PDA

View Full Version : Calls don't make a match, get over it!

mboyle
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:31 AM
Jennifer CLEARLY could have won that match w/o getting those bad calls. She didn't ask for them, so shut up about it already!

tennisfan22
Preach my boy preach :kiss:

bmxbandit
Go to hell.

MinnyGophers
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:32 AM
mboyle aren't you a big WS fan? I am surprised you are not hollering at your neighbors' roofs about how Serena was screwed.

Diesel
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:32 AM
get over that people are angry. Accept Jennifer got calls she shouldn't have.

SJW
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:34 AM
"calls don't make a match"??? :lol:

stupidity has found a new low. honestly, do you really believe that? :)

bandabou
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:35 AM
:haha: :rolls: Bad calls don´t make match?! Mboyle what have you been smoking?!

Black Mamba.
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:36 AM
I am one that believe's that calls don't make a match, but 4 sure do.

jbone_0307
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:38 AM
Calls do make a match, especially when awarded points accumulate into games.

Knizzle
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:39 AM
mboyle just wanted to say something, ANYTHING, just ignore the child.

esquímaux
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:39 AM

:lol: End of discussion.

Knizzle
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:40 AM
Sometimes you have to pat kids like mboyle on the head and say OK son. Humor them. :lol:

WSfan
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:40 AM

especially that last game in which Serena got 4 consecutive bad calls

thelittlestelf
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:41 AM
I don't buy it. The backhand dtl got to Serena's head whether she wants to admit it or not, and all of the bad calls came at CRUCIAL moments. I think Serena would have won that match if it weren't for the calls, honestly.

Mrs. Peel
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:41 AM
mboyle aren't you a big WS fan? I am surprised you are not hollering at your neighbors' roofs about how Serena was screwed.
Mboyle is not a WS fan...

crackbaby yes, WS no :wavey:

Mrs. Peel
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:42 AM
especially that last game in which Serena got 4 consecutive bad calls
If calls were made correctly is would have bee 5-5 in the 3rd in a hurry!

Butchwax
Jennifer CLEARLY could have won that match w/o getting those bad calls. She didn't ask for them, so shut up about it already!

Agreed, Jennifer just out smarted Serena and out played her. Serena should retire. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anna F'd Enrique
yes they do....they made a match that I played this weekend pffftt

Janet
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:57 AM
what are you guys talking about of course calls make a match.......John Mc said the same thing it does make a match, and for those who say get-over it when you become an athlete we see if it easy to get over it.................but serena has class and she will get over it and go her ways.................and forget about US OPEN she already a champion anyway!!

SharapovaFan16
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:00 AM
win 6-0,6-0 and calls don't mean shit. haha

SharapovaFan16
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:01 AM
janet serena a champ of what? she is fading like tiger woods. only difference is tiger has what it takes to reach the top again. serena doesn't. she is worried about how she looks on the court more than tennis. haha!

mentos
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:10 AM
janet serena a champ of what? she is fading like tiger woods. only difference is tiger has what it takes to reach the top again. serena doesn't. she is worried about how she looks on the court more than tennis. haha!You only hope that Serena is on the decline.
And, interestingly enough, the supposed new star of WTA tennis didn't even make it to the quarters. That's what's really :lol:

Achiever1911
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:18 AM

Serena was screwed 4 darn times which went against her. I do realize that 1 bad call doesn't not make a match. But 4 bad calls are totally unacceptable. Jennifer should give some of her earnings to the chair umpire as that's the only way she won the match. She's going to get beat down anyway by Davenport so Serena will still have the last laugh. I rest my case.

Sportfan
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:24 AM
What the hell are you talking about of course calls make a match especially when you are given four bad calls in a row so that your opponent has match point instead of break point. It was ridiculous and you can honestly say with a straight face that there was not a big problem with that match. I would love to see the reaction of the other tennis fans if their faves had to withstand the nonesense that Serena was put through tonight.

Hant Hant
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:24 AM
You people are mean to mboyle. He is just giving his opinion. No need to insinuate that he is mentally retarded.

harloo
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:26 AM
3-0 Serena was the correct score in the third. Jen was clearly given a gift that was unfair. The chair clearly cheated and should be fired.

Let's break it down:

At Deuce in the third on the first game, Serena hit the ball clearly in. That would of been Adv. Serena.

After words with the chair about her cheating. Serena served an ACE. 1-0

The in the second game Serena broke Jen 2-0

In the third game Serena held 3-0

In a match as intense as this one and with everything on the line it was a shame that Serena was cheated because I am convinced she would of won.

Jen's snappy comments at her on court press conference made it no better. Some in the audience even booed her, and I bet she knew that ball was in.

