PDA

View Full Version : Anna seen at Enrique concert in Canada

apoet29
Mar 12th, 2002, 06:01 PM
I got this off of a Canadian news wire service. I thought I would copy it here for Anna fans. Enjoy!

Escape with Enrique
Iglesias' sexual energy more than compensated for show's bad sound
By JANE STEVENSON -- Toronto Sun

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ENRIQUE IGLESIAS
Air Canada Centre, Toronto
Monday, March 11, 2002
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TORONTO -- Latin pop star Enrique Iglesias launched his Escape tour last night at the Air Canada Centre's Sears Theatre in front of a sold-out crowd of 5,000.

Make that 5,000 screaming, singing, dancing and clapping girls and women although a few men were miraculously spotted in the audience.

In fact, Iglesias' Toronto show sold out in a mere forty minutes.

The popularity of the twentysomething Miami-based heartthrob is undisputed in T.O. with his previous mall appearances in the area drawing excited females in the thousands.

But with his second English language album, the aforementioned Escape, selling well on the heels of his 1999 English language breakthrough Enrique, a concert tour pulling into these parts one day was a given. (He's already sold 23 million albums worldwide as a Spanish-language pop star.)

Among those attending last night was Iglesias' current girlfriend and video co-star (for the title track from Escape), tennis babe Anna Kournikova.

However, all eyes were on Iglesias, especially after he started the concert 40 minutes late and made his entrance in snug-fitting brown leather pants.

Walking out on a spotlight-laden, wood-paneled catwalk that enabled him to get closer to his fans, Iglesias was quickly handed single red roses from some of those concert goers near the front of the stage during the second and third songs, Love To See You Cry and Bailamos.

He's clearly the son of crooner Julio in the-charm-the-pants-off-the-audience department.

And upping the sexual energy ante was a duet between Iglesias and a blonde female backup singer -- scantily-clad in a beaded halter top and black leather pants -- as they kissed, nuzzled, held hands, gyrated and generally touched each other during the duet Could I Have This Kiss Forever.

This scene was later repeated between Iglesias and a 13-year-old female fan plucked from the audience for a personal serenade during his big hit, Hero.

The sound was a definite problem, especially in the higher reaches of the ACC with a crowd to my right screaming in unison: "We can't hear you!" several times.

But, honestly, it didn't seem to matter that much what Iglesias -- a walking Calvin Klein ad --was actually saying or singing.

Case in point: When he raised up his green T-shirt -- emblazoned with the words "Naval Academy --San Diego" to wipe his nose, the sight of his washboard stomach illicited a roar.

Song-wise, it was Iglesias uptempo hits -- Bailamos, Rhythm Divine, Escape , Oyeme and Be With You -- that went over best during the hour-and-twenty-five minute performance.

A well-intentioned acoustic set of softspoken ballads in the middle of the show almost put the crowd to sleep.

Better executed was his set-ending cover of Steve Miller's The Joker, which saw Iglesias seated on the catwalk surrounded by his seven-piece band and three backup singers.

He even grabbed his crotch for extra effect as he sang the line: "I really like your peaches, just want to shake your tree."

Do you even need to be told the audience's reaction to that?

Nimi
Mar 12th, 2002, 06:11 PM
i wanted her:eek:

Vanity
Mar 12th, 2002, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the news poet....

Does this mean that I can now grab Sergei for myself??? :hearts:

;)

apoet29
Mar 12th, 2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Vanity
Thanks for the news poet....

Does this mean that I can now grab Sergei for myself??? :hearts:

;)

Dearest Vanity,

You know I think very highly of you, but Sergei's mine! LOL!

Seriously, whomever Anna chooses to be with, I hope that she is happy. :)

veryborednow
Mar 12th, 2002, 06:38 PM
Personally I think it's a business move...

She is seen with him, press coverage, increased shifting of sales of the single.

My own cynical point of view though. I've seen this too many times before.

*cough* robbie and geri *cough*

apoet29
Mar 12th, 2002, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by veryborednow
Personally I think it's a business move...

She is seen with him, press coverage, increased shifting of sales of the single.

My own cynical point of view though. I've seen this too many times before.

*cough* robbie and geri *cough*

Could be. I would not deny that I have seen that happen myself. However, I try to stay away from cynicism and hope that if two people are together, it is because they want to be together, not because they hope to make a quick buck.

Vanity
Mar 12th, 2002, 06:41 PM
Poet!! you have to learn how to share! ;)

But you are right.. I just hope Anna is happy. There was so many arguments over the Enrique thing on her official board, but if she is with him and is happy then there is no need to argue. :)

apoet29
Mar 12th, 2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Vanity
Poet!! you have to learn how to share! ;)

But you are right.. I just hope Anna is happy. There was so many arguments over the Enrique thing on her official board, but if she is with him and is happy then there is no need to argue. :)

When it comes to men, I'm not very good at sharing. However, for you Vanity, I would make an exception! :)

I have read the arguments on the Anna board as well. I agree that there is no need to argue. If Enrique and Anna make each other happy for whatever reason (friendship or serious relationship), then everyone should be happy for them.

Zl@tko
Mar 12th, 2002, 07:08 PM
Anna loses in first round of Indian Wells. She's bored. "OMG, what will i do whole week? I get it! I will visit Enrique! And practicing? Who cares..." :)

veryborednow
Mar 12th, 2002, 07:30 PM
apoet - don't see that as a dissmissal of your imformation. thank you for it :)

apoet29
Mar 12th, 2002, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by veryborednow
apoet - don't see that as a dissmissal of your imformation. thank you for it :)

Oh no. I don't feel that way at all. I was merely disagreeing with you. You do make a great point veryborednow as always! :)

marshmellow
Mar 13th, 2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by zlatko seles
Anna loses in first round of Indian Wells. She's bored. "OMG, what will i do whole week? I get it! I will visit Enrique! And practicing? Who cares..." :)

hehe http://216.40.198.77/mysmilies/s/kao/otn/blobtongue.gif

eep! apoet and vanity, you take sergei....i'm waiting for his brother....:drool: yummm....

the thing is, it'll be a shock if she's really not going out with sergei anymore :sad: ..

pfff....she's a big girl....

apoet29
Mar 13th, 2002, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by marshmellow

hehe http://216.40.198.77/mysmilies/s/kao/otn/blobtongue.gif

eep! apoet and vanity, you take sergei....i'm waiting for his brother....:drool: yummm....

the thing is, it'll be a shock if she's really not going out with sergei anymore :sad: ..

pfff....she's a big girl....

Fedor Fedorov is a cutie isn't he?! Sergei is quite beautiful though!

It would be sad if Anna and Sergei were not together any more, but if Anna is happy with her choice of a mate whoever it is (Sergei or Enrique) in the end that is all that matters. I read again on the Canadian wire service today that Anna was at Enrique's concert last night in Montreal. It seems that this may be a serious relationship since you don't travel out of the country for your friends. Good luck to Anna!

Vanity
Mar 13th, 2002, 06:30 PM
thanks poet, Sergei is all ours... muhahahahaha ;)

but seriously, they were together for awhile and i'm not sure what happened. I would say her and Enrique must have something going on, because as you said, you don't travel out of the country for a friend when you have to be at a tournament the next week.

I always hear lots of gossip about hockey players and their groupies, so maybe that had something to do with it, but i'm really not sure. Either way, as marshmellow said, Anna is a big girl! ;)

the cat
Mar 13th, 2002, 07:27 PM
Anna is a big girl? Since when? When she stops playing these silly little girl games, she'll be a big girl.

I have adored Anna from day one. But she keeps making the same mistakes over and over again on and off the court. For Sergei Fedorov's sake, I hope they have split up. Anna has emarrassed him long enough. It's time for #91 to move on from Anna. He's just as great a catch as Anna is. It's about time he realized that. Udachi Sergei!

How Anna she properly preparing for Miami by flying to Canada? She isn't. Is that "big girl" behaviour? Nyet!

Anna has always been able to do what she wants when she wants. And that's part of the problem.

This is a marketing ploy. Very similar to the one she used 2 years ago with Pavel Bure. Her game is going nowhere. So Anna pops up in the news and gossip columns all over the world. And now she has a new marketing campaign with Adidas. Perfect timing! She is a master of marketing. That's for sure.

It'a all such a shame. Because Anna has the ability to be a fine tennis player. But she is showing no signs of having a breakthrough year. Unless Enrique Iglesias is the breakthrough!

auntie janie
Mar 13th, 2002, 07:39 PM
I can't believe I am entering this discussion, but I have to say I agree with the cat. I am quite sure it is a marketing arrangement. When Anna got that huge paycheck for this music video, it was not just for her performance, but also for continuing publicity appearances for Enrique's album -- that's how the entertainment industry works.

I don't buy the idea that a girl does not leave her country without a romantic motive -- a flight to Toronto or Montreal is no big deal for a jetsetting star. Especially when you get paid for it. I am sure she was back in Miami sunning and practicing in no time flat.

apoet29
Mar 13th, 2002, 08:00 PM
completely naive, I'm going to defend Anna here and disagree with the last three posts (I'm can't believe I am disagreeing with Cat and Janie. Sorry guys!).

I feel that perhaps you guys are being too hard on Anna here. What can she possibly gain from spending time with Enrique to promote his album? Money? She already makes more than every tennis player except for the Williams sisters. Fame? Anna is incredibly famous on her own terms. She does not need to spend time with Enrique for either one of those things. If Anna is in Canada, it is because she wants to spend time with Enrique and for no other reason. If Anna were simply a starlet, I would agree with you. But she is very famous in her own right, so the theory of free publicity and money does not fly with me.

What happened between Anna and Sergei is unknown to anyone except for them and their immediate family. If they are not together anymore, perhaps that is the best thing for both of them. As long as they are happy, that is all that matters.

As far as Anna's tennis is concerned, I agree that Anna needs to start making some moves if she hopes to achieve anything. However, part of being an adult is making your own choices and at this time, Anna is choosing to do things her own way. Is she making a mistake by not practicing for the Miami tournament? Quite possibly. But that is a mistake that she will have to live with when she participates later on this month.

apoet29
Mar 13th, 2002, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by tovah
You make a nice point apoet, but Anna is there for promotional purposes. You remember when she was injured last year and still made all of those trips to Rome and Paris and Berlin for Adidas and Omega promotions? That's the same thing here: in order for Anna to make those millions the media criticizes her for, Anna has to promote them like crazy. Her price tag for this video was NOT cheap, and this was part of the deal.

Anna and Sergei have been split up fifty times according to people on message boards and gossip columns for the past few years. They've never been split up.

LOL, just my opinion, I could be wrong :D

I agree and disagree with you. Anna did get paid a lot of money to appear in that video, but her responsibility to Enrique ended after the video was made. Anna doesn't have to appear at Enrique's concerts unless she personally wants to be there. Jennifer Love Hewitt appeared in a video with Enrique and you don't see her at his concerts promoting the video. Why? Because she bears no responsibility to do that. Anna and Jennifer were paid very well for their appearances and that is all that is required of them.

Anna's endorsement deals are a completely different issue. Yes, Anna is the spokesperson for these products and therefore bears a responsibility to promote them when asked. You cannot compare an endorsement deal with a corporate sponsor to an appearance in a music video.

I agree with you about Anna and Sergei. I guess we will know this summer the truth about their relationship.

venusrocks
Mar 13th, 2002, 08:52 PM
I just read that Anna was present at the Enrique Iglesias concert here in Toronto and the article referred to her as his current girlfriend.

Is this true?

apoet29
Mar 13th, 2002, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by tovah
*shrug* I don't know about Jennifer Love Hewitt. In a way, being in a music video is an endorsement. On her official site there are links to mtv.com to vote for the video on TRL, she's at his Toronto concert, etc.

I don't think there's a lot of difference in Anna modeling Omega watches in Hong Kong and her making a cameo at one of Enrique's concerts. Anna's obligation to Omega didn't end with a photo shoot for a magazine spread just like her obligation to the music video didn't end with just being in the video. I don't pretend to know everything about advertising, but I've seen this kind of crap about Anna dating *so and so this month* too much to buy any of it this time around.

Tovah,

you and I can agree to disagree on this subject. I guess we will just wait and see.

apoet29
Mar 13th, 2002, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by venusrocks
I just read that Anna was present at the Enrique Iglesias concert here in Toronto and the article referred to her as his current girlfriend.

Is this true?

No one knows for sure. Until an official announcement is made all we can do is speculate. It's sad that all of this talk isn't about her tennis though.

junkartist
Mar 13th, 2002, 09:37 PM
I agree with The Cat...Anna has dogged Sergei so many times! I am so happy to see that so mnay of us love that boy! Maybe he is just a gentle pussycat who likes to be controlled by the bossy Dominatrix that she is! lol

Wake up Sergei!!!lol You are not getting any younger!

I think they did break up once...what was that story when he sent her all those roses? She wouldn't speak to him....

Anna please stop dogging my baby!

apoet29
Mar 13th, 2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by junkartist
I agree with The Cat...Anna has dogged Sergei so many times! I am so happy to see that so mnay of us love that boy! Maybe he is just a gentle pussycat who likes to be controlled by the bossy Dominatrix that she is! lol

Wake up Sergei!!!lol You are not getting any younger!

I think they did break up once...what was that story when he sent her all those roses? She wouldn't speak to him....

Anna please stop dogging my baby!

I'm afraid Junkartist that Vanity and I have claimed Sergei as our baby already! LOL!

In any case, no one knows what goes on in any relationship except for the two people involved and their immediate family and friends. If Anna and Sergei are still together, that's great. If not, perhaps they are better off.

BTW, I don't believe that any one can be controlled by another unless he or she wants to be controlled. Sergei seems(ed) very happy with Anna and their relationship and so I don't think it is for any of us to judge differently.

auntie janie
Mar 13th, 2002, 11:17 PM
apoet, I do think you are being a little naive about this! Yes, Anna is famous-- but to STAY famous when her tennis is suffering, she needs to stay somehow in the public eye.

To illustrate this, last summer the long-injured Anna gave a Lycos-related press conference in NYC during the US Open -- and nobody showed up except a few photographers (did you ever see a story about it? I didn't.) Reporters were even offered a free ride and free MEAL at the press conference, but still no one went. The players actually on the court were (rightly so) the center of attention. I heard this personally from a reporter who was invited (but declined).

Celebrity is a tenuous thing, and even the famous Anna Kournikova needs to stay fairly continually in the public eye in order to command the big bucks from sponsors. If her tennis isn't doing it for her, she'll find other ways.

Snoopy91
Mar 13th, 2002, 11:28 PM
Oh, it makes me so happy to see all of these fellow Sergei lovers!! I live in the Detroit area, so the Wings are just about everybody's team here and Sergei is by far my favorite player. As all of you said, he just seems like such a sweet guy.

I am a huge fan of Anna, but sometimes I just don't understand her decisions. If she really is dating Enrique, then I wish them both happiness in that relationship. I just hope Sergei was not hurt too badly in the whole situation. He has always seemed to be very devoted to her, but he is incredibly good-looking, and there are a lot of other women out there besides Anna.

On the other hand, Anna is only 20. Can we really expect her to want to settle down with one man? I am 17, and I know that in three years I still want to be playing field. I certainly don't intend to be tied down. Perhaps this is how Anna feels, and if so, she has every right to want to date around. As I said, there are plenty of women who would love to take her place as Sergei's significant other.

BTW, I just have to share this with you guys. Two years ago at the beginning of summer, the Detroit Free Press published a fun list in the Sports section that was titled "Signs That it is Summer in the World of Sports" (or something to that effect). One of the things listed was "Sergei is a spectator at all of the major tennis tournaments." The one below it read "Anna is a spectator at all of the major tennis tournaments." Even though I am a die-hard Anna fan, that one had me rolling in laughter for some reason.

apoet29
Mar 13th, 2002, 11:34 PM
I'm glad to see so many Sergei fans here too!

Janie, you are probably right that I am being naive in a sense. However, I always try and see the good in someone.:angel:

auntie janie
Mar 13th, 2002, 11:44 PM
I know, apoet! :kiss:

But what we are saying about Anna's motives here is not "bad". It is just BUSINESS. And maybe you are right and it is True Love.:hearts:

And I hope you do get Sergei! Do you know, he likes to be bossed around, though! ;)

apoet29
Mar 13th, 2002, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by janie
I know, apoet! :kiss:

But what we are saying about Anna's motives here is not "bad". It is just BUSINESS. And maybe you are right and it is True Love.:hearts:

And I hope you do get Sergei! Do you know, he likes to be bossed around, though! ;)

Oh well, then I am out of luck with Sergei since I wouldn't know how to boss someone around! LOL! Even my students know that I have a soft spot for everyone!

:rolleyes:

junkartist
Mar 14th, 2002, 12:22 AM
apoet...your response was fun but waaaayyyy to serious! I didn't mean to come off as judging...I'm not all into their relationship just Sergei...I've seen how she treats him! lol

Even Janie says he likes to be bossed...ain't it obvious that Anna wears the pants?...I'm sure when he saw that video he was sad :sad:

Claim whatever you want though..BACK OFF...THE BOY IS MINE!!!:wavey: :p :D I have a rare trading card of him framed and sitting on my desk...when he was so young and succulent! 21 years old...sigh...:hearts: :hearts: :drool: lol

apoet29
Mar 14th, 2002, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by junkartist
apoet...your response was fun but waaaayyyy to serious! I didn't mean to come off as judging...I'm not all into their relationship just Sergei...I've seen how she treats him! lol

Even Janie says he likes to be bossed...ain't it obvious that Anna wears the pants?...I'm sure when he saw that video he was sad :sad:

Claim whatever you want though..BACK OFF...THE BOY IS MINE!!!:wavey: :p :D I have a rare trading card of him framed and sitting on my desk...when he was so young and succulent! 21 years old...sigh...:hearts: :hearts: :drool: lol

Junkartist,

I'm sorry if I can off as too serious. I didn't mean to sound judgmental. I apologize. :sad:

However, I think you, I and Vanity are in for a catfight! Between Vanity and I, I believe we can win him from you!

BTW, do you have that poster of him wearing nothing but his shorts with his back to the camera? It came out a few years ago. He has the most beautiful body! :)

auntie janie
Mar 14th, 2002, 12:58 AM
Sergei was wearing shorts at Wimbledon in 2000, as he ran around the practice court picking up balls for Anna (I saw this on BBC)-- as she flirted with all the guys walking by, so said a reporter who witnessed the scene! Poor old Sergei! What is he, her pet dog? :D :o :o

I wanted to shout, Be a man, not a mouse, Sergei! Let her pick up her own pucking balls! :angel: :D

disposablehero
Mar 14th, 2002, 01:29 AM
Anna could do better than this goof.

Incidentally, Anna makes about $10 Million US a year in endorsements. Why visit Canada when she could buy it?

marshmellow
Mar 14th, 2002, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by the cat
Anna is a big girl? Since when? When she stops playing these silly little girl games, she'll be a big girl.

I have adored Anna from day one. But she keeps making the same mistakes over and over again on and off the court. For Sergei Fedorov's sake, I hope they have split up. Anna has emarrassed him long enough. It's time for #91 to move on from Anna. He's just as great a catch as Anna is. It's about time he realized that. Udachi Sergei!

How Anna she properly preparing for Miami by flying to Canada? She isn't. Is that "big girl" behaviour? Nyet!

Anna has always been able to do what she wants when she wants. And that's part of the problem.

This is a marketing ploy. Very similar to the one she used 2 years ago with Pavel Bure. Her game is going nowhere. So Anna pops up in the news and gossip columns all over the world. And now she has a new marketing campaign with Adidas. Perfect timing! She is a master of marketing. That's for sure.

It'a all such a shame. Because Anna has the ability to be a fine tennis player. But she is showing no signs of having a breakthrough year. Unless Enrique Iglesias is the breakthrough!

to the cat whose age is hidden from us lowly human beings.... well your views and mine can be completely different.

to me, she IS a big girl. everything she's done at the age of 20 and the way she decides on how she wants her life to go....well, to me that's taking charge of your own life (even if mum probably has a 'say' in it from time to time:rolleyes: ....)

you don't like how she treats sergei...i don't particularly enjoy hearing about some things in their relationship as well...but no one really knows what's going on with them. i don't even like hearing news that sergei and anna could have already split up....and she's now with...um, coughhttp://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/kao/otn/bloblaugh1.gif....enrique....

however, i just want her to be happy...and if this silly game, as you call it, is what she wants....then fine. not that what you and i say here makes any difference to what she does anyway....besides.....the recent turn of events have opened things up for apoet and vanity ;) ....

ofcourse, being somewhere else rather than practicing on the courts Does bother me. but if she had been in one of sergei's matches rather than a concert, i would be a little bias about thishttp://216.40.201.240/s/kao/otn/blobtongue.gif...

i hope she still gets some practice done....her game really needs it right now....

jojoseph
Mar 14th, 2002, 05:37 AM
cat, wtf are you talking about, dude?

silly little girl games? huh? :rolleyes:
--------------------

anyway, Anna doesn't have to make any appearances because she was in that video. It doesn't work that way. The video isn't one of her sponsors. She was in it, and they payed her, and that's the end of that.

From what it says, Enrique launched his "Escape" tour there, and Anna went to see it off. Obviously she was in the video "Escape" so there you go.

Anna chose to be at his concert, it's that simple. Of course, flying way over there is a little out of the ordinary so that puts a little spin on things as far as for the relationship aspect, of course. ;)

juggler
Mar 14th, 2002, 09:00 AM
personally i dont care who anna dates, as long as she's happy and it doesnt detract from her tennis. having said this looking from afar, sergei seems the more human of the two, while enrique is more like your typical whiny celebrity.

as for her being in canada. who knows if she is actually there? is she is then so what. she has been playing tennis continually since effectively november, with exhibitions etc. everyone accepts that she is one of the heaviest trainers on the practice court. so what she does in her time off really shouldnt matter.

marshmellow
Mar 14th, 2002, 09:11 AM
sergei seems the more humn of the two.....

:rolleyes: :p :angel:

ajayares
Mar 14th, 2002, 10:11 AM
apoet, I do think you are being a little naive about this! Yes, Anna is famous-- but to STAY famous when her tennis is suffering, she needs to stay somehow in the public eye.

To illustrate this, last summer the long-injured Anna gave a Lycos-related press conference in NYC during the US Open -- and nobody showed up except a few photographers (did you ever see a story about it? I didn't.) Reporters were even offered a free ride and free MEAL at the press conference, but still no one went. The players actually on the court were (rightly so) the center of attention. I heard this personally from a reporter who was invited (but declined).

Celebrity is a tenuous thing, and even the famous Anna Kournikova needs to stay fairly continually in the public eye in order to command the big bucks from sponsors. If her tennis isn't doing it for her, she'll find other ways.

Well Janie, No one showed up huh??
Then I must have been the only one to find an article on it then Janie, going by your theory.. In fact I have 3 seperate ones.. 2 that I cannot post the link on here (out of date) But there was articles on yahoo (in fact a press release about the whole event) and Times in London an an article on it as well.. and this was found in the New York Daily http://www.nydailynews.com/2001-09-07/Metro_Sports/Other_Sports/a-124556.asp

Now I just wonder how these article appeared, if No one turned up??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You love to put Anna down, I think you could make a living out of it actually.. but atleast gets some fact correct for a change..

Oh BTW Anna only has about half dozen sponsors.. (Adidas, Yonex, Lycos, Berlei, Pegaso, Omega) and they are ALL long term, so I think she is already receiving the Big Buck as you put it...

auntie janie
Mar 14th, 2002, 12:17 PM
Okay, ajayares - HARDLY ANYONE showed up, despite the bribe of a free meal -- I never meant NOT ONE REPORTER showed up, only that the press conference was VERY sparsely attended for such an event. Sheesh! :rolleyes:

the cat
Mar 14th, 2002, 04:13 PM
I agree with Jojo, Anna isn't required to be at Enrique's concert because she guest starred in his video. Being in a video for a few seconds doesn't make it as important to Anna as her work and responsibilities with Adidas, Omega, Lycos and Berlei. Anna was in Toronto because she wanted to be.

Meesh
Mar 14th, 2002, 04:45 PM
** My cynical point of view **

Anna fans and media have always said that Anna is one of the hardest working players on the tour. So as long as her trips with Enrique don't interfere with
her 2003 calendar shoot,
her childrens book she is writing (see Amazon.com) her modeling for Omega,
her duties to Adidas, Lycos, Berlei, and Pegaso

I don't see this as a big deal.

apoet29
Mar 14th, 2002, 05:56 PM
Dear Guys,

I thank you for your wonderful and insightful response as always. I did not expect so many responses to this thread. There are a few things I would like to address and then I am closing my mouth on this particular subject.

Anna K, like the Williams sisters, has the ability to either inspire positive or negative responses. There does not seem to be a middle ground when discussing her. While I have been as critical of her tennis results as the next person, I do object to the notion stated implicitly by some in this thread that Anna's time with Enrique is simply for the money and publicity and that she could not possibly care for him. Anna has no obligation to Enrique. She was paid well to appear in his video and that is all that was required of her to do so. If Anna chooses to spend time with Enrique, it is because she likes him and wants to spend her off days with him. Her relationship with Sergei Fedorov is another matter. It does seem that Anna has mistreated Sergei in the past and I will be the first to admit that it does bother me since I am a fan of his and generally view him as a good person who truly seemed to love Anna. However, relationships do work two ways. If Anna did mistreat Sergei, why did he take it? He is a grown man, good looking, kind, and wealthy. Sergei could have been with anyone else. Yet he choose Anna. I believe that two people must take responsibility in their relationship and Sergei must defend his own actions in kind. (Domestic violence, which I grew up around, is an entirely different matter and that is for another post).

It has always bothered me the tendency of everyday folk to look at celebrities and see the negative. While celebrities live a different lifestyle from others, at the end of the day, they are human beings and have the same strengths and weaknesses as everyone else. It is one thing to criticize Anna's tennis results. Anna's results are not on par with her talent and she does deserve criticism for it. I do believe that her fame has hurt her development quite a bit more than most are willing to allude to. It is entirely another to say that she is incapable of caring for someone unless money or fame were involved. Since none of us know her personally, I see it as a failing on our parts to criticize her or any other celebrity in such a manner. Who is to say that any of us placed in their situation would not react the same way?
No person is infallible and people often make mistakes. The difference being with celebrities; their mistakes are in the public eye. Ours are not. I believe that the world is a very harsh place to live in and that we should all look at each other and find something nice to say about another person.

I have been told in the past that I often read too much into things, take things far too seriously or even worse overstate the obvious. I realize my own failings in this manner and if I have offended anyone, I do apologize. It is not my intention to do so.

jojoseph
Mar 15th, 2002, 05:17 AM
Sergei was wearing shorts at Wimbledon in 2000, as he ran around the practice court picking up balls for Anna (I saw this on BBC)-- as she flirted with all the guys walking by, so said a reporter who witnessed the scene!

I'm just curious, what exactly would be the definition of "flirting" as used by the reporter at the scene?

When Anna got that huge paycheck for this music video, it was not just for her performance, but also for continuing publicity appearances for Enrique's album -- that's how the entertainment industry works.

where did you get your info from? I'm eager to see how much money anna made? You must have good sources, janie.

thanx in advance

marshmellow
Mar 15th, 2002, 05:45 AM
how old are you again apoet? http://216.40.201.240/s/kao/otn/blobpink1.gif

Light-skinned Girl
Mar 15th, 2002, 04:04 PM
I really like the music video they did together. Anna was so *striking* in it and Enrique looked handsome as well. :)

Nina_rus
Mar 23rd, 2002, 01:31 PM
From abstracts-
The Sun reports Anna Kournikova has taken to disguising herself by wearing a black wig when she's out with Enrique Iglesias. An onlooker who spotted her in the get-up with Enrique in Toronto said, "It was a ridiculous get-up. Everyone recognised her."