to write home about though.

I never saw the Martina in traffic one, but it sounds pretty funny if people were slagging her off in it!:p

Sam L
Mar 17th, 2002, 04:36 AM
Regarding the Martina in traffic one: people weren't slagging her off, they were slagging off the one short sleeved shirt. Remember? But I think they were saying she made it look good or something like that. It was set in the streets of Rome I think.

Also the Monroe ad with Anna, I hope they show that in Sydney too, Ajayares. I don't see why they would only have it in Melbourne.

Yes I know the nightclub was really popular, I don't know why they don't show it anymore! :(

Sam L
Mar 19th, 2002, 12:36 PM
OK I saw this last night... I must admit if I didn't know about this before, I wouldn't have known it was Anna! :o

I think the ad was alright. The concepts and ideas were good, except the execution could've been better. I think Anna needed to be totally monroe or totally originally. She was in the middle and didn't really suit it. I thought the blue dress was horrible too.

ajayares
Mar 19th, 2002, 12:52 PM
I only said Melbourne, becuase there was an article in our paper about..

Haven't seen it as yet...
BTW what show were you watching last night when it was on??? It might give me an idea of what channel it was on, so I can look out for it...

Sam L
Mar 19th, 2002, 10:45 PM
LOL. I think it was the Secret Life of Us :)

I didn't expect it to be on then ;)

Mazza
Mar 20th, 2002, 05:19 PM
Now not also is there an Anna ad for the climatecool..whatever there called trainers, the is also one with David Beckham! Well It is better than the Anna one!

goshka
Mar 20th, 2002, 09:33 PM
That new comercial can be viewed at:

http://www.adidas.com/campaigns/climacool/content/application/frame.asp

Enjoy,
Goshka

Light-skinned Girl
Mar 20th, 2002, 09:50 PM
I *think* the shoe is called the Climacool. Anyway I liked the ad and her Marilyn Monroe parody was cute. :)

veryborednow
Mar 20th, 2002, 09:56 PM
I just saw the David Beckham one. I didn't realise the 2 were related.... so to speak. not that adverts can be related.

Sam L
Mar 21st, 2002, 09:13 AM
OK firstly I haven't seen the David Beckham one, I think he's really cute ;) I'll look out for that one.