PDA

View Full Version : Anybody wanna talk about... Beatles?!

goseles
Mar 13th, 2002, 05:55 PM
Hey guys!
I was just reading the "best album YOU own" thread and I noticed that the Beatles were only mentioned a couple of times. I am probably one of the biggest Beatles fans around and was wondering who else here enjoyed their music? The people who don't like them, I was wondering what are your reasons? And since many people here are young, who has never really heard them? I could talk about them for hours (or at least until Seles and Sanchez- Vicario start ;) ) and was curious as to what you all thought. Thanks! :) :)

vw43
Mar 13th, 2002, 07:10 PM
I like the Beatles but I've had to take a Beatle Break as of late...my favorite beatle is lennon...my fave album is the "white album"...and some of my fave songs are..

Don't let me down
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
A Day in the Life
I'm so tired
Rocky Raccoon
and many more but that is all for now...:)

Iconoclast
Mar 13th, 2002, 07:29 PM
Virtually despised them as the plague until very recently when I afforded "Revolver" a deep listen. Although overhyped, one cannot deny them outstanding songwriting ability. The Beatles have grown on me tremendously.

Faves:

And I Love Her
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
For No One
Norwegian Wood
I'm Only Sleeping
Penny Lane
Eleanor Rigby

Barrie_Dude
Mar 13th, 2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by goseles
Hey guys!
I was just reading the "best album YOU own" thread and I noticed that the Beatles were only mentioned a couple of times. I am probably one of the biggest Beatles fans around and was wondering who else here enjoyed their music? The people who don't like them, I was wondering what are your reasons? And since many people here are young, who has never really heard them? I could talk about them for hours (or at least until Seles and Sanchez- Vicario start ;) ) and was curious as to what you all thought. Thanks! :) :)

Well, not only am I a big Beatles fan, my sister lives in the Dallas area! Isn't that strange? Maybe we should talk as I think that the Beatles are the greatest!

goseles
Mar 13th, 2002, 10:41 PM
That's cool, I always love talking with other fans and asking them what their fave songs/albums/etc. are... Iconoclast, Revolver is one of my favorites and the three you mentioned are my three faves off of that album. I think that overall Abbey Road is the best because of the pure music and harmony of it all, but every album is just wonderful.

Great choices for best songs! :) My faves are Eleanor Rigby, In My Life and A Day in the Life (at least today anyway) and I think that overall the album cuts are better than the singles (in other words, the songs on "1" aren't their best). But then again I would take their worst song over just about anyone else's best song! They simply are the best! :hearts: :cool:

goseles
Mar 13th, 2002, 10:44 PM
Hey Barrie Dude! :wavey:

That would be awesome! Happy to hear that you are a beatles fan! Have any fave songs or albums? How did you get into them?

Barrie_Dude
Mar 13th, 2002, 10:46 PM
My problem for picking a favorite album or song is that is is so subjective. I mean it depends on the mood I'm in really. And, lets face it, there is such a large body of great music out there, left to us by the Beatles, it would almost be a shame to limit our choices!

goseles
Mar 13th, 2002, 10:55 PM
Tis true, it's really tough to pick just one song or album because they are all so completely different and complex. And when I factor in all of their solo work, it can get to be overwhelming ;) But I'd rather have this problem than the one I have with most of today's music, trying to find a song that I actually like! :p

Barrie_Dude
Mar 13th, 2002, 11:28 PM
You Are Correct, Goseles!