PDA

View Full Version : Venus & Serena are the best!

CanadianBoy21
Mar 14th, 2002, 05:13 AM
YAH!

Venus #1 this week, and will give Jen few more weeks @ #1, then she'll grab it back and stay there for a long long time, very long time.
And Serena Williams is coming off of huge wins against Martina Hingis and Jennifer Capriaty.

Hingis can beat all these players outside the top 5 all she like, but when it comes down to beating the top 5, she will always fall short. I mean this was her chance agaisnt Serena! Serena coming off of an injury, first tourny back, and she beats Martina.
Then in the final, she was so rusty she didn't know how to put away two smashes, and EVEN misshit an easy smash.
Made over 130 errors :eek: over the period of two matches, and still WON, beating the Ao finalist and Champion, They were in there best forms, Serena wasn't.
Oh, u just wait 'till baby girl stops making those crazy errors next time, and continues hitting those winners like she knows.
Serena is playing more tournies from now on, and if she stays healthy, she will be #1. And all of you haters, better hope she is not healthy, because there ain't one thing Martina, Jennifer, or Monica can do to stop her.
Then there is Venus Williams. People said she would never win a slam, she has 4, people said she would never reach #1, she did that, too...Love it when she proves all these stupid people wrong...and yet they still doubt her, well when she wins French, they'll be tired of doubting her, and if they have any sense, they'll join in being her fan, hey if u can't beat 'em, join them.
Sorry, but I've been waiting since 1997 for domination of the Wta from the Williams sisters...
It's though enough to beat the Williams sisters hurt(see Venus in AO and against Sandrine Testud).
Serena Williams has beaten Martina Hingis the last TWO times.
Serena Williams has beaten Jennifer Capriaty the last TWO times.
She has beaten Monica Seles the last time.
Also Kim, Justine, etc...
Venus Williams has beaten Martina Hingis the last time in staright sets.
Also, she has beaten Jennifer Capriaty the last FOUR(!!) times.
Kim, Justine, Amelie, etc...

Any of u got arguments for any other player being the best?
By the way, Capriaty isn't the best until she beats Venus. To be the best, gotta beat the rest(0-4).
Hingis, hey, she is 0-4 against Jennifer the last four meetings.
And not to mention she has to win a slam since 1999(Steffi retired for a while, but still has won the latest slam between those two).

GO VENUS WILLIAMS
GO SERENA WILLIAMS
:angel:

moby
Mar 14th, 2002, 05:21 AM
:rolleyes:

CanadianBoy21
Mar 14th, 2002, 05:23 AM
easy, know u would agree ;)

Vanity
Mar 14th, 2002, 05:26 AM
Go Venus! The queen of Tier II's and III's! :kiss:

lrg bllt
Mar 14th, 2002, 05:29 AM
I don't even bother arguing with people like you!! because nothing anyone says will make you see the real truth that Martina Hingis is #1

GO MARTINA
GO MARTINA

CanadianBoy21
Mar 14th, 2002, 05:33 AM
YAH!
Martina is a great champion, no two ways about it, but to say that she is the true #1, is a joke.
Right now, I would say she is 4th.
Behind the Williamses & Jennifer.

harloo
Mar 14th, 2002, 05:38 AM
Superhero this thread was kinda unneccessary, everyone knows the Williams are tough and great champions. So, basically their is nothing to prove to anybody.

Vanity, that signature is so childish. It's a shame that you have to do that to prove something, and basically it proves nothing. Really, alot of arguments can be said to dispute the signature, but I won't sink to your level.

People get a clue, this type of stuff is really unbecoming.

Gumbycat
Mar 14th, 2002, 06:17 AM
Message to Vanity: Venus 24 titles including 4 Grand Slams. Anna is still working for that first title.

oops, its the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown

Jordan.
Mar 14th, 2002, 06:25 AM
Go Martina!Queen of Tier 1s!:kiss:
Today I beat this guy 6-1 6-1...not a close match at all.....

venusrocks
Mar 14th, 2002, 06:37 AM
:hearts: :wavey: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Williams Rulez
Mar 14th, 2002, 10:40 AM
Venus is queen and goddess of Tier Is, Tier IIs and most importantly... Slams and the WTA :D :bounce:

m_pierce fan
Mar 14th, 2002, 10:55 AM
I like Serena but i don't like Venus :p

moby
Mar 14th, 2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Superhero
easy, know u would agree ;)

just go on deceiving yourself :rolleyes:

Serena y Monica
Mar 14th, 2002, 02:56 PM
This is so stupid.

Somewhat rational posters (Easy and Jordan...wouldn't want anyone to cofuse anything Vanity says with rationality) arquing with what is obviuos.... Venus Jennifer Serena and Monica are the best players on tour, and why?

Because Super Hero obnoxiously stated the obvious.

For those of you arguing about what even a blind fool can discern as truth...y let someone elses poor behavior push you to looking the fool.

Bright Red
Mar 14th, 2002, 03:51 PM
Leave Superhero alone.

He can say what he likes--he's a fan. Virtually all that has he said that is TRUE? If the truth makes you upset, then don't take it out on him!

Other fans can post what they like, but if they stick with the truth, then what they post may not be as impressive as the Williams' results.

TSequoia01
Mar 14th, 2002, 04:07 PM
Dang Vanity, you don't have to like Venus but to distort her documented record (winner of 4 of the last 7 slams) your true aim becomes sooooooooo transparent that you lose all credibility. :cool:

Cybelle Darkholme
Mar 14th, 2002, 04:09 PM
Martina is a great player and I love watching her but she is not the best player on tour right now. For the last two years that player has been Venus Williams, lover her or hate her, she has been the best. The runner up is of course Jennifer Capriati and after that I would say Lindsay and then Martina.

Geez I know I am a venus fans and love her, but when she was not the best on tour at least I could admit it and acknowledge that she had a lot to learn and improve upon. Martina was at the top of her game a long time but the other players slowly improved and knocked her off her throne. At the AO eventhough she lost to jen I thought Martina still looked good for two sets. I thought a new and improved martina was showing herself. Then at statefarm she loses to serena who hasn't played since january and was coming off an injury. Not a great showing for her big comeback. I also expected more from the AO champion, but those are the breaks serena was just too good and played the bigpoints better.

sartrista7
Mar 14th, 2002, 04:32 PM
As of right this minute, it's actually quite hard to determine who's the best. (Obviously from Wimbledon 2000 through to US Open 2001 it's been Venus.)

Venus hasn't beaten Martina, Serena, Jennifer or Lindsay this year. They haven't beaten her. Both of these facts are pretty much meaningless so far.

Personally, I don't care who people think of as 'the best'. Fans of one player say one thing, fans of another say another, and both have valid points AND blind, ridiculous devotion. I don't like players *because* they win. Maybe some of you people who get into endless, circular debates over who is 'the best' should try being a fan of a non-top 20 player for a week. It's better than you'd think.

selesfan
Mar 14th, 2002, 04:37 PM
Queen of Tier 2 & 3's. :confused: When did Wimbledon & the US Open become Tier 2 & 3 tournaments? ;)

Serena y Monica
Mar 14th, 2002, 04:39 PM
Tsequioa01

Vanity losing credibility...Umm, wouldn't one need to possess that quality in order to lose it?

GogoGirl
Mar 14th, 2002, 06:28 PM
Venus To Host Clinic For Kids On Wednesday

Venus Williams By Richard Pagliaro
03/14/2002

Newly-crowned No. 1 Venus Williams is preparing to defend her Nasdaq 100 title with an educational experience on Wednesday. The fashion-school student will take her turn as teacher when she hosts a clinic for kids at Wolk Park in Lauderhill, Florida.

The two-time Wimbledon winner will conduct the clinic from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wolk Park is located at 1080 42nd Way in Lauderhill. In addition to hitting with the children who attend, Williams will discuss the importance of education with the 150 boys and girls representing the South Florida Youth Tennis Program, Smart School Charter Middle, Lauderhill Middle School, and Phyl's Academy Preparatory School, as well as adults from the Sadkin Senior Center. The South Florida Youth Tennis Program was named one of the top 10 Community Tennis Associations in the United States by Tennis Week.

Her stop at Wolk Park is the first of several planned for this year where Venus will travel across the world to visit with children to share her insight on education and athletics. She is scheduled to visit the Southeast Tennis and Learning Center in Washington, D.C. next month.

CanadianBoy21
Mar 14th, 2002, 06:44 PM
That is why I posted it, because I am a fan. If any of u want to post a thread that Martina Hingis is the best, or anyone else, go ahead. Don't know why I am being attacked for, as Bright Red said, saying the turth.

treufreund
Mar 14th, 2002, 06:50 PM
I think it's fine for Superhero to post this thread. I don't agree with the premise but I find nothing objectionable.:D

vw43
Mar 14th, 2002, 06:54 PM
"By the way, Capriaty isn't the best until she beats Venus. To be the best, gotta beat the rest(0-4)."

I just read that Capriati will once again be #1 on Monday...So, I guess according to the points, Capriati is the best...;)

Not that the point system is held with the highest regard around here...;)

CanadianBoy21
Mar 14th, 2002, 11:01 PM
Well, Martina Hingis did say that Venus & Jennifer are the best.
She has a chance at French Open, then she would be the best if she won it, but so do Serena, Venus, Jennifer, Monica, Kim, etc...
I guess we'll have to wait & see who wins it.

Linton
Mar 15th, 2002, 04:45 AM
when i look at whos the best i can find no answer. Its a non-inferable question there is simply no answer to it so its not worth contemplating and arguing over whos the best. At the mo venus is the best. some time ago marty was the best, naritilova was, steffi was. (ps Marty is the ebst):)

moby
Mar 15th, 2002, 10:19 AM
right now the computer says venus is the best so she is
let venus' ranking speak for her

what really put me off was that the last paragraphs in the original post were DEVOTED to putting down the other players. (i feel)...

not nice

Williams Rulez
Mar 15th, 2002, 01:31 PM
Martina herself said that Venus and Jennifer are the best right now, I wonder why some fans cannot accept like Martina has. :rolleyes:

Bright Red
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:23 PM
Any way you slice it, Venus is currently the best. For many months before, she was called the best by not just her fans but also the media. IMO, she'll still be the best (all things constant) when she drops from #1 next week.:rolleyes:

Vanity
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:27 PM
Unfortunately some people take the internet a little too seriously. I would hate to see how boring some of these posters are in real life. :p

Williams Rulez
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:31 PM
Indeed, you can almost predict what some posters are gonna say or where they are gonna pop up most of the time... :rolleyes: :p

Pureracket
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:33 PM
Yeah, my life is really boring.:bounce:

LucasArg
Mar 15th, 2002, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by so_tred
I don't even bother arguing with people like you!! because nothing anyone says will make you see the real truth that Martina Hingis is #1

GO MARTINA
GO MARTINA

Tell me another joke, It is so funny:bounce:

venusrocks
Mar 15th, 2002, 07:03 PM
YES! VENUS AND SERENA ARE TRULY THE BEST!

As Steffi Graff the Great once said, "They don't have any real weaknesses"

You rock Venus and Serena!!!!! You run this shiet! :bounce:

venusrocks
Mar 15th, 2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Vanity
Unfortunately some people take the internet a little too seriously. I would hate to see how boring some of these posters are in real life. :p

Yes why don't you some people go out and play some real tennis! Fat mofos! :D