PDA

View Full Version : Jennifer is neither a cheater nor a liar

Keith
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:03 AM
I feel bad for Serena. That call in the opening game was just WRONG. It should have been Serena's point, NO DOUBT. I can't blame Jen for that. It was the judge. In her post-match on court interview, Jen admitted that it was close. She did not lie about it. They traded the first two games anyway. I'm a Jen fan and I would never want her to win by bad calls or forfeits or anything other than her playing with her heart. She did that tonight no matter what anyone says. I am disgusted that people are blaimg Jen. Jen just went with it. What was she supposed to do? At that moment, tension was high, and who wants to give away points? If Jen saw the monitor it may have been a different story. Jen is 100% in favor of instant replay. She would go with the facts. Yes, there were bad calls. In the past year or so with new technology, as spectators in out living rooms, we get to see the results of human error. I understand and beleive that Serena and her fans have a right to be upset. But on the court, they don't have shot spot (or whatever it is). Anyone who has ever seen a match live can attest to many serves that look very long but are played anyway.

Both ladies gave it their everything tonight. Neither were the favorites for the championship. When Jen and Serena meet, it's always something special. I enjoy watching them play everytime (except Wimby lol).

I don't know what would have happened if Jen lost serve there, but the result will stand. I'm happy for Jen. I truly feel for Serena. These two have always brung out the best in sports - and each other! Two athletes that hate to lose to each other and try to beat the heck out of each other. The respect they each have for each other is evident. They match up so well. They play with their hearts. They play to the last point. Just remember that from late 2001 until 2 years later, Jen finally had a comeback to Serena after coming up short so many times. History is erased when these two meet. I am upset that this match might be marred with controversy (As it it valid) but in the end, they always fight until the last ball.

Controversy aside, I thought Jen served so well tonight. She kept coming back at Serena time and time again. And Serena answered. It went to the wire once again. Please let's not say Jen was a cheat. I would never accuse Serena of that (or any other player). On the tour, there is little doubt that they have the biggest wills to win. Their hearts are on their sleeves (or denim skirts ;) ).

Knizzle
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:07 AM
Jen lied and what she said was dispicable, no getting around that Keith.

Diesel
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:11 AM
Whatever. Jen changed her statement from the immediate end of the match to her interviews since. She obviously knows what's up and to just be about "Oh I won the match on full merit" would be full crap. I respect Serena for sure, Jen ehh.

tennischick
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:13 AM
no, she is actually BOTH. :mad:

Keith
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:16 AM
Whatever people. Jennifer may be a drama queen and hate to lose, but she is fair. I hate to say it, but she gave Serena the boot.

esquímaux
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:17 AM
I feel bad for Serena. That call in the opening game was just WRONG. It should have been Serena's point, NO DOUBT. I can't blame Jen for that. It was the judge. In her post-match on court interview, Jen admitted that it was close. She did not lie about it. They traded the first two games anyway. I'm a Jen fan and I would never want her to win by bad calls or forfeits or anything other than her playing with her heart. She did that tonight no matter what anyone says. I am disgusted that people are blaimg Jen. Jen just went with it. What was she supposed to do? At that moment, tension was high, and who wants to give away points? If Jen saw the monitor it may have been a different story. Jen is 100% in favor of instant replay. She would go with the facts. Yes, there were bad calls. In the past year or so with new technology, as spectators in out living rooms, we get to see the results of human error. I understand and beleive that Serena and her fans have a right to be upset. But on the court, they don't have shot spot (or whatever it is). Anyone who has ever seen a match live can attest to many serves that look very long but are played anyway.

Both ladies gave it their everything tonight. Neither were the favorites for the championship. When Jen and Serena meet, it's always something special. I enjoy watching them play everytime (except Wimby lol).

I don't know what would have happened if Jen lost serve there, but the result will stand. I'm happy for Jen. I truly feel for Serena. These two have always brung out the best in sports - and each other! Two athletes that hate to lose to each other and try to beat the heck out of each other. The respect they each have for each other is evident. They match up so well. They play with their hearts. They play to the last point. Just remember that from late 2001 until 2 years later, Jen finally had a comeback to Serena after coming up short so many times. History is erased when these two meet. I am upset that this match might be marred with controversy (As it it valid) but in the end, they always fight until the last ball.

