PDA

View Full Version : RR: who do YOU want to win today?

tenn_ace
Sep 11th, 2004, 03:26 PM
Sveta or Lena?

tenn_ace
Sep 11th, 2004, 03:32 PM
btw, Lena (in her interview) said it Moscow vs. St. Petersburgh final...

Funny way of looking at it. Russians do know there is a rivalry going on between these 2 cities. Is this a way for Lena to motivate herself? ;)

cellophane
Sep 11th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Today, Lena, but, of course, I would be happy if Sveta wins as well. It's just that I want to see Lena do it today; I believe it's more important for her to win at this stage. But I want both of them to hopefully not be too nervous and kick ass!

tenn_ace
Sep 11th, 2004, 03:37 PM
that's true... hopefully, they will show good tennis.

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 11th, 2004, 03:41 PM
Lena :hug:
after her RG heartbreak, i hope she can put in a performance and win the title :)

twice will be too much :sad:

vaiva
Sep 11th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Today only Lena :hearts:

ys
Sep 11th, 2004, 03:46 PM
Lena.. No question about it..

But Sveta will win.

tenn_ace
Sep 11th, 2004, 03:47 PM
:mad: :toothy: :boxing: :armed: :nerner: :silly: :smash: :kiss: ;) @ vaiva

tenn_ace
Sep 11th, 2004, 03:48 PM
where is Tartar? I need his help here...

goldenlox
Sep 11th, 2004, 04:24 PM
I can get used to these all Russian finals. Much less pressure than the semis.

saki
Sep 11th, 2004, 04:27 PM
I know I'm in the minority here, but I really want Sveta to win. I see the appeal of Elena, but I've been really impressed with Sveta's work ethic and attitude. She's constantly learning from her doubles partners - Aranxta, Navratilova, Elena L - constantly working on her weaknesses and never being complacent. I just admire that in a player and would rather see her win than Elena Dementieva. Not that I dislike Elena, I just prefer Sveta.

Fearful Jesuit
Sep 11th, 2004, 04:34 PM
Lena!

DEETHELICK
Sep 11th, 2004, 05:02 PM
Elena purely for the fight and determination she has shown. She has beaten world class players, has endured the heartbreak of RG and really improved her game to compensate for her serve.

Thats hard work.

Sveta is going to have many an opportunity in the future. For Elena, she needs to strike now.

Hope its good match, but best of luck to Elena!!! :D

Stephieva
Sep 11th, 2004, 05:02 PM
me ... Lena of cos'
Butttttttttttttttt realistically...me thinks Lena won't win..
She's given everything in QFs and SFs already...:sad:
if I'm right...I hope Lena won't be too discouraged by these 2 final losses...

CJ07
Sep 11th, 2004, 05:07 PM
I think that if Elena wins this match, she'll finally have the confidence to finally start hitting her serves properly outside of practice

then we'll really see what she can do

goldenlox
Sep 11th, 2004, 05:22 PM
What a day this is! Sveta and Lena are on CBS in primetime. Unbelievable.
And the central theme for this whole year of women's tennis is Russian domination.

tenn_ace
Sep 11th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Elena is overhwelming favourite here...

cellophane
Sep 11th, 2004, 07:09 PM
Elena is overhwelming favourite here...
Just for today, I think. :)

Italboy
Sep 11th, 2004, 07:39 PM
Lena of course :bounce:

Rocinante
Sep 11th, 2004, 07:41 PM
Lena of course! :D

the cat
Sep 11th, 2004, 07:55 PM
I want Elena to win but I think Svetlana will win. Svetlana will have more opportunities to win grand slam singles titles in the future because she has a much better serve than Elena does and is about 3 and half years younger than Elena. A loss tonight would be devastating for Elena. :sad: Her performance in finals this year has been terrible. :( I hope Elena gets off to a good start tonight so she can relax and play good tennis.

Frank
Sep 11th, 2004, 09:16 PM
Sveta! :D

veryborednow
Sep 11th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Sveta!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Chunchun
Sep 12th, 2004, 12:02 AM
PLzzzz Lena :bowdown:

vaiva
Sep 12th, 2004, 07:50 AM
Wasn't Lena also the overwhelming favourite in the poll for RG title?

tenn_ace, you're a jinx :p

the cat
Sep 12th, 2004, 04:45 PM
He (tenn_ace) did it again, Vaiva. ;) And I'm sorry I was right about Sveta beating Lena because I wanted Lena to win so much. But Sveta pummeled her and deserved to win. And it's unfortunate that Elena didn't have a complete day off after her dramamtic semifinal win. Elena was easy prey for Sveta. But if Lena had only held serve to go up 5-2 in the second set things would have gotten interesting. Lena's job after losing the first set was to win the second set and see if Sveta would get nervous in the third set. But Elena didn't do her job and get the match to a third set.

And I never expected Sveta to over power Elena the way she did. Kuznetsova displayed the best forehand since Steffi Graf and piled up 34 winners to Dementieva's 7 and that shocked me. :eek: Well done Svetlana and congratulations to Sveta on winning her first grnad slam singles title. :D

tenn_ace
Sep 12th, 2004, 11:47 PM
Wasn't Lena also the overwhelming favourite in the poll for RG title?

tenn_ace, you're a jinx :p

vaiva, I voted for Sveta. so it did work for me ;)

TartarVicario
Sep 13th, 2004, 07:21 AM
where is Tartar? I need her help here...

Sorry tenn_ace :o,I thought this is an old thread so I didn't come here :o.

Anyway I've just voted for Lana to help you hehe :angel: