PDA

View Full Version : Pulling for Elena D. against Capriati thread

G1Player2
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:02 AM
Seeing the travesty that happened tonight was absolutely ridiculous...4 bad calls during crucial stages of the match is just inexcusable...

I can't blame Capriati too much but her last comment about one of the bad line calls being a game Serena won, was simply incorrect and untrue...

Now I am 100% pulling for Elena Dementieva in Friday's matchup...Any one else is welcome join...

Let's hope that Elena D's groundstrokes punish Capriati into the ground and reaches her first USO final...Hopefully it is a heartbreaking loss like last year for Jennifer...

Even if you guys are feeling bad watch last year's match with Cap being up and still losing to JHH...It may help some...

Anyway, I really hope Elena D lays the smack down on Mrs. Ed...

bmxbandit
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:03 AM
This is unnecessary. Jennifer did nothing wrong except using a poor word choice.

Ted of Teds Tennis
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:11 AM
Jennifer's a toilet-mouthed hag. Whether or not she did anything wrong in the match against Serena holds no bearing on my rooting for Dementieva on Friday. (Of course, I would have been rooting for Dementieva against Serena, too. I want an all-Russian final again.)

brunof
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:14 AM
I won't be joining you, but I hope others join me in giving out bad rep. points to certain people. :rolleyes:

deckham
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:14 AM
Jennifer's a toilet-mouthed hag. Whether or not she did anything wrong in the match against Serena holds no bearing on my rooting for Dementieva on Friday. (Of course, I would have been rooting for Dementieva against Serena, too. I want an all-Russian final again.)
definitely... :yeah: i hope dementieva hits the final match against another russian..... maybe even davenport... either way... i do want dementieva to win and a russian to win this u.s. open.... :)

dylan24
Sep 8th, 2004, 05:34 AM
i hope capriati buries dementieva.
hopefully elena's thigh injury is not healed up and capster takes advantage of a crippled dementieva.

G1Player2
Sep 8th, 2004, 06:24 AM
hopefully elena's thigh injury is not healed up and capster takes advantage of a crippled dementieva.
Yeah, you would rely on a player's injury for someone as defensive as Cap to make it through...

Sportfan
Sep 8th, 2004, 06:27 AM
So Jennifer would need Elena to be hurt to win this match doesn't say much about her does it. Anyway may the person who plays the best win.

Venus+Serena#1fan
Sep 8th, 2004, 06:29 AM
I don't think jennifer is to blame for the choice the umpire made, however, a classy player like Lindsay or Serena, would have gone up to the umpire to say the ball was good (on the backhand winner), it was SO obvious.

Besides, had it not been for that bad call, and the 3 TERRIBLE calls in the final game, Serena would have probably won that match, therefore I feel Capriati did not deserve the match, and had the umpire and linespeople done their job correctly, Capriati would have been out of the tournament.

I hope Elena makes it happen. She has a better ground game than Capriati IMO, hopefully she can recover and hold her serve as best she can.

Bamafan717
Sep 8th, 2004, 06:29 AM
GO ELENA DEMENTIEVA! US OPEN FINALIST!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

DEETHELICK
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:09 PM
This is all getting blown out of proportion. Jen didn't express herself correctly, Serena was gracious. It seemed like they had no bad blood between them, so why is it becoming a big deal here.

I'm looking forward to good tennis, both are my faves. Jen can take Elena down, but I'm also sure that Elena can take Jen down. Goes both ways.

Good luck to both! :)

Chunchun
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:17 PM
GO ELENA DEMENTIEVA! US OPEN FINALIST!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

she's only the finalist!?!?!??! :eek: :(

she's of cuss the winner!!!!