PDA

View Full Version : Would your country vote for a prime minister ...

GoDominiqu
Mar 12th, 2002, 07:00 PM
... - or however the top person of your country is called - who is already married for the 4th time ? ;)

The Crow
Mar 12th, 2002, 07:09 PM
I have no idea if my country would vote for him, but I could care less how many times the prime minister of my country is married

Barrie_Dude
Mar 12th, 2002, 07:18 PM
Well, in Canada, we have a Prime Minister. He is a total jerk! So, if the voters here can vote someone like the loser we have, than I do not see why being married 4 times should prevent him being Prime Minister!

Randy H
Mar 12th, 2002, 07:26 PM
I think our Prime Minister is better than the rest of the leaders of the opposition in Canada...Guess that doesn't speak too highly about our government! :o lol

Personally I wouldn't care how many times the Prime Minister has been married, he/she should be chosen based on his/her political ability and goals as a leader (though this is unfortunately unrealistic as many haven't a clue about their government yet still vote...).

DeniseM
Mar 13th, 2002, 04:58 AM
Look at Mel Lastman. He's done far stupider things than get married four times. Few people can point to any accomplishment that is ACTUALLY his. Yet he's been elected a mayor time and time again. And he's STILL highly popular.

Scotso
Mar 13th, 2002, 05:13 AM
Honestly I don't think the US citizens would. I don't think that any party would run a Candidate like that.

gentenaire
Mar 13th, 2002, 06:48 AM
I couldn't care less about the number of times this person got married, it's his political abilities that matter.

I once got this e-mail, I'm sure others got it too, asking who you'd vote for. They wrote down certain characteristics about world leaders of the past. If you said you'd vote for the one who never drinks, who'd never been in any sex scandal, etc you ended up voting for Hitler.

All the others, Churchill, Roosevelt, etc were either heavy drinkers, womanizers, etc.

I don't care what people do in their private lives, it's what they do in the public that matters.

Dahveed
Mar 13th, 2002, 08:36 AM
At least you're pretty sure you won't have any problems to get divorced in your country ;)

Princess Fiona
Mar 13th, 2002, 12:30 PM
I don't know about my country, but it certainly wouldn't be an issue with me.

GoDominiqu
Mar 13th, 2002, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the responses. :)

I asked this because our chancellor Gerhard Schröder is married for the 4th time but few people have a problem with that which is good. And the mayor of our capital (Berlin) is openly gay. :)
But for example in the USA, the candidates often seem to emphasize their intact family life before elections, and I wonder whether someone like Schröder would even make it to being a candidate there.

Josh
Mar 13th, 2002, 01:19 PM
Gerhard must be a difficult man to live with. ;)

Isn't the mayor of Paris gay as well? Or is that London? :confused:

Volcana
Mar 13th, 2002, 01:54 PM
Sure. Reagan was divorced and re-married. Clinton was a well-storied philanderer. Bush, Jr a known drug user. The three criteria for being prsidnet of the USA are being

1) White
2) Male
3) Christian

If aren't all three, you can't be president. If you are all three, all you need is better money and connections than the white, male, christian opposing you.

Zamboni
Mar 13th, 2002, 02:03 PM
I am not commenting on what kind of Prime Minister my country will vote until May.
And if they vote a certain man called Pim it will be the first time that I'm ashamed to live in the Netherlands. But they won't vote him as a Prime Minister I think.

Giuliano
Mar 13th, 2002, 02:24 PM
Yes Josh, Bertrand Delanoé is gay. But I never heard about a french president or Prime Minister who would have divorced four times. Mitterand only had a hidden daughter (at least that we know) and Chirac has money issues (we call him the three billion years of jail man) lol.
But our current Prime Minister is considered a little uptight. A show even said that he might have a broom stuck up his a** :o

Josh
Mar 13th, 2002, 03:59 PM
LMAO :D

Yeah that sounds like Jospin. ;)

Monica_Rules
Mar 13th, 2002, 04:08 PM
I don't think that matters its the politics that matters to me!:rolleyes:

disposablehero
Mar 14th, 2002, 12:39 AM
Our country was founded by a drunk.

Our best Prime Minister of the past 50 years was a womanizer and cared little for what anyone thought of him.

Our current Prime Minister is a stable family man with no visible character flaws other than the desire to lead an autocracy.

Linton
Mar 16th, 2002, 02:41 AM
God this is an old thread.

LucasArg
Mar 16th, 2002, 05:48 AM
I don't care if he is married 10 times. If he is gay. I don't mind what he/she does in their private lifes.