PDA

View Full Version : The 2004 Kremlin Cup

goldenlox
Sep 17th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Anastasia will be defending her title in Moscow.
It appears that Lindsay, Amelie, Venus, and Kim might all play.
Plus Elena D., Sveta, Vera, Nadia, Elena B., Elena L., Tatiana, and Dinara.

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 17th, 2004, 05:32 PM
Vera Douchevina should get a WC again :)
Maria Kirilenko will also play :)

plus a few more Russians in qualies :)
Linetskaya ;)
Chakvetadze :)

wanna see Katya Makarova, Kirianova get a qual WC here :)
no better place to test yourself.

goldenlox
Sep 17th, 2004, 05:34 PM
Vera D. and Maria K. should play qualies. Dinara also. The main draw is too tough.
The qualies should be filled with Russian teens.

the cat
Sep 17th, 2004, 05:37 PM
I have a feeling a few top American female tennis players will pull out of Moscow. They usually do in part because it's at the end of a long year.

goldenlox
Sep 17th, 2004, 05:55 PM
Venus and Lindsay have played Moscow before. I hope Kim plays. She'll make this draw deeper in quality.

cool_olga
Sep 17th, 2004, 06:02 PM
I don't see Kirilenko on list. She will get WC?
It will be like Russian championships, will be a lot of all Russian matches here.

goldenlox
Sep 17th, 2004, 06:03 PM
I want to see top non-Russians there. It's important to beat the best, to be the best.

Verba
Sep 17th, 2004, 06:11 PM
I don't see Kirilenko on list. She will get WC?
It will be like Russian championships, will be a lot of all Russian matches here.
I think there will be a lot of all-Russian matches. Difficult task for Russian fans! ;)

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 17th, 2004, 06:24 PM
Maria Kirilenko says on her website
her next tournament is Moscow :)

KV
Sep 17th, 2004, 06:39 PM
Hopefully 3 Main Draw players will pull out that makes Bovina in the Main Draw. Hopefully several players in the Qual will pull out and there's even a chane for Makarova to get a WC-Qual.

martirogi
Sep 17th, 2004, 07:41 PM
Myskina Golovin final :hearts:

TartarVicario
Sep 17th, 2004, 07:55 PM
http://www.theage.com.au/ffxImage/urlpicture_id_1073437523460_2004/01/10/11s_russiacollage,0.jpg

Daniel
Sep 17th, 2004, 09:30 PM
Hope Anastasia starts playing better here and win at least one match
Go Nastya :D :D

Sammm
Sep 18th, 2004, 12:24 PM
Great to see Kim back and on TV and tons of Russinas (particularly Tati P ) playing well.

goldenlox
Sep 18th, 2004, 02:52 PM
I hope Kim plays the KC. We won't have the AO or Wimbledon champions, but this field will be loaded with top 20 players.

goldenlox
Sep 20th, 2004, 03:22 PM
Plus Elena D., Sveta, Vera, Nadia, Elena B., Elena L., Tatiana, and Dinara.We should have at least 10 of the top 15 players in the world in this draw.
As Russian tennis keeps growing stronger, I'd like to see the KC become like Indian Wells and Key Biscayne.
And a much deeper field of top players will be in Moscow than either of those super Tier I's.

goldenlox
Oct 1st, 2004, 04:25 PM
Vera D. will be in the main draw.

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 1st, 2004, 04:28 PM
what i wanna see hopefully is the Russian U16 girls can win Fed Cup and then they can parade the trophy right there :)
and maybe one or two to get a qual wc :)

qualy wc's decided next week.

cool_olga
Oct 1st, 2004, 07:03 PM
How can you know vera D will be in main?

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 1st, 2004, 07:07 PM
Vera D got a WC :)

goldenlox
Oct 2nd, 2004, 02:34 PM
With Serena and Justine out of Filderstadt, the Kremlin Cup will have the toughest field of this fall, one of the toughest of the whole year.

the cat
Oct 2nd, 2004, 05:25 PM
It will be interesting to see how Tatiana Golovin plays in Moscow which is where she was born. I don't think Tatiana has been back to Moscow since she left Moscow at 8 months old. The Ladies Kremlin Cup should be a sensational tournamnet! :D Udachi Russina's! :bounce:

goldenlox
Oct 2nd, 2004, 05:42 PM
Golovin is playing Japan. IMG wants to keep her and Maria out of Moscow.
And Maria and Tatiana seem willing to skip Moscow.

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 2nd, 2004, 06:43 PM
IMG :rolleyes:
just cos its an Octagon tourn :o

2 quali Wc's, not comfirmed but almost sure as they are in Russian Nationals finals.
Gulnara Fattakhetdinova and Elena Vesnina

KV
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:07 PM
Read Bovina is in Main Draw. So that leaves Main Draw WC to Vera D.
Qual WC to Elena V. Gulnara. Not sure if Anna C. is playing the Kremlin Cup. She hasn't exactly too many tournaments left before her birthday early March. Zhenya has enough tournaments left before her birthday the end of November.
Think Masha K. gets a Main Draw WC, on previous KC results Dinara S. should get one too.

tenn_ace
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:12 PM
Zhenya needs a few points to make OZ-05 cut.

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:23 PM
Aus cut off is gonna be Dec 6 ranks
There is a big 75k+H tourn in Dubai on Dec 13 ( and alot of players on the borderline will play there, cos a good result there will take them into Aus Open maindraw) winner of that probably gets 100pts.

Update for player movement for Aus Open will be Dec 20 ranks

tenn_ace
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:41 PM
although Zhenya should be in anyways. there will probably be withdrawals.

goldenlox
Oct 3rd, 2004, 06:10 PM
IMG :rolleyes:
just cos its an Octagon tourn :o
Maria should be playing Moscow, and resting during Zurich.
This IMG-Octagon stuff is nonsense. Maria is totally to blame.

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 3rd, 2004, 07:16 PM
Zurich is also an Octagon event as well though

eddy
Oct 4th, 2004, 04:35 AM
I already know who's winning the Kremlin Cup.

cool_olga
Oct 4th, 2004, 09:18 AM
That's stupid. Sharapova says she loves her country but never comes to Moscow. And Golovin, I'd like her to be playing Kremlin Cup. Two hottest youngsters not there, pity.

goldenlox
Oct 4th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Zurich is also an Octagon event as well though
That's why this isn't Octagon-IMG. It's Maria telling us with her actions that she doesn't want to play in Russia.
Or she would be playing the KC.

the cat
Oct 4th, 2004, 02:46 PM
eddy, who will win the Ladies Kremlin Cup?

I'm dissapoited Golovin won't be playing Moscow. From what I know even thouhg her entired family is from Russia and was born in Russia she has never even been back to Russia since she left Russia at 8 months old. But Golovin will certainly could be France's second singles player for the Fed Cup semifinals in Moscow in November. But I bet she finds some way not to be on the Fed Cup team. :(

Frank
Oct 4th, 2004, 02:47 PM
I guess Kim is officially out now?

goldenlox
Oct 4th, 2004, 02:49 PM
At least Golovin is very public about representing France. Maria says she's Russian.
But Maria likes to make up stories. You have to pay attention to what she does, not her words.

CJ07
Oct 4th, 2004, 03:31 PM
Gl, Maria is not obligated to play in Russia just because its where she is from.

Besides she had to defend one of her titles, and its more convinient to defend Tokyo than it is to defend Quebec

goldenlox
Oct 4th, 2004, 03:39 PM
Obviously, Maria's not obligated to play anywhere. That's why where she plays says more than her words do.

eddy
Oct 4th, 2004, 04:10 PM
That's stupid. Sharapova says she loves her country but never comes to Moscow. And Golovin, I'd like her to be playing Kremlin Cup. Two hottest youngsters not there, pity.
It's a shame the two "hottest" youngsters aren't there. Now Duiz won't care about Kremlin Cup. Tears are flowing.

Ele.... :haha:

Lindsay Davenport, if she bothers to show.

Frank
Oct 4th, 2004, 04:59 PM
It's a shame the two "hottest" youngsters aren't there. Now Duiz won't care about Kremlin Cup. Tears are flowing. :haha:
I was expecting "sadness ensues" here, but this will do as well I guess...:p

Natasc
Oct 4th, 2004, 10:38 PM
This certaly will be a great tournament. I hope to russians arrive in troop to the semifinal. the russian will kicker a lot of ass. Mauresmo, Lyndsei,... they all will gonna fall. I hope Lena D win or maybe another russian. But needs tobe a russian to win this.

ZAK
Oct 4th, 2004, 10:39 PM

I'm dissapoited Golovin won't be playing Moscow. From what I know even thouhg her entired family is from Russia and was born in Russia she has never even been back to Russia since she left Russia at 8 months old. But Golovin will certainly could be France's second singles player for the Fed Cup semifinals in Moscow in November. But I bet she finds some way not to be on the Fed Cup team. :(
Tatiana has been very supportive of Fed Cup, and is good friends with Mary Pierce so she will play. And you are right about her never going back to Russia, and I don't think she has any particular desire to. But if thats where Fed Cup is, she'll go

goldenlox
Oct 6th, 2004, 05:27 PM
Vera, Lena D., and Nadia should all be well rested for Moscow.

saab95
Oct 6th, 2004, 05:30 PM
http://boxmail.biz/constructor/img/143274.jpg

Bank of Moscow added the cake to USD 2 300 000 ;)

http://protennis.boxmail.biz/cgi-bin/guide.pl?action=article&id_razdel=71107&id_article=96648

http://protennis.boxmail.biz/cgi-bin/guide.pl?action=article&id_razdel=71113&id_article=96961

cool_olga
Oct 6th, 2004, 06:56 PM
Hehe that will be nice prize afterwards :p

mostefan
Oct 6th, 2004, 08:22 PM
According to http://news.sport-express.ru/online/ntext/7/nl073908.html,
Председатель совета директоров "Кубка Кремля" Шамиль Тарпищев рассматривает этот турнир как смотр наших сильнейших теннисистов. "Результаты, которые показывают наши девушки в этом году, преждевременны - громких побед мы ожидали только в следующем сезоне, - отметил он на сегодняшней пресс-конференции, посвященной предстоящему турниру...The Kremlin Cup Board of Directors Chairman, Shamil Tarpishchev, looks at the tournament as the inspection of our {Russian} best tennis players. "The results our girls show this year are ahead of time, we awaited big victories only next season", noted he at today's press-conference devoted to the tourney...

goldenlox
Oct 7th, 2004, 02:08 PM
This Kremlin Cup is a great story. So many successful players from Russia, now returning to play in Moscow.
It's an inspirational story, of young women who worked hard for years, and are achieving all the things we dream about - fame, fortune, personal fulfillment.

It's a celebration of what hard work, and years of dedication, can do.

Chunchun
Oct 7th, 2004, 02:19 PM
LenaD will win it :yeah: no doubt ;)

rus_queen
Oct 7th, 2004, 03:07 PM
This Kremlin Cup is a great story. So many successful players from Russia, now returning to play in Moscow.
It's an inspirational story, of young women who worked hard for years, and are achieving all the things we dream about - fame, fortune, personal fulfillment.

It's a celebration of what hard work, and years of dedication, can do.
And they all lose 1st round... it wouldn't surprise me either. :sad:

goldenlox
Oct 7th, 2004, 03:12 PM
It's still a great success story. The KC is a very tough tournament. That's why Sharapova is taking the week off.

rus_queen
Oct 7th, 2004, 03:14 PM
Stop arguing that point about Masha. You have your own thread on it. :p

I don't know if it's a great success story. It's another tournament. It will just be more than 25% Russians because many top players don't want to play Moscow for some reason.

Maybe because if you win Filderstadt, you get a Porsche.

If you win Moscow, you get cake.

goldenlox
Oct 7th, 2004, 03:16 PM
This is a very strong tournament. It scares away the riff-raff.

rus_queen
Oct 7th, 2004, 03:17 PM
Moscow is notorious for being one of the weaker Tier I's, year after year. Tokyo may only be weaker. Definitely, not all those players mentioned will show.

goldenlox
Oct 7th, 2004, 03:24 PM
With JHH not healthy, the only important, healthy player missing is Serena. Everyone else with top level game will be in Moscow next week.

rus_queen
Oct 7th, 2004, 03:27 PM
With JHH not healthy, the only important, healthy player missing is Serena. Everyone else with top level game will be in Moscow next week.
We'll see, Moscow usually gets many late withdrawals... and should even more this year considering it's between the 2 big indoor events of the fall.

