htm
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:18 AM
On espn news now

bmxbandit
you're kidding, right?

geoepee
Man! I wish I had ESPN news.....will it be on ESPN or ESPN2?

WtaTour4Ever
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:19 AM
ok some one give us the blow by blow

Knizzle
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:19 AM
Really

Mr. Man
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:21 AM
Yep. He said he thinks Serena lost b/c of the 57 UFE NOT the bad calls. He said she wasn't mentally tough enough.

Diesel
He's going to talk to her after, says the errors had more to do than the bad calls which he says were five, says Serena needs to be menatally tough.

treufreund
richard does not believe it makes a difference. she just made too many mistakes according to him.

boy he is being diplomatic. :angel:

Freewoman33
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:22 AM
You know Richard is going to tell it like it is.

Rocketta
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:22 AM
it wasn't a news conference just a interview catching him walking somewhere

He took the high road...;)

Lee-Waters' Boy
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:23 AM
good for richard and serena
too bad the williams' fans aren't quite as classy

tenn_ace
props to Richard.

Rocketta
but lets be honest, Richard doesn't have to say anything the media is going to bring this up over and over for him....he's smart. :angel:

AjdeNate!
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:24 AM
Wow,.... GOOD one Richard!!! I'm glad. Daddy told it like it was. Said bad calls NEVER cause a win/loss, and the loss can be blamed on her 57 UEs and that she needs to be mentally tougher.

SelesFan70
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:25 AM
Hopefully, since so many took Richard at his word about Tracy Austin, they'll take his word here as well. I do admire Mr. Williams for not kissing the media's ass simply because they want him to. :D

Diesel

Oh please, just last night Richard was a racist ignorant fool and tonight he's classy and on top of that you have room to add Serena. That must have cost you and others on hypocrisy.

Rocketta
eh, oh well since I've been deemed unclassy no need in pretending so take your opinion and shove it. Thanks! :wavey:

bmxbandit
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:26 AM
And you really are classy by generalizing every Williams fan into one group.

Freewoman33
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:27 AM
I agree that Serena needs to be more mentally tough. When you have the crowd, the Umpire and the line's people against you, all you have left is your mental strength. I'd hoped Serena had learned from the FO match against Justlying.

htm
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:27 AM
Richard is doing a good job at letting white people feel comfortable with the fault, but we do that as black people no matter how horrible you are. After all look at what we had to deal with. I just hope at some point white people could be a little honest.

Rocketta
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:28 AM
Hopefully, since so many took Richard at his word about Tracy Austin, they'll take his word here as well. I do admire Mr. Williams for not kissing the media's ass simply because they want him to. :D
What did we take at his word? That he was offended by what Tracy said? I'm sorry most fans already had a negative opinion based on Tracy's words (matter of fact I can bump the thread for you if you don't believe me) and not what Richard said. We just hoped that she would shut up because of it. :lol:

Knizzle
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:29 AM
He said that cause he always prepared his daughters to deal with things like this ever since they were little and it has worked for them most of the time, but not tonight.

tenn_ace
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:30 AM
Richard is doing a good job at letting white people feel comfortable with the fault, but we do that as black people no matter how horrible you are. After all look at what we had to deal with. I just hope at some point white people could be a little honest.

why don't you just buy a gun and start shooting white people... :rolleyes: will you feel better? :rolleyes:

mentos
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:31 AM
So Rich is all good again?
Just keeping score is all.

Hant Hant
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:32 AM
Richard is a fair man.

Mrs. Peel
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:32 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rocketta
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:33 AM
He said that cause he always prepared his daughters to deal with things like this ever since they were little and it has worked for them most of the time, but not tonight.
of course he's not upset isn't this what he's been saying all along? *They* don't want his daughters to win? :lol: I want to see these people when he mentions it later like he is. :lol:

Mrs. Peel
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:34 AM
eh, oh well since I've been deemed unclassy no need in pretending so take your opinion and shove it. Thanks! :wavey:
Yeah Lee-Water's Boy..SHOVE IT HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yours truly,

Classless :p

harloo
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:35 AM
Sorry,but Serena and Jen both made too many errors.

Yes Serena was clearly robbed and yes if she did not make as many errors as she did the match would not have been so close.

However Jen is not some amateur player, she was forcing those errors. The chair robbed serena of the match tonight. She should be fired.

esquímaux
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:36 AM
Good job Papa Williams, they wanted a show and you didn't give it to them :).

tenn_ace
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:40 AM
Nope, I'll just let GOD handle it you will feel the heat sooner than later. :devil: P.S. White people are evil.

hopefully, I will never have to meet you anywhere, especially in some dark small back street :wavey:

mentos
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:41 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:The rules of this game change so fast, especially concerning the Williams'. (Kind of like the way the rules changed in tonight's Jen v. Serena match).
I'm simply trying to make sure that I score it fairly. Richard is back to deuce it appears.:rolleyes:

Tratree
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:42 AM
No need to lump all Williams fans together. Most fans are just ticked off as I would be if I was rooting for Serena. I can handle the anger. There are a select few people who are being juvenile attacking Jennifer, her fans and white people in general, but don't lump everyone together. Generalizing is ignorant, IMO.

htm
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:43 AM
hopefully, I will never have to meet you anywhere, especially in some dark small back street :wavey:

Why will you piss and shit on yourself.

Black Mamba.
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:44 AM
Richard is a very smart smart man. He knew they wanted to shove the camera in his face so he would go off on the USTA or Jen, so the media could switch everything around and make him look like the bad guy. This is why Richard said what he did.

WtaTour4Ever
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:45 AM
No need to lump all Williams fans together. Most fans are just ticked off as I would be if I was rooting for Serena. I can handle the anger. There are a select few people who are being juvenile attacking Jennifer, her fans and white people in general, but don't lump everyone together. Generalizing is ignorant, IMO.
TYVM Maybe I should but that in my sig... Classy Ass Williams Fan

tenn_ace
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:47 AM
Why will you piss and shit on yourself.
definitely 7. that is you're.

bye.

Knizzle
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:47 AM
Tupac said it best. "Me Against the World"

Shuji Shuriken
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:53 AM
What ticks me off the most is the reaction of jubilation on the part of the linespersons and umpire by these socalled tennis fans :tape: :rolleyes:. Anyways...good on Richard for avoiding further controversy :)

BK4ever
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:54 AM
like Harloo and Richard said...Serena lost the match on her 57 errors...that is ridiculous...it was like watching her five years ago when she had no patience. Yeah Jen was using alot of slice...but Serena usually handles slices very well because...they were giving her trouble because she was impatient and wasnt willing to stay out there and rally as long as she needed to.

This year is officially a WASH OUT for both Serena and Venus...

I almost wish they would take off the rest of the year.

nubienne459
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:54 AM
but lets be honest, Richard doesn't have to say anything the media is going to bring this up over and over for him....he's smart

My sentiments exactly. Richard knows what happened. Let the USTA and WTA stew in their own juices.

WF4EVER
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:56 AM
Serena was clearly robbed and as one thread read "A point doesn't make a match" but hey, 4 points make a game. I felt sorry for Serena because you could see the way she hit that last forehand that she had just had enough.

I don't know whether she'd have won the match or not; she truly made too many unforced errors and was very inconsistent but she was clearly robbed. I've grown tired of the officiating in recent times especially after what happened to Venus at Wimbledon.

Serena said on ESPN news that she doesn't want Alves umpiring her matches anymore because she's obviously "anti-Serena". Tragic.

Jericho
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:52 AM
:lol::tape::lol: