PDA

View Full Version : I hope all of you enjoyed the THREE MINUTES of the Hantuchova/Raymond match

TeeRexx
Mar 12th, 2002, 08:36 PM
Ok, so we finally get a chance to see an up and coming female player during Hantuchova's 6-4, 6-4 victory Raymond and we get about THREE MINUTES of broadcast time of the match.

The match was starting to look good, but they had to rush back to look at Andre as usual.

Oh wekk, such is life. :rolleyes:

TeeRexx
Mar 12th, 2002, 09:00 PM
What a gyp!

GrandSlammed
Mar 12th, 2002, 09:01 PM
Actually... I couldn't care less about the Hantuhova/Raymond match..:shrugging shoulders: ;)

Agassi is looking terrible... he has held serve in the 2nd though...

6/7, 6/6... Kratochvil just forced the tie-break with a bitchin' backhand winner down the line.:)

Ryan
Mar 12th, 2002, 09:16 PM
From the online scores, it said Dani won 6-4 6-2.

GrandSlammed
Mar 12th, 2002, 09:20 PM
Agassi, men's defending Champion loses... 6/7,6/7..

Vanity
Mar 12th, 2002, 09:24 PM
Agassi, men's defending Champion loses... 6/7,6/7..

Good.. maybe they'll be inclined to show us some real tennis now.

Scotso
Mar 12th, 2002, 09:27 PM
Yay Michel! :bounce:

Tonight they're showing Blake vs Gambill instead of a women's semis.

Sooooo wrong! :mad:

I want to see Manu! :fiery:

xan
Mar 12th, 2002, 09:28 PM
I can't believe you got cut off just before the last game!

The Eurosport commentators said what a pity it was that they didn't have rights to the ATP event. But at least we saw the whole match.

I can get German Tv here, and they tend to do the same thing - pull out at a crucial point in a match for a routine news round-up or something. Good for Eurosport who will shift programmes to let us see the end of a match.

harloo
Mar 12th, 2002, 09:38 PM
Omg agassi looked like a father today. I have never seen him look like that, I knew he would lose that second set. Poor Andre, I guess he will go home and change Jaden now.:sad:

Greenout
Mar 12th, 2002, 11:44 PM
our coverage from delayed in Singapore,but it's
the British Eurosport feed and it's gonna be 4 QF
matches, 2 SF matches and the final.

HURRAH FOR SUPER SPORTS SINGAPORE!!!

Dawn Marie
Mar 12th, 2002, 11:56 PM
And the curse continues.. Agassi is out!

I like to watch Blake so I am not upset.. at all.:)

BK4ever
Mar 12th, 2002, 11:58 PM
ESPN is definitely shitty at times, but the IW organizers are to blame for the lack of womens coverage. they are the ones who buy the time in conjunction with the individual tours. It was clear from their website that the mens tourney is more important for then. it took them days to even put up a picture of the women on the front page.

the WTA and all its tournaments needs to but their TV time in bulk so that their is more of an even distribution of WTA activity on TV. I work in advertising and I go to what they call upfronts (where agencies and companies show up to purshase air time in bulk) every year and the ATP and the WTA have what is considered a very small buy.

moon
Mar 13th, 2002, 03:39 AM
Yeah, we got gyped big time today.
To add insult to injury they couldn't even show us the last freakin game before they had to go rushing back to Agassi.
I'm glad he got his butt kicked. :(

moby
Mar 13th, 2002, 08:05 AM
looks like it can be a swiss double :D