PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Back Lindsay

GogoGirl
Mar 13th, 2002, 11:59 PM
I really hope the below report is true. I think Davenport is one of the greats. I love to watch her play.

3.13.2002 16:13
Davenport first to commit to Pilot Pen tourney

NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) -- Lindsay Davenport on Wednesday became the first big name player to commit to this year's Pilot Pen tennis tournament.

The 26-year-old American, winner of three Grand Slam titles and a finalist here last year, will compete in the tournament held at the Connecticut Tennis Center at Yale from August 16-24.

Davenport is currently ranked No. 5 in the world. She underwent successful arthroscopic surgery on her knee in January, and is expected to return to action this summer.

"I enjoy playing the Pilot Pen because it's a great way for me to prepare for the U.S. Open," said Davenport. "The tournament and New Haven create a relaxing and hospitable atmosphere for the players."

matthewhaufle
Mar 14th, 2002, 01:18 AM
I hope this isn't fake!!! Get better soon Lindsay!!

Matt

Seles_Beckham
Mar 14th, 2002, 01:23 AM
when the tournement take place??

disposablehero
Mar 14th, 2002, 01:25 AM
I wouldn't read much into this because:

#1: A commitment really doesn't mean much. If you were unsure about your health, you would probably commit anyway. Some players blow off commitments when they are healthy and think nothing of it.

#2: According to the original prognosis, Lindsay was expected back 2 months before this tournament anyhow.

Maajken
Mar 14th, 2002, 03:20 PM
True, she should be back earlier than that.

btw she's 25, not 26