I bet you $5 that Bovina is seeded after at least 4 people ahead of her pull out.

t_fan
Oct 7th, 2004, 04:48 PM
A poster on a russian messageboard said that KC has a murky reputation among players. It doesn't contradict with my perception of the tourney. I give no facts, just impression.

goldenlox
Oct 7th, 2004, 04:50 PM
The KC doesn't give appearance fees, and doesn't give those little prizes the players like.
But almost half the top 20 is Russian, so there will always be a great field of players.

KV
Oct 8th, 2004, 04:34 PM
Qualifying Draw

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[1] Eleni Daniilidou (GRE) vs. WC Alla Kudryavtseva (RUS)
Olha Lazarchuk (UKR) vs. Michaella Pastikova (CZE)
Glina Voskoboeva (RUS) vs. Tatiana Panova (RUS)
Lioudmila Skavronskaia (RUS) vs. [6] Martina Sucha (SVK)

[2] Iveta Benesova vs. WC Ekaterina Kosminskaya (RUS)
Yuliana Fedak (UKR) vs. Alyona Bondarenko (UKR)
Eva Birnerova (CZE) vs. Janette Husarova (SVK)
Irina Bulykina (RUS) vs. [7] Alina Jidkova (RUS)

[3] Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP) vs. Anastassia Rodionova (RUS)
Anna Chakvetadze (RUS) vs. Asa Svensson (SWE)
Tatiana Perebiynis (UKR) vs. Maria Kirilenko (RUS)
Magüi Serna (ESP) vs. [8] Marta Domachowska (POL)

[4] Virginia Ruano Pascual (ESP) vs. Sanda Mamic (CRO)
Libuse Prusova (CZE) vs. Sandra Kleinova (CZE)
WC Elena Vesnina (RUS) vs. Nina Bratchikova (RUS)
Stephanie Gehrlein (GER) vs. [5] Claudine Schaul (LUX)

goldenlox
Oct 8th, 2004, 04:42 PM
The finalist from Seoul is in there.

Epigone
Oct 8th, 2004, 04:49 PM
:eek: Maria Kirilenko could potentially face Marta Domachowska in the second round. Marta is a pretty good player, and it would be a tough match for Maria

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 8th, 2004, 08:37 PM
Maria has a tough 1st match as well
that all depends on how Tatiana Perebiynis feels
she tanks alot of matches but when on fire she's capable of good stuff

Maria has a tough section
hopefully Anna C will fight it out with Maria on monday

Anna should make final rd qualies

cool_olga
Oct 9th, 2004, 02:10 PM
Go Marta :yeah:
That would be cool match if she was facing Masha Kirilenko but it would be tough for Maria. Marta has been playing better and better this year, breakthrough in Sopot and I have to say her baseline game makes an impression, it will be hard task.

Epigone
Oct 9th, 2004, 02:53 PM
The main draw is out:
MAURESMO Amelie
BYE
BOVINA Elena
HANTUCHOVA Daniela

MALEEVA Magdalena
DOUCHEVINA Vera
Qualifier
WILLIAMS Venus

KUZNETSOVA Svetlana
BYE
SUGIYAMA Ai
Qualifier

Qualifier
PIERCE Mary
SCHNYDER Patty
DEMENTIEVA Elena

-------------------

ZVONAREVA Vera
DECHY Nathalie
SMASHNOVA Anna
SPREM Karolina

ZULUAGA Fabiola
LIKHOVTSEVA Elena
BYE
MYSKINA Anastasia

PETROVA Nadia
SUAREZ Paola
FARINA ELIA Silvia
SCHIAVONE Francesca

Qualifier
SAFINA Dinara
BYE
DAVENPORT Lindsay

goldenlox
Oct 9th, 2004, 02:55 PM
We might have the same semis as Filderstadt. The Venus-Amelie match should be good.
And Sveta-Lena D.

ComeBackHingis
Oct 9th, 2004, 03:32 PM
We might have the same semis as Filderstadt. The Venus-Amelie match should be good.
And Sveta-Lena D.
One match at a time.

DEETHELICK
Oct 9th, 2004, 05:15 PM
What a field. It is very strong and no easy matches except the BYES! ;)

goldenlox
Oct 9th, 2004, 05:20 PM
Venus is learning Russian, and studying Russian culture. She loves to play the KC.
We also have the final 4 from Filderstadt.
And all the top Russians who have beaten a top 30 player in their 7 tournaments.

Daniel
Oct 10th, 2004, 03:04 PM
Good luck Nastya, Sveta, Vera Z and VEra D , Bovina, Petrova and Elena D and elena L :D :D

KV
Oct 10th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Ekaterina Makarova or Anna Chakvetadze can be added to the Main Draw. :) :D

goldenlox
Oct 10th, 2004, 04:22 PM
First round doubles match -
Bovina/Petrova v. Kuznetsova/Likhovtseva.

cool_olga
Oct 11th, 2004, 12:17 PM
Andy where are you????? I feel lost in this big stadium :p

Epigone
Oct 11th, 2004, 12:36 PM
Andy where are you????? I feel lost in this big stadium :pOla, did you get to see Vera D play? I told you that she is good ;). Talk to her before she beats Venus, otherwise the media will be all over her :D

fresh2flash
Oct 11th, 2004, 01:12 PM
Andy where are you????? I feel lost in this big stadium :p
So you went to Moscow? :) Glad for you. I didn't have time to go there. It's the first time in 12 years that I miss KK. :(

KV
Oct 11th, 2004, 03:59 PM
Vera D. booked her best ever win. Yeah Kremlin Cup is made for her, unfortunately this tournament is made for other Russian players too. To reach the second round is very satisfying for Vera. Anna Chakvetadze makes her Main Draw debut. D. Safina should be fully fit else gotta pick Anna. Ekaterina Makarova did great to make it to the final Qual round, another player whose the KC made for.

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 11th, 2004, 04:14 PM
Andy where are you????? I feel lost in this big stadium :p Boo :devil: right behind u :lol: j/k
where is Andy ???
dont say u didnt see him :sad:

tomorrow Lady (Irina) also comes.

Daniel
Oct 12th, 2004, 10:25 AM
Zvonareva bt Dechy :)

goldenlox
Oct 12th, 2004, 02:54 PM
Elena D., Elena B., Elena L., Vera D., Vera Z., and Nadia all won. So far so good.
Anna plays Dinara. Nastya plays Lena L.
I want the KC to someday have 4 all Russian QF's. And the majors, too.

goldenlox
Oct 12th, 2004, 05:22 PM
There is going to be at least one Russian in every second round match.
Nastya-Lena L., and 7 other matches with one Russian.

KV
Oct 12th, 2004, 05:31 PM
We've been having a great Kremlin Cup so far. Though a few players in the Main Draw were better off not to come here. Happily the Kremlin Cup is played on indoor CARPET instead of HC's. ATM Nastya or Likhovtseva are already sure of a QF place. Happily no first round draw between P. Suarez vs. F. Zuluaga, or S. Farina vs. P. Suarez/F. Zuluaga. All of them are out as I expected.

cool_olga
Oct 12th, 2004, 06:36 PM
Boo :devil: right behind u :lol: j/k
where is Andy ???
dont say u didnt see him :sad:

tomorrow Lady (Irina) also comes.
Saw saw, both of them. Russians are doing amazingly well :yeah:

Emptiness
Oct 13th, 2004, 05:00 AM
ATM Nastya or Likhovtseva are already sure of a QF place.Ahs! Don't jinx them. :eek:

So far the Russian girls are doing well.. the other girls should just book a flight home. ;)

adn399
Oct 13th, 2004, 05:08 AM
Take Lindsay out of the tournament, and I'd agree. :p

Emptiness
Oct 13th, 2004, 05:21 AM
Lets not talk about Lindsay. :lol:

Unfortunately even with all the Russians i think she'll take home the title..

saab95
Oct 13th, 2004, 09:10 AM
I'd like to see 8 russians in QF.
But Nadya Petrova doesn't want :sad:

http://alltennis.boxmail.biz/cgi-bin/guide.pl?&action=article&id_org=4468&id_razdel=72510&id_article=97995

http://alltennis.boxmail.biz/cgi-bin/guide.pl?action=article&id_razdel=72510&id_article=97882

Daniel
Oct 13th, 2004, 09:20 AM
Nadia out in 2R another one of her mental problems .

goldenlox
Oct 13th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Nadia's loss means there won't be at least one Russian in every QF. Unless Dinara beats Lindsay.

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 13th, 2004, 08:33 PM
leaving Alina out and Anna C as she lost to another Russian

what do the two Russians that lost today have in common ???
(one male and one female)

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 14th, 2004, 09:24 AM
i know :)
you know both players personally :)
and their agents :)
and their immediately family :)
and their immediate friends :)
and were all peons for not being so kewl :)
go bbe :)
you can do it :)
WOW, how did u guess :p

Nah, they got as many braincells as you :sad: :sad:

Daniel
Oct 14th, 2004, 10:38 AM
Dinara lost to Lindsay
Dementeiva in the QF vs. Sveta .
Go Nastya !!!! :bounce:

goldenlox
Oct 14th, 2004, 03:54 PM
Tomorrow we have Nastya-Vera, and Elena D.-Sveta.

A great day for Russian tennis! :worship: :bounce: :woohoo: :banana: :banana:

goldenlox
Oct 15th, 2004, 02:12 PM
:singer:We all an all Russian, all Lena semifinal at the KC!!

:singer: :boxing: :banana: :banana: :drive: :drive:

KV
Oct 15th, 2004, 03:29 PM
3 Russians in the semis plus one sure of a Final place. :D

goldenlox
Oct 15th, 2004, 04:05 PM
That happened in San Diego. It's time for someone to take out Lindsay.
It won't be easy.

Daniel
Oct 16th, 2004, 01:27 PM
Nastya bt. DAvenport and Elena D bt. Elena B

Nastya vs. Elena D in the final!!!

go Nastya!!!! :worship: :yeah: ;)

KV
Oct 16th, 2004, 01:51 PM
An all Russian final. Maybe L. Davenport was ill, but that's part of the game. Whatever great to have an all Russian final :D

goldenlox
Oct 16th, 2004, 02:30 PM
:singer:We have an all Russian final at the KC!!

:singer: :boxing: :banana: :banana: :drive: :drive:And this shows the world how Russian tennis is all about a passion to succeed.

:hearts: :hearts: :drool: :drool: :bounce: :bounce: :woohoo: :woohoo:

DEETHELICK
Oct 16th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Nastya and Elena D really do prove that they have a certian mentality that gives them the edge amongst the other Russians.

At a BIG Russian tournament, these two came out in flying colours. Another all russian final, in Russia no less.

May Elena D succeed for once! ;)

Verba
Oct 16th, 2004, 04:03 PM
Nastya bt. DAvenport and Elena D bt. Elena B

Nastya vs. Elena D in the final!!!

go Nastya!!!! :worship: :yeah: ;)
go LenaD :worship: :worship: :worship:

bubble
Oct 17th, 2004, 01:27 AM
there are Russian representation in all the ladies and men's events in the finals today.

Well done Russia!

Good luck to elena D, Nicolay Davydenko and the doubles teams!

Daniel
Oct 17th, 2004, 11:03 AM
Myskina beat DEmentieva and won singles title :D :clap2: :banana:

Congrats to both of them :worship:

Epigone
Oct 17th, 2004, 11:11 AM
Now Nastya has to back up and take out the doubles title with Vera

Go for the twin crown!!!

Epigone
Oct 17th, 2004, 03:53 PM
Bepa/Nastya defeated the #1 seeds 6-3 4-6 6-2 to take the title :woohoo:

Congratulations to Nastya and Vera on their 1st Tier I doubles title!

Nastya takes home both crowns :worship:

KV
Oct 17th, 2004, 03:55 PM
For this year Nastya's the KC hero. She's done the double. Well done Vera too to def. Vivi/Paola though I expected Vivi/Paola not to win the KC doubles. Main reason the surface. :D :)

goldenlox
Oct 17th, 2004, 04:43 PM
This was important - to have an all Russian final in Moscow. This group of Kournikova, Myskina, and Dementieva are still planting seeds that will bloom and flower for decades.

KV
Oct 19th, 2004, 05:42 PM
KC's undoubtedly the best indoors tournament of 2004. Not anybody could reach the QF unlike in Zürich and other indoor tournaments. The KC's not made for clay courters (see this years KC results). It gives players like E. Makarova a good chance vs. a clay court specialist even top 50 ranked. Wished indoors was mainly played on carpet to add more variety to the surfaces.