PDA

View Full Version : News regarding Jelena...

ajayares
Mar 13th, 2002, 03:34 AM
Haven't been able to find any news from any of the sources on the net here.. but this morning on the radio, here in Melbourne, they had Graig Gabriel on reporting from Indian Wells and just before he went, he said here's a scoop for you.. Jelena Dokic is having a mir scan on her spine.. in abid to find out why she is getting all of these leg injuries...

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 13th, 2002, 03:36 AM
If its her spine, she and we better hope its not the same situation as Natasha.

Natasha Zvereva got a real bad leg injury which was related to her lower back.

Penne1
Mar 13th, 2002, 05:15 AM
It's not surprising to hear that she may have these back problems...she is a strongly built girl and a great athlete and I am surprised to see her consistently suffering from leg injuries like she does.

Bad news for her really but I guess she has age on her side!

~RedRose~
Mar 13th, 2002, 05:51 AM
OHHH!!! My Poor Jelena!! I hope she is ok!!!! I shall pray each night!! :angel:

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 13th, 2002, 09:51 AM
Thats why Natasha has been of the tour for almost two years.

Severe leg pain was caused by lower back pain.

She did play in Olympics (3 months after her injury but that was cos it was the Olympics, her last one) and hadn' played since she came back to play here in Indian Wells

Jelena is alot younger plus she'd want to be back, but comin back early esp it its back probs can only be damaging in the long term.

irma
Mar 13th, 2002, 09:59 AM
I hope she is okee!

what`s up with all the youngsters getting chronic injuries!:( :sad:

thefreedesigner
Mar 13th, 2002, 10:11 AM
..it could have something to do with the fact that they play so much before their bodies are fully developed??

I don't know, but someone like Jelena is (most probably) still growing, and if she's - as a child basically - exerting the kind of stress on her muscles that could be one reason. Same with the problems Clijsters has.

That's one theory (might be completely wrong though!).

I hope the mri is just precautionary, to make sure for certain that it's nothing to serious.

auntie janie
Mar 13th, 2002, 12:29 PM
Thanks for reporting that, ajayares. :angel:

After what Egg said about Natasha, now I am worried. But I am going to be optimistic and go along with thefreedesigner, hoping this MRI is just a precaution. She probably just wants to be very sure it is nothing more than a muscle problem. Too bad Eggy can't go help her!! :sad:

I hope to see a fit and happy Jelena in Miami! :D

Aloysius
Mar 13th, 2002, 01:35 PM
Hope the MRI shows an all-clear. As a precaution, I think she should sit out Miami to fully rest for the clay season ahead.

Infiniti2001
Mar 13th, 2002, 02:44 PM
Let's hope that all will be A okay in camp Jelena... I am really getting to like her as a player :P

Martian Martin
Mar 13th, 2002, 03:00 PM
Oh no :sad: , hope nothing is seriously wrong with her. :(

I agree with Thefreedesigner though, I think it could be like Kim, that she's still growing and that's what's causing the problem, at least I hope it is.

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 13th, 2002, 03:11 PM
If its the growth then she should have her Wisdom Teeth taken out ASAP.

that will cure that problem.

vlado
Mar 13th, 2002, 07:12 PM
I too hope it's just a precautionary measure :sad:

Nikola
Mar 15th, 2002, 09:55 AM
any news about that injury?:confused:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
:bounce: