PDA

View Full Version : What pop-up blocker do y'all use?

Peter M
Sep 25th, 2004, 09:37 PM
Any good, free ones?

Thanks! :kiss:

ToeTag
Sep 25th, 2004, 11:48 PM
If you're using XP,and dl service pak 2 that has a pop up blocker for IE...better yet dl firefox that also has a built in blocker.

Andy Mac
Sep 25th, 2004, 11:51 PM
no clue....but u shud use adaware for gettin rid of viruses n shit

KoOlMaNsEaN
Sep 26th, 2004, 12:23 AM
Well up here on the XP we use the msn toolbar

downstairs on the 98 we use the google toolbar that blocks pop up and the yahoo toolbar which has anti-spy.

beauty_is_pink
Sep 26th, 2004, 12:42 AM
i use yahoo!

Fingon
Sep 26th, 2004, 12:46 AM
I used to use the Google tool bar but now that I have SP 2 and let it do the job.

Harju.
Sep 26th, 2004, 12:50 AM
Netscape 7.2 now have a pop up blocker.:woohoo:

netscape :rocker2:

Lemonskin.
Sep 26th, 2004, 12:52 AM
Pop up blocker pro and spyware detector v4.3.5

and use adaware regularly

Jeleno Benesovo
Sep 26th, 2004, 01:08 AM
I use Opera, so I haven't why to worry for any pop-ups never ever ;)

decemberlove
Sep 26th, 2004, 01:25 AM
AdsGone blocked 362904 ads to date. 290 ads today.

and i use spybot every two weeks or so.

esquímaux
Sep 26th, 2004, 01:49 AM
Admuncher is the best; forget the rest ;)

Ekkekko
Sep 26th, 2004, 02:05 AM
Pop up stopper free edition from http://www.panicware.com/product_downloads.html

Wigglytuff
Sep 26th, 2004, 02:15 AM
']Netscape 7.2 now have a pop up blocker.:woohoo:

netscape :rocker2:

netscape has had pop up blocking since netscape 4.7

i forgot to add, because netscape has almost always had pop blocker built in, i used to use it, but since aol built it, its become more and more weighed down with stuff so i started youing firefox. which is like a car to the horse and buggy IE interms of inovation, user friendlyness, style and just plain helping you enjoy the net instead of being afriad of it or controlled by it and its pop ups.

but people should know that IE is a harzard, there was a major bug a few weeks ago where in mircosoft asked people not to use IE, and as for as i know it is still not fixed. pop up blockers dont help against secruity holes and neither do updates because 1-most people dont download them, and mircoevil takes months between the time a hole is known and an update released.

Ted of Teds Tennis
Sep 26th, 2004, 02:54 AM
Searchlight wrote:
but people should know that IE is a harzard, there was a major bug a few weeks ago where in mircosoft asked people not to use IE, and as for as i know it is still not fixed.

"a" major bug? As in only one? :)

I use Opera, which has a nice "Block unwanted pop-ups" option which accepts those that involve clicking on a link or button, but not the ones that come automatically with another page.

Emptiness
Sep 26th, 2004, 03:42 AM
I use Opera too. I like the mouse gestures, makes being lazy easier.

xr6turbo
Sep 26th, 2004, 05:17 AM
Firefox.... :) The Best Browser Ever!!!!!

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

Ting
Sep 26th, 2004, 11:06 AM
I use google.

thalle
Sep 26th, 2004, 11:25 AM
msn toolbar. i love the cute little sound it makes:)

Elske
Sep 26th, 2004, 11:36 AM

:worship: :D

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 26th, 2004, 01:07 PM
I got XP service pack 2
had the google bar before (still got it)

about Mozilla Firefox
how do you copy/paste on that browser ?
It dont have that function when u right click ??

Emptiness
Sep 26th, 2004, 01:09 PM
Pffffffft FireFox. Go for Opera! I can even tell you how to get rid of the ad.

decemberlove
Sep 26th, 2004, 02:36 PM
netscape has had pop up blocking since netscape 4.7

i forgot to add, because netscape has almost always had pop blocker built in, i used to use it, but since aol built it, its become more and more weighed down with stuff so i started youing firefox. which is like a car to the horse and buggy IE interms of inovation, user friendlyness, style and just plain helping you enjoy the net instead of being afriad of it or controlled by it and its pop ups.

but people should know that IE is a harzard, there was a major bug a few weeks ago where in mircosoft asked people not to use IE, and as for as i know it is still not fixed. pop up blockers dont help against secruity holes and neither do updates because 1-most people dont download them, and mircoevil takes months between the time a hole is known and an update released.
i don't remember microsoft asking us not to use IE. :lol:

i'm fine with the updated pop-up blocker, spybot, and norton anti-virus corporate edition. never had any problems. and i don't find it annoying to use them. im lazy, but not that lazy.

yawl are just a bunch of drama queens :p

Rocketta
Sep 26th, 2004, 03:02 PM
I'm surprised the mods haven't locked or deleted this thread yet? ;)

Martian Willow
Sep 26th, 2004, 03:37 PM
Why would anyone download SP2?

Wigglytuff
Sep 26th, 2004, 06:31 PM
i don't remember microsoft asking us not to use IE. :lol:

i'm fine with the updated pop-up blocker, spybot, and norton anti-virus corporate edition. never had any problems. and i don't find it annoying to use them. im lazy, but not that lazy.

yawl are just a bunch of drama queens :p

they did, it was everywhere. there were a NUMBER of threads about it here.

as i recall, there was a flaw that would allow someone with the know to upload a piece of code to a random website and then people logging on to that would site would then download a virus or malicious code.

most major websites were affected, ebay, yahoo, amazon. and a number of people here posted that they had been affected.

mircosoft then went on record that day, asking users NOT to use IE until a patch was released, but i never heard about any patch being released.

again DL, it usually takes microsoft months to release patch for known holes so even if you download a patch the day it is released your system has been exposed for months.

Jeleno Benesovo
Sep 26th, 2004, 10:24 PM

Firefox is not bad... But Opera rulez!!!
:cool: