PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Mcenroe says...

G1Player2
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:07 AM
"I'm still upset over that match," says Mcenroe, "Now, I don't feel bad about any of the on court antics I put on."

"1 call, I can understand, but there were about 5 or 6 bad calls in that match that came at crucial times...

bmxbandit
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:08 AM
Johnny :worship:

SJW
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:09 AM
LMAO...if he were serena we woulda seen fireworks...

thelittlestelf
Johnny Mac is exactly right.

Stefwhit
JMac is only speakin' the truth- and we ALL know it...

hotandspicey
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:10 AM
Kudos to JMac!!!!!

lizchris
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:13 AM
One of the few times I agree with him.:worship:

But I wonder who is he going to root for on Friday; Jennifer or Elena?

mykarma
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:14 AM
"I'm still upset over that match," says Mcenroe, "Now, I don't feel bad about any of the on court antics I put on."

"1 call, I can understand, but there were about 5 or 6 bad calls in that match that came at crucial times...I couldn't believe Johnny Mac. You know it was bad for McEnroe to stick up for Serena. If that many bad calls had been made against Jen, they would have booed Serena off the f__ing court.

Serena still went out with class. Congratulated Jen and told her she hopes she wins.

jbone_0307
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:15 AM
Yeah, he's still talking about it during the Roddick match. Its just pathetic.

Cariaoke
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:15 AM
i'm shocked to see Jmac so upset! THEY'RE STILL TALKING ABOUT IT!

CC
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:16 AM
He pretty much said it was disgusting.

BigTennisFan
i'm shocked to see Jmac so upset! THEY'RE STILL TALKING ABOUT IT!
That's because you hate to see a good match come down to crappy calls.

Bright Red
Since the US Open, Johnny has really grown on me. I can't believe I'm actually going to start watching his show.

Mrs. Peel
I hope Serena is raising holy hell!!!!!!

What is the name of the ump? I have to write someone about that travesty!

Tennis Fool
Can you imagine if it were Mac? He would have given the ump such a mouthful, he would have defaulted out of the match :lol:

ZAK
One of the few times I agree with him.:worship:

But I wonder who is he going to root for on Friday; Jennifer or Elena?
He's going to root for Jen obviously. They are friends and she's American, but he doesn't let that affect his objectivity, which is nice to see

selesfan
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:17 AM
Thats why I love Johnny Mac, he tells it like it is.:worship:

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:18 AM
It deserves to be talked about... I love Johnny Mac for saying something!

Tennis Fool
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:19 AM
Since the US Open, Johnny has really grown on me. I can't believe I'm actually going to start watching his show.
Will it last longer than this year's USO :bolt:

Chris_G
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:20 AM
Good on Mac for speaking the truth. This is the second year in a row they're blatantly rigging matches at the Open. The whole thing is a joke and a disgrace.

Stefwhit
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:22 AM
Maybe some good can come from this. The WTA has a responsiblity to react and maybe this could be the start of them embracing technology to help improve the sport and cut out the things that make this sport unactractive as a viewer (matches decided on bad calls).

clonesheep
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:26 AM
While JMac likes talking trash and making sour remarks, he is at least fair in this regard. I think he is a far better commentator than Tracy Austin or Mary Carillo.

bandabou
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:26 AM
wow....you KNOW it is BAD when Johnny Mac says something about it.

Stefwhit
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:48 AM
I'm glad JMac hasn't let it go and I'm glad he's tellin' it like it should be told. You gotta respect the truth...

Just when i think I couldn't possibly like Serena more... I'm so impressed with her and not just as a tennis player, but as a person with class and dignity.

*JR*
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:54 AM
Write TD Jim Curley: curley@usta.com

Also write Jen's agent, Barbara Perry: bperry@imgworld.com

Shane54
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:30 AM
Well, Mac is right. But I am not surprised. It seems as though everytime Rena plays, Mac is ready to accept Rena as His Lord and Savior :rolleyes:

Sportfan
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:53 AM
Johnny Mac was right on the money.

disposablehero
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:57 AM
Funny how many Williams fans are suddenly on Johnny Mac's side. I wonder if they realize he was never actually their enemy?