I really don't blame her because she wanted to win, and that was by any means necessary. I guess sportsmanship has went out the door these days.

Robbie.
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:33 AM
3-0 Serena was the correct score in the third. Jen was clearly given a gift that was unfair. The chair clearly cheated and should be fired.

Let's break it down:

At Deuce in the third on the first game, Serena hit the ball clearly in. That would of been Adv. Serena.

In a match as intense as this one and with everything on the line it was a shame that Serena was cheated because I am convinced she would of won.

Jen's snappy comments at her on court press conference made it no better. Some in the audience even booed her, and I bet she knew that ball was in.

I really don't blame her because she wanted to win, and that was by any means necessary. I guess sportsmanship has went out the door these days.
What a load of crap i'm sorry.

For starters Jennifer led *2-1, so the best that it could be for Serena was 2-1 up on serve, not 3-0 :rolleyes:

You don't know what would have happened if Serena had have won her serve. Maybe Jennifer wouldn't have played 2-3 loose shots knowing that she was serving from behind and not lost her serve. It's just pure speculative nonsense. Once something happens like that, everything after it is effected by it. Replacing that point as if each point is played in a vacuum and not in the context of a match is impossible. Serena got a tough break, all players do sometime or another.

Achiever1911
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:34 AM

Let's break it down:

Capriati will soon suffer the same fate of another cheater we know by the name of Justine Henin. Too bad I won't be tuning into anymore of the Open too see her get blitzed off the court by Davenport. I'm not giving CBS my rating point.

backhanddtl4
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:50 AM
3 bad calls in the final game...think if those three points were won by serena....It definately did effect the outcome. Also, Serena could have possibly gone up 2-0 in the first set.

mboyle
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:53 AM
I like Venus. I think Serena is amazingly cool as a person. But when she steps on a tennis court, J-Cap and Masha had better beat her behind 6-1; 6-4 or better.

Knizzle
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:55 AM
I like Venus. I think Serena is amazingly cool as a person. But when she steps on a tennis court, J-Cap and Masha had better beat her behind 6-1; 6-4 or better.
*pats mboyle on the head* "OK son."

mboyle
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:55 AM
I guess sportsmanship has went out the door these days.
"HAS WENT"???? WTF? How freakin ignorant are you?:rolleyes: Has Went? That is like baby talk.:o

mboyle
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:57 AM
*pats mboyle on the head* "OK son."
And age has what to do with what, exactly? It isn't like I am some 12 year old who doesn't know what he is talking about or is completely immature or something.

mboyle
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:59 AM
Sometimes you have to pat kids like mboyle on the head and say OK son. Humor them. :lol:I am not a kid. Also, I can rest at night with the knowledge that I am more intelligent than you, and that I have been successful at just about everything I have tried to do. I have reason to believe my blessings will continue. You can call me a kid right now. That's okay. Just watch out ten years down the road, k? We'll see who has the last laugh.

Foot_Fault
Sep 8th, 2004, 05:02 AM
We'll never know this to be true. Think about it...12 year old BOY!

mboyle
Sep 8th, 2004, 05:02 AM
The point is Jennifer could have won the match with perfect lines judging. It isn't like Serena had a matchpoint, hit a winner that was clearly good, and the ball was called out. Serena never was in a winning position.

Call no. 1: Serena would go up Ad. In. Oh boy, I am scared now. That means oh so much.

Other calls: Okay, Serena ties it at 5-5. What now? She did that to Henin at RG last year, and Justine won almost all of the remaining points. Who says J-Cap wouldn't have done the same thing?

mboyle
Sep 8th, 2004, 05:03 AM
We'll never know this to be true. Think about it...12 year old BOY!
I am not 12, why would you think that?

Shuji Shuriken
Sep 8th, 2004, 05:07 AM
I am not a kid. Also, I can rest at night with the knowledge that I am more intelligent than you, and that I will almost certainly be more successful in life. You can call me a kid right now. That's okay.
And you know this how :rolleyes:? For all you know, you could choke on your tongue and pass out before the morning comes (god forbid, cause I'd feel guilty as hell :o) and then all your intelligence and future success wouldn't mean shit :o. Don't brag about pointless shit like that....it's senseless :).

mboyle
Sep 8th, 2004, 05:16 AM
I don't think I was doing too much bragging:tape: ...

mboyle
Sep 8th, 2004, 05:27 AM
but yeah, that was out of line. I have corrected myself. I don't know that my good fortune will continue. The lord giveth and the lord taketh away. No hard feelings, Knizzle.:wavey:

Jericho
Sep 8th, 2004, 05:44 AM
Mboyle is not a WS fan...

crackbaby yes, WS no :wavey:
haha sorry that was funny :lol: