PDA

View Full Version : NEWS: Ai will play doubles with Alicia Molik

ex hopman
Sep 14th, 2004, 05:11 PM
For three tournaments, Germany, Moscow, and Zurich!
tryout!?

Alicia has great strokes, so it could be a good match!
We'll see! Good luck, girls!!

:bounce:

pcrtennis
Sep 14th, 2004, 09:08 PM
Does this mean she is skipping China and Japan????????? Oh geeze....GO AI!

ex hopman
Sep 15th, 2004, 03:43 AM
Yeah, she's skipping China and Japan...
Well, Germany tournament could give her more points (well, of couse if she wins some!)

I dunno about China... Well, maybe Suzuki (Soccer player) emailed Ai how the Asian cup was in China! :p

Sammm
Sep 18th, 2004, 12:51 PM
I would prefer Ai to play in Asia, esp Japan Open. Good luck with Alicia!

max88
Sep 19th, 2004, 06:15 AM
anyway is she still in the doubles with myskina??? :rolleyes:

ozfan44
Sep 24th, 2004, 08:58 AM
Go Ai and Alicia what a great pair hopefully they do well and this becomes permanent!

Veritas
Oct 19th, 2004, 11:51 AM
This 'partnership' hasn't even begun yet :o I won't be surprised if Alicia keeps disappointing Ai with her withdrawals and singles-commitments.

AK-DH Fan
Oct 19th, 2004, 03:46 PM
We'll see, I hope they're a good pair, but I don't know

ex hopman
Oct 20th, 2004, 01:41 AM
After this week seeing Alicia playing someone else and Ai not playing doubles, I don't think they will play doubles together again!

Ai'll look for someone else, I assume.

Veritas
Oct 21st, 2004, 12:06 AM
After this week seeing Alicia playing someone else and Ai not playing doubles, I don't think they will play doubles together again!

Ai'll look for someone else, I assume.

It seems as if Ai's going to be a bit more careful with choosing a doubles partner. Of course I'm not saying Alicia's a bad doubles player because she isn't. But when it comes to commitments to doubles, Ai needs someone who can be as versatile as she is in tournaments: being able to play singles and doubles with little to no problems.

Sugiyama=#1
Oct 22nd, 2004, 07:15 AM
I dont think it's a good partnership just because they are not "equal" enough.
Alicia is more used to the Australian style of poaching volley instead of the defensive volley Ai is used to.
It's way too easy to find the weakness in their doubles partnership.
But Ai does need to play doubles to keep her doubles ranking high.

ex hopman
Oct 22nd, 2004, 03:09 PM
Oh? Ai does poaching very often tho. That's what she's good at in doubles. so she needs a strong hitter especially from the foreside.

When I saw her with Kim a few times in California tournaments (Indianwells, LA, and Staple), they were awesome!!!

Nochi
Nov 8th, 2004, 07:06 AM
Once Ai ever played double with Tammy ..i hope to see that them play together again..