Controversy aside, I thought Jen served so well tonight. She kept coming back at Serena time and time again. And Serena answered. It went to the wire once again. Please let's not say Jen was a cheat. I would never accuse Serena of that (or any other player). On the tour, there is little doubt that they have the biggest wills to win. Their hearts are on their sleeves (or denim skirts ;) ).
Hiya Keith :wavey::kiss::D

Anyway, Jen played a good match tonight. I noticed in TOO MANY rallies that Jen ran down a lot all the balls and eventually Serena made the error. Even when Serena tried to dropshot, Jen ran those down too and won the points. Putting the line calls aside (waaaaaaaaay way aside), this was a close match.

Diesel
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:18 AM
She is fair? So even with body language showing she knew the ball was in and then immediately insinuating that it was okay the linesman called it out because she's had calls against her in the past and then when she knew the media was hot on the story saying it was too close to call? Fair? Or was your post just a bullshit post that when people aren't agreeing with you Jennifer becomes one who simply gave Serena the boot?

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:20 AM
Damn right what is the difference it was 0-1 because of the call but then went right back to 1-1. It was even again and they both had the chance to come back and win. Serena didn't do it and Jen did!!!

bigshow21
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:20 AM
Serena had many chances to get back and make good shots but she didnt. Jen is NOT a liar or a cheater. Who the hell is going to say "yeah that ball was in give Serena the point?" Come on lets get real here. Besides Jen didnt see it any better than anyone else out there. Jen won fair and square!!

thelittlestelf
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:21 AM
She lied when she said "the ball was close." Bold face lie right there. The ball was in, not close. Very, very in. Jen may have had sun spots, but you would have to be blind to not notice that was in. Then after that, 3 more times the ball landed in and was called out by that blockhead umpire and Jen tranced off with no argument.

Jen played well, but did not deserve to win.

Keith
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:22 AM

Anyway, Jen played a good match tonight. I noticed in TOO MANY rallies that Jen ran down a lot all the balls and eventually Serena made the error. Even when Serena tried to dropshot, Jen ran those down too and won the points. Putting the line calls aside (waaaaaaaaay way aside), this was a close match.

Thank you my pumpkin patch!

I consider myself a very low-key Jen fan. I almost never rub in a win or display destructive behavior when she loses (which is often enough, thank you). Jen played well. Serena played well. I think Jen is a classy athlete, just like Serena. Jen can be a bit of a tart on the court, but it's passion, not cheating or lying. Inall of their matches, it has been great tennis. Besides those couple of bad calls, it was entertaining tennis.

bigshow21
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:26 AM
She lied when she said "the ball was close." Bold face lie right there. The ball was in, not close. Very, very in. Jen may have had sun spots, but you would have to be blind to not notice that was in. Then after that, 3 more times the ball landed in and was called out by that blockhead umpire and Jen tranced off with no argument.

How is that a lie??? Did she say the ball was out? NO!!!!!!! She just said it was close, that can go either way....as in or as out. So dont sit there and try to call her a cheater and a liar!

tennischick
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:29 AM

Anyway, Jen played a good match tonight. I noticed in TOO MANY rallies that Jen ran down a lot all the balls and eventually Serena made the error. Even when Serena tried to dropshot, Jen ran those down too and won the points. Putting the line calls aside (waaaaaaaaay way aside), this was a close match.i agree. i will even add that there was a spunkiness to Jen's step when she broke Serena (fairly, no bad line calls) in the first game of the 2nd set and continued to hold her serve decisively after that in that set.

at the end of the day it may be that Jen would have won anyway with her superb defensive play. the problem is that we will never know. what we do know is that Serena got cheated at KEY points and that the decisions were so HORRENDOUS that even the commentators still can't stop talking about them. now that tells you something.

shap_half
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:32 AM
and the last time i checked, bad calls have always been and will continue to be part of tennis. that's just a fact. as long as people are the ones judging matches, that's always going to be the case. Jenn shouldn't be obligated to act as a line's judge for Serena. Yes, Jenn complains more so than anyone else out there when she thinks she gets a bad call and maybe it would have been the right decision on her part to tell the truth, but that is not her job. And what she said is true, she's gotten bad calls against her plenty of times in the past. And maybe some could have been avoided if the opponent also opened her mouth. I feel for Serena. I really do, but it can be argued that every person who's ever lost a match has had calls made against her/him that their oppoent saw as a 'good' ball.

Hant Hant
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:34 AM
What's done is done. Jennifer is in the semifinals.

Knizzle
i don't understand what being white has to do with the situation. people need to STOP with that.

and the last time i checked, bad calls have always been and will continue to be part of tennis. that's just a fact. as long as people are the ones judging matches, that's always going to be the case. Jenn shouldn't be obligated to act as a line's judge for Serena. Yes, Jenn complains more so than anyone else out there when she thinks she gets a bad call and maybe it would have been the right decision on her part to tell the truth, but that is not her job. And what she said is true, she's gotten bad calls against her plenty of times in the past. And maybe some could have been avoided if the opponent also opened her mouth. I feel for Serena. I really do, but it can be argued that every person who's ever lost a match has had calls made against her/him that their oppoent saw as a 'good' ball.
yeah whatever Shap, we already know how you feel.

RedFilaJ-Cap#1

The hell she didn't deserve to win!!! WTF you talking about? She had a great first serve percentage and was hitting great shots that Serena could not handle. The slices were so great and Serena could not return them for winners. She forced Serena to make errors she did not force a fucking judge to call a ball out!!!

nash
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:39 AM
I agree. Jennifer shouldn't have to call the lines. That's what we have linesmen & umpires for. Instant Replay would have revealed the mistakes & the right calls could have been made. No blame to Jennifer. She fought her heart out. Great win for her...

shap_half
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:39 AM
yeah whatever Shap, we already know how you feel.

fuck you. get over yourself. and think rationally. when was the last time serena's ever spoke up and out against a call made against her opponent? I feel for Serena's situation and she was not given a fair chance to compete because of the call, but that's just the way the game goes. There is human error involved in the process. And as long as that's the case, calls are never going to be 100% accurate and it's not the player's responsibility to correct those calls. That's part of the game.

Robbie.
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:40 AM
It's not the players perogative to call the lines. Jenn saw that shot ONCE from a poor angle in the heat of the moment and was probably wishing it out anyway. Do you really trust her judgement? Jenn also saw other balls out during the match that were clearly in during the second set. Should we have taken Jenn's calls on those points as well? Player's play, Lines People call the lines, Umpire has veto. That's the division of labor on the tennis court.

The lines person should have spoken up if anything. It was poor officiating, not Jenn that was the problem..

harloo
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:44 AM
Serena would of been up 3-0 in the third if the mistake was not made.

The match was so intense that every point made a difference.

I don't blame Jen for the mistake she was doing what she needed to do, but I was disgusted with her attitude when interviewed on court after the match. Talk about rubbing salt in the wound. What a poor sportswoman.:rolleyes:

esquímaux
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:48 AM
Thank you my pumpkin patch!:angel:

mentos
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:51 AM
Jennifer is neither a cheater nor a liar
She's an equally surly distribution of both with a Shaq O'Neal gym socks 'stank' attitude.

Jeff
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:04 AM
The truth is that one point did change the match. Serena broke Jennifer in the next game, and therefore could have gone up 2-0 and serve for 3-0. This would have given Serena the momentum and confidence, and Jennifer would be playing from behind. Instead, Jennifer broke Serena in that first game, and that (along with knowing she got a crucial free point) gave Jennifer the extra motivation and confidence to play her best the remainder of the match. Meanwhile, despite Serena breaking the next game, she still was not playing with motivation or confidence; she knew she'd been robbed of the point.

So definetly the one point did make a difference, and definetly Capriati knew that ball was in. That ball was obviously in and she knew it. Capriati questions calls all the time that are clearly not what she thinks they are just to get crowds on her side, so there's no doubt the cheat would say she would say it was too close to call.

shap_half
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:31 AM
Who said Serena would have won that game just because she won that point? ASSUME and you know what happens.

adidas11
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:40 AM
I couldn't agree more with what you just said Jeff....

To McEnroe's point, what happened was "disgusting".

This will not be forgotten. I'm still not over the Paul Hamm incident. Again, another case of "how on earth could you accept something when you know damn well that it wasn't yours in the first place".

gRaFiC
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:42 AM
Congratulations Jennifer!

BK4ever
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:43 AM
``Believe me, I've had things go against me many times, plenty of times. I deserve to get a call once in a while.''

what Jen said in reference to the controversial point!

Julia_08
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:47 AM
was a strange game to watch.. the Judge was terrible..... im happy with Jen's win.... it sucks for Serena.. we know that the balls was in.. but the thing is that i dont think that she would have win the game if the judge had called the balls in..

Same things happened to other players

switz
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:47 AM
Who the hell is going to say "yeah that ball was in give Serena the point?"

somebody with principles perhaps - who values respect. it's funny because in men's tennis you see it all the time, even when it is a lot closer than that.

Diesel
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:48 AM
I couldn't agree more with what you just said Jeff....

To McEnroe's point, what happened was "disgusting".

This will not be forgotten. I'm still not over the Paul Hamm incident. Again, another case of "how on earth could you accept something when you know damn well that it wasn't yours in the first place".

Very easily it seems for Jen :lol:

tennisluver99
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:50 AM
On the late night show Capriati lied once again.

The girl asks her about the call and Capriati replies "I wasn't even looking,so I couldn't tell." Then they show the replay and you can clearly see her looking right at the ball.

LOL!!!! Capriati is so stupid, I don't even care anymore I find this all funny now. Seeing Capriati lie through her teeth.

starr
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:52 AM
The truth is that one point did change the match. Serena broke Jennifer in the next game, and therefore could have gone up 2-0 and serve for 3-0. This would have given Serena the momentum and confidence, and Jennifer would be playing from behind. Instead, Jennifer broke Serena in that first game, and that (along with knowing she got a crucial free point) gave Jennifer the extra motivation and confidence to play her best the remainder of the match. Meanwhile, despite Serena breaking the next game, she still was not playing with motivation or confidence; she knew she'd been robbed of the point.

So definetly the one point did make a difference, and definetly Capriati knew that ball was in. That ball was obviously in and she knew it. Capriati questions calls all the time that are clearly not what she thinks they are just to get crowds on her side, so there's no doubt the cheat would say she would say it was too close to call.
That's a leap of logic.

The truth is that you don't know what would have happened had Serena held in that game. You don't even know if that point would have allowed her to hold the game.

What people like to think is that you can just go back and change one thing in the past and then everthing will flow forward as it did in reality.

You don't know if Jennifer would have hit the ball over the base line on the next point. You don't know how either of the girls would have played had the disruption of the argument about the bad call not occured.

What is clear to me is that Jen played the worst game she played in two sets on the next game. That could be as the result of her losing focus and being distracted by that bad call being in her head. I don't know if that is true or not, but the point is, neither do you know what would have happened had the ball been called good instead of out.

It's speculation pure and simple.

The truth is that particular call did not decide the outcome of the match. Now, the bad calls in the last game are a little more questionable in my mind. I think Serena was more damaged by those bad calls than she was by the call that is getting all the attention.

I think it is awful to watch your favorite have this happen. I remember being outraged when Kim's overhead was called out. But, I didn't think Justine was a cheater or a liar. I thought the umpire should never have overruled such a close call. I was very upset....... but you know what? the next day, it was all ok. :)

Knizzle
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:52 AM
On the late night show Capriati lied once again.

The girl asks her about the call and Capriati replies "I wasn't even looking,so I couldn't tell." Then they show the replay and you can clearly see her looking right at the ball.

LOL!!!! Capriati is so stupid, I don't even care anymore I find this all funny now. Seeing Capriati lie through her teeth.
What the hell was she running after then?? Was a flying roach chasing her??

Mrs. Peel
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:59 AM

So definetly the one point did make a difference, and definetly Capriati knew that ball was in. That ball was obviously in and she knew it. Capriati questions calls all the time that are clearly not what she thinks they are just to get crowds on her side, so there's no doubt the cheat would say she would say it was too close to call.This whole situation is so funny involviong a person like Jennifer who is always arguing line calls with passion...always looking for JUSTICE for line calls that she feels she is always right about (even if it is out of her sight :rolleyes: ) and especially ones she is wrong about :rolleyes: That big mouth always flapping...you actually believe that she wasn't watching that ball the way she always shoots her big ass mouth off about line calls??????????..she saw it..YOU KNOW SHE SAW IT. She is a liar when she says she didn't due to the way she has comported herself in the past. But if that is how she wants to win...good for her :shrug:

adidas11
Sep 8th, 2004, 05:07 AM
Starr - your attempt to counter Jeff's post was quite weak. It was a leap of logic? Advise --> please listen to what the guy is saying first before you state your opinion. His post was logical to me. There are certain rights and wrongs in this world. When one is wronged, it affects one's whole psyche. Again, from Jeff's post "this would have given Serena the momentum and confidence". Serena was ever the same after that call.

Jeff
Sep 8th, 2004, 05:07 AM
That's a leap of logic.

The truth is that particular call did not decide the outcome of the match. Now, the bad calls in the last game are a little more questionable in my mind. I think Serena was more damaged by those bad calls than she was by the call that is getting all the attention.

I think it is awful to watch your favorite have this happen. I remember being outraged when Kim's overhead was called out. But, I didn't think Justine was a cheater or a liar. I thought the umpire should never have overruled such a close call. I was very upset....... but you know what? the next day, it was all ok. :)Well then you obviously do not play or know tennis all that well, because if you did, then you would know how mental the game is and how one game in a match can change your whole train of thought, focus and strategy of a match. It is very true that the outcome following that point is unknown, but I am very certain that Serena would have had break point and also that she would have been fully focused on recovering from her hiccup in the second, rather than side-tracked about being robbed in a point. It is a big deal, especially since thw two have dramatic matches/rivalries to begin with.

Diesel
Sep 8th, 2004, 05:08 AM
This whole situation is so funny involviong a person like Jennifer who is always arguing line calls with passion...always looking for JUSTICE for line calls that she feels she is always right about (even if it is out of her sight :rolleyes: ) and especially ones she is wrong about :rolleyes: That big mouth always flapping...you actually believe that she wasn't watching that ball the way she always shoots her big ass mouth off about line calls??????????..she saw it..YOU KNOW SHE SAW IT. She is a liar when she says she didn't due to the way she has comported herself in the past. But if that is how she wants to win...good for her :shrug:

:worship: :worship: :yeah:

Circe
Sep 8th, 2004, 05:10 AM
whats done is done. jenn should have given the point if she had seen it at that moment. since she didn't, nothing could be done after that. i dont even really expect sportsmanship in the women's game so i wont be surprised or indignant.

adidas11
Sep 8th, 2004, 05:15 AM
Circe - that's the whole point of these various threads. What's done is done, I agree. BUT, it has to be recognised and addressed as it was clearly unfair. You can clearly see from the varied posts the true nature of the posters. Most have a clear opinion one way or the other.

lizchris
Sep 8th, 2004, 05:21 AM
Jennier is a cheater and a liar and her two inconsistent statements proved that. Plus I saw her look at the shot on the replay. She saw it was in.

adidas11
Sep 8th, 2004, 05:22 AM
As the saying goes,

Action Speaks Louder Than Words

HectorMagnus
Sep 8th, 2004, 05:26 AM
Jennier is a cheater and a liar and her two inconsistent statements proved that. Plus I saw her look at the shot on the replay. She saw it was in.

I will have a dreamless night..... :tape:

-=Safinette=-
Sep 8th, 2004, 06:00 AM
This is unfair for jen. It wasn't her fault that the umpire made a wrong call. :rolleyes:

Bamafan717
Sep 8th, 2004, 06:14 AM
IMHO, I think that JCAP should have told Alves that the shot was clearly in. So yes, JCAP is a liar. Everyone knew that shot WAS CLEARLY IN!

HectorMagnus
Sep 8th, 2004, 06:20 AM
IMHO, I think that JCAP should have told Alves that the shot was clearly in. So yes, JCAP is a liar. Everyone knew that shot WAS CLEARLY IN!

players should be told if their shots or their opponent shots are right or not? what's the logic in this : :scratch:

they should take care about their play not about lines....when they are in play, they sometimes don't know the right score so you want them to count points or what? :bs:

gRaFiC
Sep 8th, 2004, 06:33 AM
My god! Leave Jennifer alone. Tennis would have to be the most officiated sport on the planet. There is a lines person for every line, a net cord judge, central chair umpire and a tournament referee! Where humans are involved there will always be error, simple.

Bamafan717
Sep 8th, 2004, 06:35 AM
My god! Leave Jennifer alone. Tennis would have to be the most officiated sport on the planet. There is a lines person for every line, a net cord judge, central chair umpire and a tournament referee! Where humans are involved there will always be error, simple.

*coughs* EXCUSES *ends cough* :lol:

tennisfan22
Sep 8th, 2004, 06:36 AM
everything is fair in love , war and tennis :haha:

Go Jenni :hearts: :bigclap:

Bamafan717
Sep 8th, 2004, 06:43 AM
players should be told if their shots or their opponent shots are right or not? what's the logic in this : :scratch:

they should take care about their play not about lines....when they are in play, they sometimes don't know the right score so you want them to count points or what? :bs:

My statement might be :bs:, but your reply to my statement is :topic:

Stamp Paid
Sep 8th, 2004, 06:46 AM
She looks like a woman who knows she just pulled a fast one. http://wtaworld.com/ubb/redface.gif

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/040907/040907_williams_capriati_hmed.hmedium.jpg

The Pink hippo must GO. http://wtaworld.com/ubb/redface.gif

Bamafan717
Sep 8th, 2004, 06:53 AM
She looks like a woman who knows she just pulled a fast one. http://wtaworld.com/ubb/redface.gif

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/040907/040907_williams_capriati_hmed.hmedium.jpg

Damn! I wish I was that clever!

Thank you for the very LONG laugh. I have a few tears :lol:

gRaFiC
Sep 8th, 2004, 07:21 AM
*coughs* EXCUSES *ends cough* :lol:

It's not an excuse. A fact. Instead of directing you're anger towards Jennifer I would suggest, if you haven't already done so, visit the thread about the chair umpire.

switz
Sep 8th, 2004, 07:51 AM

yes because we know capriati never takes any interest in lines calls does she. i seem to remember half her first round press conference being about them. she always argues that balls of her opponents are so far out etc and the funniest thing is that she is almost always wrong and it is rarely even close.

i think she's nice person overall but she really manages to make an arse of herself on the court

esquímaux
Sep 8th, 2004, 08:48 AM
If you say so Keith if that makes you happy as a liar and a cheat, but I guess as a white person you have dealt with it long enough to make you happy, but I hope you and your white brotherns can stand the heat in HELL.
What the heck? Is that really necessary :tape::cuckoo: Ummm in the end, it's just a game guys; relax :angel:

limpbizkit
Sep 8th, 2004, 10:01 AM
That's a leap of logic.

The truth is that you don't know what would have happened had Serena held in that game. You don't even know if that point would have allowed her to hold the game.

What people like to think is that you can just go back and change one thing in the past and then everthing will flow forward as it did in reality.

You don't know if Jennifer would have hit the ball over the base line on the next point. You don't know how either of the girls would have played had the disruption of the argument about the bad call not occured.

What is clear to me is that Jen played the worst game she played in two sets on the next game. That could be as the result of her losing focus and being distracted by that bad call being in her head. I don't know if that is true or not, but the point is, neither do you know what would have happened had the ball been called good instead of out.

It's speculation pure and simple.

I think it is awful to watch your favorite have this happen. I remember being outraged when Kim's overhead was called out. But, I didn't think Justine was a cheater or a liar. I thought the umpire should never have overruled such a close call. I was very upset....... but you know what? the next day, it was all ok. :)

With the premise, for Jeff, that I'm not a tennis player, I totally agree with Starr.
In particular, as a Jen fan, I'm feeling much more unconfortable with the bad line call that gave the final match point to Jen.
That bad line call spoiled my joy for a beautiful match by Jen and a win that I think she deserved in the last two sets.
In fact, Serena's ball on the line had to give her a break point instead of the third match ball for Jen, and with already two match points missed I don't know what will be happen (I've in my mind Jen's double fault in the first point of the last game).

baleineau
Sep 8th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Controversy aside, I thought Jen served so well tonight.

Yeah, she served well, but she was given an extra couple of inches to aim into at crucial stages of the match.

bandabou
Sep 8th, 2004, 10:44 AM
It´s cool....nobody´s a cheater nor a liar...but then for people to come and say that there were NO bad calls, that the calls did NOT affect the outcome of the match...it´s amazing.

first: it´s game point for Serena instead of bp for Jennifer...so if Jen wanna break she has to win THREE more points to break in the first game.....and then the calls in that last game...o.k., I guess as long as it is a Williams everything is allowed.

Remember how everybody said that watts was human at wimbledon too?!

Zhao
Sep 8th, 2004, 11:52 AM
take a life people...
why can't u guys accept the fact that Serena has lost???
all the assumptions Serena fans has made r ridicious... true those questionable points may have contributed to her loss but wat about those tonnes of Unforced errors she's made??... her serve was not up to standard...etc...
i could also say that had Jenny could have broken Serena again after 2-1 in the 3rd... i mean u guys juz simply blame Jenn for Serena's loss.. without taking into account that Serena simply faced a more consistent n mentally tougher nemisis

lets not say..." i hope Dementieva can beat Jenn" that kinda statement anymore.. show some maturity... Serena has never mention Jenn as a cheater or watsoever... that's class... shouldn't her fans behave the same way???

TimBo
Sep 8th, 2004, 12:00 PM
Im not sure about you guys, but if Im running full stretch, trying to see a ball that was clearly hit hard and close to the lines and your heart is wishing the ball out anyway, I wouldnt conside the point either. Im not really a fan of either woman (Davenport is my girl) but I dont think it was Jenn's fault. Even in the press conference Serena said Jenn played a great match and Serena said herself that she dug her own grave with 52 unforced errors. Its too bad the call was horrible, no doubt, but blaming Jenn is not a solution.

saki
Sep 8th, 2004, 12:00 PM
Exactly. The umpire was at fault and I also feel for Serena. I like her much more than I like Jen both for her game and for her personality. But, it wasn't Jen's job to call balls out or in, it was the umpire's job and she did it badly.

adidas11
Sep 8th, 2004, 12:54 PM
Im not sure about you guys, but if Im running full stretch, trying to see a ball that was clearly hit hard and close to the lines and your heart is wishing the ball out anyway, I wouldnt conside the point either.
And there lies your true colors...

Per your logic, if you are really wishing hard the ball was out but saw the ball in, you would accept the umpires mistake. Hmmmmm...

.....you must think Paul Hamm is really the Gold Medal Winner too... :rolleyes:

bandabou
Sep 8th, 2004, 12:59 PM
take a life people...
why can't u guys accept the fact that Serena has lost???
all the assumptions Serena fans has made r ridicious... true those questionable points may have contributed to her loss but wat about those tonnes of Unforced errors she's made??... her serve was not up to standard...etc...
i could also say that had Jenny could have broken Serena again after 2-1 in the 3rd... i mean u guys juz simply blame Jenn for Serena's loss.. without taking into account that Serena simply faced a more consistent n mentally tougher nemisis

lets not say..." i hope Dementieva can beat Jenn" that kinda statement anymore.. show some maturity... Serena has never mention Jenn as a cheater or watsoever... that's class... shouldn't her fans behave the same way???

Of course...just glad that Serena lost, I guess.

WF4EVER
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:05 PM

I saw this pic on another site and said "OMG, she looks like a demon with that grin on her face".

That's a damn good photographer to get that shot, lol.

tennisfun
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:18 PM
Thank you my pumpkin patch!

I consider myself a very low-key Jen fan. I almost never rub in a win or display destructive behavior when she loses (which is often enough, thank you). Jen played well. Serena played well. I think Jen is a classy athlete, just like Serena. Jen can be a bit of a tart on the court, but it's passion, not cheating or lying. Inall of their matches, it has been great tennis. Besides those couple of bad calls, it was entertaining tennis. Your nickname is dumbass pig brain.

Zhao
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:37 PM
Are you a typical asian man /woman who begs white people to fuck you?
:rolleyes:
not to mention this statement u juz made... u cannot even tell whether i m a man/woman.... shows u dun have brains at all... dun start all these racist statement n learn some manners...

SerenaSlam
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Damn right what is the difference it was 0-1 because of the call but then went right back to 1-1. It was even again and they both had the chance to come back and win. Serena didn't do it and Jen did!!!
that is not the point, that they both go breaks. there shoud have never been a break in the first place.

u have to understand with all that, drama started. and it caused more and never ended untill the final forehand error by serena.

its one thing, to have a bad line call, and i read in the first post, Keith stating the call was close. now i don't know what you call a close call, but that shot serena hit, was the least out of 5 that was close. It was no where near the damn line compared to the others. It really is a shame. Serena yeah, made the errors, but how do you all know, Serena wasn't gonna do like she did last year at Miami against Jennifer, and Just pick up game up considerably in the 3rd set, and run away with it. She wasn't given that chance. Its the fact that they cheated her, and broke her concentration on purporse etc. It has nothing to do with her getting the break back etc, again people its the fact that what they did to her, made her loose it Mentally out there, so she couldn't pull things back together.

pokey camp
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:57 PM
take a life people...

Take a life?? :haha: Judging from the mood of this board, I'm guessing there a quite a few people who would love to "take a life" right about now. :scared:

Neely OHara
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:59 PM
http://www.audax.uk.net/el/snoring.jpg

Zhao
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:03 PM
Take a life?? :haha: Judging from the mood of this board, I'm guessing there a quite a few people who would love to "take a life" right about now. :scared:ha my apologies it shd be GET A LIFE :lol: :lol:
i wouldn't have realise my blunder...

pokey camp
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:10 PM
No need to apologize dude. After reading this thread I needed a laugh. So thanks.

PhoenixStorm
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:11 PM
Jen did not cheat but she sure did lie in the post match on court interview. She blatantly said that serena won that game. She didnt win it.

TimBo
Sep 9th, 2004, 05:26 PM
And there lies your true colors...

Per your logic, if you are really wishing hard the ball was out but saw the ball in, you would accept the umpires mistake. Hmmmmm...

.....you must think Paul Hamm is really the Gold Medal Winner too... :rolleyes:

All I know is that its not her fault, she didnt call the line, its not her job to call the lines. Serena herself said she's not the blame coz its NOT HER JOB. People are blaming her for her poor use of wording, but through her career she has always had bad use of wording, BFD. Serena had over 50 unforced errors and Jenn scrambled. U know I could see the big deal if Jenn had never beaten her, but she had beaten her 2 times already this year. Lay off Jenn, she's not to blame.

and what pray tell are my true colors, coz let me tell u. U DONT KNOW ME. This is a stupid message board, get a life

And regards to Paul Hamm, I could really care less if he won or not, I hate that freakin sport

bandabou
Sep 9th, 2004, 05:40 PM
All I say is: We´ll meet again the day when Jen has FOUR calls in ONE game against her, when she gets a point overruled without getting any explanation....

TimBo
Sep 9th, 2004, 05:47 PM
I think that Serena should have called for the tournment referee if she felt that cheated. My ass wouldnt have left the court until someone gave me some explaination.

*abby*
Sep 9th, 2004, 06:49 PM
it was the mistake of one dumbass umpire who prob shudnt have been there without an eye test anyways not jenny
consider this all u jen haters....if u were playing against jenny wud u give her the point.....?
didnt think so!!!
this is one tennis match not the end of the world
im sure serena will get over it so y dont u????

adidas11
Sep 9th, 2004, 08:08 PM
All I know is that its not her fault, she didnt call the line, its not her job to call the lines. .... Lay off Jenn, she's not to blame.

I'm not trying to blame Jen. But to accept something which you know isn't yours....come on now!

[/QUOTE]and what pray tell are my true colors, coz let me tell u. U DONT KNOW ME. This is a stupid message board, get a life[/QUOTE]

Yes, I don't know you. All I can tell pf you is how you are based on what you say. And from what you said, that was my analysis, basically implying that you would do that and I wouldn't. Take it as you will. And this being a stupid message board? *sigh* I'm not even gonna comment. (Bite your tongue Adidas11) Hey, all I'm saying is that sorry if i offended thee. I was in HEAT after that match and I felt like lashing out at anything anyone said that wasn't pro-Serena and to address the injustice done.

[/QUOTE]And regards to Paul Hamm, I could really care less if he won or not, I hate that freakin sport[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

How could you not watch the sport? ;)

moon
Sep 9th, 2004, 11:35 PM
Jennifer Capriati, has no integrity when it comes to what is fair, and what is not. She saw that the ball was in. She knew that she was unfairly given the point.
But I guess, Anything goes, as far as she's concerned, even if it is wrong.
WAY TO GO JEN!

baleineau
Sep 9th, 2004, 11:55 PM
you can tell from the photograph that Jennifer can barely look Serena in the eye. She's got that "Sorry 'bout that, but I just wanted it so badly, you know?" look about her.

Johnathan Idol
Sep 10th, 2004, 01:47 AM
The truth is Jen won Serena lost how could Serena win with 57 unforced errors she played like idiot that was her words not mine 3 bad calls did not cause her lose the match yes it was unfair but life is unfair hello! Jen is a great champ I think Serena handled it pretty well all things considered but Serena's & Venus' fans are evil so nasty & bitter thats sad when Serena handles something well but her evil fans on this webboard caused all of the sympathy anyone could have for her evaporate.....

VeNuS#1LoVa
Sep 10th, 2004, 01:50 AM
I could never deny such an in ball to me miscalled like Jenn did. Yes, she won that match, but think about the circumstances. It would've then been Serena's breakpoint and she could've went on a tear. Yes Jenn won, and I hope she takes advantage and wins the whole thing, but what happened to Serena was wrong and Jenn should've said something. "It was so close" doesn't cut it. The ball was INSIDE the line.