PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo Oct. 4-10

ZAK
Sep 12th, 2004, 10:49 PM
www.jpnopen.org (http://www.jpnopen.org)

Main Draw
RUS F 8 Maria SHARAPOVA 1
USA F 25 2 Amy FRAZIER 2
SCG F 30 Jelena DOKIC 3
FRA A 31 Tatiana GOLOVIN 4
USA F 33 2 Meghann SHAUGHNESSY 5
SCG F 41 2 Jelena JANKOVIC 6
RUS F 42 1 Dinara SAFINA 7
ESP F 43 2 Maria SANCHEZ LORENZO 8
AUS F 44 Nicole PRATT 9
PUR F 46 Kristina BRANDI 10
THA F 47 Tamarine TANASUGARN 11
LUX F 49 2 Claudine SCHAUL 12
JPN F 51 Saori OBATA 13
CHN F 53 Jie ZHENG 14
GER F 55 2 Anca BARNA 15
ESP F 58 2 Arantxa PARRA SANTONJA 16
USA F 59 2 Jill CRAYBAS 17
JPN F 60 Shinobu ASAGOE 18
ESP F 61 2 Virginia RUANO PASCUAL 19
HUN F 62 1 Aniko KAPROS 20
SLO F 65 1 Katarina SREBOTNIK 21
CZE A 66 Barbora STRYCOVA 22
ITA F 67 2 Maria elena CAMERIN 23

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Sep 13th, 2004, 12:34 AM
I think, she, Sharapova, and Golovin are going to be the top players for thsi tournament...

I hopt to see another exciting final of the Japan open with the rivalry of Maria and Tati...

yukon145
Sep 13th, 2004, 06:55 AM
good luck Tati!! take out Maria!

ZAK
Sep 19th, 2004, 10:26 PM
Updated Seeds:

1. Sharapova
2. Frazier
3. Golovin
4. Jankovic
5. Dokic
6. Brandi
7. Asagoe
8. Shaughnessy

beauty_is_pink
Sep 19th, 2004, 11:28 PM
great seeding for Tati! :yeah:
shes gonna get far!

Ravsieg
Sep 19th, 2004, 11:45 PM
I bet for a Sharapova v Golovin final... :) But Frazier is tricky, you never know what that woman can do.

beauty_is_pink
Sep 19th, 2004, 11:56 PM
its all in her hair, who knos whats hiding underneath! :p

martirogi
Sep 20th, 2004, 04:11 AM
so long unitl we get to see tati again

TatiAnnahølic
Sep 20th, 2004, 12:05 PM
Allez Tati! :banana:

yukon145
Sep 21st, 2004, 04:08 AM
i say it again...take out Maria, Tati!!! crush her Tatiana, you can do it!

Nicoleke
Sep 23rd, 2004, 07:31 PM
Go to Tatiana Golovin !!!!!

ZAK
Sep 26th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Does anyone know what day Tati will travel to Japan? I guess it'll be in a few days

beauty_is_pink
Sep 26th, 2004, 11:13 PM
usually players like to get to the tourney 2-3 days before it start so they adjust to the surface, time zone and practise before the matches start.

I'm guessing Tati will be there the 1st of October or 2nd, that's my guess

ZAK
Oct 2nd, 2004, 03:23 AM
maindraw should be out soon!

Lemonskin.
Oct 3rd, 2004, 02:50 AM
:bounce: Good luck Tati!!!

rseto
Oct 3rd, 2004, 01:57 PM
tokyo main draw is out in the tournament thread.

tati seeded #2. 1st round bye. 2nd round vs winner of cho/vaidisova!

i have a bad feeling. vaidisova might be the 3rd or 4th best player in the field.

Harju.
Oct 3rd, 2004, 04:04 PM
:banghead: Tati vs Nicole. What a draw. I love both players, and I'd love to see any of these 2 actually are playing with Shyperova. Fun-ness ensues.

Harju.
Oct 3rd, 2004, 04:10 PM
Full Draw

1-Maria Sharapova bye
Aiko Nakamura vs Q
Katarina Srebotnik vs Akiko Morigami
Q vs 5-Meghann Shaughnessy

3-Shinobu Asagoe vs Tamarine Tanasgarn
Barbora Strycova vs Jill Craybas
Q vs Aniko Kapros
8-Arantxa Parra Santonja

6-Nicole Pratt vs Eugenia Linetskaya
wc-Rika Fujiwara vs Saori Obata
Maria Sanchez Lorenzo vs Mashona Washington
Sandra Kleinova vs 4-Kristina Brandi

7-Klara Koukalova vs Milagros Sequera
Lubomira Kurhajcova vs Alina Jidkova
Yoon Jeong Cho vs wc-Nicole Vaidisova
2 Tatiana Golovin bye

-------------

Once Tati gets to quarterfinal, I could see no one holding her back to the final vs Sharapova. *knocks wood*

ZAK
Oct 3rd, 2004, 04:11 PM
its quite the bad draw for Tati, but after nicole it should be an easy road to final. tati will kill nicole of course http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/devil.gif

HTE
Oct 3rd, 2004, 04:57 PM
Draw looks good I think. Nicole has talent no doubt about that, but I don't think she should pose to much of a threat to Tati yet.

TatiAnnahølic
Oct 3rd, 2004, 05:00 PM
I'm the only one that thinks Tati will beat Nicole in straight sets? I saw Nicole playing against Henin at the USO and god she sucks, her only weapons are the fh and serve and she's pretty incosistent so Tati should not be worried to beat her

yukon145
Oct 3rd, 2004, 05:01 PM
good luck Tati!! you can do it, just take one match at a time!

beauty_is_pink
Oct 3rd, 2004, 05:11 PM
yay! good looking draw Tati! kick ass and fight! allez!

ZAK
Oct 3rd, 2004, 05:33 PM
I'm the only one that thinks Tati will beat Nicole in straight sets? I saw Nicole playing against Henin at the USO and god she sucks, her only weapons are the fh and serve and she's pretty incosistent so Tati should not be worried to beat her
As I said before I hope Tati humilates Nicole, god I'm mean http://wtaworld.com/ubb/eek.gif

Ryan
Oct 3rd, 2004, 06:21 PM

I agree. The wind IMO played havoc with Nicole's strokes against Henin, but I think Tati has too much game right now. Vamos Golovin and win the title. :hearts:

Tatiana'swebsite
Oct 3rd, 2004, 09:17 PM
Tati/Nicole what a match???? :eek:
Warning to Koukalova who defeat Tati at RG this years :fiery:

TatiAnnahølic
Oct 3rd, 2004, 09:26 PM
Tati/Nicole what a match???? :eek:
Warning to Koukalova who defeat Tati at RG this years :fiery:at RG the pressure beat Tati not Koukalova's game, if they play this week Tati will kick her ass :devil:

andrewbroad
Oct 3rd, 2004, 10:16 PM
How wonderful it would be, if Maria and Tatiana met in the final, as at Birmingham! :hearts:

I'm a big fan of Maria, and I'm carefully considering whether to become a fan of Tatiana too (she certainly has the sex-appeal, and great tennis-potential too, but the question is whether she can up the pace without making too many errors).

Maria, who is defending the first WTA singles title of her career, doesn't seem to have much resistance in her half of the Tokyo draw. She could be facing the talented Meghann Shaughnessy in the quarter-finals, but Shaughnessy is on a losing streak of six matches dating back to Wimbledon.

Maria's projected semi-final opponent is Shinobu Asagoe, who reached the quarter-finals of the US Open but lost very early at Beijing and Seoul. Asagoe beat Maria in the semi-finals of Birmingham 2003, prior to her tearjerking upset of Daniela Hantuchová at Wimbledon 2003.

Tatiana has a very dangerous potential second-round opponent in Nicole Vaidisová, who beat Maria 5-3 at World Team Tennis in July (one set, first to five games). Vaidisová has already won a WTA singles title (which Tatiana has yet to do), and she doesn't even turn 16 until 23rd April 2005!

If Tatiana survives that skirmish, she should have a clear path to the final with only Klara Koukalová, Kristina Brandi and Nicole Pratt as the other seeds in her half of the draw.

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Oct 3rd, 2004, 11:51 PM
Nicole Vaidisova is really dangerous.... I see Tati had a realluy bad draw for her... I am afraid she won't pass Nicole... Nicole is jsut way too good for her age, and Tati could face an early upset.

Good lcuk to Tati in doing what she can!

Ravsieg
Oct 3rd, 2004, 11:58 PM
Hey Duiz, indeed Nicole is a very good player ... specially considering her age. But I think you're overrated her by saying she has a rather big chance in beating Golovin. She might, but Tati is by far the favorite there :)

Tatiana'swebsite
Oct 4th, 2004, 09:56 AM
Tati ever beat Nicole : it was at Wimbledon junior 2003, Tati won 6/3 6/4 !
since, two girls have progressed a lot and this result it's just for stat!

rseto
Oct 6th, 2004, 03:09 PM
damn. :( missed a good opportunity to get some results.

i'm hoping she does better in lux and maybe zurich and regains some momentum for next year. or maybe cause her to get a coach!

Harju.
Oct 6th, 2004, 04:05 PM
not a real surprsing loss to me. However, with all being said, :sad: she was a tad close in reaching that final.

winning vs nicole = final vs sharapova. :haha:

tatianagolovin
Oct 6th, 2004, 05:21 PM
www.tatianagolovin.tk

TatiAnnahølic
Oct 6th, 2004, 07:54 PM
No.2 Seed Golovin Upset by Vaidisova

TOKYO, Japan - The top two seeds at the AIG Japan Open were tested forcefully on Tuesday, with No.1 seed Maria Sharapova advancing in three sets while No.2 seed Tatiana Golovin fell, also in three sets.

In a battle of young rising teenagers on the WTA Tour, 15-year-old Nicole Vaidisova (right) utilized the granted wildcard to her advantage, battling to defeat 16-year-old Tatiana Golovin 64 36 64.

Vaidisova said, "I played with a lot of confidence today. I wasn't really focused on who I was playing exactly, just focused on my game."

Playing in extremely windy conditions, Golovin was troubled with doubles faults and defensive play. Golovin commented on the match, saying, "I never really got into the match, didn't really have a rhythm, and she took advantage of that. She's definitely a good player and has a great future."

Vaidisova served as the aggressor in the match, making Golovin even more frustrated and unable to attack. Although close in every set, Vaidisova took control in the last game of the final set to break Golovin at love.

Golovin was aware of the conditions and Vaidisova's aggressiveness, saying "I couldn't play the match that I needed to beat her. In the second set, she started to make a few mistakes, so I started to move in more, be more aggressive, but it wasn't enough to beat her. She was taking the ball early and being really aggresssive, which was something that I didn't do and what I really need to do."

ZAK
Oct 7th, 2004, 12:33 AM
I think the loss was combination of things:

1. Like Tati said, she tends to rely on her great defence and not take advantage of oppotunities to be agressive.
2. It was her first time being a top seed at a WTA and that probably took its toll. This probably clouded her judgement and gameplan. The game plan against Vaidisova should be fairly straight forward, make her move and hit to the backhand.
3. It was her first match in over a month so she was probably rusty.
4. Nicole was playing well.

I'm fairly certain she'll do better at Zurich, with less expectations and a faster suface.

HTE
Oct 7th, 2004, 06:05 PM
I agree Zak, playin against a player like Vaidissova will always be extremely difficult if you aren't playing at your highest level and take advantage of your opportunities.
Too bad that Tati lost but I think she'll do better in Zurich :)