PDA

View Full Version : Mariah to start new label

rightous
Mar 14th, 2002, 04:53 PM
From Worldpop news:

Mariah Carey is reported to be looking to start her own record label. The R&B crooner has been without a label since January. Virgin Records terminated her deal after Mariah's soundtrack for the movie Glitter flopped. Carey reportedly received a record $49 million payout to leave the label.

The star's attorney, Don Passman, said that the label, 'will not only feature Mariah's talents, but other artists' too.' Madonna's successful Maverick label was apparently the inspiration behind the idea.

If Carey decides to form her own company it will be her second chance at managing a roster of artists as well as her own career. In 1997 Carey created Crave Records with her previous label, Sony Music. Crave was home to acts such as Allure, 7 Mile, and S.O.A.P.

However, Crave was shut down one year later when Carey divorced her husband, Sony Music boss, Tommy Mottola.

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Mar 14th, 2002, 05:34 PM
ooohhh.... so, who told you this? The queen herself? ;) :kiss:

vw43
Mar 14th, 2002, 05:37 PM
I hope things work out for Mariah...she seems to have had a really tough time as of late...I am not a huge fan of her's but I think she's a very talented vocalist.

She has enough cash flow to do pretty much anything for the rest of her life. Did anyone see her closet (if that's what you want to call it, it's the size of my first apartment) on MTV's Cribs?

:eek:

rightous
Mar 14th, 2002, 10:51 PM
Marri she was telling me the other day that she wanted to start her label and then the world, I'm going to be her second in command, I'm the passive one in the relationship;)

vw45 I do agree with you I hope she gets back on her feet, cos she's a very talented woman and her house is bigger than my whole neighbour;)

Kisha
Mar 14th, 2002, 10:54 PM
Mark, you mean you and Mariah are still together? Not what she's been telling me!;)

rightous
Mar 14th, 2002, 11:14 PM
Well we spilt b/c of my other commitments, but we are on, she is doing good, yeah she said she saw you at the rehab clinic when she was doing a charity gig;)

Kisha
Mar 14th, 2002, 11:17 PM
yeah, she said i looked really pretty in my straight jacket!:)

rightous
Mar 14th, 2002, 11:24 PM
Well she had to say something to make you feel better;) She said it didn't look pretty, make-up and hair everywhere apparently;)

Kisha
Mar 14th, 2002, 11:27 PM
lol, she said that i put the beaut in beautiful!

rightous
Mar 14th, 2002, 11:31 PM
oh she definely said that but didn't ya forget the un bit at the start;)

Jessica02
Mar 14th, 2002, 11:33 PM
:wavey: Hi

Good Luck to the lengend that is..Miss Carey!
I hope things work out this time I REALLY do she needs to write her OWN material too. Too many hip - hop wanna be producers have been partly to blame for mariahs come down of late.

Talent like hers is timeless...

I'll just txt her and tell her just that!

Keesh Im sure you do put the beaut in beautiful!

Kisha
Mar 14th, 2002, 11:37 PM
Mark - Mariah is my girl, we talk all the time. hang on. that might be in my head.:confused: :confused:

Hey Jessi! - cool txt mariah, tell her to get her ass online and look at the thread when Mark offers himself to Imelda!

thanks for saying that!:)

rightous
Mar 14th, 2002, 11:39 PM
Jess girl how are ya:wavey: I so agree with ya I hope she writes her own songs and goes into the studio on her own with no other producers, I think it would reflect the true Mariah.

Jess sweetie, Mariah was asking after ya the last time we were together, I hear she's looking for backing singers:) Kisha girl ots all good and you know there's love.

Jessica02
Mar 14th, 2002, 11:48 PM
Dats cool I'll just confirm it with Maz whan i go to her Crib tonite.

Apparently thers gonna be sex, drugs and rock and roll Interested?

( Im not definitely druggie...in case you think thats the case my behavior however dosent really back that up!)

rightous
Mar 14th, 2002, 11:53 PM
Mariah did say something about sex but nothing about drugs and alochol gee maybe I should pull her up on that:eek: :eek:

Girl are ya sure you not on something, Kisha said you were in rehab with her;)

Jessica02
Mar 15th, 2002, 12:06 AM
:o....No-one was supposed to know it was mine and Mariah's little secret. Kisha that Gossip...I suppose I shouldnt mention that she was attending anger mangement sessions with Whitney..shhh

I'll just txt Whitney and see if she wants to come to while im at it I may as well ask Lauryn, Maxwell, and India..

You can txt bev and the brit crew...No so solid though please!

LucasArg
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by vw43
She has enough cash flow to do pretty much anything for the rest of her life. Did anyone see her closet (if that's what you want to call it, it's the size of my first apartment) on MTV's Cribs?

:eek:

And the mermaid room is amazing too;)

Jessica02
Mar 15th, 2002, 09:19 PM
I saw it Lucas. It was beautiful the mermaid room and her bedroom, she has her own salon and everything....

WoW it was amazing all those shoes!!

rightous
Mar 16th, 2002, 08:57 PM
Jess sweetie, Mariah and me made a *coughs* splash in that room, she loves to play in there;)

No, we don't want the British Crew we meant end up gettting shot;)

maccardel
Mar 16th, 2002, 10:36 PM
God don't like ugly. Mariah knew how she got into the business and it all came back on her.....I wish her the best but God don't like ugly...(walking in a mall mumbling to herself...why?...because she finally took a look in the mirror and realized what she saw was not who she was and she was ugly)...hopefully she'll realize that this yime she will do things differently with more respect and a little humility.....

Greenout
Mar 17th, 2002, 07:54 AM
I use to find her so irksome with her diva
ways and that whole sleeping her way to the top
via that Soprano family wannabe Tommy Motola, but
her breakdown has made her into this very interesting
character.

How can anyone stay sane in music biz with it's
very, very desperate route to fame? MC isn't as
dopey as I thought she was; if she believed her press
with the viper-vamp-tramp-diva image thang the
breakdown would've never happened. She just
realized that things are out of control; good for her.
What was she suppose to do to one up J-Lo and that "dress" or
Brittany and her teen cr*p. Are you a vocalist or a stripper?

The new label? Well..she's just gotta get back to real singing.
None of those dirty low down sleazy rap stuff. Get back to
real singing or real smooth hip hop flavoured NYC R&B.
No more singing in bikini's etc...

No where's WHITNEY HUSTON??? Hurry up with some new
material. Now...Whitney I like; but she's got some major
personal problems too.

OK- enuff Diva talk.

P.S If Britney has a nervous breakdown; I doubt that I'll feel
sorry for her one bit. LOL!!

maccardel
Mar 18th, 2002, 06:18 AM
@greenout---lol!! at britney part. I would fall out if they showed her ass on tv going through traumas just like they showed Mariah babbling on the mic as her pr person tried to take it away.

Then Whitney and her drama shit......If only she had let bobby stay where he was( with Janet) who knows what the world would be like?

Greenout
Mar 18th, 2002, 08:13 AM
I suspect that the only reason that ahem..
Britany and maybe even J-Lo are doing so well
is because Ms. Jackson, Mariah and Whitney
didn't have records out. LOL.

Think about it. It's all about timing and marketing.
Ms. Jackson, Whitney and even Mariah do what those
"squatter pop diva's" do;but with a whole lot more natural
talent and conviction.

Britney's been ripping of Ms. Jackson dance moves for years.
HA! I don't like Kylie Minogue;but I think her so called arrival
in pop music land sort of exposes the lame Ms. Jackson imitation
that Britney and even J-Lo have exploited. The Mingoue Disco
tramp thing is a very Euro act and it's so old school 1970's that
it looks fresh.

By the way what's the new label name??

SANITY RECORDS ;)

rightous
Mar 18th, 2002, 09:19 PM
Gee I liked Allure especially their All Cried Out song, its not as if Mariah can't afford or anything:)